You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1000point MTT

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Amazing.

Im new to sky but in all fairness was told its not the best site for rewards etc but i like what i thought was tv coverage but that seems to be once a week also the vegas torn looks great but pkr is 330$ for the final not £1100 and they give top 10 a seat so the vegas torn looks very pricey.
    I have liked the small 5.50 torns but i much prefer deep stack games for about £ 25.00 but there dosnt seem to be any on here am i wrong and just havnt seen them, im curious and keen to play these torns.
    Also as a new player i havnt received any bonuses of any kind only a few points which seem pointless having read this thread, i hope im not upsetting the big wigs but thought id point out that new customers dont get any merits on here
  • edited March 2010
    I dont really get what the point in the test was... to see if 50+ players would be willing to pay 1000 points for a freeroll deepstack with a prize pool of £100?
    There is like 2000+ players at a time on sky... obviously 50+ will be willing to play lol.
    Im thinking sky_bernie just got bored in the office and thought it would be cool to make his own tournament lol.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT:
    I dont really get what the point in the test was... to see if 50+ players would be willing to pay 1000 points for a freeroll deepstack with a prize pool of £100? There is like 2000+ players at a time on sky... obviously 50+ will be willing to play lol. Im thinking sky_bernie just got bored in the office and thought it would be cool to make his own tournament lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    he was testing the level of militancy, and it seems to be low, so now sky know that they can get away with offering £100 for 50,000 points as this tourney was a sellout quite quickly.  Not sure how satisfied the main rake earners on the site will be about this
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : he was testing the level of militancy, and it seems to be low, so now sky know that they can get away with offering £100 for 50,000 points as this tourney was a sellout quite quickly.  Not sure how satisfied the main rake earners on the site will be about this
    Posted by OMahonyO
    not happy
  • edited March 2010
    I take it I'm not the only hoping that this ISN'T the "big" announcement about the points then?
    Posted by silentbob
    i think this is the build up to a big kick in the nuts mate! outlook gloomy lol
  • edited March 2010
    I dont really get what the point in the test was... to see if 50+ players would be willing to pay 1000 points for a freeroll deepstack with a prize pool of £100? There is like 2000+ players at a time on sky... obviously 50+ will be willing to play lol. Im thinking sky_bernie just got bored in the office and thought it would be cool to make his own tournament lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    lol
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I thoguht it was the actual tourny format that was being tested? wasnt the blinds longer and less steep? could be totally wrong but thats what i thought
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : I thoguht it was the actual tourny format that was being tested? wasnt the blinds longer and less steep? could be totally wrong but thats what i thought
    Posted by 35suited
    it was a test to see if players would sell 1000points for £2 (witch they paid £100 for).
    in skys eyes the tourney was full so it was a sucsess, if nobody had played it in a weeks time you would of got more value for your 1000 points.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : it was a test to see if players would sell 1000points for £2 (witch they paid £100 for). in skys eyes the tourney was full so it was a sucsess, if nobody had played it in a weeks time you would of got more value for your 1000 points.
    Posted by freechips1
    I agree, surely Sky must realise that the big rake earners are not gonna bother with a £100 f/r, but still want something useful to do with their points.
    I dont know how bothered some of these ppl are, as you are in the minority of ppl who are speaking up about this.  Some pressure and requests from other big rake earners on here wouldnt go amiss imo
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : I agree, surely Sky must realise that the big rake earners are not gonna bother with a £100 f/r, but still want something useful to do with their points. I dont know how bothered some of these ppl are, as you are in the minority of ppl who are speaking up about this.  Some pressure and requests from other big rake earners on here wouldnt go amiss imo
    Posted by OMahonyO

i agrre i think if more players spoke out about this then maybe somethig would be done.
    i am shocked/disapointed that some of the mid/high stakes players have not spoken out.
    all the people who have been with sky from the start (phil12, nutter, gerrard9, bigshann and many others) must also have loads of points, why have these guys said nowt? 
  • edited March 2010
    freechips you should realise the general skill level on sky is lower than the main sites because decent grinders won't play on a site without rakeback or a good substitute reward system because it's not worth it for them. 

25/50+ regs only play here because they think the value of the players outweighs this from experience which is understandable.

This current system is a blessing in disguise which most regs realise I'm pretty sure. 
  • edited March 2010
    Winge - Whinge - Whinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I regularly get cash back for my points every month - so whats your problem? If sky offer me anything for my excess points then I will gladly take it, whether its points to enter a freeroll or points to enter a cash prize tourny.

If you have signed up for cash for points, then you are getting your monies worth, if theres a better deal on the market on another site then by all means, go sign up and stop your whinging.

Quite an apt name for someone who wants something for nothing Freechips.
  • edited March 2010
    Winge - Whinge - Whinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I regularly get cash back for my points every month - so whats your problem? If sky offer me anything for my excess points then I will gladly take it, whether its points to enter a freeroll or points to enter a cash prize tourny. If you have signed up for cash for points, then you are getting your monies worth, if theres a better deal on the market on another site then by all means, go sign up and stop your whinging. Quite an apt name for someone who wants something for nothing Freechips.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Typical .. another Clever Trevor  who hasn't a clue of whats being said !!  

This is something from before your  time here,  get the facts before being Clever Trevor ..The points in question go back 2-3years or more ..Not the points that started 1 year ago ...
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : Typical .. another Clever Trevor  who hasn't a clue of whats being said !!   This is something from before your  time here,  get the facts before being Clever Trevor ..The points in question go back 2-3years or more ..Not the points that started 1 year ago ...
    Posted by bennydip2
    So you accumulated the points in the days of old with no offer on the table - now because you have lots of them and a better offer has been made for future points you feel hard done by - Ahhh I feel so sad for you mr benny. You accepted it at the time so get over it.

My mate bought a tv for £450 but a week later, I got it at half price, does that mean he can get a better deal - I think not.
  • edited March 2010
    Pokertrev mate i cant see your point of view at all mate,not at all.OR are you yet another sky employee.dav
  • edited March 2010
    Winge - Whinge - Whinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I regularly get cash back for my points every month - so whats your problem? If sky offer me anything for my excess points then I will gladly take it, whether its points to enter a freeroll or points to enter a cash prize tourny. If you have signed up for cash for points, then you are getting your monies worth, if theres a better deal on the market on another site then by all means, go sign up and stop your whinging. Quite an apt name for someone who wants something for nothing Freechips.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Just because he doesnt agree with  the points system hardly makes him a whinger. As for telling a higher stakes player to go play on another site,  not in sky's best interest surely.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : So you accumulated the points in the days of old with no offer on the table - now because you have lots of them and a better offer has been made for future points you feel hard done by - Ahhh I feel so sad for you mr benny. You accepted it at the time so get over it. My mate bought a tv for £450 but a week later, I got it at half price, does that mean he can get a better deal - I think not.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Trevor ..Trust me your talking out  of your @s ..You know nothing of this at all ... I personally dont have that many points ,   compared to many here ... I'd like to  say what  I really think of the whole episode however I have received  an email from sky MOD1 telling me ,

Quote />    "I'm afraid if you have to have your posts moderated again you will have the privilege of using the community removed." < UnQuote 

So you keep campaigning for Mr Bernie and Co to sha'ft  the people of this site   glk  ..  we might never speak again   Benny
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : Just because he doesnt agree with  the points system hardly makes him a whinger. As for telling a higher stakes player to go play on another site,  not in sky's best interest surely.
    Posted by MADMOO
    Ok - freechips has already stated in this post that he has been a member of sky poker for less than 12 Months, however, if this is the case then he would have recieved the cash for points offer from the time he signed up for the promotion and therefore should have no complaints. however, I agree that any accumulation of points or excess points whilst this offer is valid should have the same value and I cannot see any reason why they should not or could not be traded in for the same value in cash.

What I do not agree with is points which were accumulation prior to this offer having the same value or a higher value than the existing offer. A £10 gift voucher is only a £10 gift voucher.

I appologise if I cannot explain my point of view any better, but it is my point of view.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, it looks like the end for me now,  Mr Bernie not only didn't like being told the truth here in this thread,  he then got sky mod1 to send me a lovely email, basically saying they have had enough of me here on this forum..

The last line says, (I cant post   all  the email because  that would contravene the rules of SkyPoker)

Quote >  "I'm afraid if you have to have your posts moderated again you will have the privilege of using the community removed". < UnQuote

Looks like this post will be moderated  then,   and I will be proved right,   this forum is not for the players  it's for Sky promotions and marketing ..  glk all .....it's been fun,   guess i'll have to  get ready to  be sent to  the dark place where   'webby' and 'MickJenn1'   have been  condemed  ....byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited March 2010
    Well, it looks like the end for me now,  Mr Bernie not only didn't like being told the truth here in this thread,  he then got sky mod1 to send me a lovely email, basically saying they have had enough of me here on this forum.. The last line says, (I cant post   all  the email because  that would contravene the rules of SkyPoker) Quote />  "I'm afraid if you have to have your posts moderated again you will have the privilege of using the community removed". < UnQuote   Looks like this post will be moderated  then,   and I will be proved right,   this forum is not for the players  it's for Sky promotions and marketing ..  glk all .....it's been fun,   guess i'll have to  get ready to  be sent to  the dark place where   'webby' and 'MickJenn1'   have been  condemed  ....byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Posted by bennydip2
    Then just delete the post
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : Then just delete the post
    Posted by loonytoons
    Why should I loonytoons,  all this thread is about,, is the TRUTH  of a 1000pt tourny for 100 pounds ..  :))
  • edited March 2010
    i agree benny,, of you look at the front page of the forum it says,, a place for everyone to have there say lol,, i think sky are just messing it up for themselves,, other sites offer rakeback and you can cash the points in when you hit certain milestones,,

freechips is a reg and they dont even listen to him,, thats why no other regs say anything,, because its water off a ducks back,,  
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : Why should I loonytoons,  all this thread is about,, is the TRUTH  of a 1000pt tourny for 100 pounds ..  :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    I agree with you, but even in a court of law, rules have to be followed, and its not difficult to delete the 'offending quote' and try another way, i think you will be better off not being banned, and keep up the pressure within the forum, being banned will serve you no purpose at all. Anyway i thought sky_mod1 was your bestest friend lool
  • edited March 2010
    I remember the good old days when there was if memory serves me correctly a £1k freeroll every week im sure i played these and then all of a sudden they stopped......!!!!!! now its just pointless unless your new to the site with no bankroll or just practice. for regular players i dont really see any benefits to people that keep your site running. Other sites even exchange poker points earned for money aswell as the monthly bonus! i know this is relativly smaller site than others but if you wanna get more then show some loyalty to customers and they will show loyalty to you.
  • edited March 2010
    Winge - Whinge - Whinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I regularly get cash back for my points every month - so whats your problem? If sky offer me anything for my excess points then I will gladly take it, whether its points to enter a freeroll or points to enter a cash prize tourny. If you have signed up for cash for points, then you are getting your monies worth, if theres a better deal on the market on another site then by all means, go sign up and stop your whinging. Quite an apt name for someone who wants something for nothing Freechips.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    i am in total shock! i am trying to get a better deal for us (the players) and you come on here and insult me. you have some cheek.

i am having a rough guess now that you normally like to cause trouble and have 5000 points max in your account, am i right? how would you feel if you had +100k in points?

my main beef was after i had been with sky for a short time a thread was started on community suggestions by bigshann.  on this thread i was told something is coming in the near future, i have waited 8/9 months (whilest building up my points) for a £2 seat for 1000 points. so yes i am a bit pis sed off and you then have the cheek to insult me, i think i should stop now.
  • edited March 2010
    Since the announcement of the new Thursday night tournament (which looks quite good), it is clear that this 1000 point free roll was not an experiment to do with points but an experiment to see how long it would take for a deep stacked tournament with 50 people in it to complete to see if this could be shown on TV.

12 mins blinnds capped to 50 and double stack, same as the new tounament. Sky basically made this 1000 points so it would not be an all-in fest like most freerolls.

Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit but if you ask me I would say that this ‘experiment' had nothing to do with finding a solution for poker points.
  • edited March 2010
    Since the announcement of the new Thursday night tournament (which looks quite good), it is clear that this 1000 point free roll was not an experiment to do with points but an experiment to see how long it would take for a deep stacked tournament with 50 people in it to complete to see if this could be shown on TV. 12 mins blinnds capped to 50 and double stack, same as the new tounament. Sky basically made this 1000 points so it would not be an all-in fest like most freerolls. Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit but if you ask me I would say that this ‘experiment' had nothing to do with finding a solution for poker points.
    Posted by AEMF1873

aaaahhhhhhh.  The plot thickens.
  • edited March 2010
    Since the announcement of the new Thursday night tournament (which looks quite good), it is clear that this 1000 point free roll was not an experiment to do with points but an experiment to see how long it would take for a deep stacked tournament with 50 people in it to complete to see if this could be shown on TV. 12 mins blinnds capped to 50 and double stack, same as the new tounament. Sky basically made this 1000 points so it would not be an all-in fest like most freerolls. Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit but if you ask me I would say that this ‘experiment' had nothing to do with finding a solution for poker points.
    Posted by AEMF1873
    I new there where donkeys and fish on sky, now guinea pigs too, lol.
  • edited March 2010
    i think it has been made very clear that sky will not give us anything worth while to do with our hard earned points, the fact bernie has not been back to this thread is very disappointing.
    i have to agree with one thing pokertrev said, the extra points accumulated each month should have the same cash value as the other points used in the cash for points promotion.
    as i previously stated i have hit 20k points this month so no point in me playing as i get no reward from sky.
    i ask all other sky players can we do anything about this? or is it a case of like it or go play somewhere else?
  • edited March 2010

Totally off subject - just a congrats to freechips on the primo win! - Woke up at half 9 got the lobby up and saw u were at the top - so watched your table from 9-30 till the end - completely destroyed the field - was different class.

I thought you had lost the plot at one point mate, the all in squeeze with what - 95 suited with an UTG limper? - I winced when I saw that! But dragged it back easily and smashed the final table to bits. Man against boys. WD sir.

Now ill leave ya to your protest.

DOHH