You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker.

edited May 2011 in Area 51

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1930.00
 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

djblacke04 Raise  60.00 90.00 1940.00
 Fold     
Fold     
 Fold     
 Call  40.00 130.00 1940.00
Flop

Check     
djblacke04 Bet  60.00 190.00 1880.00
 Call  60.00 250.00 1880.00
Turn

Check     
djblacke04 Check     
River

• J

Check     
djblacke04 Check     
 Show

djblacke04 Muck
  • A
  • Q

Win Two Pairs, 7s and 5s 250.00  2130.00
nobietrice Small blind  10.00 10.00 2120.00
djblacke04 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1860.00
  Your hole cards

Fold     
 Call  20.00 50.00 1980.00
Fold     
 Fold     
djblacke04 Check     
Flop

• A
  • K

djblacke04 Check     
 Check     
Turn

• K

djblacke04 Check     
 Check     
River

djblacke04 Check     
 Bet  50.00 100.00 1930.00
djblacke04 Call  50.00 150.00 1810.00
 Show
  • J
  • J

djblacke04 Muck

Win Two Pairs, Kings and Jacks 150.00  2080.00
djblacke04 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1800.00
 Big blind  20.00 30.00 2040.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Fold     
 Call  20.00 50.00 1910.00
Call  20.00 70.00 2100.00
djblacke04 Call  10.00 80.00 1790.00
 Check     
Flop

• J

djblacke04 Check     
 Check     
 Bet  80.00 160.00 1830.00
 Call  80.00 240.00 2020.00
djblacke04 Call  80.00 320.00 1710.00
 Fold     
Turn

djblacke04 Check     
 Check     
 Check     
River

djblacke04 Check     
 Check     
 Check     
djblacke04 Show
  • K
  • K

Show
  • J

Muck

Win Straight to the 9 320.00  2150.00
 Small blind  10.00 10.00 2030.00
 Big blind  20.00 30.00 2060.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Call  20.00 50.00 2130.00
 Call  20.00 70.00 2000.00
djblacke04 Raise  80.00 150.00 1630.00
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Call  60.00 210.00 1940.00
Flop

• Q

Check     
djblacke04 Bet  105.00 315.00 1525.00
 Raise  525.00 840.00 1415.00
djblacke04 All-in  1525.00 2365.00 0.00
 All-in  1415.00 3780.00 0.00
 Unmatched bet  310.00 3470.00 310.00
 Show
  • Q

djblacke04 Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

• K

Win Two Pairs, Queens and 3s 3470.00  3780.00

4 consecutive hands fron 200 bh earlier...

thats right consecutive....

Comments

• edited April 2010

Cringe - shud be an advert to attract people to sky poker!

SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!
  • edited April 2010
    Not seeing the huge problem with your 1st hand. 
  • edited April 2010
    Ok so you went in a race, then behind , played your Kings weak as heck on the third one (which is the reason you lost that hand) and was very unlucky with Aces that you found a guy who got lucky with 2 pair.

1st hand is a race, you can have no complaint here. 2nd hand you have 3's and he' has Jacks??? you should lose and you do, again you can have no complaint about losing with 3's against jacks can you? 3rd hand you lose by Call, Call, Check, Check - You can complain about this but only to yourself.... You found the raise button for AQ so where was it When your sitting on the Cowboys???

Last hand was bad play by them that they then got lucky with -

By The Way.... Who Has Left????
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker.:
    Ok so you went in a race, then behind , played your Kings weak as heck on the third one (which is the reason you lost that hand) and was very unlucky with Aces that you found a guy who got lucky with 2 pair. 1st hand is a race, you can have no complaint here. 2nd hand you have 3's and he' has Jacks??? you should lose and you do, again you can have no complaint about losing with 3's against jacks can you? 3rd hand you lose by Call, Call, Check, Check - You can complain about this but only to yourself.... You found the raise button for AQ so where was it When your sitting on the Cowboys??? Last hand was bad play by them that they then got lucky with - By The Way.... Who Has Left????
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    ok then how come every tournement on here gone from like 22k,12k,6k......then weeknights from 6k down to 3 k.......

look at the odds of getting these hands in a row...

one might get the impression it was making you lose...
  • edited April 2010
    what i cant work out is how you didnt lose more with your kings??

as in why didnt the other guy bet the river with his straight??

maybe you need to be nice to sky rich and he will give you hands like this.............................;)
    donkeyplop Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.93
    LawlyBoi Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.18
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

mrsbeno Fold     
    bestman Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.55
    Barbarossa Fold     
    Russo21 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £1.22
    donkeyplop Raise  £0.06 £0.20 £2.87
    LawlyBoi Call  £0.04 £0.24 £2.14
    bestman Call  £0.04 £0.28 £1.51
    Russo21 Call  £0.04 £0.32 £1.18
    Flop

• A

donkeyplop Bet  £0.32 £0.64 £2.55
    LawlyBoi Call  £0.32 £0.96 £1.82
    bestman Call  £0.32 £1.28 £1.19
    Russo21 Fold     
    Turn

donkeyplop Check     
    LawlyBoi Check     
    bestman Bet  £0.32 £1.60 £0.87
    donkeyplop Call  £0.32 £1.92 £2.23
    LawlyBoi Call  £0.32 £2.24 £1.50
    River

• J

donkeyplop All-in  £2.23 £4.47 £0.00
    LawlyBoi All-in  £1.50 £5.97 £0.00
    bestman All-in  £0.87 £6.84 £0.00
    donkeyplop Unmatched bet  £0.73 £6.11 £0.73
    donkeyplop Show
    • A
    • K

LawlyBoi Show

bestman Show
    • A

donkeyplop Win Flush to the Ace £5.81  £6.54
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : ok then how come every tournement on here gone from like 22k,12k,6k......then weeknights from 6k down to 3 k....... look at the odds of getting these hands in a row... one might get the impression it was making you lose...
    Posted by djblacke04
    Why are the GTD's down??? simples - better weather = less traffic. Also last 2 nights have been CL football which lowers entry
  • edited April 2010

look odds on pocket pair are 16-1

odds on kk are 110 -1
    odds on aa are 220-1

so odds on these three hands alone in succession are 1 in 387,200

thats before we even go into the results....

love to you all
  • edited April 2010
    look odds on pocket pair are 16-1 odds on kk are 110 -1 odds on aa are 220-1 so odds on these three hands alone in succession are 1 in 387,200 thats before we even go into the results.... love to you all
    Posted by djblacke04

Why would you think that you are twice as likely to get KK as AA???

With regard to people leaving, people from Sky Poker have said several times that they have more people joining and playing. From my own figures, last October (when the 200 millionth hand was played) about 260,000 hands a day were played on Sky Poker; currently 285,000 hands a day are played. That's an increase of about 10%.
  • edited April 2010

The reason people leave sky poker, just like ANY of the other poker sites is because :-

When they lose money - they blame everything/everyone else except themselves (thats called human nature), its the software, its playing against donks, its a fix, the list is endless. Apart from three factors we all have an equal chance of winning - 1) the players skill level, 2)the players mental attitude to downswings, and 3) luck
    Its how we adapt our play to the first one, change our mindset to the second one, and how we must realise that no matter how good your hole cards are, your never really that far away from getting beat, thats what players forget, they think if they get QQ,KK,AA,AK they are going to win a pot load of money, but as we know (and if you dont, you had better learn fast) that just isn't the case. 
    The best bit of advice i can give is - always play with the attitude that if you lose your buy in it doesnt matter, if it does, then you are playing beyond your means and thats when losses hurt, and most importantly of all - play for enjoyment, if you aint enjoying it, then dont play.

• edited April 2010
    The reason people leave sky poker, just like ANY of the other poker sites is because :- When they lose money - they blame everything/everyone else except themselves (thats called human nature), its the software, its playing against donks, its a fix, the list is endless. Apart from three factors we all have an equal chance of winning - 1) the players skill level, 2)the players mental attitude to downswings, and 3) luck Its how we adapt our play to the first one, change our mindset to the second one, and how we must realise that no matter how good your hole cards are, your never really that far away from getting beat, thats what players forget, they think if they get QQ,KK,AA,AK they are going to win a pot load of money, but as we know (and if you dont, you had better learn fast) that just isn't the case.  The best bit of advice i can give is - always play with the attitude that if you lose your buy in it doesnt matter, if it does, then you are playing beyond your means and thats when losses hurt, and most importantly of all - play for enjoyment, if you aint enjoying it, then dont play.
    Posted by loonytoons
    +1 like the post loony
  • edited April 2010
    The reason people leave sky poker, just like ANY of the other poker sites is because :- When they lose money - they blame everything/everyone else except themselves (thats called human nature), its the software, its playing against donks, its a fix, the list is endless. Apart from three factors we all have an equal chance of winning - 1) the players skill level, 2)the players mental attitude to downswings, and 3) luck Its how we adapt our play to the first one, change our mindset to the second one, and how we must realise that no matter how good your hole cards are, your never really that far away from getting beat, thats what players forget, they think if they get QQ,KK,AA,AK they are going to win a pot load of money, but as we know (and if you dont, you had better learn fast) that just isn't the case.  The best bit of advice i can give is - always play with the attitude that if you lose your buy in it doesnt matter, if it does, then you are playing beyond your means and thats when losses hurt, and most importantly of all - play for enjoyment, if you aint enjoying it, then dont play.
    Posted by loonytoons
    i have nt said anything about losing,but if you see hands with odds like that all the time,is hard to see how mathmatically ,and your right the odds on kk are 220 tto 1 but i just put 110-1 as the odds of getting kk or better are this...

am not at all bothered about the losing,merely pointing out that 320,000 to 1 shots all day are a bit above the norm....

how many times have you had a pocket pair three hands in a row?

regards
    toby
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    pS

looney  how come access to this users statistics have been disabled?

• edited April 2010

If you get 7-2 off suit....then you get pocket 8's - then you get dealt 9-10, hen you get ace 3, followed by 5,9 off

What r the odds of that happening???

320,000/1 shots are happening all day every day on every table.
  • edited April 2010
    If you get 7-2 off suit....then you get pocket 8's - then you get dealt 9-10, hen you get ace 3, followed by 5,9 off What r the odds of that happening??? 320,000/1 shots are happening all day every day on every table.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Spot on.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : pS looney  how come access to this users statistics have been disabled?
    Posted by djblacke04
    Ha Ha - you been trying to check up on me with sharkscope have ya?? What was ya gonna do, try and tell me how bad i am ? lool, you have to get up very early to get one over  me lool. On a serious note, the reason you cannot access any information on me is because i'm in the PIA, that's the poker intelligence agency, like the CIA, but deeper undercover, i could tell you more but then i'd have to kill you, oh and dont bother trying to trace the name loonytoons with any government agency, its not my real name.
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    spot on, thats why i take a couple days off when things don`t go  too well so i don`t get too peeved and chase any loses that may have occured also come back fresher
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : Ha Ha - you been trying to check up on me with sharkscope have ya?? What was ya gonna do, try and tell me how bad i am ? lool, you have to get up very early to get one over  me lool. On a serious note, the reason you cannot access any information on me is because i'm in the PIA, that's the poker intelligence agency, like the CIA, but deeper undercover, i could tell you more but then i'd have to kill you, oh and dont bother trying to trace the name loonytoons with any government agency, its not my real name.
    Posted by loonytoons
    You are such a liar Loony, PIA Pfft, we all know you have just escaped from the Lonytoons asylum, thats why you are not in the system lol.
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Toby , yes it is unusual to get pocket pairs three hands in a row but thats poker . But I have to be critical of the way you played the hands.
    With the AQ your bet of 60 after the flop into a 130 pot was so weak it said nothing and invited a flat call.particularly as he had checked to you. A cbet has to be close to potsize to be effective. Then you gave the pot up by checking.

With the 33 you made no attempt to win the pot, so you cant be surprised that you didnt.

The KK, by simply calling from the small blind it showed you were happy to play the hand against 3 opponents, any ace on the flop and you were out of there anyway. When the flop came up with 2 clubs (and the 7 5) you faced a minimum bet and flat call, which showed that both were likely to be on draws. Surely you need to protect your hand there with a substantial raise ? After the turn the damage was done as you could obviously see the danger, but you still let it be checked down without asking the question, so he hit on the river for free.

With the AA you made a reasonable raise preflop,and were perhaps unlucky not to take it down there and then. Your cbet was again on the low side but was enough to ask the question. Then you ignored the answer given by his proper reraise and shoved ! I suppose excuseable because it was a BH.

Tony
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : can we frame this post please , wd m8y ! its so so simple to make money from poker , conquer what's highlighted above ! p.s trace me if you like !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Show off!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : can we frame this post please , wd m8y ! its so so simple to make money from poker , conquer what's highlighted above ! p.s trace me if you like !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Great summing up there by loony and not all players recognise this.BTW i would try and track ya down IRISH but i doubt RAVER would approve.lol dav.....ina
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Toby , yes it is unusual to get pocket pairs three hands in a row but thats poker . But I have to be critical of the way you played the hands. With the AQ your bet of 60 after the flop into a 130 pot was so weak it said nothing and invited a flat call.particularly as he had checked to you. A cbet has to be close to potsize to be effective. Then you gave the pot up by checking. With the 33 you made no attempt to win the pot, so you cant be surprised that you didnt. The KK, by simply calling from the small blind it showed you were happy to play the hand against 3 opponents, any ace on the flop and you were out of there anyway. When the flop came up with 2 clubs (and the 7 5) you faced a minimum bet and flat call, which showed that both were likely to be on draws. Surely you need to protect your hand there with a substantial raise ? After the turn the damage was done as you could obviously see the danger, but you still let it be checked down without asking the question, so he hit on the river for free. With the AA you made a reasonable raise preflop,and were perhaps unlucky not to take it down there and then. Your cbet was again on the low side but was enough to ask the question. Then you ignored the answer given by his proper reraise and shoved ! I suppose excuseable because it was a BH. Tony
    Posted by penguin7
    tony,

you are correct in all that you said,but i was looking at this scientifically and wanted to see the results,on a normal day i would have raised with the kk,but i chose to see the hand playout.....if you had been at the table,you would have seen why......and yes also the aa was  bad call,not one i would have normally made,but i wanted to see if the cards would have followed the ealier pattern and the only way to do that was call....and normally anyone with AA i call with two pairs on the flop usually wins with pair
     being drawn on turn and river....ie k k  ....lol...

thanks.....

good luck at vegas......

toby
  • edited April 2010
    If you get 7-2 off suit....then you get pocket 8's - then you get dealt 9-10, hen you get ace 3, followed by 5,9 off What r the odds of that happening??? 320,000/1 shots are happening all day every day on every table.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    good idea......but sadly lacking mathmatical knowhow.....

regards toby

ps are you off school at the moment?
  • edited April 2010
    dude... just play better and stop getting your knickers in a twist oh frustrated/angry/tilted one :)
  • edited April 2010
    dude... just play better and stop getting your knickers in a twist oh frustrated/angry/tilted one :)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    keep telling u peeps.....am not...this is area 51 is it not?  can say my thoughts freely as is my right...am not calling anyone anything or being at all derogatory in any way...

lol  :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : keep telling u peeps.....am not...this is area 51 is it not?  can say my thoughts freely as is my right...am not calling anyone anything or being at all derogatory in any way... lol  :)
    Posted by djblacke04
    lol soz couldn't resist... but seriously, the thing is... you played them hands bad ok? Or do you think you played them well? Focus on that side of the game and not silly lil things like losing lol.
  • edited April 2010
    I sincerely hope this is a joke thread, otherwise it's actually quite disturbing how 'simple' your comments are
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : lol soz couldn't resist... but seriously, the thing is... you played them hands bad ok? Or do you think you played them well? Focus on that side of the game and not silly lil things like losing lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    as i say to you b4, is not about the way they were played....

regards
    toby
  • edited April 2010

another classic...
    djblacke04 Small blind  150.00 150.00 4452.50
    mrpoate3 Big blind  300.00 450.00 9765.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

ruthy123 Call  300.00 750.00 3245.00
    Maharajah Fold     
    oldyellah Fold     
    djblacke04 Call  150.00 900.00 4302.50
    mrpoate3 Check     
    Flop

• A

djblacke04 Check     
    mrpoate3 Check     
    ruthy123 Bet  675.00 1575.00 2570.00
    djblacke04 Call  675.00 2250.00 3627.50
    mrpoate3 Raise  2400.00 4650.00 7365.00
    ruthy123 All-in  2570.00 7220.00 0.00
    djblacke04 All-in  3627.50 10847.50 0.00
    mrpoate3 Call  1902.50 12750.00 5462.50
    djblacke04 Show
    • J

mrpoate3 Show
    • A

ruthy123 Show

Turn

River

mrpoate3 Win Full House, 8s and Aces 12750.00  18212.50
  • edited April 2010
    or even this one on the bubble for the ds semi....
    djblacke04 Small blind  150.00 150.00 5380.00
    tempusfuge Big blind  300.00 450.00 9470.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

wrighty92 Fold     
    liverpool Fold     
    dave1945 Raise  900.00 1350.00 5105.00
    djblacke04 All-in  5380.00 6730.00 0.00
    tempusfuge Fold     
    dave1945 Call  4630.00 11360.00 475.00
    djblacke04 Show
    • Q
    • Q

dave1945 Show

Flop

• Q
    • K

Turn

River

• A

dave1945 Win Flush to the Ace 11360.00  11835.00
  • edited April 2010
    Are you also keeping records and posting the hands that hold up?

The mind is a funny thing and only ever seems to remember when we lose and not the hands we win. Concentrate on playing your hands correctly, you will still get outdrawn, it's a Mathematical certainty that this will happen, but in the long run this will be out weighed by the times your hand will hold up against inferior holdings (played correctly and not allowing 4 people to see the flop, turn & river to get lucky).

Your "Test" is very one sided if your looking at this scientifically, where are the hands that you have won with? unless you haven't won a hand since this thread started?

These threads always hint at the same "It's Rigged" type statement (and before you mount your high horse i know you haven't come out and said that but honestly what else could this be getting at?), And I always ask the same question of those that post them................WHY?

Why would sky risk reputation and a perfectly well running business to be caught up in a betting scandal. This would tarnish the entire companies reputation, cost them God knows how much in revenue, force their players to find alternative sites and all for............ Nothing....... Does that sound sane to you?

If you personally win or lose a hand it makes no difference to sky, rake is rake and they make the same amount of money if you win as they do if your oppo wins. Where is the benefit?

Crimes have a common theme in them which tends to be MOTIVE - No Motive, No Point, No Crime - SIMPLES :)