You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker.:
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : Hmmm good money u say... lol..
    Posted by djblacke04
    Care to explain this???

People who know me know I make very good money on here for the part time basis I'm able to play.

Thanks for making me post in Area 51 *sigh*
  • edited May 2010
    Be careful what you fish for. 

Plonker
  • edited May 2010
    Phil12uk is a luckbox, plain and simple. Time after time he hits with just the right cards at the right time. How else can you explain it? ........ He's fishier than any fishy thing known to man.

• edited May 2010
    Phil12uk is a luckbox, plain and simple. Time after time he hits with just the right cards at the right time. How else can you explain it? ........ He's fishier than any fishy thing known to man.
    Posted by elsadog
    Fishier than trout stuffed with anchovies on a bed of hake served with a salmon pate side-dish?
  • edited May 2010

Much, much fishier. And as far as luck goes, well ......... he's a Teacher, need I say more? He says he only plays part-time but we all know he gets at least 46 weeks holiday a year.

I've heard he honed his poker skills by taking tuck money off the children at school ....allegedly!
  • edited May 2010
    Much, much fishier. And as far as luck goes, well ......... he's a Teacher, need I say more? He says he only plays part-time but we all know he gets at least 46 weeks holiday a year. I've heard he honed his poker skills by taking tuck money off the children at school ....allegedly!
    Posted by elsadog
    Alledgedly? no i have absolute proof it is true.
  • edited May 2010
    Soooooooooo bitter and deluded ;)

Just cos I control the 'doomswitch' to deal cards in my favour doesn't mean I'm fishier than a fishy fish fish.
  • edited May 2010
    Good to see that the Community are finally beginning to understand what sort of player you really are, Phillip.

And you call me a cardrack, pfft!
  • edited May 2010
    I don't understand where this cardrack / luckbox notion comes from!?! This is last nights sleepstack......
    robc Small blind  200.00 200.00 1830.00
    FlashFlush Big blind  400.00 600.00 11710.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

Cardbeater Fold     
    Tikay10 Fold     
    unbpower Raise  1200.00 1800.00 3345.00
    Scottmcd40 Fold     
    MADMOO Fold     
    BAD4U Fold     
    phil12uk All-in  3075.00 4875.00 0.00
    robc Fold     
    FlashFlush Fold     
    unbpower Call  1875.00 6750.00 1470.00
    unbpower Show

phil12uk Show
    • Q
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

River

• Q

phil12uk Win Flush to the Ace 6750.00  6750.00
  • edited May 2010
    I submit the following hand from a previous Sleepstack into evidence as exhibit 126a:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    timbrell12 Big blind   200.00 200.00 2187.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

elsadog Fold        
    phil12uk Call   200.00 400.00 4930.00
    ChirpyChip Fold        
    SHY-BOY Fold        
    rats107 Fold        
    MereNovice Raise   800.00 1200.00 12142.50
    timbrell12 Fold        
    phil12uk All-in   4930.00 6130.00 0.00
    MereNovice Call   4330.00 10460.00 7812.50
    phil12uk Show

MereNovice Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

phil12uk Win Straight to the 8 10460.00   10460.00
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : Care to explain this??? People who know me know I make very good money on here for the part time basis I'm able to play. Thanks for making me post in Area 51 *sigh*
    Posted by phil12uk
    It depends what u call good money,your right as a part time hobby,it does give you some cash,but you could nt make a living from it? in fact i seem to remember a time when you were ill,and all you could do was play poker,you played the highest sngs,and as much as you could,and still would not have made enough to cover bills for three months...

in fact even the biggest players on here cannot make close to what a teacher would earn in a year....

so if i was gambling between 500/1000 pounds a day, i would want a better ROI......

regards
    toby
  • edited May 2010
    Phil, you play so bad and run so good it's disgusting.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : It depends what u call good money,your right as a part time hobby,it does give you some cash,but you could nt make a living from it? in fact i seem to remember a time when you were ill,and all you could do was play poker,you played the highest sngs,and as much as you could,and still would not have made enough to cover bills for three months... in fact even the biggest players on here cannot make close to what a teacher would earn in a year.... so if i was gambling between 500/1000 pounds a day, i would want a better ROI...... regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    Point 1. Full time players don't play SNG's on here for a living but it is possible and indeed many people do play SNG and earn a decent income from them (on other sites and generally HU high stakes etc)

Point 2. Your Wrong - people Like LJamesL Lolufold etc earn more than your average teacher. I don't remember any of my teachers driving a Porcshe lol
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : It depends what u call good money,your right as a part time hobby,it does give you some cash,but you could nt make a living from it? in fact i seem to remember a time when you were ill,and all you could do was play poker,you played the highest sngs,and as much as you could,and still would not have made enough to cover bills for three months... in fact even the biggest players on here cannot make close to what a teacher would earn in a year.... so if i was gambling between 500/1000 pounds a day, i would want a better ROI...... regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    I wont tell you the figure that Phil has told me he has made on here thats for him to say if he wishes to, but for a part time player its " Good Money" which is the term i used on my first post. I could name a dozen other players that are profit making players on here. You use the words "some cash" well if that cash has paid for holidays and laptops thats good enough for me and i would imagine many others on this sick bad beat site full of fish.
  • edited May 2010
    Forget about ROI, its all about £££££. As a tourny player I may not have a good cash for a while and then have to play more to maintain an income, which has a negative effect on ROI.

It is a recognised fact that only 5% of poker players make a profit, and among that 5% on Sky are many making an income equivalent to that of a teacher after tax. I am sure that Phil would make even more if he gave up teaching and played poker full time, but as a family man its hard to give up the security of a proper job.

Also playing poker full time can become unsatisfying, and personally I am lucky to have a job where I can take complete breaks from the game. It also means that I dont have to rely on the poker gods to pay my mortgage and can use my winnings to build a bankroll to move up to the next level.

• edited May 2010

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...

have u ever heard the phrase there is none so blind as those who cannot see..

anyway i play else where ,now..with real cards...and the difference is amazing...

will see you there one day,

regards
    toby
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by djblacke04
    I can relate to that 100%....I am a teacher myself....advertising locally, offering special rates to unemployed under 25`s who want to learn to speak Urdu. Business is a bit slow at the minute though....so £1 Omaha DYM`s are my level until it picks up a bit :0(
  • edited May 2010
    I got control of the doomswitch again..............luckbox pfft ;)
    dantb10 Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £205.95
    GAZZAKQ Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £67.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

phil12uk Raise  £8.00 £11.00 £183.00
    UL Call  £8.00 £19.00 £179.25
    sweetbear Fold     
    dantb10 Fold     
    GAZZAKQ Fold     
    Flop

• J

phil12uk Bet  £9.50 £28.50 £173.50
    ULRaise  £28.50 £57.00 £150.75
    phil12uk Raise  £44.00 £101.00 £129.50
    UL Call  £25.00 £126.00 £125.75
    Turn

phil12uk All-in  £129.50 £255.50 £0.00
    UL All-in  £125.75 £381.25 £0.00
    phil12uk Unmatched bet  £3.75 £377.50 £3.75
    phil12uk Show
    • A

ULShow

River

• Q

phil12uk Win Flush to the Ace £375.70  £379.45
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : Point 1. Full time players don't play SNG's on here for a living but it is possible and indeed many people do play SNG and earn a decent income from them (on other sites and generally HU high stakes etc) Point 2. Your Wrong - people Like LJamesL Lolufold etc earn more than your average teacher. I don't remember any of my teachers driving a Porcshe lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    HMMM i think you will find he drives a porsche as he came 2nd in gala uk open.
    and have nt seen much of any of these big hitters for a while...
  • edited May 2010
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH... have u ever heard the phrase there is none so blind as those who cannot see.. anyway i play else where ,now..with real cards...and the difference is amazing... will see you there one day, regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
     LOL... just LOL ... please read ur post again and again until you realise you are the 1 that cannot see.
    As for playing with "Real cards" Well thats just gone from lol to LMAO.....

I have quite a few friends that don't work and live off poker winnings, and I am very jelous of their lifestyle and what they can afford compared to myself.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : HMMM i think you will find he drives a porsche as he came 2nd in gala uk open. and have nt seen much of any of these big hitters for a while...
    Posted by djblacke04
     He had his porsche before that win. I am friends with James and he has told me before the region of what he earns. I will obviously not mention it because thats wrong, but like I said above, im very jelous.
  • edited June 2010
    Sky poker is now become my second site!! I am sick of the bad beats, always on the river its getting beyond a joke.

On two other sites i play, i regually get very deep in tournaments with a lot more registered players, was only last saturday i cashed in 31st place out of 9,782 players. on the same site last night 979players and i cashed in 14th place with entry to a main event. Yet at sky i dont play any different and keep getting these bad beats, i dont even give my opponent/s the odds to call but they do.

The abuse i get on this site is unreal, yet when i have ago back or post on the forum about it i get warned or even restricted from sky.

This site in a very short time has forgotten about the small stake players, they haven 't even got the decency to reply to a very good post re- league format (not by me).

I know we all get bad beats and what goes around,comes around!! so how long would you let it ride, i think 1 month is long enough. I will now only play the freerolls till my poker points have gone and a few very selective games.

Then its Hello!! Party poker

I can hear you all now "thank f##k the scousers gone. LMAO

ANYWAY GOODLUCK ALL YOU MUPPETS.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : HMMM i think you will find he drives a porsche as he came 2nd in gala uk open. and have nt seen much of any of these big hitters for a while...
    Posted by djblacke04
    Hmmm........... I think you'll find you're wrong but feel free to continue on with your assumtions :)
  • edited June 2010
    There are a number of different parts to this thread and I'll take them one at a time.

1. Do some players make a GOOD living at online poker?

Some players certainly make a very good living at online poker. The problem occurs when they try to maintain the profits over an extended period of say 5 years. The demands that online poker makes are not at first obvious, but to continue to play the right game and keep up with the changes in the game over a long period is very difficult. I've seen very good players make a lot of money for a period, only to burn-out after a number of years. I myself made far more than any headmaster, let alone teacher, makes in a year. I had a period of two years where I was totally in the groove and it was a very profitable period for me. Many of the players I played with in the early days of online poker have bitten the dust despite being very talented. I'm still hanging-in because I have never had to rely on poker for a living, and I've really only played on a part time basis. Age has a lot to do with it as do commitments. The toll poker takes when played every day for up to 12 hours can be better sustained by folk younger than me, but it eventually gets everyone. If like me, you can play poker as an add-on to your income, then it takes less out of you.

2. Is poker rigged against any player/players?

No, it just appears to be sometimes. When it seems that way then it's time for a rest from the game. For any number of players, no matter how small, to make a living at poker shoots that argument down. The fact is that 95% of players don't make a profit over an extended period. Of the 5% who do, the amounts vary from a small profit to figures in the hundreds of thousands per year. The pyramid effect plus the rake ensure that the money ends up at the top of the game, and it all comes from those at the bottom. It doesn't need to be fixed for that to happen, it just does.

3. Is Phil12uk a luckbox?

Absolutely!

(And he is doing it the right way IMO. Having a regular income and enjoying your poker and making a profit is the best of all worlds).
  • edited June 2010
    i have never seen as many bad beats on any other sites as much as there is on sky :)
  • edited June 2010
    i have never seen as many bad beats on any other sites as much as there is on sky :)
    Posted by murray69
    SOME might say (that's SOME and not necessarily me) that due to the nature of client that sky attracts I.E lots of novice players, (introduced to the site & game by the TV channel) then bad beats are going to happen here more often. Novice players will put their money in more often when they have the worst of it. As such the only way to win when you've gone in behind is to suck out, and as people are in behind more often then bad beats would naturally occur more often.

I however would say that this is all clap trap and people see what they want to see, on a bad run people will claim that the site gives out too many bad beats and on a good run they will take the credit for the skills they have displayed to win all that moolah (conveniently forgetting that they have sucked out themselves along the way) :)
  • edited June 2010
    Who audits skypoker.com ?

and

How is the random number generator seeded, please ?

Many thanks :-)
  • edited June 2010
    Who audits skypoker.com ? and How is the random number generator seeded, please ? Many thanks :-)
    Posted by LiteOn

See here for some information.

I doubt that you will find out details of how the RNG is seeded but, if you ever do, I'd be fascinated to know.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : See here for some information. I doubt that you will find out details of how the RNG is seeded but, if you ever do, I'd be fascinated to know.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hmmmmmmmmm . . .
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : Hmmmmmmmmm . . .
    Posted by LiteOn
    ????????????