You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker.:
    Are you also keeping records and posting the hands that hold up? The mind is a funny thing and only ever seems to remember when we lose and not the hands we win. Concentrate on playing your hands correctly, you will still get outdrawn, it's a Mathematical certainty that this will happen, but in the long run this will be out weighed by the times your hand will hold up against inferior holdings (played correctly and not allowing 4 people to see the flop, turn & river to get lucky). Your "Test" is very one sided if your looking at this scientifically, where are the hands that you have won with? unless you haven't won a hand since this thread started? These threads always hint at the same "It's Rigged" type statement (and before you mount your high horse i know you haven't come out and said that but honestly what else could this be getting at?), And I always ask the same question of those that post them................WHY? Why would sky risk reputation and a perfectly well running business to be caught up in a betting scandal. This would tarnish the entire companies reputation, cost them God knows how much in revenue, force their players to find alternative sites and all for............ Nothing....... Does that sound sane to you? If you personally win or lose a hand it makes no difference to sky, rake is rake and they make the same amount of money if you win as they do if your oppo wins. Where is the benefit? Crimes have a common theme in them which tends to be MOTIVE - No Motive, No Point, No Crime - SIMPLES :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    running 8s is 400-1   post flop qq v 66 is 96% me 4 % him...

and i have not said once its rigged,just pointing out the odds ...and if i had hands that held up at the most important of times i would post them as well..its just how at the bubble or when the significant money starts,miraculous outdraws occur...

regards
    toby
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : running 8s is 400-1   post flop qq v 66 is 96% me 4 % him... and i have not said once its rigged,just pointing out the odds ...and if i had hands that held up at the most important of times i would post them as well..its just how at the bubble or when the significant money starts,miraculous outdraws occur... regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    Just pointing out the odds????? so this is an infomative thread of what the odds are in different situations then is it?? silly me i had thought this was a thread claiming that what had happened shouldn't of because the odds were in your favour. If you are not pointing this thread toward the "This is rigged because the maths says i should win 96 out of 100" then what exactly is the thread about. Either you think it's not all above board and thats why your hands didn't hold up ORRRRRR.... you think it's all completely above board and the laws of chance and variance will somtimes work in mysterious ways

96% fav yes - now look at it this way you are GTD to lose 4 in 100. Odds in your favour defo, but they are odds. The longshot will always be successful sometimes, same as in horses, football or whatever there is no dead cert just things that are more likely to happen.

If your looking at this scientifically then i presume your recording all this. How many hands have you played in order to give the examples that you have?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : running 8s is 400-1   post flop qq v 66 is 96% me 4 % him... and i have not said once its rigged,just pointing out the odds ...and if i had hands that held up at the most important of times i would post them as well..its just how at the bubble or when the significant money starts,miraculous outdraws occur... regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    With regard to this statement, it happens all the time and NOT just on here. Are you telling me you have NEVER hit runner runner to house up?, i've done it live, done it , here and done it on other sites. It's a nice longshot to quote but you have to see that the shear volume of hands you play online is huge which means we see the unlikely more often as we are seeing far more hands than would be the norm.

Old pros like doyle brunson etc have stated that the internet has revolutionised poker due to volume. The lessons they learned from 20 years live play could now be learnt in 12 months due to the internet. Along with this will come the perception that outdraws happen more often, in truth it's just like playing live turbo charged
  • edited April 2010
    Ok so you went in a race, then behind , played your Kings weak as heck on the third one (which is the reason you lost that hand) and was very unlucky with Aces that you found a guy who got lucky with 2 pair. 1st hand is a race, you can have no complaint here. 2nd hand you have 3's and he' has Jacks??? you should lose and you do, again you can have no complaint about losing with 3's against jacks can you? 3rd hand you lose by Call, Call, Check, Check - You can complain about this but only to yourself.... You found the raise button for AQ so where was it When your sitting on the Cowboys??? Last hand was bad play by them that they then got lucky with - By The Way.... Who Has Left????
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    iv been away a while, comes back to see skys poker softwers worse than ever. wat a complete joke of a site this realy is. and the same old bunch of sky brown noses playing and wacking eachother off in the forums sucking up to super sky rich who by the way could smoke a cigar in the rain without getting it wet. spit of phill thompson. about 4000 sky members. 3000 of them ghost players.. 800 real players who cant play for ---t, and 200 sat on ther a-ses in offices pushin pens pressin buttons on pcs. still the same old sky. bleeding people dry.. sad very sad.how long this post last. jokers.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : Ha Ha - you been trying to check up on me with sharkscope have ya?? What was ya gonna do, try and tell me how bad i am ? lool, you have to get up very early to get one over  me lool. On a serious note, the reason you cannot access any information on me is because i'm in the PIA, that's the poker intelligence agency, like the CIA, but deeper undercover, i could tell you more but then i'd have to kill you, oh and dont bother trying to trace the name loonytoons with any government agency, its not my real name.
    Posted by loonytoons
    PIA. WATS THAT.. a pure iritable a-se hole.
  • edited April 2010
    dude... just play better and stop getting your knickers in a twist oh frustrated/angry/tilted one :)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    sad. u all need to get out of the poker house and get some sort of life. sky poker is taking over yr lives u sad pack of poker freaks.wats that gaga song, pa pa pa poker freaks pa pa poker freaks
  • edited April 2010
    The reason people leave sky poker, just like ANY of the other poker sites is because :- When they lose money - they blame everything/everyone else except themselves (thats called human nature), its the software, its playing against donks, its a fix, the list is endless. Apart from three factors we all have an equal chance of winning - 1) the players skill level, 2)the players mental attitude to downswings, and 3) luck Its how we adapt our play to the first one, change our mindset to the second one, and how we must realise that no matter how good your hole cards are, your never really that far away from getting beat, thats what players forget, they think if they get QQ,KK,AA,AK they are going to win a pot load of money, but as we know (and if you dont, you had better learn fast) that just isn't the case.  The best bit of advice i can give is - always play with the attitude that if you lose your buy in it doesnt matter, if it does, then you are playing beyond your means and thats when losses hurt, and most importantly of all - play for enjoyment, if you aint enjoying it, then dont play.
    Posted by loonytoons
    loonytoons,, u surely have never had a woman. u r a complete p r i c k, sad little poker freak. now get me off this community so i dont av 2 read ben der postes like yours. wat a clown!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    ok we will conduct this scientifically and every bubble hand i win or lose will be posted...then we can correlate the results ,thus providing a true representation of the game...

regards
    toby
  • edited April 2010

ok so i played one tournement tonight......

and this was the hand that made me second...

great game....lucky Tikay wp sir....
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Tikay10 Small blind  500.00 500.00 26190.00
    djblacke04 Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 2310.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q
    • Q

Tikay10 Call  500.00 2000.00 25690.00
    djblacke04 Check     
    Flop

• Q
    • K

djblacke04 Check     
    Tikay10 Bet  2000.00 4000.00 23690.00
    djblacke04 All-in  2310.00 6310.00 0.00
    Tikay10 Call  310.00 6620.00 23380.00
    Tikay10 Show
    • J
    • K

djblacke04 Show
    • K
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

River

Tikay10 Win Straight to the King 6620.00  30000.00
  • edited April 2010

Do you ever paste your wins by getting very lucky? oh ok just your losses. as you know its poker and happens frequently..LIVE IN LUTON THIS SUNDAY I HAVE kk FLOPS K28.. i check seat 4 goes all in with QQ he gets Q Q turn and river..

THAT HURT BUTS ITS POKER.

• edited April 2010

just LOL! ive never bothered to look at this part of the forum! just stuck to the general poker chat and the poker strategy sections! but this is quality stuff! seriously djblake reading through the thread you seem a nice decent chap but please please dont blame software for how you lost these hands! ive never seen pocket kings played so badly! seriously mate not good! i know your tryin to show these hands to suggest something along the lines of 'what are the chances of bein dealt these hole cards in a row? its sky fixin it blah blah blah' well i dont know the odds, dont care either but i can tell you this as FACT - i play a live game monthly with my mates normally around 7-8 of us and in one game in 5 back to back hands i got dealt QQ, 99, QQ, AK, AA! i will also point out that i 100% seem to suffer more bad beats playin live than i do playin online! so all this bs that skypoker is rigged just makes me laugh! - why would sky fix it? what difference does it make to them who wins or loses a hand?? anyway sorry i know u have said nothin about badbeats but just wanted to get my 2p worth in whilst im here in area 51! infact i better get out of ere pretty sharpish ive heard bad things about this place! goodluck anyway sir but i would suggest lookin at your own game and improving it rather than spending time on ere blamin the software! all the best, nothin personal - Andy

• edited April 2010
    just LOL! ive never bothered to look at this part of the forum! just stuck to the general poker chat and the poker strategy sections! but this is quality stuff! seriously djblake reading through the thread you seem a nice decent chap but please please dont blame software for how you lost these hands! ive never seen pocket kings played so badly! seriously mate not good! i know your tryin to show these hands to suggest something along the lines of 'what are the chances of bein dealt these hole cards in a row? its sky fixin it blah blah blah' well i dont know the odds, dont care either but i can tell you this as FACT - i play a live game monthly with my mates normally around 7-8 of us and in one game in 5 back to back hands i got dealt QQ, 99, QQ, AK, AA! i will also point out that i 100% seem to suffer more bad beats playin live than i do playin online! so all this bs that skypoker is rigged just makes me laugh! - why would sky fix it? what difference does it make to them who wins or loses a hand?? anyway sorry i know u have said nothin about badbeats but just wanted to get my 2p worth in whilst im here in area 51! infact i better get out of ere pretty sharpish ive heard bad things about this place! goodluck anyway sir but i would suggest lookin at your own game and improving it rather than spending time on ere blamin the software! all the best, nothin personal - Andy
    Posted by Eagle26

why does everyone think im complaining....

i am not , the post says the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker......

am not moaning about bad beats,just pointing out the fact that these sort of outdraws upset people...and as i have said before this is not a moaning ,whine about bad beats....merely an observation of things that upset people..

regards
    toby
  • edited April 2010
    COVCHRIS Small blind  400.00 400.00 3105.00
    gingerjohn Big blind  800.00 1200.00 8360.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

POTRIPPER Fold     
    meatO Fold     
    MAXALLY Raise  2825.00 4025.00 2002.52
    rerouter Call  2825.00 6850.00 36895.00
    COVCHRIS Fold     
    gingerjohn Fold     
    Flop

MAXALLY All-in  2002.52 8852.52 0.00
    rerouter Call  2002.52 10855.04 34892.48
    MAXALLY Show
    • A
    • A

rerouter Show
    • Q

Turn

• J

River

rerouter Win Straight to the Queen 10855.04  45747.52
  • edited April 2010

^^^^^^ The above happened on the bubble of a B/H tournament. PLEASE NOTE that this IS NOT a bad beat whinge or it would be in the GENERAL POKER CHAT with the rest of them. It is just an understanding of where the OP (Toby) is coming from.  ^^^^^^^^

So please can all you 'experts' on here refrain from the lecture, thank you.

(Just showing you some support DJ for this thread)
  • edited April 2010

And then in my next tourney......a Vegas sat.......BUBBLE HAND AGAIN :(
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MAXALLY Small blind  300.00 300.00 2412.50
    emaline Big blind  600.00 900.00 8700.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

drvod1968 Fold     
    MAXALLY All-in  2412.50 3312.50 0.00
    emaline Call  2112.50 5425.00 6587.50
    MAXALLY Show
    • A

emaline Show

Flop

• J

Turn

River

emaline Win Flush to the Jack 5425.00  12012.50
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : why does everyone think im complaining.... i am not , the post says the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker...... am not moaning about bad beats,just pointing out the fact that these sort of outdraws upset people...and as i have said before this is not a moaning ,whine about bad beats....merely an observation of things that upset people.. regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    Seriously, if anyone really gets that upset by outdraws then they really need to find a new game to play. It happens & it can be frustrating BUT it's all part & parcel of the game I'm afraid.
  • edited April 2010
    I JUST SO LOVE AREA 51 LOL dav
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : why does everyone think im complaining.... i am not , the post says the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker...... am not moaning about bad beats,just pointing out the fact that these sort of outdraws upset people...and as i have said before this is not a moaning ,whine about bad beats....merely an observation of things that upset people.. regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    why is this thread not entitled 'the reason people get annoyed and stop playing poker' as in... people get annoyed by bad beats, can't handle it and decide not to play poker anymore, rather than suggesting that they stop playing sky poker because of bad beats and play somewhere else... thereby suggesting that sky poker is the cause of bad beats... dont be silly!!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : why is this thread not entitled 'the reason people get annoyed and stop playing poker' as in... people get annoyed by bad beats, can't handle it and decide not to play poker anymore, rather than suggesting that they stop playing sky poker because of bad beats and play somewhere else... thereby suggesting that sky poker is the cause of bad beats... dont be silly!!!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    splitting hairs now eh fish!!!...
    love it

toby
  • edited April 2010
    he is not splittin hairs, what he is sayin is absolutly correct! your thread is not about poker in general its obviously about sky's software!
  • edited April 2010
    he is not splittin hairs, what he is sayin is absolutly correct! your thread is not about poker in general its obviously about sky's software!
    Posted by Eagle26
    for goodness sake,this is area 51 , and if i or anyone else wants to vent a few hands,that they feel,make them want to go away for a bit....or indeed play less, then they can post them here, i dont want anyone saying how bad they played the hand or any other such irrelevent posts....

there seems to be more posts in area 51 than any other catagory, so  there must be a few people who would like to share some hands....and vent their frustrations,me included...i get sick and tired of the nearly making it.....or being the bubble....

regards
    toby
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the reason people get annoyed and leave sky poker. : for goodness sake,this is area 51 , and if i or anyone else wants to vent a few hands,that they feel,make them want to go away for a bit....or indeed play less, then they can post them here, i dont want anyone saying how bad they played the hand or any other such irrelevent posts.... there seems to be more posts in area 51 than any other catagory, so  there must be a few people who would like to share some hands....and vent their frustrations,me included...i get sick and tired of the nearly making it.....or being the bubble.... regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    the way i look at it is you cant change the cards that turn over when all the money goes in, but you can change how you play... so surely it would be more beneficial to concentrate on where you could play a hand better than get hung up on losing.
  • edited April 2010
    im not,i play my one game a night and watch the comedy unfold...:)
  • edited April 2010

tonight s cracker
    guernsey29 Small blind  15.00 15.00 5476.25
    HENSEY Big blind  30.00 45.00 3872.50
      Your hole cards

djblacke04 Call  30.00 75.00 252.50
    county Call  30.00 105.00 428.75
    siboys08 Call  30.00 135.00 3725.00
    guernsey29 Call  15.00 150.00 5461.25
    HENSEY Raise  120.00 270.00 3752.50
    djblacke04 Call  120.00 390.00 132.50
    county Call  120.00 510.00 308.75
    siboys08 Call  120.00 630.00 3605.00
    guernsey29 Call  120.00 750.00 5341.25
    Flop

guernsey29 Check     
    HENSEY Check     
    djblacke04 All-in  132.50 882.50 0.00
    county Fold     
    siboys08 Call  132.50 1015.00 3472.50
    guernsey29 Call  132.50 1147.50 5208.75
    HENSEY Fold     
    Turn

guernsey29 Check     
    siboys08 Check     
    River

guernsey29 Bet  30.00 1177.50 5178.75
    siboys08 Raise  1237.50 2415.00 2235.00
    guernsey29 Fold     
    siboys08 Unmatched bet  1207.50 1207.50 3442.50
    djblacke04 Show

siboys08 Show
    • A
    • Q

siboys08 Win Flush to the Queen 1207.50  4650.00
  • edited April 2010
    whats wrong with that?
  • edited April 2010

How did you get so short stack, and its omaha dohhh, more outdraws in this game than billy the kid, if i was posting all my bad beats from omaha, we'd be here all year.

• edited April 2010

todays cracker....

TONIO22 Small blind  25.00 25.00 1650.00
    necmitch Big blind  50.00 75.00 2870.00
      Your hole cards

djblacke04 Call  50.00 125.00 1310.00
    county Raise  100.00 225.00 4395.00
    96unsuited Fold     
    TONIO22 Call  75.00 300.00 1575.00
    necmitch Call  50.00 350.00 2820.00
    djblacke04 Call  50.00 400.00 1260.00
    Flop

• K
    • J

TONIO22 Check     
    necmitch Check     
    djblacke04 Check     
    county Bet  400.00 800.00 3995.00
    TONIO22 Fold     
    necmitch Fold     
    djblacke04 All-in  1260.00 2060.00 0.00
    county Call  860.00 2920.00 3135.00
    djblacke04 Show

county Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

• J

county Win Full House, Kings and Jacks 2920.00  6055.00
  • edited April 2010
    Ok i've stayed off this thread for a few days but now were on to Omaha you really have to realise that the game is different.

You should be looking to start with hands that are double suited, work flops well and can draw to the nuts after the flop. The main point with omaha is the nuts are only temporary. In your first hand so many people see that flop that obviously someone has a flush draw. 2nd hand you make bottom set. You will see far more outdraws in Omaha and lots of set over set's etc. NEITHER of these hands losing is unusual
  • edited April 2010
    Ok i've stayed off this thread for a few days but now were on to Omaha you really have to realise that the game is different. You should be looking to start with hands that are double suited, work flops well and can draw to the nuts after the flop. The main point with omaha is the nuts are only temporary. In your first hand so many people see that flop that obviously someone has a flush draw. 2nd hand you make bottom set. You will see far more outdraws in Omaha and lots of set over set's etc. NEITHER of these hands losing is unusual
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    you should play some omaha....is 15 past the hour....normally 8.15 9.15 good games...
    and  i am well aware of the nuts......
    being beaten...

ps played at rileys last night 21 runners.....came 9th ......went all in on flop of 9 2 7...with 92 in my hand when small blind bet half pot,(only sb and me -bb- in hand blinds at 400/800) had 4000 in chips......only for him to  call and turn over 22 ....lol....
  • edited April 2010
    I never moan at bad beats, but I couldnt believe this one from one of the main events this week. Had a good stack and was 12/44 with 40 to cash. Shoved over top of bigstack raise with KK and was called twice, once by QQ and by original raiser with KQ off. How dominant could I be three handed ? Flop 9 10 J and turn 8 ! Didnt even come second.