You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Def more detailed hand histories. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
  • edited June 2009
    Game should flash up when action is on you.  I was just sat out with 2 pair whilst on a different page.

Would like to know when PLO is coming as Tikay keeps mentioning it.....

Should be easier to get on a table, often have problems opening a table and getting the wait list to work properly.

Yep, hand histories should at the very least have the other player's cards as you can't judge the play properly without that.
  • edited June 2009
    Appologies if it has already been mentioned but I personally would like to see a complete history in 'my accounts' where you can look at career profits/loss, tourney wins/final tables etc.

Also would love full screen game windows. Like the idea of uploading avatars to site. :)
  • edited June 2009
    A simple sound alert when it your turn to join the table would be helpful,     at the moment we have to sit watching the lappy or miss out....one table at every cash game where you need to buy in full to sit....also the structure that was used to to win a set in vages proves we could have big tournies with 1k entry to have mega prize pools,  there are enough people on the site that would pay 50 quid sats to go for big money finals,    I dont play tournies because the effort to profit ratio is soo bad....most decent cash players wont take the tournies to serious at the mo,   but....there is enough decent cash players who would enter tournies if the reward was bigger.
  • edited June 2009

It runs too slow. I often get timed out onder the gun without having a chance to bet.

Other sites are soooo much smoother.

Have played on Sky for about 18 months and would hate to be forced out by poor play quality.

• edited June 2009

• edited June 2009
    i would like to see one minute roulette abolished as i think it just encourages the very type of play we could all do without--i think you may know the type of play to which i refer--OY NUTTER---

Also i have been told several times (for over a year) that sky is working on a download version for the site--this would improve the site no end--i have lost hundreds of pounds due to errors on this non-sense flash player--i have been chucked off final tables because my login has expired??? while actively playing--whats that all about sky?---i have loads of times been unable to launch tables because some silly error slows my connection right down to a crawl---i have launched tables and found my cards are face down on the table?--these errors and many more i dont have time to go into surley discourage and lose players to sites that are reliable(eg every other site on the net)---perhaps if your technical team cant get it together to create a reliable download version, you should get a technical team that can!
  • edited June 2009

In the chat box change the colour used for flop and hands so they can be read    dark on dark does not work!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    How about full screen mode and larger text, as i play through my tv and sit further back, it would be better if you could have full screen like so many other sites do.
  • edited June 2009
    more history?? ie, tourny stats, profit loss final tables etc?? and display them on your profike page so you can see the history of others.. see if they are a fish or not :)
  • edited June 2009
    hi can we not have a rule that you have to play some hands at mtts,sit n gos,it does my brain in players who fold there way to cash,everyone will be trying it soon enough me included
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
     I say put Michelle 'the gorgeous' Orp on every night. Anyone agree ;o)
    Posted by XBOOTNECK
    yes i agree lets see more of the gorgeous michele
  • edited June 2009
    ah long post short, update to a real poker site, no need for saying do this that,ive been waiting 2 years for bigger grtd mtts with play more players,rebuys,omaha, in that time what did i get? cut backs and small multi windows, shame gd poker site like sky is just being used for the 9pm idiot mtt, then players go eles where, dont get me wrong i love sky poker i want to see it get bigger? bring in the scany muppets and more depoist methods like ukash from pay point,oh yeah its in the pipe line for the year 2020
  • edited June 2009
    As others have said earlier, a full size screen would be useful ( save me gluing my face to the screen just to see it!)

The site does seem to run slow. you sit waiting them all of a sudden it's your go and you have abourt 5 seconds to decide your play and you wait ages for the flop to show, next thing you know, you're timed out. If you go all in the community cards shoot up and out so quickly you're not sure what cards it was that beat you. Smoother action please.

What about a fixed limit tourney?
  • edited June 2009
    oh bring back the five 0,the 1 of a kind mtt, with bigger blinds, and 1 big sat a week for it, 50 players 100 quid buy in i loved it ,grtd tv time always did well in it ,never won it but very close twice finishing 2nd 1k ty for sating in,few top 10s
  • edited June 2009
    BRING BACK FIVE 0 , all vote replay to this post
  • edited June 2009
    Hi, My name is Phrank, Frank to my friends.
    I would like to suggest a great and simple improvement to the site. It is regarding the chat box. It appears on the right of the playing screen and has a blue background.
    The white dealer notes are clear; the scarlet player names are clear and the yellow chat is clear. BUT the cards shown as the hand progresses are not. The black spades and clubs and the red hearts and diamonds are very difficult to read.
    I ask if other players find this and if it can be improved. I like the Sky Poker Site but other sites do not have this problem. I will not name them because we have all played on them and seen what I mean. I think....
    Regards to all at Sky poker - Frank.
  • edited June 2009
       In the chat box change the colour used for flop and hands so they can be read    dark on dark does not work!!!!
    Posted by Huntersix
    Hi Huntersix, I made exactly the same comment yesterday(See my posting about 4 or 5 after yours.) Glad some one else has noticed it. Let's hope we can get something done! I feel sure most people would agree.
    Regards, Phrank.
  • edited June 2009
    I would like to see more choice of avatars.

I would also like to able to spend your poker points earned on sky poker merchandise, like they do with some other poker sites.

• edited June 2009
    stop these dumb pop up tables, anoying while multi tableing,and u cant sit out from table in peace? arrrh pop up i am gone
  • edited June 2009
    if the site didn't randomly crash when i just got AA it'd be good! and one of the others at table had KK! wuda made a bundle lol
  • edited June 2009
    The ability to block myself from logging in between certain times......

I am quite disciplined at not drinking when playing, but not so disciplined at not playing after being to the pub!

Its either that  or a breathalyser on the laptop lol!
  • edited June 2009
    I think i would like to see satellite-semis to be closed and only accessible for players who qualify through the earlier satellites i think this would allow a wider variety of players in the main event. the high rollers tend to buy straight in and the more competant players play for direct access, by making the semi a closed tourney the lesser skilled or learning players who play the cheaper games could stand a little more chance of qualfying. As it stands the semis are basically a direct satellite and the better players buy straight in which makes it harder for those who went through the painstaking work of qualifying for that chance, a much harder contest,whilst also leaving them at a disadvantage. Also like with the community freeroll you have 1 player with a bounty maybe you should add one in satelites but giving a wildcard entry to the main events that would be interesting i think.
  • edited June 2009
    A simple sound alert when it your turn to join the table would be helpful,     at the moment we have to sit watching the lappy or miss out....one table at every cash game where you need to buy in full to sit....also the structure that was used to to win a set in vages proves we could have big tournies with 1k entry to have mega prize pools,  there are enough people on the site that would pay 50 quid sats to go for big money finals,    I dont play tournies because the effort to profit ratio is soo bad....most decent cash players wont take the tournies to serious at the mo,   but....there is enough decent cash players who would enter tournies if the reward was bigger.
    Posted by NODEAL
    if you look top left of window click options and highlight betting sounds and chip sounds that should solve it
  • edited June 2009
    Can we make sure that the price of the tourneys is commensurate with the value of the tourney. £5  entry for a £75 tourney for example is not good value.
  • edited June 2009
    id like to see a 9 or 10 handed mtts... short handed is fine but at times is pretty loose, as the variance sways so more compared to a full ring game... with the timebank i think this does need to be looked into... bubble play is bubble play but you do get players all on the same shall we say wavelength runing it all the way down... another site i play i wont mention the name has a good way to cope with bubble play... its hand for hand action.. so if for example there are 3 tables left of 18 runners and the top 17 get paid, a new hand wont start until the hand on each specific table is completed, thus eliminating time bank abuse and slow playing into the money, this then continues into each money category.. (this only applies to MTTS) so say the open pays top 70.. hand for hand action would take place at 61st position.. then resume normally till 51st.. and so on. it can also be a bit flexible by doing it a few positions earlier...maybe 2 or 3 positions from the bubble/prize tiers.
  • edited June 2009

hi  i  would  like to  10  seated  tourneys  most  site  do  10  as well as   6  what  do other playes  think

• edited June 2009

i  for got to mention  when  u get to the final table  on other sites  the  table  changes colour   to  black  any  chance u can do it on here

• edited June 2009
    I WOULD LIKE TO SEE TH PRIZE POOLS INCREASED AS THESE HAVE DECREASED OVER THE LAST YEAR
  • edited June 2009
    I WOULD LIKE TO SEE TH PRIZE POOLS INCREASED AS THESE HAVE DECREASED OVER THE LAST YEAR
    Posted by RONALDO80
    totally agree with u ronaldo....i used to do the 10pm £22 speed tourney £700 gtd last year... then it went down to 600-500-400-300-now its been revamped £200 freezeout?? unfortunately i think the standard mtts are being forgotten a bit and more commitment is being shown towards the DYMs and bounty hunter tourneys...