You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    id like to see some sort of note pad you can use to put details of players on
    not just post its that come up when they are at yr table
  • edited July 2009
    Better freerolls than the rubbish £20 ones
  • edited July 2009

Dunno if this has been mentioned already but I deffo think more could be done with the Poker Points that have been won. Like on Stars I think it would be good to be able to exchage them for merchandise, or maybe enter into satelites, rather than the £20 Freerolls on offer at the moment. As it stands at the moment what can u do with them after you have got them???? - granted they are used for cash for points on a monthly basis, but it would be good to be able to use them on satelites, directbuy ins or Sky Merchandise.

• edited July 2009
    Single Table Player Only Cash Tables.  People clever enough to be multi-tabling often make the game too slow for those of us just wanting to concentrate on one game by using the time bank to the maximum every hand! zzzzzzzzz  Just a table where you can sit at that one and that one only would be nice :)
  • edited July 2009

I would like to play a big money tourment once a week on a saterday.

• edited July 2009
    I agree, a timebank on the cash tables would be a real benefit, this bank should increase the longer you sit at the table as on stars, there are always some spots where more time is required to make a decision. If it started at 10 secs for example and increased from there any abuse of it would be kept at a minimum. The type of players who would run their time bank down simply to delay the games are usually the ones that sit for a short time and then leave so they would only have the basic time bank.

A buddy list would also be a useful addition.

• edited July 2009
    I would LOVE it if, when you have multiple windows open, instead of having to constantly click back and forth between them (because of the overlap (unless you have a 30 inch display)) you had the option of automatically resizing the windows so you could have them all displayed together. Something like this,

http://www.codingthewheel.com/pics/poker_bot_full.jpg

Lots of other good suggestions I like. Notably better hand history, special time out requests (though only if triggered, not if a player sits out) and a decent tourney with slower increasing blinds that rewards skill rather than luck (like a certain almost-nightly tournament..)

Thanks
  • edited July 2009
    i think it would be better if they actually put up the prize your going to win in the Sit n Go's, instead of waiting for the full amounnt of players to enter before you know what the payout structure is, this definitely would be better or new players
  • edited July 2009
    First off I would very much like to see 9-player tables STT . The other is Double Shoot-out to larger tourneys and live events ( Example : 36 player max , Double Shoot -out , Buy-in £33 , 1st place gets entry into WSOPE Event #1 ) .. There are so many things you can do to make this site an awsome site , Being that my game is more mathematical i would also like to see STT's with just 7 seconds to react .. I think these would be very good for decent players who really understand the SNG game .. As another player stated earlier about pokerstars , i tried it once 3 months ago I didnt make a real money deposit and now im very glad i didnt .. in the 4 days i logged on it had me download updated software every day for 4 days straight , I mean how many updates does one site do on a daily basis ?? Seemed a bit dodgy , I dont care if they are the biggest site around representing some of the top has beens . I just didnt feelcomfortable there .. I am a loyal Sky poker fan .. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Also i agree with FPP's , such as if one player accumilates 2,000 FPP's they can create their own private SNG tables or MTT tables for friends or poker clubs . Also have an On line League ..
  • edited July 2009
      MAKE  LARGER TABLES AVAILABLE;. OTHER THAN THAT IT'S A GREAT SITE. I'VE PLAYED ON A FEW SITES; "ONE A LOT NOT 365 DEGREE'S NORTH OF HERE", DOES'NT  COME CLOSE FOR TOURNAMENT'S etc;. IT'S GOT THE BELLS AND WHISTLES, BUT FOR GOOD POKER YOUR MILES AHEAD;, & IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING £100 UP IN MY FIRST 2 DAYS;. SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE BUT GOT GREEDY..... >>>       THANKS I'VE ENJOYED MY POKER FOR ONCE.   ; The River Pirate!!!.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Hi, I have a few ideas that would improve the site. Move to 10min blind Opens. This will however will a mean longer show and with approx 12.30am finish so maybe have a some 8pm starts mid week. The skill level for 10mins over 7mins is much more and therefore better gameplay. Allow avatars to be uploaded To be able to use points to buy in to tournaments. Pokerstars have recently done this where you can buy tickets for their big games. It will help improve loyalty and reward players who have earnt lots of points. Eg 500 points for a £10 open or 2000 points for a Primo? Make the site downloadable, the crashes have improved but it would definately improve this. Have every Friday night as larger buy in, ie not just a Primo once a month. £50 buy ins and even some £100 or £200. You could have satelites to them all week, it would create some big prize pools. This may even attract more players to the site. Change the count down timer to a clock ie 5,4,3 etc, it is much easier to monitor than the sliding bar. The show length restricts this but try and increase countdown time and maybe have an extra time clock to use on tricky decisions. More Twitter updates. News, winners, tournaments coming up etc. Twitter is perfect for this. Get Megan Fox as one of the presenters. What do you think? Ed
    Posted by THESWISS
    TOTALY AGREED,
    but sky would go bust if they did point buy in mtts,u know how many ppl have loads of worthless points b4 the points for cash?
  • edited July 2009
    i dont care now, i have moved on to a real poker site, i like mtts with play,i am doing very well, id like to thank skypoker tv for making me a better player, i used to love sky poker but every is changed in mtts,i still like skypoker, might pop in now and then for a gamble in open when drunk, named me 1 poker site has £20 buy in £100 grtd? lol there called sit and goes on other sites
  • edited July 2009
    i dont care now, i have moved on to a real poker site, i like mtts with play,i am doing very well, id like to thank skypoker tv for making me a better player, i used to love sky poker but every is changed in mtts,i still like skypoker, might pop in now and then for a gamble in open when drunk, named me 1 poker site has £20 buy in £100 grtd? lol there called sit and goes on other sites
    Posted by JPDERRY
    I HAVE MOVED ON, AS SKY POKER HAS NOT, AND I CAN CALL PPL IDIOTS AND MUPPETS ON OTHER SITE
  • edited July 2009
    The new HH is a great improvement - but I'd still like to be able to drop it into PT3 easily - perhaps this is coming...

I'd like to be able to make notes once the tourney is over - when I play heads up sng, while I make notes during - I often want to manke additions at the end are currently cannot do so.  Are the histories stored in a file on my pc somewhere or are they server based?

Omaha!  But make sure you launch a freeplay option!
  • edited July 2009
    Most sites show hole cards face up when allin on cash tables nowadays. Far more enjoyable when you can see what you are up against.

Also is it not possible for the software to allow the fish allin player to miss occasionally!!!?

• edited July 2009

Iintern Response to What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Interesting to hear everybodys opinions! I think sky have done well with recent improvements but I would still welcome some more....
    OMAHA  - would like to see it sooner not later.
    TIMEBANK - yes it can be abused but perhaps one only, every hour renewed on break. can see probs in open so dont have it there.
    ELITE 50 - used to be a great tourny, the elite 500 is just like the open. Bring it back ! A big tourny on sunday afternoon would be nice.
    AVATARS - I have em switched off but on other sites you can upload any picture, and I look like a penguin.

9/10 SEAT TABLES - some tournys with these would be good.Most live events and many other sites feature these and it adjusting to, its a very different game.
    POINTS - I have 40 thousand. What can I do with them? Sit and go sats into bigger tournys please.
    DEEPSTACK - Where have the 20 quid deepstacks gone ?

• edited July 2009
    DEEPSTACK - Where have the 20 quid deepstacks gone ?
    Posted by penguin7
    They are back Tony, 7.15 every nite! :)
  • edited July 2009
      MAKE  LARGER TABLES AVAILABLE;. OTHER THAN THAT IT'S A GREAT SITE. I'VE PLAYED ON A FEW SITES; "ONE A LOT NOT 365 DEGREE'S NORTH OF HERE", DOES'NT  COME CLOSE FOR TOURNAMENT'S etc;. IT'S GOT THE BELLS AND WHISTLES, BUT FOR GOOD POKER YOUR MILES AHEAD;, & IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING £100 UP IN MY FIRST 2 DAYS;. SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE BUT GOT GREEDY..... />>>       THANKS I'VE ENJOYED MY POKER FOR ONCE.   ; The River Pirate!!!.
    Posted by Hypnoeyez
    give it another few weeks mate.i think the poker software is as rigged as the sky vegas software,when u r ment to win u win,and ment to lose u lose even when on top of your game and getting great cards?
  • edited July 2009
    I usually only play 1 table at a time, And would love to be able to expand the table to full screen, instead of zooming to enlarge. Does any1 agree?
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Slowbow,

Please don't stress at some very stupid players. Just realise what sad individuals they are, I have been called all sorts in the chat box by various players and believe that they need to get a life as theirs must be very unhappy.
    Speaking for myself I have enjoyed our banter in the chat box very much and it is for that reason I would never want sky stop the chat boxes. I have never reported anybody as I have this button that says silent. LOL
    Also there are now so many players that I have good chat now and they make it very difficult for the few abusive players. Hey once i was called something not very nice and was just telling him he was out of order when TiKay hit the table and asked if I was Ok (LOL always OK) I said yes and that I was just waiting for an apology when I think it was Mickjenn said he the players had been abusive. Result an immediate apology. Since then I have had no problem from that player and live in hope that he is now reformed
    Hope to see you on the tables soon.

Tiggs XX
  • edited July 2009
    How about decent customer service?

Try having employees that don't begger off for 5 or 10 mins in every live online chat session. 
  • edited July 2009
    Maybe take a look at the 'Matrix' tournaments they have on FTP. Good value and fun, its a sng with the same players on 4 tables with prizes per table and the aggregate prize accross all tables.
  • edited July 2009
    Deposits from PayPal ?
  • edited July 2009
    to be able to upload your own avatar would be great dont you all agree????????
  • edited July 2009
    to be able to upload your own avatar would be great dont you all agree????????
    Posted by sampo8
    YES
  • edited July 2009
    Nah ..  i like the avatar's as they are.. allows for messing about,    changing faces while your card dead !!

Also, when your opponent is a bloke and he has a female avatar on screen ??  What's that all about ??

Cross- Dresser i guess !!                   haha haha hahahaaa
  • edited July 2009
    GIVE JPDERRY HIS CHAT BACK,THEN HE MIGHT COME BACK TO SKY POKER?
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Slowbow, Please don't stress at some very stupid players. Just realise what sad individuals they are, I have been called all sorts in the chat box by various players and believe that they need to get a life as theirs must be very unhappy. Speaking for myself I have enjoyed our banter in the chat box very much and it is for that reason I would never want sky stop the chat boxes. I have never reported anybody as I have this button that says silent. LOL Also there are now so many players that I have good chat now and they make it very difficult for the few abusive players. Hey once i was called something not very nice and was just telling him he was out of order when TiKay hit the table and asked if I was Ok (LOL always OK) I said yes and that I was just waiting for an apology when I think it was Mickjenn said he the players had been abusive. Result an immediate apology. Since then I have had no problem from that player and live in hope that he is now reformed Hope to see you on the tables soon. Tiggs XX
    Posted by tiggerace7
      Just ignore the idiots Tig.  There are plenty of players out there who are like you.... always good to chat to !
  • edited July 2009
    tig r u sayin i was abusive lol am never abusive am sure it cant b me, as i hav a good chat wiv most players and have a laff