You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

1262728293032»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    torno with 30 max player buy in so reducing torno time for players who have not got 4 hrs(hopefully) to play.

• edited April 2011
    Hi guys,

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Firstly, park08, we have no reason to rig the site. We take a portion of the buy-in, then it does not matter to us who wins or loses. Our sites are regulated by the AGCC, details of which are at the bottom of our site.

Frascati, we do have tournaments with fewer entrants, however we found these to be unpopular as we have to reduce the prize pool to cater for the loss of entrants.

I would advise you to try some of the Cash Games or Sit N Go tables if you are looking for a quicker game.

Hope that helps,
    Jordan
  • edited April 2011
    played friday joke lost all nite picked up great hands no good just switched on again wed first game sit and go player no matterwot could not loose loads complaining i even went all in top pair 2 scare him off he went on 7 4 unsuited called joke realy lo and behold gave him 2 7s 2 4s joke why does players of this calibre get rewarded over and over again it is not fair and proper players would not go on bad hands why reward chancers dont say it in random happens all the time do a pole shocking
  • edited April 2011
    my improvement would be to limit players to a number of tables on each blind level so then people have a choice in who they play against the number of times i go on cash table and certain people are playing on every table on 25/50 tables has forced me to go to other sites so that im playing different people and improve my game you cant do that against the same players all the time it would be a great improvement and would attract new players to the site.
  • edited April 2011

Hi, I have been playing here for a few weeks and love it. I enjoy poker and I am learning the game. I have won a few tournaments and sit and goes but I am still a beginner and make silly plays and mistakes.

The one thing that I don't like is some of the other players you can get on the smaller tables. They can be rude and abusive. I would like to see an ignore button so I can just not get their abuse and rudeness when I am trying to play a fun game. Its OK on cash games as you can just move but in tournaments and sit and goes it can be off putting, and I don't just mean banter or chat.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Hi, I have been playing here for a few weeks and love it. I enjoy poker and I am learning the game. I have won a few tournaments and sit and goes but I am still a beginner and make silly plays and mistakes. The one thing that I don't like is some of the other players you can get on the smaller tables. They can be rude and abusive. I would like to see an ignore button so I can just not get their abuse and rudeness when I am trying to play a fun game. Its OK on cash games as you can just move but in tournaments and sit and goes it can be off putting, and I don't just mean banter or chat.
    Posted by mozzieme
    Hi mozzieme & welcome to the forum.

I can't comment concerning an ignore button but I am sorry that you have had problems at the tables with some abusive players. Sky take this sort of thing very seriously so can I suggest that if this happens again that you report the incident to customer care using one of the links at the bottom of any of the forum pages.  They will need to know what game you were in, the table number and most importantly the name of the person causing the problem it might also help if you could copy and paste the offending comments.

YOU certainly shouldn't have to move rooms because of someone elses bad behaviour.

Steve AKA ModKiwini

PS Tikay has started a thread on this very subject in General Poker Chat call "A Chat about Chat" which you can find by following this link
  • edited April 2011
    Hi, I have been playing here for a few weeks and love it. I enjoy poker and I am learning the game. I have won a few tournaments and sit and goes but I am still a beginner and make silly plays and mistakes. The one thing that I don't like is some of the other players you can get on the smaller tables. They can be rude and abusive. I would like to see an ignore button so I can just not get their abuse and rudeness when I am trying to play a fun game. Its OK on cash games as you can just move but in tournaments and sit and goes it can be off putting, and I don't just mean banter or chat.
    Posted by mozzieme

you can turn the chatbox to silent, plus u should report any foul language to customer support, copy paste what their player ID and what they said, plus what table/time u were playing
  • edited April 2011
    make the hand history better The hand history on here is terrtible, it should be made like the pokerstars hand history, where yo can reply the and with all the action and see the other persons hand.  At the moment all it is , is a confusing little box that barely shows anything.  It definately needs to be improved soon as it will playing cash and tournements much more fun as you will be able to look back at hands with a clearer picture of the result. Also a time bank is needed in cash that if used should be refilled every ten minutes, just like a mintue to give the people time to think, right now every decision has to be made in about 10 seconds its horrible and makes a lot of people rush
    Posted by iodio

Must say that the time bank balance thing is always a hot topic on any site and having played on all the majors i feel qualified enough to add my thoughts on the subject. 

At a 6 handed table in an MTT there is very little need for a time bank balance and one of teh nicest things about SP compared to others is that they dont have a time bank in MTTs.  People destroy the integrity of a lot of tournamnets especially around the bubble of any MTT by stalling every single hand which ultimately only wastes blind time and reduces the number of hands that a table sees during this important phase of a tourey.  IMO SkyPoker has this one right.

During satellite events this misuse of a time bank balance is even more noticeable and the blatant use impacts severly upon the natural flow of the game.  Again, please dont introduce Time Bnaks in these as they are great as they are.

During a Cash Game i have the opposite opinion.  Every now and then there is a need for enough time to think about a hand during play, and as poker doesnt often throw out the need for a big decision i dont think that it would be misused (apart from by those who are multitabling more than they can actually handle comfortably). 

The option of activating an extra 30 seconds or even perhaps 45 seconds is generally enopugh for people to make a tough decision during a cash table hand and isnt necessarily that hard to introduce.

I would hope though that if it is brought in that the player has to 'Bid' for the extra time instead of automatically receiving it.  This would stop every cash table losing a vast number of hands per hour and decreasing the enjoyment factor.  After all poker is supposed to be a game and by definiton be fun and enjoyable.

GL at the tables

Paddy H

9se7entr3y
  • edited April 2011
    The one improvement i would make, is that once you enter a sit & go or tournament you are seated at a table automatically and it takes you straight to the table. Dont know why but i have trouble launching the table even when i press the launch table tab, or am i missing something?

THE DOCTOR.
  • edited April 2011
    i'd like to see the percentiges written up by your cards so you know what they, i can't work it out quick enough and i like to know when i've sat there twice for over 2 hrs in tournys and i'm out with pocket aces what percentage hit that is and when in the 3rd 1 i'm out with pocket kings i'd like to know how probable that was.
  • edited April 2011
    This site could be improved by closing it down

Play at Poker stars its way better than this junk
  • edited April 2011
    would be nice to get some history of ROI and currect form of your opa as you can access on sharkscope
  • edited April 2011
    stop letting and favouring the big stacks and large bank rolls and give the normal people a chance when comming to end of comps i no poker and its every night there are players on this site who can only afford small comps and sattelites and who just like a game and its being spoiled for them i watch you on the tv and enjoy it but the small comps really need to be fair to give  players a good and fair oppertunity thank you
  • edited April 2011
    10 handed to be the norm 6 handed is much harder for a beginner
  • edited April 2011
    Change the filters on the SnG list to exclude DYMs.

They clog up the list and I hate them!
  • edited April 2011
    Is the site open to players outside of the UK?
  • edited April 2011
    Is the site open to players outside of the UK?
    Posted by rnixon
    Help and support has the following information:

http://help.skybet.com/display/4/kb/article.aspx?aid=1183&n=1&docid=8022&tab=search

We accept customers based in any of the following countries:

United Kingdom
    Ireland
    Bulgaria
    Cyprus
    Denmark
    Finland
    Gibraltar
    Greece
    Poland
    Spain
    Sweden

Due to our products/services being prohibited and/or restricted by local laws we do not currently accept new accounts from any other countries.
  • edited April 2011
    have a set amount if your bank roll is over it you cant play the smaller comps these shoud be for the beginers on the site and small bank rolls at the moment you put in your chips well jn front to get called by any rubish but they hit just because you want to get the comp over the        bounty hunters are worse for this the site favours them with most chips or the ones who have   already got some bounties  on a diferant note try to give out more points to smaller comps cant get any boneses with work can only play sat and sun unless i have holliday i only play on this site but it would be nice to have a half desant chance i just enjoy a game of cards
  • edited April 2011
    how can you claim this site is fair just played the 150gtd deep stack blinds 10 20 raised to 300 get 2 calls flop comes 3 6 8 move in with qq get called with 9 j to see 99 on turn and river of chip leader
  • edited April 2011
    I have been playing on full tilt and poker stars for the last couple of years and am very new to sky poker but am enjoying the games so far (except getting knocked out of the 4K last night with my KK getting busted by 10's but anyway, I digress). 

Agree with everyone so far that the hand history needs improvement, other sites use a hand replayer format that is far easier to use and understand. 

The other feature that is great on FT is the option to chop pots, once you get down to 2 or 3 players we all know it becomes a bit of a shove fest with a lot of variance, the ability to make a deal is something I often do rather than enter a drawn out heads up session. 

Cheers.
  • edited May 2011
    I would like to see more information on cash games. I know other sites give more of a breakdown on the action at each table.

At the moment you get avg/hands per hour (ahph) and average pot. The ahph doesn't tell you much if the it's a new table and the average pot get's badly skewed if you are playing on  a tight table (small avg pot) but the get 2 or 3 hands in a row with all-ins. I was on a NL4 table and a maniac kept going all-in pre-flop with £15.00+. The average pot was over £5.00 for a good while even when he was busted and went away.
  • edited May 2011
    sky hi!!
                   we all get bad beats and even tho u play it right!
                    sometimes the poker gods just arnt with you.
                    if you think someone in the tourny has played really well
                     & you think man he shouldnt have gone out like that lol
                     then this is why i think players player of the month is a good idea
                     it could be done as people are knocked out of tournys where on exit
                     their asked player vote its not compulsery but an option
                     then we will have a new and exiteing angle on your site
                     any comments would be a gr88 help c u at the tables
  • edited May 2011
    More 10 handed tables in the 2p 4p dont like the £10 max buyin no one is on that but the other one is full and theres 3 players watting
  • edited May 2011
    as my eyesite is not great it would save eyestrain. problem is I m not too hot on computers but can certainly play poker after 39 yrs of live play. any ideas?
  • edited May 2011

Hi everyone.

It would be great when people have suggestions if they could start a new thread as it will help us a lot to see initial suggestions and to respond to people. It will make it easier for other people to comment on them too.

We'll close this thread to help facilitate this.

Keep the ideas coming please!

Thanks
    Sky Poker Team