You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Mtt are not worth playing here imo(but are my fav).Looked at one today paid top 30, 74% of prize pool for top 6, 7-10 10%, 11-20 and 21-30 getting not much more than their buy-in for hours of play.You would have to feel very good about your game to play these when you can play 3-4 dym in same time with better odds of cashing.Or is this what sky wants more games more rake?Either pay less places so cashes are worth it or reduce top pay outs a few % and make it worth playing for a cash fields might get bigger imo if you do the latter.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm interested in learning to play omaha and hi lo a bit more, but I don't really want to go risking money on it, I know I'd play scared.
    Maybe some omaha freerolls or something like that?
  • edited December 2010

Not having to move the cursor over to the box to type in a bet, should just automatically enter here if you start typing, costs alot of time.

Stack sizes always visible (that goes for tv shows as well).

Pot size at the beginning of betting round displayed not just total pot making it easier to judge the size of an opponents raise.

Don't display folded hole cards.

Display hand percentages during all in situations on the site and during hand analysis on the shows. Just makes things more interesting.

While I agree with the policy of not allowing tracking software to be used on the site to build information on other players, more statistical analysis of your own game could be provided / facilitated over and above the current flops seen / won information.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Not having to move the cursor over to the box to type in a bet, should just automatically enter here if you start typing, costs alot of time.   Stack sizes always visible (that goes for tv shows as well). Pot size at the beginning of betting round displayed not just total pot making it easier to judge the size of an opponents raise. Don't display folded hole cards. Display hand percentages during all in situations on the site and during hand analysis on the shows. Just makes things more interesting. While I agree with the policy of not allowing tracking software to be used on the site to build information on other players, more statistical analysis of your own game could be provided / facilitated over and above the current flops seen / won information.
    Posted by RedHouse
    Not sure how/if that would work when multi tabling?
  • edited December 2010
    one improvement would be in these tournaments, there seem to be sometimes unfair matching as for instance i was on a table where one perosn had 14k another 13k and the rest under 5k and it wasnt like there was not many left i think there was about 100+!!!!!!
  • edited December 2010

Bounty Hunters.

Will Sky please amend the mechanics when it comes to Bounty hunters to stop the unfair advantage. Many times I have sat at a table and gained a massive chip advantage i.e 4000 when the rest are at 2000 apart from the guy i cleaned out who has about 50 left!

Ok, I dont mind the fact that someone else gets to take his last 50 and gain the bounty but what i do object to is this. During the next 20 mins I slowly work on the group and we have a situation where I have say, 4800 chips, there are 3 players below 1000 and a couple around the 3000 mark. Just as i am about to pounce the computer decides to move me to a new table full of players who have all got more chips than me and have achieved a bounty.

Please please sort this out as it seems grossly unfair to do all the work without getting anything and ten be taken away from the table with all the short staks you have worked on..

Thank you

• edited December 2010

I'd like to see more £5.50 £50 guaranteed, £100 guaranteeds and £250 ones thought the day every hour that start that like midday becouse i dont like to play for 11 quid game to much for me ty

• edited December 2010
    I'd like a chat box in mini view......or just resizeable tables would be nice. 
  • edited December 2010

The only aspect of Sky Poker I really don't like is the font size.  It is very small and the window can not be maximised to full screen. 

This really lets down the site, which is otherwise very good.  Can this please be changed?

• edited January 2011
    right.. i hope someone responds to this i play mainly HU and think i should be able to accumulate points for the league.... i dont no why you dont have somethin for this as its pretty unfair!! 

• edited January 2011

i have played this site for 2 years now  and i love playing on it, but to me now either the software you are using is not good enough or they is a serious case of sky fixing going on. on far to many occasions now you get bad beat after bad beat, which now and again you can take cause they do happen in poker,  but just about every player you talk to on the tables say the same thing,apart from the big players who just say get on with it, its part of poker but thats cause it never happens to them. surely this needs to be addressed 1st before anything else on this site.
    i know this is a waste of my time as this will just fall on deaf ears, but i had to forward my dissapointment in what i feel is a very serious issue.

• edited January 2011
    i have played this site for 2 years now  and i love playing on it, but to me now either the software you are using is not good enough or they is a serious case of sky fixing going on. on far to many occasions now you get bad beat after bad beat, which now and again you can take cause they do happen in poker,  but just about every player you talk to on the tables say the same thing,apart from the big players who just say get on with it, its part of poker but thats cause it never happens to them. surely this needs to be addressed 1st before anything else on this site. i know this is a waste of my time as this will just fall on deaf ears, but i had to forward my dissapointment in what i feel is a very serious issue.
    Posted by BOOM31
    That's where some people get confused. Bad beats in poker don't happen "occasionally". They should, and do, happen alot more often than people believe they should.

If you have 89s v AK - 89 wins 40% of the time!

Even 72 suited v AK - 72 wins 37% of the time ! - Even if the flop is King high, but 72 has a flush draw, it still wins 37% of the time. 

You cannot describe something that happens 40% of the time "occasional". It could, should and does happen exactly 40% of the time !!!

If you can't stand the heat and the luck involved in poker - find a new game to play.

These are not bad beats.

The big players don't moan because their time is better spent improving their game - ithey have accepted it for what it is, and get on with dealing with it.

If you do the same - you might see some improved results. 

GL

• edited January 2011
    Forgive me if these points have been raised before.  I have only today registered and become a member so this is my first post.

I would like to see three small changes.  Firstly, if you are doing something else on your machine I would like to see the table pop up over what you are doing. At the moment the icon on the taskbar glows orange but sometimes I cannot see that and so miss hands.  So to have the table pop up over what ever else that is on my screen would be a great help.

Secondly, I would love to see the table full size on my screen.  At the moment I am unable to get the single table tile any bigger than what I believe is the 'normal' size.

Finally, if you do happen to time out and miss a hand when you go back to the table you need to press the I'm back button, however it does not show what your hole cards were. I would like to see them just for curiosity!

Good luck and good poker to you all.
  • edited January 2011
    Forgive me if these points have been raised before.  I have only today registered and become a member so this is my first post. I would like to see three small changes.  Firstly, if you are doing something else on your machine I would like to see the table pop up over what you are doing. At the moment the icon on the taskbar glows orange but sometimes I cannot see that and so miss hands.  So to have the table pop up over what ever else that is on my screen would be a great help. Secondly, I would love to see the table full size on my screen.  At the moment I am unable to get the single table tile any bigger than what I believe is the 'normal' size. Finally, if you do happen to time out and miss a hand when you go back to the table you need to press the I'm back button, however it does not show what your hole cards were. I would like to see them just for curiosity! Good luck and good poker to you all.
    Posted by AntiSocial
    I can only help with the last point hole cards you have missed.Press game info on bottom left of table and press hand history  this  works on mtt's and sng's not sure about cash.Also handy if a player calls the river and you don't get to see what they called with i.e. they hide loosing hands gl 
  • edited January 2011
    Freeroll games.          100 - 120 players or so get paid, with the freerolls only being played for £50 - £100 all in. It would be better if maybe the top 10 or 20 players getting paid.
  • edited January 2011
    I would suggest a software that will perform an "Auto Play" just like pilot can do on a plane for people who are disconnected. I see so many players getting disconnected at some stage including myself, it's so frustrating especially when you reached final table.  Sky will probably be the 1st if you take up this idea and could bring in many new accounts. You can start with basis obtional commands like go "All in" with AA AK a pair etc. This will give those unfortunate disconnected players a decent fighting chance when re-connected again. Who knows, auto play itself may even win the tournament. Wouldn't that be lovely? Another positive is players with Sky broandband like myself will not need to consider changing supplier.
  • edited January 2011
    I would have to agree with others comments regarding HH.
    I would also like to see the breaks harmonised. As someone who
    mainly plays MTT's, on the rare occasions that i'm still in more
    than one after an hour i'm often to be found chewing on my desk,
    something which i'm fairly certain would be cured with a trip to the
    kitchen to replenish depleted caffine stocks... :-)))
  • edited January 2011
    Is anyone else getting a weird "timeout" issue on the hour every hour?
  • edited January 2011
    Is anyone else getting a weird "timeout" issue on the hour every hour?
    Posted by simuk
    Yes mate ive had the same I have folded my cards seen the fold happen then just like you I get the timeout notice. Not sure if its every hour but certainly been happening.
  • edited January 2011
    I'd like to see the notes to have 4/5 different colours and to be viable from the lobby would also be good..

And some 10 handed 10 or 15 min blind tourneys would also be good..

And a time bank is sooner or later gona have to be added,, so that too would be good to have.. Then it would be easier to multi-table ..

• edited January 2011
    I like the league part of this site however for players at the lower limit tables unless there are prepared to play about 5 times as many hours as the higher limit players getting anywhere on that board is just impossible
    i would ike to see seperate league table for each of the limits - micro, low, medium, high where upon the points you earn would show in your particular league or at least have a filter option that would show who the leading MTT, SNG and cash players are at each of these levels.
    Is there any possibility of seperate or filtered league's in the furture?

Ali
  • edited January 2011
    I have only recently started playing on sky poker and really like the community and tv aspect of it, though I think there are certainly some improvements that can be made. I would like to see the introduction of sit n go satellites for the higher buy in tournaments like the primo and 15k BH. Also I like to play a wide range of games and cant do so here, the introduction of 8 game would be excellent but I would settle for 7 stud and its variations for the time being. The hand history tab could be greatly improved aswell as it can take a long time to look through your previous hands and it isnt the most easy to use. Other than these points I really enjoy playing on sky poker and shall remain to do so.

JBMuir
  • edited January 2011
    1. Auto top up for cash, a the number of times I have lost a race leaving little on the table then to be dealt a big hand with no time to top up in between.

2. Late entry to tournies level 1/2. Many times I have entered the site just missing a start time then having to wait 1/2 to 1hr or so for something similar. I am sure Sky are losing out on rake here as well. I accept this may not work well with Bounty Hunters.

3. Some £7-8 tournies, Deep Stacks,BH would be nice but anything, as I seem not to do well at £10+ the very good players on this site seem to dominate these (and good luck to them). Many players bankrolls as my own will probably be comfortable at this level.

4. A 35/70 blinds level in between the 25/50 and 50/100 that is in many of the tournies. It just seems that once the levels double here it seems to start the all in shoves and takes much of the play out of the tours especially in the 2000 or lower start chip tours. OK at some stage the shoves will happen, just a little more play before they do.

Ray
  • edited January 2011
    make the site fair dont keep rewarding new players time sky was reported hands i have just been beat on totally corrupt great if u new player no cards 4 weeks i hav even rang 2 complain deaf ears i am going 2 gamming board be very surprised if this gets posted i no u are keeping me down hopeing i will go away but i will keep complaining untill u start 2 be fair
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Shann,

Our site is regulated by the AGCC (Alderney Gambling Control Commission) and we use random number generators to deal our cards. I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying our tables at the moment but I can assure you, we are 100% fair.

The link for the AGCC is at the bottom of our website.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited January 2011
       BEEN BROUGHT UP BEFORE , SO I'LL RAISE IT AGAIN . BREAK THE LEAGUE UP INTO DIVISIONS. AT  THIS TIME    ALL YOUR END OF MONTH PRIVATE TOURNYS  FOR THE MOST POINTS  ARE AIMED AT THE PROS / SEMI PROS WHO PLAY 24 /7 IE 20 TABLES A TIME THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN OBTAIN THEIR MASSIVE  POINT SCORE ..... 

EVERY ONE ELSE IS PUSH TO THE WAYSIDE AND FORGOTTON ABOUT, IE THOSE THAT PLAY 5 OR 6 GAMES A NIGHT

DO QUITE WELL , BUT HAVE NO CHANCE OF GAINING THE POINTS NEEDED TO GET INTO A BIG FREE TOURNY

THE LEAGUE SHOULD BE BROKEN INTO 3 TIERS THOSE THAT PLAY

A       1 -100 GAMES A WEEK 
    B   100 - 300 GAMES A WEEK 
    C   300 PLUS GAMES A WEEK
    THIS WOULD GIVE EVERY PLAYER A FAIR CHANCE , AND MAKE MORE SENSE , LIKE I SAID AT THE MOM IT ONLY FAVOURS THE PROS/SEMI PROS 
  • edited January 2011
    Ittn Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
       BEEN BROUGHT UP BEFORE , SO I'LL RAISE IT AGAIN . BREAK THE LEAGUE UP INTO DIVISIONS. AT  THIS TIME    ALL YOUR END OF MONTH PRIVATE TOURNYS  FOR THE MOST POINTS  ARE AIMED AT THE PROS / SEMI PROS WHO PLAY 24 /7 IE 20 TABLES A TIME THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN OBTAIN THEIR MASSIVE  POINT SCORE .....   EVERY ONE ELSE IS PUSH TO THE WAYSIDE AND FORGOTTON ABOUT, IE THOSE THAT PLAY 5 OR 6 GAMES A NIGHT  DO QUITE WELL , BUT HAVE NO CHANCE OF GAINING THE POINTS NEEDED TO GET INTO A BIG FREE TOURNY THE LEAGUE SHOULD BE BROKEN INTO 3 TIERS THOSE THAT PLAY A       1 -100 GAMES A WEEK  B   100 - 300 GAMES A WEEK  C   300 PLUS GAMES A WEEK THIS WOULD GIVE EVERY PLAYER A FAIR CHANCE , AND MAKE MORE SENSE , LIKE I SAID AT THE MOM IT ONLY FAVOURS THE PROS/SEMI PROS 
    Posted by F-B-I
    I totally agree, everything is aimed at high end players, not everyone has the time to play enormous amounts
     of games., it would be fairer to have a tiered system.
    posted by sonofzorro.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Shann, Our site is regulated by the AGCC (Alderney Gambling Control Commission) and we use random number generators to deal our cards. I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying our tables at the moment but I can assure you, we are 100% fair. The link for the AGCC is at the bottom of our website. Thanks, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    played again 2 day pocket jj out flush out straight out full house out wat do i hav 2 do if u sat and watched only win wiff bluff cardsare i no a game of luk but it has 2 change surely new players do get luky just run a pole and ask not sour grapes give me the cards i can play but get bad beat after bad u trying 2 get rid of me 4 complaining or wat
  • edited January 2011
    once again   no cards at all one handgain just bin in MTT picked no cards at all but one hand i did pik up beat me ace king had 2 go beat off j 2 should not hav even bin in hand u deff want me gone shocking