You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    make the league more equal by setting different tiers. back button too see past hands played on current table.
  • edited February 2011
    Ii disagree it makes it difficult to envisage ur playing style because people are being added all the time. if you cant ghet to the table to register b4 the start of game wait for the next one. Thesae bigger sites do this i believe just to generate income it spoils the poker]
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Bestcards,

Unfortunately, we are unable to create a tier system due to the sheer amount of players we have on site and the amount of tournaments running.

We do, however, have a number of satellites running into the major tournaments so the "better" players can make their way into the tournament. This doesn't stop people buying into the final/semi-final though I am afraid.

Sorry about that.

Jordan
  • edited February 2011
    Hi

I quite often play multi tables, but can only see one table lobby at a time.  The new option to resize the table lobby is really usefull to fill what screen is left, but is there any thought to have more than one lobby open at the same time.  This would be especially handy in mtt's so you can keep a track of how many players left against how many cash and what the cash payouts are.  Can be quite hectic when playing 3 or 4 mtts and getting close to payout time.

Also, if we can resize the table lobby, is it in the pipeline to resize the game table window as well?

Thanks
    SuperSnedd
  • edited February 2011
    to improve this site dont waste your money go some where else where its not a fix 2 much
  • edited February 2011
    never won a hand again ither no cards or beat every hand i pik up just hit ace jak flop 2 aces 2 jaks turn   winning easy but river lo and behold hand that should not be in wins on river luk must still be out eh jordan just hav 2 keep trying chucking money eaway eh but not 2 bother
  • edited February 2011
    u r goin from bad 2 worse - knockin of super6freeroll etc etc no wonder nobody wants 2 [play on ur site
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    u r goin from bad 2 worse - knockin of super6freeroll etc etc no wonder nobody wants 2 [play on ur site
    Posted by LOOPYLOO
    My understanding is that the two weekend freerolls are being given a rest for a few weeks.  I think Sky are doing an excellent job, especially with the introduction of the daily Vegas Points games where players can final use some of their accumulated points to try and win a seat in the WSOP main event.

They have also introduced new tournament games, with guarantees, and making changes to the 5p/10p cash tables max buy-in after listening to their customers comments on the forum. 
  • edited February 2011
    im new to this site and find the omission of a fold to any bet option annoying particularly when muti tabling as you have to act out every action on every hand you play, if you know your beat in a hand and want to chuck your cards in and concentrate on better opportunities/critical actions on another table it's frustrating having a table pop up half way thru  hand.
  • edited February 2011
    im new to this site and find the omission of a fold to any bet option annoying particularly when muti tabling as you have to act out every action on every hand you play, if you know your beat in a hand and want to chuck your cards in and concentrate on better opportunities/critical actions on another table it's frustrating having a table pop up half way thru  hand.
    Posted by nigelking
    I agree, a lot of other sites have this option and is highly frustrating when mult-tabling at not having an auto fold option
  • edited February 2011
    Something that would be useful is when you quote a post you can still read posts from the thread, as sometimes you start writing then forget your point and need to look back to see the OP hand etc.

And yes I am thick. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Be nice if the forum keeps you logged in too.

I tend to have it open most of the day/night whilst i'm working and playing but if i've not posted for a while it logs me out again.

• edited February 2011
    Be nice if the forum keeps you logged in too. I tend to have it open most of the day/night whilst i'm working and playing but if i've not posted for a while it logs me out again.
    Posted by AcidMan27
     Actually i've now realised why this may not be possible due to our account details being at the top of each page.
  • edited February 2011
    a major improvement for skypoker would be that you can create your own private tables with your friends and also have a friends list so that you can see when they are online.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Bigal118,

This has been mentioned numerous times now and is something we will be incorperating. However, with it being such a big project it will be a number of months before it is available I am afraid.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011
    I will try again
    Following my post 22/1/11 (page 42) still not answered can I suggest the following.

1) Auto top up for Cash. This is a must have it has been mentioned many times and should be standard. Reluctant to play cash again till this is up and running.
    2) Forget late entry to tours not a major issue lol
    3) Table re-sizing. Again this should be standard. Its a pain playing 2 tables in standard view (I don't like the mini view) as no room for a lobby up or anything else. The vast majority of players on here will not be multi screening this is a must have IMO.
    4) Synchronized breaks for Tourneys. I would like to multi tour but wont as need a screen break every hour. Again I feel this is a must have.
    5) Some £7 -£8 tourneys would be nice, see last post.
    6) Intro of 35/70 blind levels, see last post.
    I know I have added some on lol.

Thanks Ray
  • edited February 2011

500/1k blind level in every tournament.

400/800 to 600/1200 is too big a jump

10xbb becomes less than 7 bigs.......
  • edited February 2011
    SO SICK OF THIS SITE DEALING RIVER BAD BEATS TO ME ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I AM JUST THE UNLUCKIEST GUY IN THE WORLD OR WHAT.IN A SESSION OF 2 HOURS I LOST WITH 4 POCKET PAIRS AGAINST 2 UNDER CARDS EVERY TIME TO RIVER BEATS AND LOST WITH STRAIGHTS TO A RIVERED FLUSH AND SO ON. GETTING SO SICK OF IT NOW BECASUE I ALWAYS SEEM TO ENTER POTS AHEAD WITH ALL THE CHIPS IN AND THE FISH ON THIS SITE NEVER SEEM TO MISS. IS IT JUST ME THIS IS HAPPENING TO?
  • edited February 2011
    500/1k blind level in every tournament. 400/800 to 600/1200 is too big a jump 10xbb becomes less than 7 bigs.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 long over due.
  • edited February 2011

played tourney other nite won entry 2 11 pound entry 5 pound bounty played realy well never won one bounty but went 2 chip leader hit 2 aces before flop lost ok hit 2 queens before flop lost ok hit 2 8s before flop lost ace jak before flop lost never doubled up once hands that beat me unreal u say its luk other players tell me its not sky poker its sky joker check histoney cost me 2.ry  4 me jordan hands lost on unreal just would not happen iwill not go away untill get point across if i had won couple of bountys then ok but tourney cost me 2 pound forty entry over 100 in i won it never won a penny joke

• edited February 2011

It's not Jordans fault !!!

lol
  • edited February 2011
    Just a thought, how about rebuy sit n go's, not seen them on any site yet
  • edited February 2011
     for a start i would like it not to be fixed, because in opinion this has got to be the worst of them all for it ,reason for this is the site is only letting the big money spenders win, and not the little fish i have been playing tonight for over 5 hours, and have noticed the same people are winning hands they should not really stand a chance in. one person done this for the whole time i was at the table and he went for £20 to £100 pounds playing 2 and 3, and beating ace king more than once. So if you could could you please let the little fish win sometimes it would be nice. end or rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Hi guys,

In response to a few posts, I can assure you our site is not fixed. We are regulated by the AGCC, details of which are at the bottom of our website. All our hands are produced using random number generators.

Hi a00rock-Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.
    The auto cash up suggestion is a valid one, however, this kind of thing requires a major update on our site and therefor could not be implented until we have a site upgrade. I will let you know if this is due to happen in the near future though.
    The table re-sizing was changed on the last upgrade to sizes that were popular at the time. Due to the use of flash etc on our tables, these are deemed to be the best sizes for our poker players.
    Most of our tournaments have a scheduled break every hour which seems to be popular amongst players I am afraid.
    Due to budget etc our tournaments are currently set to give our players the optimum opportunity to play tournaments with a number of different buy-ins. This means, some buy-in amounts are excluded at the moment. I will pass your query of £7 buy-ins on though so when a new tournament structure is released this could be implemented.

Hi Blankcheck-Thanks for the post. I have passed this suggestion forward to see if this is anything we could do. If this is to be implemented, I will let you know.

Thanks as always,
    Jordan
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry if these have already been mentioned, I havent managed to trawl through all 45 pages of suggestions.

+ Resizable tables

+ Tables that play 9 handed

+ SnG's that play higher than 6 handed

+ SnG with multiple tables, ie 27, 45 entry sit n goes.

+ On demand time banks.

I understand the skypoker community is kind of small in relative terms, but it you create spaces for more players with opportunities for higher ROI Sit and goes, more players may well come.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi everyone ,just new to the site (since xmas) and while i find there are a lot of positives on this site i believe one improvement cud be the payout's or rewards on MTTS. i played 1 a few nights ago with over 360 runner's ...finished in 13th place and basically only won my buy in back. For a begginner and low stakes player like myself i felt quite hard done by, especially after hours of play...and luck lol. Just a suggestion but maybe looking at prize structures ie entry into bigger tourney's for top 25 etc ....thanks :D
  • edited March 2011

I know my posts are banned from public view, although i do think i have served my time and realised my mistakes, But i would not Change a thing on sky you have got it spot on. The main reason i keep coming back is starting chips you give so much value it takes away the bingo player that you get at other sites.

I am registered with 23 other sites and i cannot believe they are still going down the 1500 starting stack route, it just does not give you any "Play Time" thanks sky keep it coming.

PS. Please let me post again i will behave.
    PPS. oh yeh Bounty hunter sit n go why not make them 12 player so you get two full 6 tables more rake for you more in the prize fund for us.
    Michael (scouse1515)

• edited March 2011
    Sorry if these have already been mentioned, I havent managed to trawl through all 45 pages of suggestions. + Resizable tables + Tables that play 9 handed + SnG's that play higher than 6 handed + SnG with multiple tables, ie 27, 45 entry sit n goes. + On demand time banks. I understand the skypoker community is kind of small in relative terms, but it you create spaces for more players with opportunities for higher ROI Sit and goes, more players may well come.
    Posted by theHstar
    Used to have 18 & 30 player sit n go's did not fill up quickly enough for the powers that be.I miss the 35p 30 player bounty hunters :-(.
  • edited March 2011
    I have noticed recently that new players to the site got a £5 tournament entry which has now been raised to a free £10 tournament entry. As someone who (sadly) has to reload more often that i would like (!) it would be nice to get some sort of bonus for doing so.
    Most other sites offer you matched deposits (albeit some with playing requirements) but Sky give you nowt. The software is obviously in place to issue torunament tokens so why not add a tournament token to the value of 10% of any deposit - that way its not actual cash Sky are giving away but it is a reward for keeping on the site.
    I realise that all the winning players wont benefit from this and fingers-crossed i wont have to again either...but i somehow think that even if its a long time in the future, i would at some point!!

* Attenion Sky Suits, if you think it is a feasible idea, feel free to add token to my account anyway!!
  • edited March 2011
    Hi guys, In response to a few posts, I can assure you our site is not fixed. We are regulated by the AGCC, details of which are at the bottom of our website. All our hands are produced using random number generators. Hi a00rock-Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. The auto cash up suggestion is a valid one, however, this kind of thing requires a major update on our site and therefor could not be implented until we have a site upgrade. I will let you know if this is due to happen in the near future though. The table re-sizing was changed on the last upgrade to sizes that were popular at the time. Due to the use of flash etc on our tables, these are deemed to be the best sizes for our poker players. Most of our tournaments have a scheduled break every hour which seems to be popular amongst players I am afraid. Due to budget etc our tournaments are currently set to give our players the optimum opportunity to play tournaments with a number of different buy-ins. This means, some buy-in amounts are excluded at the moment. I will pass your query of £7 buy-ins on though so when a new tournament structure is released this could be implemented. Hi Blankcheck-Thanks for the post. I have passed this suggestion forward to see if this is anything we could do. If this is to be implemented, I will let you know. Thanks as always, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan

Sorry but you are going to say that about your site, yet again i haVE PLAYED TNIGHT AND AM OUT OFF POCKET, im not that bad of a PLAYER to lose every time i play, but on your so called fair site, i have . also i been watching when not palying and the hands that seem to win are the one's that should have been folded pre flop even when someone has raised more than 2 big blinds. I have ben on this site for over a year and i have seen the same people win all the time weather on a cash table or in a tournament, this i see on the tv channel also, so i beleive you know who wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!