You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    id like to c more freeroles !!!! maybe more money ? maybe even use the points rewards system to play better freeroles ! apart from this the site is great !
  • edited November 2010
    Could just be me - but as even those of us who only play one table are doing other things and taking in tables at a fast glance, maybe a blue table with some other colour of cards might be a help??
  • edited November 2010
    maybe a transfer money tab so you could transfer money to freinds or relatives !!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    How about some lovely new avatars am sick of sitting in the dark! :)  and what about a big bad beat sound or a royal flush bonus. x not that i have ever had a royal flush yet but when i do i would like to celebrate!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site?:

I am new, to the site generally, I played on it a few months ago but gave up because of what I dont like, and it still seems to be the same

The ordering doesnt seem to work, i.e. if i want to order by status then I want it to show what is nex by order of statust, which it doesnt.

I can't find anything which says which tournament or table I am on so I ended up in two by mistake.

Having to redo all the options every time I join a table really gets my goat, I mean I have already said I want as options why should i do it every game!
  • edited November 2010
    I totally agree with you on this and would love to know if Sky have even read this & are taking it seriously.In this day & age you can have more variety of crisps than you can Avatars on this site!!In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    How about some lovely new avatars am sick of sitting in the dark! :)  and what about a big bad beat sound or a royal flush bonus. x not that i have ever had a royal flush yet but when i do i would like to celebrate!
    Posted by Msflicky
  • edited November 2010

More realistic please, i have had numerous bad beats here lately and thought its just variance until this last hand where that was an A44 board and i had AJ heads up and i went allin to get called by K9. Turn was 9 river was 9. i was so shocked but it summed up this site for me, happens way too often.

• edited November 2010
    Make the software work with other browsers. My browser of choice is Chrome. With IE my absolute last choice. In fact, I go to all the trouble to uninstall IE on all my PC's. It's only the fact that it had re-infitrated my alptop that allows me to play on SKY.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    More realistic please, i have had numerous bad beats here lately and thought its just variance until this last hand where that was an A44 board and i had AJ heads up and i went allin to get called by K9. Turn was 9 river was 9. i was so shocked but it summed up this site for me, happens way too often.
    Posted by callumtres

I have to agree with you on that one Callum - i have just been done with 97 off suit.  i had aces raised 3000 (4x bb) preflop got called by 97 os!! what comes on the flop?  9 and  9 on the river  - comical x
  • edited November 2010
    a big big big xmas tourney.. with a trip ti vegas as a prize.. with a lot of other good prizes..no cash just top prizes...top 10 go into a hat for a draw. giving the least better player chanch to get a big prize.
  • edited November 2010

Looooool just spent ten mins reading through this thread.

The number of people who suggest an improvement of "stop fixing it" or "get rid of all the donks" is staggering!!!

Maybe I'm to easily amused but I couldn't stop laughin!
  • edited November 2010
    Not having played very long on sky poker I find the comments above relating to HH and time bank favourable, I play a lot of double ups sng and what infuriates me is that some players buy in and sit out the entire game and in some games double up simply because the other players play normal. (In mtt's I can understand that there may be ppl who just cant make the time for one reason or another) It happens in the freerolls too, so how about putting a time limit on sit outs?? There is another site which if you dont play within (I think its 10 BB's ) you are excluded from the game, as I found out to my cost after I was called away for 20 mins.
  • edited November 2010
    SLOW PLAY

the biggest improvement that Sky can make is to eliminate slow play. There is nothing worse than sitting on a table when everyone is timing out and then betting. I actually timed a hand today and it took the table 3 minutes to play a hand. Not only is this ridiculous it is rude.

May I suggest that you drastically reduce the timer and provide a time bank. If anyone needs time then that is fine but no one needs the full amount of time just to fold. I would also suggest that the pre flop timer is reduced even more, that way when people ignore or afk then they are taken out of the equation fast!!

Sorry to moan about this but i can play 6 tables and rarely need the time limit unless i really am caught up in a big decision whilst another table pops,

I look forward to hearing from you and maybe its only me who is annoyed and the rest of the players do not find this an issue.

Thank you :-)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site? : Some good points there silentbob.  More detailed Hand History functionality is due to be launched in the very near future; with further HH developments to follow on.  Omaha is on the development roadmap also, but there are a number of other items that we'd like to improve or upgrade with the existing site, before introducing new games.  The time bank question is also something we are aware of.  One of the considerations in televising the Open, is the need to get the tournament completed within the programme time frame.  Increasing the time bank available might require us to speed up the structure to finish before coming off air.  Not sure how you guys would view that?
    Posted by Sky_Des
    If a tourney is unable to finish before the programme has finished could sky not keep the final table on the TV so we can watch the end of it.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : if you look top left of window click options and highlight betting sounds and chip sounds that should solve it
    Posted by chaseDace
    i tried the option for sounds but it still doesnt work ...i have no problem on other sites
  • edited November 2010
    I would like to see the program changed so it does not favour highest chip stack, Thats so anoying. Also would like to be able to play in full screen mode. A dealer voice would also make it a bit more interesting..
  • edited November 2010
    I would like to see the program changed so it does not favour highest chip stack, Thats so anoying. Also would like to be able to play in full screen mode. A dealer voice would also make it a bit more interesting..
    Posted by GeordnShe

LOL
  • edited November 2010

TOO SLOW!!!!!
    TAKES AGES TO LOAD A GAME

• edited November 2010
    I'd like to see how the integrity of the gaming is maintained. We've all heard people crying incredulously about the outcome of a hand. Personally, I'm constantly amazed about how often the river fundamentally changes an outcome. All I'd like to know is what are the mechanics behind how the cards are dealt and are there any external audits?

I think this should hold true for all sites, not just Sky.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd like to see how the integrity of the gaming is maintained. We've all heard people crying incredulously about the outcome of a hand. Personally, I'm constantly amazed about how often the river fundamentally changes an outcome. All I'd like to know is what are the mechanics behind how the cards are dealt and are there any external audits? I think this should hold true for all sites, not just Sky.
    Posted by lepoisson
    The certifying company can be found HERE

The RNG certification is HERE
  • edited November 2010
    Thank you an interesting read.
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : The certifying company can be found HERE The RNG certification is HERE
    Posted by Machka
  • edited December 2010

The best thing about the site is the general consenus that we are all still trying to learn, one of the ways I do this is by review hands I played well and hands I played badly but the hand history is pretty awful - especially if you are trying to find hands at a later date.  Unless i'm doing it wrong you just have to keep hitting details, see if that was the one you're after then keep looking if it's not.

If you could post hands to your own profle from within the table that would be great, you could start to see if there are any particular trends and spot where your going wrong.  Some kind of link through would help you build up a learning guide and also help people wanting to post hands on the forum or poker clinic.

Matt aka LamiePie

• edited December 2010
    I'd like to see how the integrity of the gaming is maintained. We've all heard people crying incredulously about the outcome of a hand. Personally, I'm constantly amazed about how often the river fundamentally changes an outcome. All I'd like to know is what are the mechanics behind how the cards are dealt and are there any external audits? I think this should hold true for all sites, not just Sky.
    Posted by lepoisson

online poker is rigged, everyone knows this
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Every few months I tend to take a look here hoping for improvements in the software.

A downloadable client! At last!

Yet it still doesn't allow me to maximise to a full screen view. I've got 1920 pixels by 1200 on my monitor - why can't I use them?

Come on guys this is 2010, not 1995. Sky Poker has a unique hook with the TV coverage. It could corner a substantial part of the UK market, but when your software lags behind the competition you are just going to continue to wither and die.
  • edited December 2010
    sky poker should be like other sites by providing fre play/practice tables with free chips and refreshed when run out no need to make a real cash deposit to qualify for free chips
  • edited December 2010
    sky poker should be like other sites by providing fre play/practice tables with free chips and refreshed when run out no need to make a real cash deposit to qualify for free chips
    Posted by morbius
    Welcome to the forum Morbius.  For free play games go to the Cash lobby and click on the free play tab.

Good luck at the tables.
  • edited December 2010
    Auto reload pleeeaassseee
  • edited December 2010
    ever since downloading sky to my desktop it keeps freezing during games
    nothing wrong with my pc brand new
    starting to annoy me as its costing me money please get it sorted
  • edited December 2010
    Get a decent RNG