You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    It seems the account history page has changed again. I really liked the summary page that was in place until yesterday. I liked that it showed start time for each table and profit or loss -  seemed much more useful than what is available now showing money in/out.
    Anyone else agree or care about this?
  • edited August 2010
    i would make it easier to spend your poker points dont even know how to spend them  (angigangix)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    How about the option to make the screen bigger for those of us with old eyes !! and the text a little bigger as well so i can read all those insults :0)
    Posted by TOPOPTIONS
    If you have internet explorer go to view, zoom to make it bigger
  • edited August 2010
    for me i would like to see more freerolls and tournaments for use of ur poker points. also i would like different game variation as my fav is omaha and their just isn't enough of them. wat i would really like are more tables of 10 players. i originally played ladbrokes ages ago and the 10 player tables were more competative. the main thing for me is a time bank as sometimes u get into a tough position and before u know it the bars near the end and u hav to hurry ur decision which is usually a wrong one. also i wish in these august freerolls and others to come that people who are away for more than 10 minutes are eliminated becasue that ruins the game.
    Posted by Voo7hees
    i TOTALY AGREE WITH YOU, SITTING OUT SPOILS THE GAME & SHOWS NO INTEREST BY THOSE PEOPLE!

• edited August 2010
    for me i would like to see more freerolls and tournaments for use of ur poker points. also i would like different game variation as my fav is omaha and their just isn't enough of them. wat i would really like are more tables of 10 players. i originally played ladbrokes ages ago and the 10 player tables were more competative. the main thing for me is a time bank as sometimes u get into a tough position and before u know it the bars near the end and u hav to hurry ur decision which is usually a wrong one. also i wish in these august freerolls and others to come that people who are away for more than 10 minutes are eliminated becasue that ruins the game.
    Posted by Voo7hees

i AGREE
  • edited August 2010
    Hi All

I'm sure most players wonder just how many sky poker players make a profit over say 1 year. My guess is only about 5% of players do! This means 95% of us ( Including me! ) are in fact losers! Normally these figures are guarded secrets by gambling businesses. I think its in everyones interest to know just who these players are so that 95% of us can avoid them ( i.e. Professional players ) like the plague! What do you Think?
  • edited August 2010
    Would like to see some 10 MTT tournaments with TV analysis. This would allow us to get experience, advice and practise for most live events.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Hi All

I'm sure most players wonder just how many sky poker players make a profit over say 1 year. My guess is only about 5% of players do! This means 95% of us ( Including me! ) are in fact losers! Normally these figures are guarded secrets by gambling businesses. I think its in everyones interest to know just who these players are so that 95% of us can avoid them ( i.e. Professional players ) like the plague! What do you Think?

There are sites that monitor this not sure on the rules about posting outside links (if I get a steer from a mod will post link). But I use a site that allows 5 free lookups a day and this gives one a rough idea of how much other people are winning losing and a simplistic guide on their current form. Do an internet search.
  • edited August 2010
    Keep the freeroles on this site, very popular and im sure its both rewarding to the customer and skypoker with the way people mcan rebuy for a smaller amount.
    has everyone else enjoyed this month and hope it continues!
    also if people are not logged in for the first half hour then they should be removed from the game as that would help speed up the game
  • edited September 2010

Any chance you impove your server or bandwidth keep losing connections in the last few days in cash games and multi tables and i know for sure there are no problems on my connection or my computer.

• edited September 2010
    I enjoyed the August freerolls. I deposited more money in August because of the freerolls than i did for the four month before this.

Therefore i think that you should bring in the freerolls permanant, No points to qualify just rebuys.

Thankyou hope you will try to bring in freerolls A.S.A.P
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all

I think there is a business case for SKY to introduce points based freerolls for 'Sit N Go' and for 'tournaments'. I know many players amass huge numbers of points but then find no reasonable way to use them (eg. 2-3 hrs play to earn 40p for instance is not everyones cup of tea ).
    My idea is to have freerolls with varying levels of entry say 100,500,1000,2000 etc so that for the high rollers the free rolls are confined to fewer players but the rewards would be pro rata to the points used to enter the Sit n Go or tourney. I am certain that Sky would increase numbers playing throughout the site and hence their revenue because more people would WANT to earn points to play in more worthwhile FR competitions. Free rolls just once or twice a day is just not enough and doesnt help SKY promote their business.
  • edited September 2010
    bigger tables ,,works 4 me  9 or 10 player,, time limit increased.. no way.. 15 second time clock   ????????  the pros of this world would consider that speed poker....imagine what the top players on sky would do with 30 seconds,,,improve the site..just silly stuff ...more avatars.... and a good affordable , well payed tourney on a sunday night.....talkin about £5, get the whole site involved, 6 / 7 hour 
  • edited September 2010
    Hi All I'm sure most players wonder just how many sky poker players make a profit over say 1 year. My guess is only about 5% of players do! This means 95% of us ( Including me! ) are in fact losers! Normally these figures are guarded secrets by gambling businesses. I think its in everyones interest to know just who these players are so that 95% of us can avoid them ( i.e. Professional players ) like the plague! What do you Think?
    Posted by ACHILLES
    go to sharkscope.com, gives profit margins for all internet poker players with regards to their tournament play, this includes sit n go's. does not have analysis of cash games tho but is still v useful
  • edited September 2010
    Cant seem to find if you can do this or not, but I would like to be able to create a sit and go private table and invite only my friends.

I would like to be able to choose my game style each time (i.e bounty hunter, double your money, scary etc.)
    I should be able to set the start time, blind times, how many players etc.

I dont think you can but If you can already do this, can you show me where please?
  • edited September 2010
    Hey there buey

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately at the moment you can't set up your own invite only tables although I do believe that I read somewhere previously that this may possibly be implemented at a future date.
  • edited September 2010

I dont know why late registration for tourneys is not allowed - for say first half hour. I've more than once missed the start time by a few seconds/minutes.
    Seems like Sky is costing itself money and not as if lots of the smaller tourneys get many runners.

• edited September 2010
    Does anyone ever listen to this thread??

I have said before that i would like a monthly prize tournament i think it would be popular if promoted.say £5/£10 to enter.

electrical stuff poker goodies to win etc etc like the santa sack tourney.

come on sky give it a try!! 
  • edited September 2010
    Hi guys,

Sorry about the delay in replying here! It is now my duty to keep a look out on this particular thread. I will be updating the way we deal with these queries soon also so keep a look out.

So for now I will answer some of your questions:

Bluey: I am afraid we cannot provide you with your own private tournaments, however you and all your friends should be able to find a Sit N Go tournament for you all to join, however you won't be able to choose your buy-in etc unfortunately.

simonnatur: It is something we have looked into, however, we felt that late registrations were unfair to people who have already bought in so, for now, this will not change.

FINS: We regularly run monthly tournaments with prizes like you have mentioned. We did one during the World Cup, we had the August Freeroll and we have the Sky Poker Premiership starting on the 20th September. Click here if you have'nt already registered: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/premiership

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    I think sky poker could do with its own software, so that the poker ware is more compatible.  Also I think being able to exchange points for merchandise like T Shirts, baseball caps ect would be good, I have a pokerstars hoodie and cap, 2 full tilt T Shirts and a cap, a party poker cap, a blue sq cap, I rather enjoy wearing clothes for the site I am playing on at any point in time. 
    Other things the bigger sites have that I think would be good additions;
    Time Bank - Limit it if you have to so you only get 2x 60 seconds a day (we all get in those tough spots where we need more time and sometimes make the wrong move because we run out of time)
    Disconnect protection - limit this to 2 a day to stop abuse of it
    Late Reg for tourneys - limit it to the first couple of blind levels though (point taken above but still think it’s needed)
    Avatars - That actually represent the player or the players own choice picture
    Points - Being able to directly exchange points for buy ins into tourneys or sit and go's
    Table sizes - You need to be able to get 4 equally sized tables on the screen this might fit in with sky getting its own dedicated software

• edited September 2010
    Can we please change the maximum buy in amount for the 5p/10p cash tables??

On every other site unless it's specifically a shallow or deep stack table the maximum buy in is 100bb so why do we allow people to buy in for £20!!! If I wanted to sit down at a cash table with £20 I'd play the 10p/20p tables.

As an alternative suggestion for those that actually like to buy in for this amount, could you not do the same as the 2p/4p tables & have maybe 2 tables that allow £20 max buy in (obvs the 2p/4p ones are £10 max buy in!)?
  • edited September 2010
    the offer of refunds for when you are cut off from the site with the POOR connection!!!!!!
    a little bit of courtesy please sky, seeing as you know of this persistant problem!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Hi guys,

Thanks again for your suggestions.

KKarlos93: We used to give away T-Shirts, baseball caps etc as part of the Cash for Points promotion but it was not very popular among players. I will pass this on to our marketing department though and see what they say.
    As for our own software, it is something that has been discussed, yet, at the moment it is not seen as a justifiable addition at the moment. Don't rule it out in the future though!
    We constantly look at updating the Avatars on site so you may see new ones shortly.
    Once a player has registered for a tournament, we do not have the means to kick them out from our system, it must be done by the player themselves I am afraid.

silentbob: I have passed your suggestion on to our poker management team and I will get back to you shortly with their response. Cheers.

4s_r_us: There are currently no issues with our connection. We only offer refunds if there is a connection error from our end (or sometimes as a goodwill gesture) It may be an idea to click here and check your system is fully compatible: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/getting-started/connection-problems (click on the 'Connection Problems' tab on the left.)

Thanks again.
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Jordan and all,

Started playing sky poker a bit more recently (I used to play a lot on other sites) and I have to say the biggest attraction for me is it NOT being compatible with poker tracker 3 etc. Tracking software is a lazy mans' tool and the reason for me that so many 'average' players play better games as they dont have to pay as much attention to reading players when the software calculates a lot for them. So for me, having a downloadable sky poker programme would be a shame.

HOWEVER, that aside, there are 2 improvements I would love to see made -
    1. More leniency with 'sitting out'. When I multi-table 6 tables (easy on other sites, not so much here, but thats ok), from time-to-time I get timed out. It doesn't happen every hand as normally my decision is instant, but occasionally I just miss the fold button in time. What really then winds me up is being sat out for one hand before I can come back. I'm on auto-post blinds and if not in the blinds, I've already paid to be dealt the cards. In isolation this is not much, but it soon starts to add up. I would like to have an option to click to go one full round without action before being sat-out. That way, if you did disconnect it would still only cost 1bb, 1sb, but it would stop the annoyance of having to wait sometimes even 2 hands, then pay an ante, which in the end I just wait for the BB to come round again.
    2.) League Points. Tried playing a few sit n goes this week as well. I understand the league can never hope to be a true test of skill, but why do we award league pts for roulette's? Cash for points is fine as they pay a buy-in, but when you see players at the top of the sit n go league entering loads of roulette's to boost their points (always a neg financial position), it discourages from me from bothering to try and win that competition. I'm not having a dig at those players, because they win lots of sit n go's also, but it doesn't seem right to me. Roulette's have a valid place, but it shouldn't be about winning the league. Oh and finally (I promise!!), DYM's - can we not just split the total pts 3 ways. After 3 have cashed, it becomes a case of those that want the pts just fold, the other 2 go all-in, then they go all-in knowing some points have been assured. I would prefer each cashing player got the same pts - it would seem fairer to me.
    Anyway, thanks for reading! 
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Seaspirt I agree with your 2 points completely I have been kicked off a table when i was only sitting out a few hands while i got a beer from the fridge! The sit and go's on here arent exactly busy at the best of times are they.  However the need for poker ware to be compatible is evident for me, on all the other sites i use poker ware not just to get info on others but also to track my own play, this isnt possible when i play 4 tables at a time without software,  Just my opinion though and i am sure a lot would dissagree with me
    Hi Jordan and all, Started playing sky poker a bit more recently (I used to play a lot on other sites) and I have to say the biggest attraction for me is it NOT being compatible with poker tracker 3 etc. Tracking software is a lazy mans' tool and the reason for me that so many 'average' players play better games as they dont have to pay as much attention to reading players when the software calculates a lot for them. So for me, having a downloadable sky poker programme would be a shame. HOWEVER, that aside, there are 2 improvements I would love to see made - 1. More leniency with 'sitting out'. When I multi-table 6 tables (easy on other sites, not so much here, but thats ok), from time-to-time I get timed out. It doesn't happen every hand as normally my decision is instant, but occasionally I just miss the fold button in time. What really then winds me up is being sat out for one hand before I can come back. I'm on auto-post blinds and if not in the blinds, I've already paid to be dealt the cards. In isolation this is not much, but it soon starts to add up. I would like to have an option to click to go one full round without action before being sat-out. That way, if you did disconnect it would still only cost 1bb, 1sb, but it would stop the annoyance of having to wait sometimes even 2 hands, then pay an ante, which in the end I just wait for the BB to come round again. 2.) League Points. Tried playing a few sit n goes this week as well. I understand the league can never hope to be a true test of skill, but why do we award league pts for roulette's? Cash for points is fine as they pay a buy-in, but when you see players at the top of the sit n go league entering loads of roulette's to boost their points (always a neg financial position), it discourages from me from bothering to try and win that competition. I'm not having a dig at those players, because they win lots of sit n go's also, but it doesn't seem right to me. Roulette's have a valid place, but it shouldn't be about winning the league. Oh and finally (I promise!!), DYM's - can we not just split the total pts 3 ways. After 3 have cashed, it becomes a case of those that want the pts just fold, the other 2 go all-in, then they go all-in knowing some points have been assured. I would prefer each cashing player got the same pts - it would seem fairer to me. Anyway, thanks for reading! 
    Posted by Seaspirit
  • edited September 2010
    I think of myself as a poker purist and therefore rarely play The Open as it is structured in such a way that it's more about who's luckiest rather than who's more skilfull - especially in the latter stages. Since I don't really play The Open though, it doesn't bother me too much whether that structure will need change in order to accomodate the Time Bank, but I do know a lot of players that play it regularly and would not want the structure to be made any quicker than it already is. I think introducing antes to the software is important, but I would not advise it for The Open as, like I've said, I don't think it needs to be made any quicker. The thing with antes IMO is that it's better utilised on 10 seater tables where the blinds don't come around as often because obviously it will increase action. On a 6 handed table with big blinds and no antes there's usually enough action anyway to not need running antes. I do think though that the introduction of antes will be important for the Deep Stack Tournaments. Before I started this reply I had thought of another thing for improvement which I've managed to forget, lol, i'll try and think of it again and post back. @Silentbob: What I mean is, on stars on the opening hand of a tourney, the software doesn't know if the player is at their computer or not, so it will run down the time bank because it is assumed that the player is there. Also, if I went to the toilet after folding a hand, but take long enough so that another hand comes up, the same thing will apply: The software will assume i'm there and run down the time bank for me. Hope that cleared it up?
    Posted by YoungUn

FORGET IT MATE THIS SITE IS SO CORRUPT ITS UNTRUE...WATCH OUT FOR PEOPLE WHO COME FROM PLACES STARTING IN B ..A LOT OF THOSE ARE BOTS ....PUT THERE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY 

• edited September 2010

Have you noticed how the same old faces keep winning, is it because they are computer generated. Playing on here makes you a sad dummy just like me. Get out now, close it down.

• edited September 2010
    Hi Seaspirit/KKarlos93,

Thanks a lot for your posts.

I understand the frustration of being unable to play a hand, however we need to keep to certain time limits, otherwise it causes confusion amongst players and, ultimately, could take twice as long to complete a game, which would be unfair on the rest of the players. I do, however take into account your suggestion and I will pass this forward to see if there is anything we can do to iradicate a situation like yours KKarlos93 (getting a beer is very important when playing poker, I agree!)

Secondly, the league structure has been mentioned on here a few times recently. Unfortunately, as I have posted a few times, it will remain this way for the time being due to the terms and conditions of the league. Don't rule out a change in these in the future though!!

Hope that helps,

Any questions, just let me know.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Seaspirit/KKarlos93, Thanks a lot for your posts. I understand the frustration of being unable to play a hand, however we need to keep to certain time limits, otherwise it causes confusion amongst players and, ultimately, could take twice as long to complete a game, which would be unfair on the rest of the players. I do, however take into account your suggestion and I will pass this forward to see if there is anything we can do to iradicate a situation like yours KKarlos93 (getting a beer is very important when playing poker, I agree!) Secondly, the league structure has been mentioned on here a few times recently. Unfortunately, as I have posted a few times, it will remain this way for the time being due to the terms and conditions of the league. Don't rule out a change in these in the future though!! Hope that helps, Any questions, just let me know. Cheers, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Thats a fair point - but as a suggestion what about having a 'reduced time' bar. Almost always when I get timed out it, it is by a millisecond that I miss it - normally I pressed the fold/call/raise button and then get a msg telling me the action was out of time due to other table action. If we had a special yelllow time bar (like the red longer time bar for disconnections) that kept you in the game but with half the time, until you clicked an action button (fold,check etc) that should be fairer for everyone. It would allow full posting of blinds for 2 complete rounds (giving the chance for beer/loo breaks) without reducing a game to 5 handed, still would provide safety for people that do get disconnected but also create value for remaining players as they could steal that extra blind, while allowing multi-tablers to carry on without missing hands and ultimately a full round from time to time.

Also, as a quick question - I understand the rule about not taking money from a table and reducing down to table maximum, but how come this is allowed when heads-up?

Many thanks for your response
  • edited September 2010

I would like the table to load up automatically seating takes place. At the moment I have to click on a pop up to take me to the table. Sometimes the Tournement details obscures this or I may be working on something else waiting for the table to fill.

Many times I have missed the start of a game because of this.

Shouldn't be too hard to rectify.

Thanks