You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Definitely need a time bank (requestable)
  • edited June 2010

My biggest gripe is with players on cash tables who have lost their stack are allowed to sit on the table when they have no intention of topping up, keeping players on the waiting list waiting too long.
    When they have lost their stack they should be offered the chance top up with 30 seconds to say yes or no. If no they should be removed from the table. Then others may play more when the site is busy.

• edited June 2010
    allow the use of hold em manager on your skin, auto top up, min 50bb tables
  • edited June 2010

I would like us to be able to upload our own avatar so we can all look different!, also would be nice to be able to host our own tables private games with password.
  • edited June 2010
    Any chance of making the playing frame scrollable or re-sizeable so that it can be used on an 11.1 netbook without having to use the mini-view version?

Cheers, David
  • edited June 2010
    Can anyone reccomend some way i can speed up the performance of the site ? It becomes very slow when i multi table 3 or more. My laptop is high spec so shouldnt struggle and my connection is good. Just seems to be a prob with Sky poker as far as i can see.

Cheers,

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    In omaha you MUST use 2 of your 4 hole cards and three from the board,them the rules sorry.In the more section top right look for poker school lot of good imfo on games gl.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Id get decent CS, sent an email on Monday re my sign up bonus its now Thursday and no reply or bonus. Nothing by tomorrow at the latest and its bye bye skypoker
    Posted by MrWang
    Hey MrWang,

I have had a look into your account - and can see that you opened it in February but didnt start playing till April. This is where the problem stems from.

I have added your Poker Points from April and May (totalling 1057) and will credit you with the £50 Welcome Bonus as a goodwill gesture.

Cheers :-)

Daniele
  • edited June 2010
    get rid of rebuys on £2.30 BH tournaments. the get weird enough play without the rebuy, just think how crazy the play would get when you can push 23o and just rebuy when you lose. bad decision skypoker.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? :  :-) Daniele
    Posted by Sky_Dannip
    Would it be improper of me to suggest that getting Daniele in front of the camera, rather than administering the refer a friend campaign, would be a great improvement to the site?  ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to BINGO PLAYERS WHO NEVER FOLD AND SIT AT.50/1 TBLE WITH £12:
    Is it just me are does it seem like there are to many bad beats on the turn and river on this site, even the nuts on the flop doesnt hold up most times. you also get people sitting at high stake tbles with like £12-15 and just bingoing all in and never folding which always leads to a bad beat when u call with KK and he has A7 with 645 flop and 3 on turn its just abit of a joke why let someone sit at .50/1 tble with that much should be like £ 50 min buy in .
    Posted by Kerrigan90
    Why don't we introduce a bad beat section?

just a thought!!!

x
  • edited June 2010
    The customer service team on this site are a joke. They are rude, ignorant and insulting.

How about a change in personnel? The site is decent, the range of games and tournaments are good but customers are treat like dirt when it comes to the customer service team.
  • edited June 2010
    The customer service team on this site are a joke. They are rude, ignorant and insulting. How about a change in personnel? The site is decent, the range of games and tournaments are good but customers are treat like dirt when it comes to the customer service team.
    Posted by daveydavey
    I have to agree. I've spoken to customer services a couple of times now and have left both times with a bitter taste in my mouth. also seems to take forever to even get in contact with anyone of them.
  • edited June 2010
    lower pots seem to be more frequently advertised on sky now. For example the 8.45pm bounty hunter is now down to £200 from £500 a few weeks ago. Are there less players now on Sky poker joining these events?
  • edited June 2010
    lower pots seem to be more frequently advertised on sky now. For example the 8.45pm bounty hunter is now down to £200 from £500 a few weeks ago. Are there less players now on Sky poker joining these events?
    Posted by gingerlama
    This has been my number 1 site for over a year now although I do still play others. Unfortunately, as some one stated earlier, my connection for some reason is appalling - only on this site.

My 2nd point is what is going on with the tourneys??? Every tourney has seemingly been reduced from a prize money point of view with the added 'rebuy+add on' feature. The velocity??? Has that gone for good?? The 11.10pm  Velocity?? now £300 I think with a rebuy. There just seems less players than ever.

The ever decreasing prize money is making me play on various other sites where buy ins are cheaper and prize money is on another planet compared to here. It is a shame because I do like the site but it just isn't value anymore.

Sorry for the 'depressing' post guys

Paul
  • edited June 2010
    Get rid of all the rebuys; no one plays any tournaments anymore!
  • edited July 2010
    Come on keep the pro mo's and freebee's coming.thx a mill
  • edited July 2010
    Bring back proper freerolls,none of  this 3min blinds re-buy shove and hope tournaments.Or at least give us some choice,mix them up all or nothing is not the way to go imo.
  • edited July 2010
    to improve the site.......

1 .... some of us play more than one site ...... this one does my head in ..... stop logging me out ..... if you reg for a torney ..... but are in active for 20 o 30 mins you seem to get logged out ..... i know you will say thats a security protection ...... but not a single other poker site does this ..... if you want to keep it give us an option so we can select a time limit ...... im sick to death of registering for a toney ... then get distrackted buy browsing the web or playing an other site to find ive beed logged out buy you and find ive missed the first 3o mins of a torney or been blinded out compleatly

2 more 9 or 10 seater tables...... and show some on TV ,,,,, but i know this rages on

3 give us the option to show one or both cards to a table when you have won uncontested

4 give us a HI LO omaha free roll once a week

5 get rid of the ativars and give us a box to put our picture in

Andy bee rant over
  • edited July 2010

is it possible to have tables you adjust the size to whatever suits you e.g you push- pull from the edge with cursor? , cant stand mini view

• edited July 2010
    Some sort of optional limiter on what levels you can play, like the cool off function where you can stop yourself playing but for specific levels to aid bankroll management... I decided late last week I'd start off with £10.. play 30p/55p and 60p sit n go's and when I get to 50 buy-ins for the next buy-in up, I'd raise the stakes. But 2 or 3 dodgy beats in a row and variable odd's rattle round in my head, and its off to a higher stake to attempt to keep the trend going up, because surely I can't lose 4 in a row?! So far I've been lucky and won both of the higher staked games I've played, but the whole point of leaving 50bb's is to allow for a bad streak of beats.. I am certain I'm not alone when it comes to very poor bankroll management! as it is so easy to enter a STT that only requires one more player to start, and while entering thinking if I win this I'm back on course towards my target.. If some whiz could come up with a very complex function that only allows you to play in games that you set yourself for a period of time, or until you reach a number in your bankroll, I'm sure I would and everyone else interested in serious bankroll management would be grateful! for example.. if I decide I only want to play at 60p or below levels for 4 weeks unless my bankroll = £57.50 (50 1.15 buy-ins).. it becomes impossible for me to play games above 60p for 4 weeks, unless my bankroll is sufficient enough to move up to the next level!  A lot to ask for possibly a little problem but would help the fight the greedy side in most of us and promote better bankroll management on the site 
    Posted by cummins

possibly the best idea on this entire post! i know some people will say, if your not good at bankroll management then you dont really deserve to make money playing this wonderful game.. but personally in the heat of the moment very few of us can say that we do not "push" our rolls in attempt to recover losses etc 

personally i used to play skypoker an awful lot but just cant due to the awful server they must have as it is impossible to multi table properly or sometimes even load up one simple 6-handed table.. id love to play regularly again on sky but until they atleast attempt to follow in the potentially overly big footsteps of stars/FT and the like it is impossible. keep the WSOP's going though please as i finally turn 21 this year so next im going all out to qualify.

Good luck all

• edited July 2010
    to improve the site....... 1 .... some of us play more than one site ...... this one does my head in ..... stop logging me out ..... if you reg for a torney ..... but are in active for 20 o 30 mins you seem to get logged out ..... i know you will say thats a security protection ...... but not a single other poker site does this ..... if you want to keep it give us an option so we can select a time limit ...... im sick to death of registering for a toney ... then get distrackted buy browsing the web or playing an other site to find ive beed logged out buy you and find ive missed the first 3o mins of a torney or been blinded out compleatly 2 more 9 or 10 seater tables...... and show some on TV ,,,,, but i know this rages on 3 give us the option to show one or both cards to a table when you have won uncontested 4 give us a HI LO omaha free roll once a week 5 get rid of the ativars and give us a box to put our picture in Andy bee rant over
    Posted by ANDYBEE
    Here here totally agree with all points and would like to add 1 more get rid of the charge for rebuys no other site charges so why should sky get away with it. Charge 10% on entry only.
  • edited July 2010
    An addition to the forum that would be helpful is if when you scroll over a thread title the first few lines of the first post appear on screen allowing you to get a general idea of what it's about at which point you can decide to click on it or not.
  • edited July 2010
    I would like it if you could set up your own private poker table to friends on line at a arranged time and buy in?
  • edited July 2010
    1. Resizeable windows - its a must, should b a priority, i think its vector graphics or something, cant be that hard to for the coders to implement

2. More tournaments - i think there should be 2-3 tourneys (not bounty/speed etc) just regular starting every 15 mins, or have a system like on other sites where as soon as 27, 45, or 90 ppl register it starts

3. More options to spend poker points - i got like 10000 points n i refuse to spend them until something decent comes up for them, mayb like a £1000 freroll for 500 points or something, or a points shop or something

4. More 10 seaters - wouldnt mind seeing more 10 seater tourneys, especially throughout the day

• edited July 2010
    Why does the game not automatically load. I have not played on this site for ages and recently the few games I have played I have mised the first couple of games as I have founf you need to load the game manually!  I do not enjoy playing on this site anymore anyway!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Not 100% sure but it COULD be that you have a popup blocker running which is preventing the tables from automatically opening.  I'm on IE and my popup blocker settings are under tools, not sure about other browsers settings though, sorry.

I hope that once your table opening problems are solved it will improve your enjoyment of the site.
  • edited July 2010

change the system so you dont get beat on the river so many times when you are infront , i know its part off the game but its terrible on sit and gos it seams to be every time i dont think i will be playing this site again

• edited July 2010
    how about some bounty hunter games and tournaments in free play,i think allot ov people would luv them including me :). what do u think presenters gd idea or bad
  • edited July 2010
    It would be good if the window the table is in jumps to the front of the screen or maybe some kind of audio indicator when your attention is required at the table.