You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    better hand history for MTT as how are players meant to improve if they cant see where they lost their chips. On stars you can download and print the whole tournament off see each hand and how it was played out, you only see the cards if shown at the end.

would be a great improvement

it might stop the donks pushing with A rag (then again would they read it)
  • edited April 2010
    I have 9000 poker points and feel very :( that I've earned them but there's nothing I can do with them.
  • edited April 2010
    sky is a gr8 site and i cant take that away, but yet again its got loads of money invested init. every one has heard of sky somewhere or there.
    but skypoker is gr8 to be part of.
    and if i was running the site. i would look maybe at the freerolls. or crediting more unfortunate players instead of helping the more experienced players out. they dont need much help to earn a little more cash. so if we could have more freerollls. and more money for less unfortuante players that would be great.

please reply so i know my post is getting looked and through to someone who can change it..
    cheers
    julie
  • edited April 2010
    have sky poker considered the idea of having a downloadable client??
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    have sky poker considered the idea of having a downloadable client??
    Posted by natedog3kg

The sooner the better I hope.

Alsp once you  get within 10% of the bubble on a tourney can we have play for play at the tables to try to stop people running the clock down?
  • edited April 2010
    when playing tourneys why cant we have a game where the entrance is say 100 poker points and the prize money is hlf decsent instead of all these 10point tourneys
  • edited April 2010
    I have 9000 poker points and feel very :( that I've earned them but there's nothing I can do with them.
    Posted by Legjobb
  • edited April 2010
    what about snap and go fish or hearts to lmao
    Posted by EX_POACHER

PMSL

• edited April 2010
    +

Some time ago the format for hand history  was in my view excellant, one could quickly see what happened in the last few hands if you missed something or felt agrieved. It also showed very quickly exactly what cards are popping up more frequently, which was a profitable piece of information, this is  muuch harder now as you must go into each hand ind and interferes with your game. Before one could see the last 8 hands  and would really wish that this format be reviewed and replaced as I just cannot see what advantage the new format offers. The old addige of if its not broken dont fix it, i would  welcome  the reasons,benefits  and thinking behind the change .

Thankyou,

Melvyn Wrigglesworth (FANNYHILL)
  • edited April 2010
    I do not think the hands represent real poker hands, six players in a tournament can all be dealt great hands so they all bet in.  It would be a great improvement to the site if this was addressed as eventually people will stop playing.
  • edited April 2010
    As on other sites, totally free Bankroll Boosters held say twice every early evening (ie no Points entry fee). Limited to 500 paying top 10. 1st @ £5 to 10th @ 50p. Would get new players in particular used to large fields + quick levels + learning to cope with aggressive plays etc.
  • edited April 2010

i think that we should be able to do deal making once in the last 20 players.

WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK ?

STU

• edited April 2010
    When I play in a cash game & need to leave it for whatever reason!
    I find that I can't. I press the red X & I leave the game.
    But then a pop-up appears telling me I am in an active cash game!
    I press cancel it disapears only pop straight back up again continuiosly!
    I have to close down the entire site to get out so as to play something else
    or go onto the internet or whatever it is I need to do. WHY?
    Can it be changed or is it me not doing things right?
  • edited April 2010
    When I play in a cash game & need to leave it for whatever reason! I find that I can't. I press the red X & I leave the game. But then a pop-up appears telling me I am in an active cash game! I press cancel it disapears only pop straight back up again continuiosly! I have to close down the entire site to get out so as to play something else or go onto the internet or whatever it is I need to do. WHY? Can it be changed or is it me not doing things right?
    Posted by ejfg
    Hi ejfg

When you want to leave a cash game rather than clicking the red x to close the table screen you need to click on the "stand" button. In the top left hand corner of the table screen there are 3 buttons. They are options, lobby & stand. Once you click the stand button you'll get a message pop up in the chat box telling you that you'll leave your seat at the end of the current hand. Once the hand is over & you've left your seat the stand button then says exit. If you click on it it will close the screen down.

The problem with just clicking the red x is that is doesn't actually stand you from your seat, it only closes that screen down.

Hopefully that all made some kind of sense.
  • edited April 2010
    Why is it that when I log on to the tournaments view, the final column showing the time that the tournament starts isn't able to be shown properly..??
    It's most annoying as the view cuts off the final minutes column, so the start time cannot be read ! (I cant seem to be able to see any other facilities where I can increase the view of each column)
    - Can this improvement be done - soooon please - it drives me nuts !
  • edited April 2010
    Ditch the browser.  Arguing it's a plus point on the site is silly and outdated.  There have been too many problems with it in my experience.  This is just my opinion though.
  • edited April 2010
    For me I think the most important improvements needed are better HH and use of a time bank, but the time bank should only be used when requested. Hate playing on Stars when someone isnt at the computer for whatever reason during the tourney and the software lets his 60 second time bank go down... pretty frustrating. I would also love to see some Omaha around sooner rather than later, I've heard it's in the pipeline which is really good news.
    Posted by YoungUn
    I agree with you about the 'away' merchants....very frustrating.   I would like to see a rule brought in where any player 'away' for 5 consecutive hands is removed from the tournament.   It is remarkable how many times the player picks up a good hand just as their 'away' status is changed....only to be 'away' again next hand !!   They should stick to watching football !!
  • edited April 2010
    I think people who play the longest hours should be rewarded
    BMG!
  • edited April 2010
    stop robbing me would be a good improvment how some one can have this many bad beats is beyond me
  • edited April 2010
    It would be useful if the size of the cards were increased and or you could make the table full screen.
    To have option of different sounds as this can start to grate after a while.
  • edited April 2010
    Heres a Request Rich,
    Could we have a "stand" button that stands you before you pay the next blind not at the end of the hand. The reason being that obviously you want to leave a table before you pay your blinds otherwise there is four free hands to see but then in the excitement you miss the fact that you should have stood hence your in for another round, also someone could stand before you and once again your in the blinds so this, although only a small tweak would be much appreciated.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited April 2010
    what if they had a time bank like on full tilt were u have your 15 seconds and a button if u need more time.
  • edited April 2010
    is there going to b a software u can download for sky poker because my computer struggles with the adobe player misses things out like the fold button half of the time and i cant multi table. it would b nice if there was a software u could download to make the eperiance a little faster and more enjoyable. 
  • edited April 2010
    just reguarding some of the chat that goes on guy lost the other night and then said i will kill u not very pleasent
  • edited April 2010
    just reguarding some of the chat that goes on guy lost the other night and then said i will kill u not very pleasent
    Posted by greatfun

Sky have the ability to chat ban people if they are reported. It is up to the Sky Poker community to police itself somewhat and report anything you find personally offensive. I assume you report it to customer services giving the details of what has happened but not having had the need so far i am not sure, if you PM Sky Rich he will give you any advice you need

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000 

• edited April 2010
    Rather than having freerolls could we have free rolls instead? I love food :)
  • edited April 2010
    avnt played sky 4 about 3 months  best improvement wud b more playrs  any tme u log on the best opposition is about 1500  (early hours 250 ),peak times 3500  .. open up the site... sky is available in european countries  the mopre the merrier,,, 
  • edited April 2010
    Get an RNG that IS actually RANDOM.This one sooooo obviously just spouts out cards that should hit most.
  • edited April 2010
    Disconnection protection.........

Just flopped a full house when sky disconnected me with no potection just lost a £15 plus pot shouldnt be allowed to happen
  • edited April 2010
    i would like to see 2 things changed.

firstly a warning sound to tell you its your turn to play.

secondly i'd like the game to open to full screen size,so there are no distractions.