You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited February 2010
     like to hear more sound as in winning hand read out,  bets made, like raised, the dealer speaking the actions of the players, also an easier to see hand history 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
      like to hear more sound as in winning hand read out,  bets made, like raised, the dealer speaking the actions of the players
    Posted by A881E
    This is stupid. It's not Pokerheaven.com
  • edited February 2010
    With regard to introduce a friend bonus it would be good if bonus was £25 each plus a further £25 in a head to head to be played fro by referer and friend. would make fro a good bit of banter
  • edited February 2010
    For me I think the most important improvements needed are better HH and use of a time bank, but the time bank should only be used when requested. Hate playing on Stars when someone isnt at the computer for whatever reason during the tourney and the software lets his 60 second time bank go down... pretty frustrating. I would also love to see some Omaha around sooner rather than later, I've heard it's in the pipeline which is really good news.
    Posted by YoungUn
     This site is rubbish it takes ages to get on a table leave a table andthere are not enough tables esp  smaller stakes you have to join a bloody waiting list  what the hell
  • edited February 2010
    Is there any chance that when a player goes all in you could slow down the flop turn and river cards, because they come down so fast sometimes it is hard to see what has happened before the cards are taken away. Im sure i am not the only player who has trouble keeping up with the speed of this part of the game.
  • edited February 2010
    Played in the last few TKO's and find it incredibly frustrating that there are >1200 players but for first 40 odd minutes only a few players present. 

Is there any way you can delist all the players who havent turned up to play? 
  • edited February 2010
    i would like to see more MTT with the option of using the points as another method of buy in as well.
    for example... £2.20 buy in or 220 points 
    i would like to get more value from the points, we can do this by having ring and sit n go games only for the usage of the sky poker points.

• edited February 2010

Hi  i think i have played virtually every poker site that can be played and i feel that sky poker is up there with other sites.

The 2 problems i have with sky firstly i do feel let down with poker point structure you do not get any value for poker points compared 2 other sites i feel these points should be used to enter satelites to premium tournaments or direct buy-ins to £3-£5 tournaments or if you reach a certain amount of points you could get cashback.I like the idea of the monthly league but lets be honest unless you are a high stakes cash player you have no chance ,hence why the select few keep on top of the leaderboard i feel this lets down the average bankroll player that this site caters for, it should be broken down to 3 seperate freerolls Cash ,SitnGo and MTTregardless of the buy in amount, points should be awarded for placing not how much you buy in for!!!!!.
    The other thing i would like to see is more variation in games,diffrent structures,bigger guaranteed pools llets face on other sites you can wake up in the morning and sit straight into 5k-£10k guaranteeds,for instance pkr were offering half price tournies with guaranteed pools in January excellent idea in my opinion.
    On the whole though i do enjoy a bit of sky poker keep up the good work..

• edited February 2010

I strongly believe sky poker could do with chat room admins like bingo rooms have. This would sort out the number of people that seem to use this site more for slangin matches than to play poker. 

It would also help sky to advertise there latest promos and new content more effective. plus you could host chat comps which seem to be all the rage and would help pass the dull time till a playable hand comes up.  

• edited February 2010
    Being able to make it full screen on my laptop would be nice, unless i'm missing something you can't do that?
  • edited February 2010
    the site is well ahead of other BIG NAME sites but it would be good to know what possition you are in whenaver playing tournaments.?  This suggestion MUST be worth a bonus as i feel everyone will agree.Cheers.
  • edited February 2010
    Being able to make it full screen on my laptop would be nice, unless i'm missing something you can't do that?
    Posted by Willsy1968
    Hi Willsy

At the moment you can't make it full screen (probably something to do with the fact it's browser based but I'm no computer expert). I would think (hope?) that this will be possible when the download client is released. The last I heard is that it would be late Feb/early March.
  • edited February 2010
    the site is well ahead of other BIG NAME sites but it would be good to know what possition you are in whenaver playing tournaments.?  This suggestion MUST be worth a bonus as i feel everyone will agree.Cheers.
    Posted by derk2827
    Hi derk

You can currently do this in one of two ways:

1 - You can open up the tournament lobby for whatever MTT/STT you're playing. The downside to this is that in a large field you have to scroll down to find where you are (or at least I do, I don't often see myself at the top of the list!)

2 - In the bottom left of the table screen there are 4 tabs. If you click on the one that says game info (might just be info, but it's the 3rd tab from the left anyway) then it will tell you your current position in the tourney (& will update after every hand).
  • edited February 2010
    Rake
    every site has rake, but the rake taken on hu cash games is extortionate. Just played Hu game 50p £1, won guys buy in of £90 in about 40 mins. Look at my acount which has increased by £34. £56 for sky, and £34 for me. My poker point increase is around 300 points, less than a fiver in effective rakeback.
    If i play on almost any other site, I get 30% rake, and the rake taken by sites is less.
    I cannot see the reason to play for any amount of time on here, and this needs to be rectified if they want to increase the traffic.
  • edited February 2010
    im ready button

would be nice if you could add the im ready button so we dont have to wait 30 sec s for the sng tourneys to begin...

thanks
    toby
  • edited February 2010
    lol @ anyone who really thinks this site is up there with the best sites

this is probably the worst site ive played on

the only good thing is the bad players.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi
    When I was on the Ipoker Network, they had a feature where you could search for a player in the "Find a Player" search and them add them say to your favorites, which they called a "buddies list"
    I was wondering if perhaps sky could adopt a similar feature as in:
    When u search for somebody in Find a Player you can add them too your favorites, and so can search for multiple at a time when you say click on your favorites list...
    I believe this feature would be helpful if you wanted to rail multiple people, and not have to keep typing in search different players and losing track of others, whereas instead you could see all of them in one easily accessible list?
    Thanks
    Chirpy
  • edited February 2010
    most sites have a 
    bad beat jackpot
    royal flush jackpot
    we need to keep up with the times

What do you all think about this???

• edited February 2010
    You must look at the "random" card generator it has now reached the point where no hand is safe. Yesterday I run set into bigger set, it happens but that's twice in less than a week. Then later in the same day i run my KKK into 999, all money in on turn what's the river, you guessed it a 9 for his quads. Last 7 times i get KK an A hits the flop. Today i flop nut flush, turn gives villain quad's. Come on I played poker online for 2 years and only saw quads a couple of times now, they appear with an alarming frequently.

Why is it when all the money goes in the inferior hand wins far more often that it is expected to? I am sick to death of getting my money in as a 90% favourite and getting beat. This is seriously affecting my confidence in the integrity of the site. Your comments would be appreciated, please don't say it's ok because it is not.
  • edited February 2010
    Stien, I can't say I've experienced things as bad as you, but I can understand where you're coming from.

I've seen more quads on Sky Poker than I have three of a kinds...and i have played a lot of hands here.

• edited February 2010
    So i post this go back to the tables and within 5 hands yes again set over set beats me, come on. This is a complete joke.
  • edited February 2010
    Now i'm on tilt so I raise utg with JQh get 3 bet and call oop - how fishy is that? I flop a royal flush he flops a set of aces, come on sky sort it out, its all big hands. Yes i got lucky this once, but its like bingo.
  • edited February 2010
    lololol
    your views will go unheard
  • edited February 2010
    More tables should be available for cash games, sometimes I can be waiting for a while(as well as a few other players on the waiting list).
    This shows us how popular cash tables are especially at the lower levels like the 2/4p and 4/8p tables.

• edited February 2010
    • RAKEBACK!!!!! Why do people play for anything other than micro stakes without any rakeback? Especially when 99% of online poker rooms offer in the region of 30% rakeback? 
    • More value for points!  
    • Points are pretty worthless as they are now.
    • More freerolls.
    • A small time bank (additional 15-30 seconds) that a player can choose to use when needed. Once used, its only refilled after say 5 minutes or 5 hands.
    • Better hand history/downloadable hand history.
    • More 10max tables.
    • More cash tables.
    • Decrease max buy in amount for micro stakes. Its very off putting to play at micro stakes when someone sits down with £10 and calls every hand, every street, and pushes all in on the river.
    • Earlier start times for larger tourny's.
  • edited February 2010
    why is this thread in existence if no moderator posts to inform us things are changing?

typical of this murdoch owned wankbucket
  • edited February 2010
    RAKEBACK!!!!! Why do people play for anything other than micro stakes without any rakeback? Especially when 99% of online poker rooms offer in the region of 30% rakeback?  More value for points!   Points are pretty worthless as they are now. More freerolls. A small time bank (additional 15-30 seconds) that a player can choose to use when needed. Once used, its only refilled after say 5 minutes or 5 hands. Better hand history/downloadable hand history. More 10max tables. More cash tables. Decrease max buy in amount for micro stakes. Its very off putting to play at micro stakes when someone sits down with £10 and calls every hand, every street, and pushes all in on the river. Earlier start times for larger tourny's.
    Posted by WhodaThunk
    Completely agree. In fact this has been suggested previously but (I personally feel) has been ignored. Apparently bigger max buy ins is what the majority of micro stake punters want but I disagree. I play a fair amount of 4/8 & 5/10 cash and hate the fact that someone can sit down at 5/10 with £20. If I wanna play with £20 then I go play 10/20. Besides, as far as I can tell (I only play on 1 other site) every other site has a cash buy in limit of 100BB unless it specifically states it's a deep stack table.
  • edited February 2010
    Thats not true at all.

I use the most popular site in the world and the buyin limit there for micro stakes (.01/.02c) is 250BB.
  • edited February 2010
    i dont know if it's just me, but the site is running SLOW tonight.

not good enough ata ll

get a downloadable client ffs
  • edited February 2010
    Hi all. Is thier a way where you can add friends to a list, so you always know if they are on? Also how about the ability to choose a seat. Makes multitables alot easier as you know which seat you are in all the time.