You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Can we have a bad beats room? The strategy section is clogged with people moaning about suckouts.
  • edited December 2009
    More avatars, or avatars that can be customised.

I often sit at a table with 3 or 4 players all having the same avatar. It gets on my nerves and I switch them off.
  • edited December 2009
    Could it be possible to have next to the profile link something to say that you have a private message in your inbox?

something like.........1 new message
  • edited December 2009
    How about a download version of your site?
  • edited December 2009
    How about getting some bloody reliability and not disconnecting me during games??
  • edited December 2009
    Ibn Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Full screen and earlier MTT's. Both suggestions already posted,but totally agree!
    Posted by joestoes
    Full screen, yes man
  • edited December 2009
    i have not been playing long on sky but there is 2 things that bugs me when playing STT & tournament games especially double your money games, the first are  players who register for a game and then sit out by clicking away and not playing a single hand. many times have i gone out playing the game when i see other people doubling up on their money for sitting out of a game. a way to combat this is to maybe forfeit all of their chips into the next pot if a player has not physicly played a hand for 20 mins and has sat away from the game.
     the other problem is when a hand is dealt and a player has clicked away , they then wait for someone to raise then suddenly clicks i,m back and steps back into the game especially when they have got a good hand, to me thats being dishonest to the other  players and i think that if a player is away when the 2 cards are dealt then their hand should be automaticly be folded and the away button comes off for the next hand so that they can play.
  • edited December 2009
    I am fairly new to the Sky Poker site, but having tried a few other sites previously,
    I would like a button for "Join Table" on the lobby, when "Add to Waiting List" is not available.

Sometimes the table takes so long to load, it is full by the time it has loaded. Very annoying.
    Being able to join a table directly from the lobby with a reserved seat would be helpful,
    or at least being informed then, that other player(s) have taken the available seat(s).
  • edited December 2009
    where has the free play  gone, i have never played ohama poker and would like to have some practice goes
  • edited December 2009
    There should be some Free Play tables open, Paulkings. If you go the Cash > Omaha, there is a Free Play tab there with about half a dozen tables open.
  • edited December 2009

this is the worse site for A aggers on the net if you have A and any card you ALL bet to the turn its like bingo
    you just cant lay a hand down

FOOLs

• edited December 2009
    well if sky wants to improve the site stop messing with it in the first place  the new layout is a mess and  has for the message which keeps flashing up every couple of seconds telling you about the new omaha tounis is a boll ache having to keep pressing the done button this short statement has took me 10 mins to do and has for my self i shall not be coming on this site again WELL DONE SKY
  • edited December 2009
    Like the idea of improved HH. What about being able to see your manhatan?
  • edited December 2009
    Would love to see more evening sats for following evening 8pm games...

OR (AND)

SNG sats for torny tickets

Along those lines anyhowz ((*_*))
  • edited December 2009

I think this site is nearly there. Its got every thing you need to have a good game of poker. So for me its ok i think its fine the way it is thanks

• edited December 2009
    I would like to see an option to hide folded pocket cards.
    At moment the only way to not see them is to let time run out.!!
  • edited December 2009
    could we have acess to lobby in the new lay out you need to open a new window on old lay out could have lobby runing on side of torn and keep track of short stacks ,and large stacks.
  • edited December 2009
    THE OLD GREEN ACTION BUTTONS BACK PLEASE.  OR ANY COLOUR THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE TABLE
  • edited December 2009
    I think the time bank is right but in some sites you have the option of requesting more time which in some situations is right ,but it depends which game you are playing and at what stage u are at in a tourney for example.
  • edited December 2009
    The new layout is too heavy, my pc is not that new but i don't have problems on other sites only here TAKES WAY TOO MUCH TIME TO LOAD, PLZ DO SOMETHING about it asap, Thanks!
  • edited December 2009
    Sky could add some new Avatars or make it posible to upload your own picture, I'm sick of looking at the same ole faces lol :)
  • edited December 2009
    tried to give it time , but prefer the old site navigation wise - looks pretty though
  • edited December 2009
    Firstly many thanks for listening and providing us with Omaha !!! A tip - if people are finding connections slow or in many cases the chat box facility has been really weird with missing text etc. - download Google Chrome and access Sky Poker through there - the problems disappear - it so much faster than the usual Internet Explorer ! 
  • edited December 2009
    Please invest some money in your random dealing generator. I have been playing frequently and I'm sure I'm not suffering from paranoia as the board deals at least three players premium starting hands and then flops a board that all can hit on way too often for coincidence. the other day in the 1130 400 GTD AA was dealt at least 10 or 15 times what are the odds of that happening. I also frequently seem to get dealt the same cards too often or the cards just seem to ciculate around the table. Other people complain of this in the chat box too. Come on SKY I love playing here but lets make it fair for everyone. manasa1
  • edited December 2009
    I would like to see a time bank for omaha
  • edited December 2009
    i have never seen so many bad beats on players before against me and for me,its ridiculous,you just dont see hands like you get on this site in a reel poker game,it leads me to belive its fixed,were playing against a computer not human beings,im quite a good player but playing here makes me feel like a right donkey,cards here are very dogey,just dont see them in reel poker.i understand sky is a buisness,but dont rip us off,at least give us a fighting chance.
  • edited December 2009
    ive played here a while now and enjoy the site..i only wish there were more cash tables as during peak hours it can be very frustrating trying to find any seats.i wish there was a programme that opens new empty tables when all others are full with large waiting lists..it can take up 30mins to get seated in the small blinds levels between 7pm an 10pn.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    I think of myself as a poker purist and therefore rarely play The Open as it is structured in such a way that it's more about who's luckiest rather than who's more skilfull - especially in the latter stages. Since I don't really play The Open though, it doesn't bother me too much whether that structure will need change in order to accomodate the Time Bank, but I do know a lot of players that play it regularly and would not want the structure to be made any quicker than it already is. I think introducing antes to the software is important, but I would not advise it for The Open as, like I've said, I don't think it needs to be made any quicker. The thing with antes IMO is that it's better utilised on 10 seater tables where the blinds don't come around as often because obviously it will increase action. On a 6 handed table with big blinds and no antes there's usually enough action anyway to not need running antes. I do think though that the introduction of antes will be important for the Deep Stack Tournaments. Before I started this reply I had thought of another thing for improvement which I've managed to forget, lol, i'll try and think of it again and post back. @Silentbob: What I mean is, on stars on the opening hand of a tourney, the software doesn't know if the player is at their computer or not, so it will run down the time bank because it is assumed that the player is there. Also, if I went to the toilet after folding a hand, but take long enough so that another hand comes up, the same thing will apply: The software will assume i'm there and run down the time bank for me. Hope that cleared it up?
    Posted by YoungUn
    i totally agree with you on the speed of the open i play my tournys on stars because the structure of them are far better ,when you go deep in a pstars tourny its generaly through good play and not a shove feest.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : I have to agree to a certain extent with the excess bad beats but until we get solid proof what can we really do. Bad beats do happen unfortunately they do run at a higher percentage than is normal on this site which is why I play limited poker on this site. I show a healthy profit on the other sites I play on but rate as a novice on sky but that could be down to the blind structure and the fact that its six handed tables. That said I still have to agree.
    Posted by bigred147
    i play on fulltilt and pstars and never have had so many genuine bad beats as i do on here ,many of my friends have had the same experience. perhaps we should publish our hand histories to show how utter sic some of these are, i dont claim to be agreat player but my bankroll on ft and pstars is very healthy but not here ,so there must be something in it,anyone agree with me?
  • edited December 2009
    I take issue with this idea that there is an excess of bad beats on this site. Alot of the so-called bad beats are just calls made vs the short-stack. There's a tendency to ignore flaws in their own play or how the previous 50 hands and then berate the player who provides the finishing touch to a badly played tourney.