You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    how bout they get a RANDOM number generator..and maybe start rewarding clever plays as opposed 2 rewarding badD calls. also why when i prepress the fold and then sum1 goes all in do i then get the option 2 fold or go all in..illogical captain.
    Posted by philmenow
    i have news for you chap....electronic random number is impossible, electronic dealing is impossible ..ive don the reshearch!
  • edited November 2009
    Any one not sitting down at the start of free roll games should be eliminated straight away to stop players entering and not turning up.Everytime I have played there have been sat playing head to head or against 2 players for upto 25 minutes.
    Posted by grandadrog
    ive beem moaning about sit outs ..or "poker parasites" for yrs chap! Untill they do something about these spoilers, i refuse to deposit! Ive even suffred these muppets in a byin tourney! If they fold 10 hands in a row, they should be booted, the most ive seen is ...125 hands played, this player 125 folds! A bluddy joke! Especially when players fighting for thei chips were kicking each other out ...and this worm got to the cash!
  • edited November 2009
    Sat out on cash games. - set a time limit so players waiting can get onto a game.

I have on more than one occassion tried to get into cash games, but at my level they are full. I join waiting list along with others and sit and wait whilst one or two players at "sat out" for over 5 mins.

I gave up and went and did something less boring instead.

Set a time limit of two minutes. If they need to leave they can join the waiting list when they are ready to play again.
  • edited November 2009
    Errrmmmmm................. Have i stumbled into the wrong thread???? I thought this was site improvments not whinge about getting outdrawn thread????/ a couple of points 1) Outdraws HAPPEN (and we all feel that pain of injustice when they do but do you have to carry it about with you  long enough to write it down on here???). I'll give you a hint ladies and gents.... it's called probability for a reason..... because your probably going to win... not that it's divine mandate that you must. If you are 80% fav to win then all that actually tells you is you are guaranteed to lose 20% of the time 2) If like you all say "it only happens on SkyJoker" then where did the name jokerstars come from??? 3) It does happen live and before you all claim "Not half as often" thats because you only see half the hands lve.....ratios you see :) thats how it works... more hands you play..... more outdraws you will see K ..... k now i've got that off my chest can we please have an exportable hand history that can opperate in conjunction with Poker Tracker.... CHeers SkyJoke......erm Skypoker :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    bullsh!t you aint got a clue pal ...you forget 1 important thing ...if you ahve to ask me what that is ...then you dont deserve to know, my wisdom comes at a price!
  • edited November 2009
    Without trawling through the whole thread, may I suggest the following areas which sky could change: 1.  Re sizeable tables - I often like to play more than one table and only having the option of the normal tables overlapping or the mini view (no chat and a tad too small) is not ideal.  On most of the big sites (stars, party etc) you can re size the tables to suit your needs. 2.  A more comprehensive HH system.  3.  A shop where players can spend their earned points on stuff like t shirts, fleeces, books, gadgets etc.  This could be an ideal marketing opportunity for sky if they have sky poker branded clothing, card protectors, caps etc.  Again, most of the big sites do this and I have to admit to showing some site loyalty to collect points for purchases. Apologies if these suggestions already made! Edited once for bed spalling
    Posted by RESTORMEL
    oh come on mate be fair he may be duclostok dicklustoc dexlistok dixlostit ...lol
  • edited November 2009
    LetsIn Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
      Sorry it s a biggy I got a lot to say!!! Sky Poker has many great points, I have played here for a while now and made a bit of money :D, recently though the site seems to have lost a lot of players. Like many serious players I have accounts at many sites and see regular updates, promotions, bonuses and exciting new competitions. I occasionally log in to see the tournaments here and occasionally play, sadly the other sites are more appealing often with gtd prizes way higher and more games in the bracket i like playingin (5£- 30£ mtt with 150 to 1k+ players). I often wonder if the busy marketing people are soo busy thinking up the next idea they have no idea what other sites are offering, have a look out there and see. The improvements I would like are: drop the web interface and go with proper poker software!! or a bare minimum better graphics - look at PKR for the ultimate but even party or IPN network skins are nicer, Reload bonuses - reward us for staying here Optional time bank (You press a button to activate and you have a set time, when its gone, its gone; see PKR $10,000 open you get 90 seconds) only for big mtts only and each player get 'Better blind structured bigger games' so you can actually play poker rather than fold or shove - every night there should be a big game with 12 minute blinds or more for decent prizes - im mean 1000's not 150 or 400gtd pub poker fests, if i wanted to play for a few quid then I play at the pub or local poker club.   full tilt offer 250 seater sngoes - yes upto 250 and they fill up in less than 30 minutes during peak times, I waited in a Sit no go here for over 20 minutes at around midnight and left as no one joined :( so0oooo....  offer some progresive jackpots  - win 3 get a SKY widget win 5 in a row and get a Dinner date with Michelle!! the possibilities are endless :D look at the IPN network jacpots for prizes eg 2$ sng you could wina jackpot of $2000 for 4 in a row. 5$ entry you can win $18,000 for 5 in a row!! sounds a bit more exciting doesnt it!! so the real biggy is: Sky needs to get bigger , I joined ages ago where a guaranteed £1000 freeroll was run every Wednesday, this diminshed to £500 and ultimately smalller, the Velocity was £2500 gtd now its a small sng style mt tournament. The open has been a great competition, sadly i still cant say I've won it yet but even the numbers for this seem down on last year. Youve introduced alot of bounty hunters and ridiculous roulette these things are gimmicks aimed at gamblers, not a solution to get serious poker players on to your site. IMHO What Sky need to do is promote the poker on more channels, maybe not just sky!  I have the pleasure of watching sky channels and rarely see an advert for sky poker, instead at every ad break more programmes are advertised. Dunno if you guys have been naughty or just cant pull the strings but the numbers on the site are dropping and when numbers drop so do prizes and it snowballs. It will quickly become a site for the televised events only and the rest not worth bothering with. I have never seen an add during prime time sports or evening programmes, imagine the response to an advert during peak sky 1, the ashes or big footy matches!! Sky also has access to some of the best events in the world!!! a virtual monoploy on Premier football, Golf, Cricket etc cant you blag some decent prizes like VIP packages, free tickets or even Sky TV packages. Luring players is difficult these days but Sky have the clout to achieve this. If you need any marketing help I was recently made redundant and could do with a challenge (my buy in fee is low but guaranteed huge prizes). Thanks for your patience reading all this, but i LOVE poker and I hate to see a good concept not fulfilling its potential good luck
    Posted by ELVIS68
    lets just face it ...sky poker sux! it always will while a flash playing site, it looks and is cheap, owned, run and played on by morons! The tv coverage, well, ...thats just gold leafing a TU*D! Stick to proper poker softwhare, thats what ive done! Good luck on the tables where ever you play chap! tata
  • edited November 2009
    ok ide like a reply to this i, think the double you money sngs at lower stakes such as £1+15 and £2+25 there rakes should be 10% of the but in just like the rest of them especally on thease because you noway near double your money, also i think sky poker should do double you money turbos with a 5% rake like other sites do

thanks i would love a reply lol
  • edited November 2009
    Time bank i think is a good idea, but maybe only the once per tourney and in cash games maybe you get an extra one every 30mins or so?
    I think format where you can see all your friends or saved playas online at the same time( I hope that makes sens)
    Also agree with the poker points for tournaments, within reason as got a few would like to waste but not on silly free-rolls which are not worthwhile
  • edited November 2009
    gonna keep posting till i get a reply cz i think the rake needs to be changed

i think the double you money sngs at lower stakes such as £1+15 and £2+25 there rakes should be 10% of the but in just like the rest of them especally on thease because you noway near double your money, also i think sky poker should do double you money turbos with a 5% rake like other sites do

thanks i would love a reply lol
  • edited November 2009
    Gonna keep posting untill i get a reply beacuse i think the rake needs to be changed!!!

i think the double your money sngs at lower stakes such as £1+15 and £2+25 should be 10% rake just like the rest of them especally on thease because you you dont come close to doubling your money, also i think sky poker should do double you money turbos with a 5% rake like other sites do

Also for cash game players at miro stakes there should be a 1p 2p games, i dont play these tho because theres too much luck involve at micro cash levles :-)

does any 1 else aggree ??
  • edited November 2009

^^^^^^^ sorry if i get annoying but i will keep posting the same message :-)

• edited November 2009
    definately a transfer facility!!!!!!!!!! to transfer funds between players
  • edited November 2009
    I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A 5K FREEROLL FOR A 1000 POINTS ENTRY.....OR A 10K FREEROLL FOR 2K POINTS

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE POINTS

THEY DRIVE ME ROUND THE TWIST
  • edited November 2009
    I'd quite like to stop catching a cold deck. Despite wishing this (fervently), I am unable to find the option to switch this on and off.

Can this please be included on future updates?

That'd be great.
  • edited November 2009
    for me sky should have .. i think there are called ladder  sit and gos .you could run them all day to quallyfy to all the main sky tornys and the 10 and 20quid deepstacks.....
  • edited November 2009
    Fix the "Away" in MTT.

Just played a MTT and three of the six players were on AWAY for a good 45 minutes.  This makes playin the game a farce. All the players actually there were, without saying anything just picking up the blinds.

Set a time role, if player not at table by say 10 mins, they are automatically out.  Re-table and then it is fair to everyone.
  • edited November 2009
    Gonna keep posting untill i get a reply beacuse i think the rake needs to be changed!!!

i think the double your money sngs at lower stakes such as £1+15 and £2+25 should be 10% rake just like the rest of them especally on thease because you you dont come close to doubling your money, also i think sky poker should do double you money turbos with a 5% rake like other sites do

Also for cash game players at miro stakes there should be a 1p 2p games, i dont play these tho because theres too much luck involve at micro cash levles :-)

does any 1 else aggree ??
  • edited November 2009
    I'd like the short cuts to get back to Forum/s at the bottom of the page, as they are at the top, so one doesn't 'ave to keep scrolling back up to the top.
  • edited November 2009
    Make sure that everyone knows how to leave a table by clicking on the "Stand" button.  For the longest time I was using the "Sit Out" option and, of course, the table screen Window kept opening ...
  • edited November 2009
    How about, if your searching for a friend on a table in a MTT, a button to open the table they are actually on would help, Saves searching through all the time.
  • edited November 2009
    I'd like to see the 865 freeroll every week?  I'll play properly this time I swear
  • edited November 2009
    I'd like to see other ways of paying money onto the site - as far as I can see you can only pay using cards?

I've had my bank account compromised and at the moment can't use my card so I can't buy in, but I can buy internet credit called 'safe to pay' and similar names methods at most supermarkets/tills - it's how I will be doing my internet shopping from now on tbh!

Are there any plans to expand the ways to pay - or are they already there and I've missed them? Even transfers between accounts would help.

As a business owner I try to make it as easy for my customers to give me money, I'm sure Sky wouldn't be any different?
  • edited November 2009
    I'd like to see other ways of paying money onto the site - as far as I can see you can only pay using cards? I've had my bank account compromised and at the moment can't use my card so I can't buy in, but I can buy internet credit called 'safe to pay' and similar names methods at most supermarkets/tills - it's how I will be doing my internet shopping from now on tbh! Are there any plans to expand the ways to pay - or are they already there and I've missed them? Even transfers between accounts would help. As a business owner I try to make it as easy for my customers to give me money, I'm sure Sky wouldn't be any different?
    Posted by Dingdell
    hi Dingdell,

it is on our project roadmap to introduce new payments methods. the first being netteller (just before Christmas and the next being moneybooker (just after Christmas) there will be others coming but these are the only 2 i can give concrete info on.

hope this helps
  • edited November 2009
    Sky Poker Points should be worth something at the very most a cuddly toy or maybe if you get 10k sky points u can get a sky tooth brush.
  • edited November 2009
    Not sure if this is already on this 'too large to read thread' but....

Is it possible when looking at completed MTT's you were in, to be shown in DATE order?. Currently in POKER LOBBY - MY TABLES - FINISHED. This way it would be quicker and more conveniant to see how a MTT finished after you were elimanated but would still like to see how it finished say the day after.
  • edited November 2009
    Not sure if this is already on this 'too large to read thread' but.... Is it possible when looking at completed MTT's you were in, to be shown in DATE order?. Currently in POKER LOBBY - MY TABLES - FINISHED. This way it would be quicker and more conveniant to see how a MTT finished after you were elimanated but would still like to see how it finished say the day after.
    Posted by MAXALLY

thanks for your post maxally, sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

i have had a quick word with the poker team about this and unfortunately we can only keep this information on the site for 15 minutes. it would not be practicable (due to space on the site) to keep this information longer.

i hope this information helps you out and i hope you continue to enjoy the the community

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    rich i think he means when you click on "my tables" it shows all your tables from weeks gone by but no date to look through, takes quite a while to find the one your looking for.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : thanks for your post maxally, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. i have had a quick word with the poker team about this and unfortunately we can only keep this information on the site for 15 minutes. it would not be practicable (due to space on the site) to keep this information longer. i hope this information helps you out and i hope you continue to enjoy the the community Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks for the reply Rich......eventually (lol) but the information is there longer than 15 mins anyway....it was just an idea to add another column to that veiw with the date which is there after you click on the idividual MTT/STT anyway. Mr webby (thank you) above understands my question i think but i might not of worded it correctly. Or you are too dizzy after flying through 101 threads in the last hour. Keep up the good work and i genuinely appreciate the time and effort you and the rest of the sky team put into helping/advising everyone else on the forum.
  • edited November 2009
    Not sure i any1 has suggested this as i am admitting i have not read all the posts, but i thought a chat window would be good and the option to see if ppl in your friends list are on line.

xx
  • edited November 2009
    ive just sat in the 250 freeroll which i used my poker points from which i get from playing CASH games i then faced 4 players on there away buttons and a fifth player with 20,000 againts my 7000 and was all in every hand i think its disgusting people can sit out for that long without being kicked off the table so people who want to play can i am very annoyed and am considering finding another poker site my original impression of this site was very good and the help from the presenters tikay in particular has been invaluable however i am not prepared to play somewhere where people can in theory cheat

prs73...