You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I can't help but think the following after pulling away from this site for a while to test the water with other online poker sites.

I have to admit as much as I like playing poker with sky it has turned into somewhat of a frenzied bingo hall most of the time. I think that this is due to the fact that the high level of bad beats and what seems to be rigged hands.

It certainly has taken the skill factor away from playing poker, some players, which I can't blame them due to the hands that are dealt treat it more like a game of snap rather than a skilled game of poker.

I personally think that Sky have to do something about this due to the high number of other poker sites out there. I don't wish to deflect permantely as I like the sites layout, it's basic and it works (I'm not into the surrounds of a poker table and wearing flash suits etc...) - but surely someone has to agree with me out there with what I am trying to say?
  • edited November 2009
    So I take it no one else is getting the ache with constant bad beats and what seems to be rigged hands at certain times of the game eg: low on chips decent hand, go all in and get beat by a 8-2!! You know what I mean.

RNG = Alot to be answered for!!
  • edited November 2009
    hi, 1st post here

Major changes, include getting omaha(H/L) and a few other games.

Being able to see peoples mucked cards when at showdown would be nice, but people can have differing opinions on that one, so if you wanna keep it the same its fine as i understand its a marmite thing.

Bigger variety of tourneys throughout the day, at the time of writing, its a saturday and 12.45pm and you currently have 2400 players on your site and the biggest tourney you have is an 11 buyin 300gtd bounty hunter which isnt til 6.30pm!!!! WAKE UP! is it too hard to have a 2k gtd 25 buyin tourney at 2/3pm, u only need 80 players! out of 2400, and if if gets enough interest u can increase the guarantee accordingly.

Heads up cash rake is too big, you chargea MINIMUM! of 12p a hand at the .25/.50 level which is pretty ridiculous.

Filters at the top of the page, having them at the bottom just doesnt make any sense for obvious reasons.

And finally, even though i dont play em, the russian roulettes just go to show what you think of your players. Charging 10% rake for a flip when you can play a proper heads up match for 5% rake, cmon guys, are you serious. At least try and make it look like your online poker site is run by someone who knows about online poker.

Oh and get a client!
  • edited November 2009
    I really do thin this thread is purely lip servive, looks like they are intrested but not.

I want to see a P+L on each card you use, SKY dont want this, they dont want it because people would slow down if it was obvious how much they were losing.

All gamblers will carry on, but sometimes when the loses are glaring at them they stop.

You swear on here or dont pull in with the clique,emails sent and their on to you like a ton of bricks.

SO RICH,,

HOW ABOUT ANSWERING,,

THE POKER POINTS QUESTION

AND LETS SEE A P+L SECTION FOR EACH CARD USED.

Sky go on about responsible gambling,,lets see it

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    hi, 1st post here Major changes, include getting omaha(H/L) and a few other games. Being able to see peoples mucked cards when at showdown would be nice, but people can have differing opinions on that one, so if you wanna keep it the same its fine as i understand its a marmite thing. Bigger variety of tourneys throughout the day, at the time of writing, its a saturday and 12.45pm and you currently have 2400 players on your site and the biggest tourney you have is an 11 buyin 300gtd bounty hunter which isnt til 6.30pm!!!! WAKE UP! is it too hard to have a 2k gtd 25 buyin tourney at 2/3pm, u only need 80 players! out of 2400, and if if gets enough interest u can increase the guarantee accordingly. Heads up cash rake is too big, you chargea MINIMUM! of 12p a hand at the .25/.50 level which is pretty ridiculous. Filters at the top of the page, having them at the bottom just doesnt make any sense for obvious reasons. And finally, even though i dont play em, the russian roulettes just go to show what you think of your players. Charging 10% rake for a flip when you can play a proper heads up match for 5% rake, cmon guys, are you serious. At least try and make it look like your online poker site is run by someone who knows about online poker. Oh and get a client!
    Posted by SHOVE2WIN
    I believe that as long as your opponent has called and mucked then you can find out this info from the hand history
  • edited November 2009
    I'm new here and I haven't read all 20 pages of this thread, so I apologise if I'm repeating a previous suggestion.

When 3 winning players are left standing at the end of a 'Double Your Money' SNG it seems pointless continuing to see who finishes 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I realise that the Poker League points are awarded accordingly, but the vast majority of players at these tables are not in contention to win a prize in the league and would rather just move straight on to their next table. The sole aim of a DYM table is to finish in the top 3, 1st is no better than 3rd. I would suggest that as soon as 3 players are left remaining the league points should be equally shared between the 3 and the table closed . This would benefit Sky Poker too because players would be buying into another table instead of wasting time participating in the pointless battle for 1st position.
  • edited November 2009
    Gary, as a reg stt,

a very very good point,,,altho i am on the cusp of the race, i would still just shuv all in.

by the way its a 10/11 shot. not evens
  • edited November 2009
    Auto reload, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • edited November 2009
    FOR £350 POT TODAY ON CASH.

KK

CALLS 4 X RAISE BY ME, ALL FOLD, 2 HANDED NOW

FLOP A 2 A 

I POT RAISE 

MUPPET CALLS

J TURN,

POT AGAIN

HE CALLS

RIVER 5

ALL IN

ALL OVER,

SKY RIVER,,

WHO WAS I PLAYING?

THE MACHINE....

IN PRIMO TONIGHT, MAYBE LAST TOURNEY FOR ME ON HERE, JUST WAIT FOR POINTS MONEY END OF MONTH, AND OFF 
  • edited November 2009
    I agree with a number of others and think omaha is a positive step in the right direction as it's enjoyable and would give some variation. 

I also think that combined with a few tournaments with the option of limited re-buys in would add another dimension to the site.  I'm not a great fan of these but I like playing the occasional one as if I make a mistake early it gives you another chance and can boost the cash on offer.  Plus those who play a bit to aggressively (if that is possible, u know who I mean the ten high all in pre-flop people) often double people up.

I also really enjoyed it a while ago when a number of different tournaments e.g. scary, deepstack etc and points were awarded and the top scorers were entered into a free tournament.  I can't remember what it was called but it kept me interested all week as I started well in the first one (top ten finish) and then found my normal form so I didn't make the final cut.

On final thing I think you should be able to gamble your poker points with each one worth one chip and have some  decent high value freerolls e.g. 5,000, 10,000, or 20,000 points entry with say a £5k pot.  It's very easy to build points up but difficult to get rid of them, this would be a way of letting players gamble points with the chance of getting into a high value freeroll rather than plod away on freerolls with 100 point buy in's.  Even if you get in the top 100 (from normally over a 1,000 entries) you get less than a a quid.  Most of the time my points just build up as I make more than I can use and often can't be bothered playing freerolls in which the majority of people play a loose game as it means nothing to them.  This could be played in any format and would give someone a enjoyable game to play with a potential point at the end of it. 

I hope you think this is useful, skypoker is my favourite overall site but with a few changes could become the only one I use. 
  • edited November 2009
    downloadable software? as soon as ive got 4 tables open, i cant reposition them, change their size or anything along those lines, because it crashes on me and i have to ctrl + alt + del to be able to move my mouse again. I usually play 4-6 tables on a site i used to play on, but now when my 4th table loads i just hope it doesnt load right infront of a table ive already got loaded, or im stuck!

is there a way of fixing this by the way or is it porbably down to browser software
  • edited November 2009
    I find the screen much to small with no option to make it bigger. Better notification of what the winning hand is as well as I don't always have the chat box open. More torneys with a points buy in as well.
  • edited November 2009
    Gonna keep posting untill i get a reply beacuse i think the rake needs to be changed!!!

i think the double your money sngs at lower stakes such as £1+15 and £2+25 should be 10% rake just like the rest of them especally on thease because you you dont come close to doubling your money, also i think sky poker should do double you money turbos with a 5% rake like other sites do

Also for cash game players at miro stakes there should be a 1p 2p games, i dont play these tho because theres too much luck involve at micro cash levles :-)

does any 1 else aggree ??
  • edited November 2009

Gonna keep posting untill i get a reply beacuse i think the rake needs to be changed!!!

i think the double your money sngs at lower stakes such as £1+15 and £2+25 should be 10% rake just like the rest of them especally on thease because you you dont come close to doubling your money, also i think sky poker should do double you money turbos with a 5% rake like other sites do

Also for cash game players at miro stakes there should be a 1p 2p games, i dont play these tho because theres too much luck involve at micro cash levles :-)

does any 1 else aggree ??

• edited November 2009
    I would like to see option to upload your own pictures for avatar, and a report abuse button
  • edited November 2009
    WHY NOT TRY MAKING THE FLUPPIN SITE ACTUALLY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2009

Is there any place Ican see the blind tructure for a particular tourney, and if not could it be made possible?

• edited November 2009
    ive just sat in the 250 freeroll which i used my poker points from which i get from playing CASH games i then faced 4 players on there away buttons and a fifth player with 20,000 againts my 7000 and was all in every hand i think its disgusting people can sit out for that long without being kicked off the table so people who want to play can i am very annoyed and am considering finding another poker site my original impression of this site was very good and the help from the presenters tikay in particular has been invaluable however i am not prepared to play somewhere where people can in theory cheat                                                  prs73...
    Posted by prs73
    Look, in any tourney, anyone who pays their money/uses their points can use them in any way they see fit. If you bought into a live tourney and didn't turn up you'd be blinded out that's how the game is played. That's not cheating, just a choice.
  • edited November 2009
    Could we make make finding posts we previously made easier to find?
  • edited November 2009
    how about the newest post be page 1 etc rather than 5 month old posts being there
  • edited November 2009
    a lot of the other poker sites have a time bank ,

normally 1 min or 2 minutes , [ note its a once off for the whole mtt ]

this give one the chance to decide on, call down all in moves or mtt decider .
  • edited November 2009
    I have mentioned this before and nothing has been done. THE CARDS DO NOT SHOW UP IN THE CHAT BOX ! The chat shows up; the dealer actions contrast well. BUT YOU CANNOT SEE THE BLESSED CARDS. Black on blue and red on blue DO NOT contrast well. I have just come back and I enjoy SKY POKER but this frustrates me. Someone on your playing team or tech team please have a look. What is the point of showing the flop etc when one cannot read them at a glance?
    Please look at other sites where the chat bars are crystal clear.
    Best regards to all - Phrank
  • edited December 2009
    I'll tell you the best thing you can do to improve this site is shut it down. You can tell by the chip stacks 9 times out of 10 who is going to win and even with which cards. I've recently started playing at betfair and it's a more realistic site. Sky poker is so predictable and will be getting no more of mine or my family's money. I'm one very very disappointed customer and will be doing all my gambling at betfair from now on.
  • edited December 2009
    Simple thing but can you make it so that the table window has a 'always on top' option. so if you are doing other things at same time the window always stay on top as name suggests.

• edited December 2009
    contrary to a post a few up from here I wish the 'away' time wat longer. Doesn't seem long enough to even go to the loo!
  • edited December 2009
    irish, definetly think we should have a timebank :)

maybe 2 per tournament max so it isnt abused though :)
  • edited December 2009

There seems to be a lot of requests for a time bank that wont be abused to be introduced. On this subject perhaps introducing time outs would be better maybe 20 seconds with a max of 3 per tournament. They would have to be requested and are unlikely to be used to run the clock down in qualifiers.

• edited December 2009
    So I take it no one else is getting the ache with constant bad beats and what seems to be rigged hands at certain times of the game eg: low on chips decent hand, go all in and get beat by a 8-2!! You know what I mean. RNG = Alot to be answered for!!
    Posted by SunnyPalms
    I have to agree to a certain extent with the excess bad beats but until we get solid proof what can we really do. Bad beats do happen unfortunately they do run at a higher percentage than is normal on this site which is why I play limited poker on this site. I show a healthy profit on the other sites I play on but rate as a novice on sky but that could be down to the blind structure and the fact that its six handed tables. That said I still have to agree.
  • edited December 2009
    WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME 15/20 MIN BLINDS MTT 2000 STARTING CHIPS.OK SKY HAS 12MIN DEEP STACK BUT THAT IS THE ONLY MTT OVER 10MIN BLIND MARK.THE BRUTAL FACT IS LONGER BLINDS MORE SKILL IS NEEDED AND BETTER PLAYERS WILL WIN MORE OFTEN.
    Posted by markisking
    the deepstack on a sunday is 15 min blinds but too expensive so i would also like to see a 20 min blind 10 handed table comp as that is what i normally play on my main site.
  • edited December 2009
    First post - here goes! I think satellite tournaments/sit & go's are a good idea.  Would be nice to see some tournaments where players could use poker points to but into a satellite, where the winner would receive, for example, an entry to a Bounty Hunter tournament. For example, you could start a 30 seater tournament, with a 50 poker point buy in, where the winner receives a seat to a £2 + 30p Bounty Huner of their choice. Currently, there must be a lot of players out there, who have loads of Poker Points but nothing to spend them on, as there are only a couple of freerolls where they can be used at present. What does everyone think?
    Posted by swagman739
    I agree totally if other sites can do it why not sky. The other site I am playing on are running a $5000 freeroll at the moment for a buy in of 20 points. The top 200 in each daily freeroll go through to a $250,000 end of the month freeroll so I cant see why sky cant give something back to thier loyal customers.