You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    how about daily clubs like MON club TUE club etc tournys for people who work different shifts,maybe a good tourny starting about 3.30pm for £5.50- £10.£1 for us normal working class dudes.cheers
  • edited October 2009
    It would be really good to have simple graphing of bankroll history available so you can easily keep track of how you are performing over time
  • edited October 2009

I would like to see better avatars that can be personalised a little and also  better options for redeeming your poker points. After reading the last post i agree that an earlier start time for the big tourneys would be a big help to a lot of us who work early next day.

• edited October 2009
    a chat room would be good, so you can have a real time conversation if you floating about just passing the time of day and no intention of playing poker, also displaying what members are online at the bottom of the lobby page would be good too :)
  • edited October 2009
    I would love to see something that isn't around on any Poker website and that is a heads up series. So you can play a best of 5 1 v 1 series and for each game the winner wins a % of the buy in and once the series is decided the winner wins 50% of their buy in. This would be exciting as a best of 5 series is more likely to go down to pieces of skill and not luck.
  • edited October 2009
    My other suggestion is to have a multitable heads up cup as a nightly tournament. Players can buy in and enter the cup and as they progress through the rounds they get a return based on what round they got knocked out in. This means that a £5 buy in with 32 people could generate £160 which can be divided as. £10 1/4 final losers £20 1/2 final losers. £30 to the losing finalist and £50 to the winner. If you can't get something to the power of 2 then players can receive a "bye" through the 1st round.
  • edited October 2009
    Get some razz and some H/L omaha on the sit and goes
  • edited October 2009
    What about using PP's for satellites into larger tournaments?! or sit and go satellites into the open, primo etc (like you do for the Poker Tour)?!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi, Just a couple of things, ive tried the new function that allow's us to tile windows, not sure how this works, ive tried it but doesnt appear to be giving the required results, it would be good to simply reduce the size of the pages using the cursor method.
    I am also quite frustrated at the amount of players who sit away during games, maybe a limit to a number of hands or time limit that a player is allowed to sit away for before being made to leave the table. Some people seem happy to sit out the blinds and see how far it gets them. 
  • edited October 2009
    Think the change to the 5k bounty hunter is spot on, cheers
  • edited October 2009
    Totally agree silentbob, would be good to be able to use poker points gained to buy merchandise from a sky poker shop. It seems apart from the freerolls there is nothing else to do with the points we aquire.
  • edited October 2009
    Razz and other varieties of game. Poker points to be used for satellite entries to primo's and the open etc, better hand history and if you tick fold on your hand before your go then someone goes all in it unticks it and makes you select, if you are going to fold on a blind you're probably not going to go all in.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Totally agree silentbob, would be good to be able to use poker points gained to buy merchandise from a sky poker shop. It seems apart from the freerolls there is nothing else to do with the points we aquire.
    Posted by REPOMAN618
    I'm sure Rich mentioned that something along those lines were coming, or maybe I misread it?

Any update Rich?
  • edited October 2009
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but it would be useful to have more information about the table you are sat in, either in the window title or somewhere onscreen.  If you are multi-tableing you can't see from the table alone the buy in for example.
  • edited October 2009
    Im like alot of the others, id love to see other formats.  Omaha namely, but 7 card stud, & Razz games would also generate income for you guys. 

Other ways to use poker points would be handy!
  • edited October 2009

MAINLEY HH SENT TO U THROUGH EMAIL ,IVE BEEN ON THE OTHER SITES LIKE PKR STRS I LIKE THIS SITE ,THE OTHER THING IS BEING ALE TO USE URE OWN PICTURE UPLOAD , WITH AMIN APPPROVEAL,

• edited October 2009
    dont  know  what  other  players  think  but  i  would  like  sky    to  give  u  points   for  every  rake  hand  not  every  20  hands   most  other  sites  do   any body  else  think  the  same
  • edited October 2009
    ID LIKE TO SEE SOME REBUY TOURNYS HERE AT SKY. FROM LIKE 5 POUND REBUYS TO 20 OR 30. I RECKON THERE'D BE PLENTY  OF PLAYERS 4THOSE. ALSO ONCE A MONTH ID LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE A 50K GUARANTEE. I THINK THERES ENOUGH PLAYERS HERE NOW FOR THAT TO BE A REALISTIC PROSPECT. SAY A 50-100 POUND BUY IN, SATELLITES AS NORMAL. I THINK SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE A VERY SUCCESSFUL TOURNY. EVERYBODY LOVES A POUND NOTE, THATS SOMETHING ID LOVE TO SEE AT SKY ANYWAY. THE PRIMO IS THE BIGGEST POT ON SKY AT THE MOMENT AND I WANNA BE PLAYING FOR BIGGER MONEY SO I PLAY OTHER SITES FOR A SHOT AT THE LIFE CHANGING POTS.  LOL ALSO WHY IS THERE NO SOUND ON THE SITE? SOMETIMES THOSE LITTLE BLEEPS AND CHINGS HELP KEEP U AWAKE DURING A TOURNY WHEN YOUR NODDING OFF!! :-)
  • edited October 2009
    good points jim, i am sure the sky boys will look into your ideas
  • edited October 2009
    Having played on a few sites, I would like to see Omaha added.  It is a fun game that would add a bit of variety.
    Also good to see straightold fashioned poker as an alternative toTexas
  • edited October 2009

The ingame tool that provides basic analysis of your hand is a nice touch. But I would like to see a link or full hand analysis tools available that would allow you to analysis your hands either ingame or preferably offline. Whilst it is always nice to win a hand. It is important to understand why you lost. Some applications are available on the net that help you do this but it would be good if this was available from this site.

• edited October 2009
    i would totally change the way in which the hands are dealt, into a more TOTALLY RANDOM, 100% RANDOM, sofware. because its impossalbe to become and stay a winner with any online random number generater being used to deal each hand because i, you, we all know, that you cannot possibly win every hand which is very un realistic in the sence that in online poker you have to yes HAVE TO LOSE SOME HANDS. why???? if i play any given hand i enter that hand with the thinking i am going to win this hand but for you to MAKE us lose hands due to the fact that we have.... lets say WON the last 4 hands in a row, then you give us KK or AA top 2 hands in poker and you give someone that will probably call the big/ HUGE bet that you put in pre-flop, with the intention of either giving them the nuts on the flop or a 20 outer or something and making them win the hand. this i find is an absolutly rediculas way of running any poker tourniment. it wouldnt be allowed in a live poker game of any standard. the way in which you reward the dreadful players time and time again, giving them the miricle outs they need when you got lets say AK and they got 88, flop 10QJ, and you bet a little or even check and they raise so you re raise and then the all in situation occurs and time for cards on they're backs i think brilliant not a split pot he hasnt got the same, the turn card 8, and river j. oh yes then you gotta remember you are playing at SKY POKER, not in any other game should have just seen it coming, it happens in every single tourniment i play in and my friend exactly the same thing when we are at our local or having a live game in the house or when we play for wales poker league, why we insist on still playing here is beyond us all really, but the example i gave is all this poker site is about and i think many of no ALL of you reading this will say yes you are so right. i play alot of bounty tourniments all for different buy- ins but i WILL NOT buy in for the £10 bounty any more as this is the main one that causes me to lose my poker stack as you at sky poker will not allow me to get very far at all bad beat after bad beat after bad beat in every single one ive ever played in, oh actually there was one that it didnt occur in and guess what i won that one, would you adam and eve it!!!!!!!!! when this doesnt occur i make the money in tourniments but its so hard playing here as i play 20 tounriments with bad beats before i play that one where you dont CHEAT. many thasnks mandy james
  • edited November 2009
    One quick thing that could improve things a lot. When you're given the option of "Show" or "Muck" your hand why does the timer have to take so long? 2 secs is more than enough. Folk use this a lot to slow the game down and it's very irritating. I reckon it would only take a techie bod a few seconds to sort this so please do it ASAP. Thanks. 

:-)

• edited November 2009
    I would like it that when I launch a table and the loading screen comes it, that it is quicker than 5 minutes. 90%+ there are no issues. But sometimes I miss the start of the tournament. not fun. Mainly happens when there are over 900 players in the tournament.
  • edited November 2009

Given the amount of debate about not getting to see the final tables due to longer stucture how about we have a show in the week dedicated purely to the main event final tables from the previous week just an idea (but a good one me thinks )

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    How about the option to make the screen bigger for those of us with old eyes !! and the text a little bigger as well so i can read all those insults :0)
    Posted by TOPOPTIONS
    You can, on the bottom of the page you should see 100% with a downward arrow to the right click on the arrow & you can change the page
  • edited November 2009
     I think drug testing after some hands is is imperetive...lol
  • edited November 2009
    id like to see a bad beat jackpot.
  • edited November 2009
    What about a Roulette MTT tourney Low buy in possible big bucks, can register have it late and dont even need to be logged in to play :)
  • codcod
    edited November 2009
    id like a room 4 permo chat banned players to go 2 so only they the foul mouthed ones can chat n rave away 2 their hearts content.how bout it,or is there only me.