You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited September 2009
    why not start the open at 8 and show some highlights of the first hours action and have a longer structure. ive watched the open on sky and there are few hands shown early on i presume the powers that be are looking 4 good hand to show, if it started 1 hour earlier then sky could show hands straight away
  • edited September 2009
    think we definatley need a buddies list so you can see all of your friends at the same time. i also think we need an option to see our profile in a way to show your tourny's entered and best positions/ best wins etc.
  • edited September 2009
    I love the idea of better avatars. I'm happy with 2D, I think 3D is creepy. How about having a photofit system, so we can personalise them.

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Avatars:
    I love the idea of better avatars. I'm happy with 2D, I think 3D is creepy. How about having a photofit system, so we can personalise them.
    Posted by VEE_KNUTZ
    this is something that's being looked at. try personalising your community profile, you can upload your own photo here!
  • edited September 2009

Definately an option to find friends online would be great.

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Definately an option to find friends online would be great.
    Posted by Hale72
    have you tried the search for friends functionality?
  • edited September 2009
    how bout they get a RANDOM number generator..and maybe start rewarding clever plays as opposed 2 rewarding badD calls. also why when i prepress the fold and then sum1 goes all in do i then get the option 2 fold or go all in..illogical captain.
  • edited September 2009
    best improvement wud b 2 stop fixing tournaments
  • edited September 2009

Ok, well here are my suggestions. These are things that I think would be genuine improvements rather than just self beneficial. I would say this site gets about 30% of my poker business, and these ''ideas'' would probably see SKY take more.

I actually think there are now too many mtt's. Given the number of players on the site, there just aren't the numbers to fill an mtt every 10/15 minutes. If I want to play an mtt I want to get a decent ROI if I win/final table. Many of the mtt's here have become glorified sit n go's with 20-40 runners. A prime example is the 3pm which for a low stake mtt (fiver) used to get 80/90 runners, now it has just become another 30/40 runner event amidst the plethora of bounty hunters, speed tourny's etc etc. There is simply no need to have this amount of 'mtt's'' available and thus dilute fields. If I want to play a 2/3 hour mtt I usually go elsewhwere as I want to play a genuine  50-150 runner event rather than 20-50 players.

A rematch option button in Heads Up games would be a welcome addition, and surely not too tricky for the IT staff to sort out.

It's been said by many before me, but 7 minute blinds for the flagship event is poor. 10 minute blinds should be incorporated for all Opens. If it means starting at 8pm so be it. Whilst you may gain novice players you will also lose many who want to play some hands through the streets, rather than shove or fold after half an hour.

The SNG pay out structure could be altered slightly, it's currently weighted too heavily in favour of first over second. This is the most minor of ''complaints'' though! (Doubling your money for 2nd would be my suggestion)

Obviously you're not going to reduce the fee for DYM games to 5% (although you should) given their popularity, but it's emabarrasing for the site to have 10% fees for Russian Roulette games sitting next to the correct fees of 5% for Heads UP games, it just gives the site a very unprofessional look. Everyone knows this is very much a beginners/recreational poker site, but this kind of rip off/gambing advertising will do nothing to help it grow.

A Heads Up tournament should be organised, maybe one a month 64 runners at £20/£30 an entry. Tough to do I know, but would be good flair and great banter between players etc etc.

The staff here are first class, TK in particular represents the site incredibly well and ideas seem to be tried when suggested to various employees etc etc. So please take any comments above as intended, just ideas that I think are the way forward.

Cheers

• edited September 2009
    Regarding Sit-n-Go's, as the game will not procede unless there are the required number of players, can the 'Places Paid' info show the values as if the table(s) were full?
  • edited September 2009
    Ok, well here are my suggestions. These are things that I think would be genuine improvements rather than just self beneficial. I would say this site gets about 30% of my poker business, and these ''ideas'' would probably see SKY take more. I actually think there are now too many mtt's. Given the number of players on the site, there just aren't the numbers to fill an mtt every 10/15 minutes. If I want to play an mtt I want to get a decent ROI if I win/final table. Many of the mtt's here have become glorified sit n go's with 20-40 runners. A prime example is the 3pm which for a low stake mtt (fiver) used to get 80/90 runners, now it has just become another 30/40 runner event amidst the plethora of bounty hunters, speed tourny's etc etc. There is simply no need to have this amount of 'mtt's'' available and thus dilute fields. If I want to play a 2/3 hour mtt I usually go elsewhwere as I want to play a genuine  50-150 runner event rather than 20-50 players. A rematch option button in Heads Up games would be a welcome addition, and surely not too tricky for the IT staff to sort out. It's been said by many before me, but 7 minute blinds for the flagship event is poor. 10 minute blinds should be incorporated for all Opens. If it means starting at 8pm so be it. Whilst you may gain novice players you will also lose many who want to play some hands through the streets, rather than shove or fold after half an hour. The SNG pay out structure could be altered slightly, it's currently weighted too heavily in favour of first over second. This is the most minor of ''complaints'' though! (Doubling your money for 2nd would be my suggestion) Obviously you're not going to reduce the fee for DYM games to 5% (although you should) given their popularity, but it's emabarrasing for the site to have 10% fees for Russian Roulette games sitting next to the correct fees of 5% for Heads UP games, it just gives the site a very unprofessional look. Everyone knows this is very much a beginners/recreational poker site, but this kind of rip off/gambing advertising will do nothing to help it grow. A Heads Up tournament should be organised, maybe one a month 64 runners at £20/£30 an entry. Tough to do I know, but would be good flair and great banter between players etc etc. The staff here are first class, TK in particular represents the site incredibly well and ideas seem to be tried when suggested to various employees etc etc. So please take any comments above as intended, just ideas that I think are the way forward. Cheers
    Posted by NOGIMMICKS
    At least the 10% fee for DYM games is better than the 20% WH charge...
  • edited September 2009
    Sky poker is without a doubt one of the worst poker sites i have played on, it cant even begin to compete with even the smaller sites nevermind the major ones.
     The software is terrible, the tournament structures are poor, there is no value for money whatsoever., with too many gimmicky tournaments lik russian roulette, and scary which does nothing for pokers credibility it is pure gambling. As for only six seater tables ridiculous, the standard of play on average is poor with no end of donks sucking out on you.For these reasons and more i will be taking my money elsewhere and advising anyone else i know to do the same.
  • edited September 2009
    i think people should only be allowed to sit out for a certain amount of time. The amount of times in tournaments ive seen people sit out till nearly the end drives me mad.....I would also like to see bigger money tournaments in the mornings not everyone can play in the evenings.....ive had my moan now so have a good evening.
  • edited September 2009
    Clearly the hand history is under par. I mainly play other sites so I can analyse my play on poker tracker.  Obviously using the web browser to load sky poker will make the heads up display impossible (imagine having downloadable software!) but please - lets have a method of downloading your hand histories and in a format that we can use with software such as poker tracker.  It really does help spotting wholes in your game.
  • edited September 2009
    Hi,
    Any answers to how you could make the screen bigger.
    I have a 22" screen and the poker table occupies 25% of the screen.
    Vert frustating.
  • edited September 2009
    9seater tourneys would be great.Time-bank.... stars is 2 long and is abused.but you could have 30sec. Surely tv tourney could run till 12.30?///?
  • edited September 2009
    please ban the bingo players
    and make it a poker site again
  • edited September 2009
    please ban the bingo players and make it a poker site again
    Posted by Alarm76
    firstly id agree with a poster above , charging russian roulette fees is pretty galling, advertising said game on the tv is also a bit much considering its not a game you can win on long term. same comments for cashino e.t.c on top right of table, like other sites please add the option to get rid of these links.

the biggest factor which prevents myself and many others i no playing cash here on a more regular basis is the hand history. This is almost useless especially when multi tabling, are there plans to import the use of poker tracker or the excellent holdem manager into the site? If not the hand history MUST be improved as a priority.

The channel analysts often talk a good game about analysing your play, on this site at present that is almost impossible.
  • edited September 2009
    please ban the bingo players and make it a poker site again
    Posted by Alarm76
    just to add whats the idea with having such a short time bank especially for cash play?

certain cash hands play themselves but even experienced players need time and this just isnt the case at present.
  • edited September 2009

SKY merchandise to win throught touraments or to have tounamnets with £1 to enter and just sky mechandise to win or days out with sky poker team etc

What do you think ?

• edited September 2009
    some of the big tournaments need a much better structure i think.  i played the 10k bounty the other night and blinds went up every 7 mins with 3 minutes break.  i think for this size of tourny blinds shud b 10 minutes.  also a lot of the blind levels seemed to be skipped so before u no it the only was to play is push and pray - not what i want when i sit down for a quality game of poker.  this is why i stick to the deepstacks, true poker as it shud b.
  • edited September 2009
    I would like to see all the payout on the tournaments instead of only a few. Maybe a scroll button?
  • edited September 2009
    retrain your customer service staff. you could ask the same question to 5 different staff members and get 5 different answers. awful manners too. i've never met one who was polite. they speak to you as though your a child they are trying to pacify. i've complained so much but they do nothing and don't even reply. i'll be looking for a new site where customer service is more of a priority. dissappointed!!
  • edited October 2009
    How about tourneys where you have to get through heats and a semi final to play the final, maybe weekly with satilittes in throughout the week. No being able to put yourself straight through to the final by paying a wedge.
  • edited October 2009
    please make the multi table tourneys 10 seaters, there is nothing worse than being at a 6 seater table with 3 or 4 sitouts, it does my brain in.....lol
  • edited October 2009
    stop peolple cheating discusing there hands after someone has moved all in before any more action is taken example telling the rest of the table to fold i got pocket aces and this can be done in the chat box and there is time because it happened to me earlier today in a primo sat.  I did complain about it but got told there is nothing that can be done about it.  so i presume i am right in saying its ok to cheat because thats exactly what it is to me LETS PLAY SKY POKER ITS OK TO CHEAT ON THERE
  • edited October 2009
    Ihere here n Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    retrain your customer service staff. you could ask the same question to 5 different staff members and get 5 different answers. awful manners too. i've never met one who was polite. they speak to you as though your a child they are trying to pacify. i've complained so much but they do nothing and don't even reply. i'll be looking for a new site where customer service is more of a priority. dissappointed!!
    Posted by shaun84
  • edited October 2009
     id like dealer and aviator sound added,much more relistic than just the clink of chips. and plus you can hear whats going on if you pop off to make a brew. they have it on blue square. other than that I love the site i love playing in £ s i dont know of any other sites that do and iv tryed loads.
  • edited October 2009
    My improvement is entirely cosmetic. As computers (and screens) advance the 640 and 800 modes are becoming as antique as 8 inch drives and floppy drives. I find playing on my mac (and other pcs) that the actual pictures in the best resolution for the monitor make the hands miniscule and stretch my eyesight. I either squint - meaning occasionally cards get mistaken for others or have to drop screen res thereby losing a lot of useful screen space. Could some clever programmer from sky please allow the tables and hands to be made larger? Preferably with sme sort of option al zoom - so either the table can be full screen/ half screen or the mini screen we get for multi tables.
    Thanks for listening
  • edited October 2009
    now after alot of moaning about people not standing when they leave and causeing long waits at tables , it seems we have reached a situation where your booted off the table to dam quick , you cant even go to the toilet without getting booted from the table .

So I suggest a brb button to be added to the table so players can use this and wont get booted for 5 - 8 mins so that they have a chance to use the toilet or make a coffee etc.  and still be able to get their seat on the chosen table , their is nothing worse than having a good run at a table then needing to go to the toilet and find that you have been booted off the table by the time you get back ..... thats how it stands at the moment.