You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Without trawling through the whole thread, may I suggest the following areas which sky could change:

1.  Re sizeable tables - I often like to play more than one table and only having the option of the normal tables overlapping or the mini view (no chat and a tad too small) is not ideal.  On most of the big sites (stars, party etc) you can re size the tables to suit your needs.

2.  A more comprehensive HH system. 

3.  A shop where players can spend their earned points on stuff like t shirts, fleeces, books, gadgets etc.  This could be an ideal marketing opportunity for sky if they have sky poker branded clothing, card protectors, caps etc.  Again, most of the big sites do this and I have to admit to showing some site loyalty to collect points for purchases.

Apologies if these suggestions already made!

Edited once for bed spalling
  • edited August 2009
    Now that there are more Deepstack tournaments could a new dropdown tab be added to the MTT ones for this type of game?
  • edited August 2009
    small screen to small,would like to see full screen to play on,and change them avs
  • edited August 2009
    The software needs to be downloadable and more CPU / Bandwidth friendly.
    I can play on Stars and I see tables refresh in the software browser in real time. When I join a 5/6 player table on Sky it is invariably full by the time the browser opens! Very frustrating.

Need to be able to resize mini tables. It's just the wrong size to get 4 tables in tile config on a laptop with 1024x768 screen.

When playing with firefox I don't need to be told about issues with more than 4 tables every time I open an extra table.

A comprehensive hand history needs to be downloadable if the site is to grow and able to see oponents cards at showdown.

You can either make this site appealing to more professional / good amateur players or keep it where it is near the bottom of the poker networks.

I'm not having a dig as I actually like playing here but it can be very frustrating at times.

Oh and when you have some spare time "TURN OFF THE BAD BEAT SWITCH FOR A FEW DAYS" :)

Ta
  • edited August 2009
    May just be me - but is the software really slow?
  • edited August 2009
    tikey   improvment  on   sky  i  would  like  to  see   well  i  dont  know  if  it  is  an  improvment   is  that   all  players   have  there  own   aviator   the  u  get  to  pick  from  are  a  bit  cheese    and  sky  can  cheek  them  to  make  sure  there  are  alright  to  use   other  sites  do it  any  chance  of  sky  doing 
  • edited August 2009
    I left after opening 6 tables tonight and playing for 15 mins. I had 3 opposing hands hit 2 outers on river consecutively. WhatTehF Sky.

I play 12 tables on Stars and don't see those odds. C'mon get a grip on the RNG.

I will call inside straight draws to river knowing I have more chance of hitting them than an outside up and down draw with the current software..
  • edited August 2009
    think i would like to see a sat sit n gos for the open every night ,6 seater scary 2 pound entry,also for the primos too ,if like me u finsh work l8 every day ,spending 1and a half hours sating through takes up 2 much of my time ,especially when every 1 slows down near the bubble ,just a thought wat do u guys think?
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    think i would like to see a sat sit n gos for the open every night ,6 seater scary 2 pound entry,also for the primos too ,if like me u finsh work l8 every day ,spending 1and a half hours sating through takes up 2 much of my time ,especially when every 1 slows down near the bubble ,just a thought wat do u guys think?
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    +1
  • edited August 2009
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    +2
  • edited August 2009
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    + 3
  • edited August 2009
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    + 4
  • edited August 2009
    i think sky poker need to introduce saterlites into offline events not just world series more lowkey events like irish open and other tournements like this dont have time to travel country playing in live saterlites but could win seat into big tournies on sky not enough variation.i also agree with the fellow sky player about the open structure is to quick not enough skill probably why ive won 1 lol.
  • edited August 2009
    What about people who are AWAY! for more than 10 mins they should be disconnected

n Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Understood, but a player "Sat-Out" is Auto-Folded, very quickly, and that's entirely different to someone using up their Time-Bank to deliberately disrupt the game-flow for the rest of the Table.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited August 2009
    I think that there should be more notice of the big tournaments like primo and 15k BH as i work alot of fridays and have my work schedule done a month in advance so unable to enter .

for example the 15k bh has just been adveritise 1 wee in advance , i think that should give more time and it might boost of number of players.

What  do you think
  • edited August 2009
    I think that there should be more notice of the big tournaments like primo and 15k BH as i work alot of fridays and have my work schedule done a month in advance so unable to enter . for example the 15k bh has just been adveritise 1 wee in advance , i think that should give more time and it might boost of number of players. What  do you think
    Posted by RONALDO80
    From what I've heard, they are alternating Primo and the Bounty Hunter every Fiday now. Yesterday was Primo so I'm assuming that next Friday is going to be the big Bounty Hunter. They are both now also going to be £33 buy in instead of £55.
  • edited August 2009

To my mind, the greatest improvement to game play would be to automatically flip cards over in a show down situation.  I cannot believe that Sky do not do this.  It takes away an enormous amount of the drama and enjoyment.   Every other site I have played on does this as a matter of course, as do all live tournaments.  Please would you explain why this vital information is withheld as I believe it does nothing other than detract from the site. 

• edited August 2009
    Hi all,
    I have mentioned this before but to no avail. The card NOTATIONS DO NOT SHOW UP AGAINST THE BLUE BACKGROUND.
    Can anthing be done about it, by me or by the site.
    Best rgards, PHRANK.
  • edited August 2009
    The thing that peeves me off is the min raise button, as it promotes overuse with the bad players. It makes the gaming experience very frustrating sometimes, when you have two or three players doing it. I don't think it makes sense to have this option on a no limit game. I think Sky should dispense with this function to allow for a better gaming experience.  
  • edited August 2009
    absolutely desperate for a time bank and ability to check others' cards at showdown or just to review the hand in motion?

• edited August 2009
    double or nothing S&Gs should have a rake structure of 5% not the current 10% in line with other sites
  • edited August 2009

I think it would be quite usfull to have an easily accesable breakdown of the prizes on the numbers of players. for example normally there will be about 200 people playing a main event but u olny get a decent idea of the prize breakdown just before. somthing like a graph showing numbers against percentages like...

<10  <50       <100
    80%   70%       60%
    20% 20%         30%
            10%         10%              Its no where near accurate but i think it illastrates my idea.

• edited September 2009
    I think it would be quite usfull to have an easily accesable breakdown of the prizes on the numbers of players. for example normally there will be about 200 people playing a main event but u olny get a decent idea of the prize breakdown just before. somthing like a graph showing numbers against percentages like... <10  <50       <100 80%   70%       60% 20% 20%         30%         10%         10%              Its no where near accurate but i think it illastrates my idea.
    Posted by Spinzy1
    +1

yeah this is standard lobby infomation
  • edited September 2009
    more of the 10 seater deepstacks please they are much better than the open which is too quick a blind structure the 10  seater deepstack tournaments are the best game of poker on sky
  • edited September 2009
    make more 10 seater tournaments too many pleyers call with marginal hands in the six seater tournaments the [me included] i have found the 10 seaters are more enjoyable and more real poker is played in these tournaments
  • edited September 2009
    Hello everybody! First of all I would like to appologyse for my english, I'm from Russia and english is not my native! If your poker room wants to see more player from countries of the former soviet union than you have to accept payments through WEBMONEY , all famous poker rooms accept WEBMONEY and I think it's much more convenient !
  • edited September 2009
    dunno if this has been mentioned b4 or not. but i would like to be able to "fold and show" when heads up. also flip the cards on cash tables when all in and have the hand %'s shown on screen (just so i know ive not made a bad call lol)
  • edited September 2009
    dunno if this has been mentioned b4 or not. but i would like to be able to "fold and show" when heads up. also flip the cards on cash tables when all in and have the hand %'s shown on screen (just so i know ive not made a bad call lol)
    Posted by dodgydaz
    Completely agree with all of that. There have been numerous times when I've folded but wanted to show.
  • edited September 2009

Any one not sitting down at the start of free roll games should be eliminated straight away to stop
    players entering and not turning up.Everytime I have played there have been sat playing head to head
    or against 2 players for upto 25 minutes.

• edited September 2009

i think the site is pretty good as is but for me id like to be able to enlarge the screen whilst on a table. its only a small thing but on other sites i always use a full screen when playing as i find it helps keep my attention.