You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Time Bank - you make the point well, imo. It illustrates the problerm precisely - we all want a bit more decision time now & then, BUT......we all get miffed when Players abuse it. A double-edged sword, if ever there was one. On balance, personally, I prefer it "as is".
    Posted by Tikay10
    In all fairness Tikay10 i would exspect that reply from you as time means money for sky , but how would you like them time limits imposed on real tounaments ie: live
  • edited October 2009
    retrain your customer service staff. you could ask the same question to 5 different staff members and get 5 different answers. awful manners too. i've never met one who was polite. they speak to you as though your a child they are trying to pacify. i've complained so much but they do nothing and don't even reply. i'll be looking for a new site where customer service is more of a priority. dissappointed!!
    Posted by shaun84
    On this topic i find the staff to be 1st. class they have allways helped me in the best possible way that they can , and certainly never been rude to me
  • edited October 2009
    iwould have tables at the side and u could move about to have like a drink and also u could dress u re only player up
  • edited October 2009
    would like to see dealer at table andalso would like to be able to change the cards from time to time .also these people that have away sign on for more than five hands should be removed from table as i played one and three people were away for 30min
  • edited October 2009
    Full screen tables would be ok
  • edited October 2009
    Full screen tables would be ok
    Posted by wa3gy
    some of what u say i can agree with skypoker does have its favourite players from time to time also sky say its not rigged i think from time to time it is when you,ve got pocket kings or what other pair u go all in get called with 27 and get beat thats a joke
  • edited October 2009
    What has happened to the t.v. coverage?You used to cover the open live every night.It now seems to be Thursday,Saturday,Sunday and possibly Monday.Are you seriously not covering your biggest tournament of the week?The rest of the week seems to be filled with mind numbing repeats of the previous days action,which is probably exasperatingly fresh in the mind of everyone that watched it.I find myself frustratingly able to repeat some of the commentary word for word.It seems to me that the overwhelming majority of the players that you interview will refer to the live coverage and the chance of seeing their hands on the telly as their main reason for playing on Sky.Why do you want to alienate these people?
    I have to say that the t.v. coverage which was responsible for drawing people to Sky to play is more likely these days for driving them away.No coverage of the biggest tournament, and constant repeating of the same tournament is nonsense.I have seen the same tournament three times this week!!
  • edited October 2009
    just change the hole thing the way the cards come out its rubbish let it not be a 50/50% whatever the hand let the ace not come out almost every flop 50% chance of winning with your high pairs against the rag ace many more fishy things happen constantly so constantly alot of the time i can predict whats coming out next so skyjoker you think you can sort that for me the fishy unreal joke site/.com
  • edited October 2009
    Errrmmmmm................. Have i stumbled into the wrong thread???? I thought this was site improvments not whinge about getting outdrawn thread????/

a couple of points

1) Outdraws HAPPEN (and we all feel that pain of injustice when they do but do you have to carry it about with you  long enough to write it down on here???). I'll give you a hint ladies and gents.... it's called probability for a reason..... because your probably going to win... not that it's divine mandate that you must. If you are 80% fav to win then all that actually tells you is you are guaranteed to lose 20% of the time

2) If like you all say "it only happens on SkyJoker" then where did the name jokerstars come from???

3) It does happen live and before you all claim "Not half as often" thats because you only see half the hands lve.....ratios you see :) thats how it works... more hands you play..... more outdraws you will see K ..... k

now i've got that off my chest can we please have an exportable hand history that can opperate in conjunction with Poker Tracker.... CHeers SkyJoke......erm Skypoker :)
  • edited October 2009
    just a suggestion, how about the winner of all the televised events, play in a monthly televised freeroll and pit their wits against each other.
  • edited October 2009
    Top Idea TheDOn i like that. If monthly isn't possible then what about an end of year MTT With all the open winners from that year. Declare a national Sky poker champ so to speak !!!
  • edited October 2009
    That exactly the kind of thing i meant to say i just was in a hurry and quickly rote it down in breif lol.

It would also in most peoples eye give a change to the Sky Poker Chanel which seems to play the same thing day after day,/
  • edited October 2009
    Think there should be a few re-buy tourneys on the site
  • edited October 2009

for those smaller stakes players we need a 1p 2p cash game because a standard buy in at the moment is £4 so if you have a small bank roll of say £40, your playing at 10 buy ins wich is out of you BR depth.
    allso i think haveing you own pictures as avatars would be good like on poker stars.
    as for the time bank i think we soud hav a 15 second one but the player has to choose to use it as in poker stars if you havent made your decision it will run the time bank

good luck at the tables

Mystery

• edited October 2009
    I would like the optionto muck losing hands to be removed, as it seems a little unfair that you dont get to see the hands that people have been betting against you, and this often helps in getting a read on the player. As on real table if you have called a bet you have to show your cards you cant just fold as you lost.
  • edited October 2009

What I dont like is people that enter sit and go's and dont turn up until the blinds have increased missing out the lower blinds. In tournaments like double up I find this unfair and unsporting there should be a way of removing these people from the tornament if they miss a complete blind round. I understand that due to some circumstances players may get disconnected but not for a whole blind round.

• edited October 2009
    A bad beat of the month comp ie worst one gets into the open or something.  A friend of mine lost with quad tens for instance.  
      On the tv show it would be nice to have a live tourny on tv not just the open replays ect.  I understand why it's there and what kind of tv show it is but an hour a night or week of an english tourny in the vic or nottingham would be amazing.  We dont need to see hole cards.  Just the banter is good to watch.  This would be my personal main change to the product.

• edited October 2009
    ID like to make a suggestion when i win a double up tourney my account gets credited with the cash IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
  • edited October 2009
    please bear with us guys, the release today has caused a few small problems but we will have everything working again soon and all wining will be credited eventually.

thanks for your patience everyone
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Time Bank - you make the point well, imo. It illustrates the problerm precisely - we all want a bit more decision time now & then, BUT......we all get miffed when Players abuse it. A double-edged sword, if ever there was one. On balance, personally, I prefer it "as is".
    Posted by Tikay10

15 second isn't long enough for everyone to peice together a hand on an important decision especially if it is for a lot of money.  I would like to see a extra time bank you cant hit say twice max per game maybe an extra 15 seconds.  You can't really abuse 30 seconds (I'd hope).  Such a small amount of time could save or win people a lot more.  I'm not saying have sixty seconds or a more just a little more.  Thats just me.  
      All the best

• edited October 2009

Turning points into cash by the way of small table tournies i.e 10 seater tables for maybe 100 points each and the winners, 2nd and third get a cash prize.

• edited October 2009
    Myself and partner often play on Sky poker at the same time using the same I.P address. It would be brilliant if we could play in the free rooms and be allowed to play at the same time in the same room. I know this is possible as we have ended up in tournaments in the same room before now. I feel not being able to do this is a let down. So does my partner.  Playing each other in free rooms can in now way lead to fraud as the chips were playing with are free anyway. I would be gratefull for an answer to my question please.

sue196767
  • edited October 2009

PUT SOME OMAHA,STUD AND RAZZ
    GET WITH THE TIMES TEXAS HOLD EM FOR BINGO PLAYERS

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Hadn't even thought of that but yeah, that would be good
    Posted by silentbob
    Exactly what i would, personal avatars, all the same looks silly.look on Pokerstars,
  • edited October 2009
    id say omaha would be great to see on the site
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Exactly what i would, personal avatars, all the same looks silly.look on Pokerstars,
    Posted by mosquito01
      I hate those avatars on pokerstars(my opinion only).  Those pictures of dogs and kids really kill me.  I ask one player with a kid if he was some kind of pedo and was happy to see him go on tilt to me.  It was wrong but very funny for me.  I think I shall go to heck for it but it was well worth it.
  • edited October 2009
    It takes to long for the lobby to update which is pain when trying to join a s&g. 
    Aalso it takes forever to laod a table & quite often I miss the first hand some times more.
    When the table evetually loads every things ok.
  • edited October 2009
    I would personally like the idea of an I'm Ready button across sit & gos. I play turbocharged heads up and I do enjoy them but in the 40 or so seconds it takes for the tournament to start if both players are there and can press an I'm ready button then it would get the game going just a bit quicker. I know sometimes tournaments for players launch slowly but for the special times we are both there and ready it would be great if we could start instantly.

P.S I do like the new upgrade with rematches being allowed
  • edited October 2009
    i think thier should be more speed touraments its turin in to deepstackers
  • edited October 2009
    its not right loosing your monthly points should be a change here.? different range pp tournaments ex  50,100,150,200 etc more often,why not givepp for our monthlys.