You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• codcod
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    i would totally change the way in which the hands are dealt, into a more TOTALLY RANDOM, 100% RANDOM, sofware. because its impossalbe to become and stay a winner with any online random number generater being used to deal each hand because i, you, we all know, that you cannot possibly win every hand which is very un realistic in the sence that in online poker you have to yes HAVE TO LOSE SOME HANDS. why???? if i play any given hand i enter that hand with the thinking i am going to win this hand but for you to MAKE us lose hands due to the fact that we have.... lets say WON the last 4 hands in a row, then you give us KK or AA top 2 hands in poker and you give someone that will probably call the big/ HUGE bet that you put in pre-flop, with the intention of either giving them the nuts on the flop or a 20 outer or something and making them win the hand. this i find is an absolutly rediculas way of running any poker tourniment. it wouldnt be allowed in a live poker game of any standard. the way in which you reward the dreadful players time and time again, giving them the miricle outs they need when you got lets say AK and they got 88, flop 10QJ, and you bet a little or even check and they raise so you re raise and then the all in situation occurs and time for cards on they're backs i think brilliant not a split pot he hasnt got the same, the turn card 8, and river j. oh yes then you gotta remember you are playing at SKY POKER, not in any other game should have just seen it coming, it happens in every single tourniment i play in and my friend exactly the same thing when we are at our local or having a live game in the house or when we play for wales poker league, why we insist on still playing here is beyond us all really, but the example i gave is all this poker site is about and i think many of no ALL of you reading this will say yes you are so right. i play alot of bounty tourniments all for different buy- ins but i WILL NOT buy in for the £10 bounty any more as this is the main one that causes me to lose my poker stack as you at sky poker will not allow me to get very far at all bad beat after bad beat after bad beat in every single one ive ever played in, oh actually there was one that it didnt occur in and guess what i won that one, would you adam and eve it!!!!!!!!! when this doesnt occur i make the money in tourniments but its so hard playing here as i play 20 tounriments with bad beats before i play that one where you dont CHEAT. many thasnks mandy james
    Posted by SHORT1
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site?:
    For a long time this was the only site I'd played poker on. However over the last 6 months I've tried one or two others & came to realise that as much as I like playing here there are certainly some improvements & additions that would be great. Namely, It would be great if I could get a more detailed hand history to help me look back through hands and how I've played them. Currently you can only see what your hole cards were, community cards & final outcome. Also, variations of the game. One of the reasons I tried other sites was because I wanted to learn omaha amongst other variations. Also, better options for player points. Currently there are a couple of small freerolls to use them for but that's it. How about giving options to buy in direct to bigger tourneys or Sky Poker merchandise? One other thing I'd like is a time bank for use on the tables. Sometimes the 15 seconds you get just don't seem long enough in some situations What does anyone else think?
    Posted by silentbob
    i like this post very good comments i back you on this one 100% keep um coming and i hope they do something about it c u at the tables posted by lindasky
  • edited November 2009
    dont  know  what  other  players  think  but  i  would  like  sky    to  give  u  points   for  every  rake  hand  not  every  20  hands   most  other  sites  do   any body  else  think  the  same
    Posted by scrumdown
    yes great idea loads of other sites do, your right why cant this site do the same.posted by lindasky see you at the tables gl
  • edited November 2009
    good points jim, i am sure the sky boys will look into your ideas
    Posted by porkerman
    please give us players bigger touneys, so we dont stray away from this site. cos i wud love this site to go from strength to strength. posted by lindasky thx hope u do smiles
  • edited November 2009
    i would love to see a running jackpot for anyone that got a royal flush, as some sites do have them.pls make this happen as you dont see this hand often thx lindasky.
  • edited November 2009
    Would love to see some Pot Limit Omaha introduced here, it's great fun and if there was some TV coverage on 865 would make for some great action and talking points.
  • edited November 2009

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME 15/20 MIN BLINDS MTT 2000 STARTING CHIPS.OK SKY HAS 12MIN DEEP STACK BUT THAT IS THE ONLY MTT OVER 10MIN BLIND MARK.THE BRUTAL FACT IS LONGER BLINDS MORE SKILL IS NEEDED AND BETTER PLAYERS WILL WIN MORE OFTEN.

• edited November 2009
    AT THE LOGIN PAGE YOU CAN GET TO THE FORUMS LIKE INTRODUCE YOURSELF ,COMMUNITY, BUT I LIKE TO GO TO SHED AND ITS A RIGHT GAME GETTING THERE ALL IT WOULD TAKE AS YOU NO IS A SMALL DROP DOWN LIST WITH THEM ALL ON IT  IT WOULD MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR A FEW I SPOKE TO , THAK YOU  grimsbyro6
  • edited November 2009
    I have asked this question before , but have not had a reply.
    When are we going to be able to have the option of enlargeing the table to fill the screen? Other sites do it, why not sky poker?
    wynne 1938
  • edited November 2009
    let the smaller stack win a hand for once would be a better idea im off ill be using my points for freerolls but sky aint getting another penny from me
    that gareth26 said when calling my all in with 104 c v KK its all a bit of fun
    well it aint when your unemployed getting 63 a week from the dole and someone calls with rubbish and hits
    now come in TK to tell me 60/40 kk v 104c or whatever its a sham especially when it pause to go get the death card
    xmas is a sad state of affairs with 2 kids this year
  • edited November 2009
    i would like to see the avatars change. i reckon it would make a more enjoyable, fun experience if the avatars were 3d and you could edit their appearance to personalise them.  the rest of the site i think is great! :)
    Posted by emzybabe23
    Please noo lol the reason why i chose sky in the first place is that the table layout is simple, i cant stand all the avatar animations and all that makes me feel like im playing the playstation lol, although i would like to see more avatar picture choices
  • edited November 2009
    i think it would be a good idea to put in a satelliete for the 1500 bounty hunter in the afternoon any one agree?
  • edited November 2009
    how about a deuce seven rule on some cash tables! if u win with 72 either by bluffing or outdrawing or whatever all players give u like 4-5 bb's or something, could be fun!
  • edited November 2009
    I would like to see a selection of "smileys" for you to use in the forum. :-)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Time Bank - you make the point well, imo. It illustrates the problerm precisely - we all want a bit more decision time now & then, BUT......we all get miffed when Players abuse it. A double-edged sword, if ever there was one. On balance, personally, I prefer it "as is".
    Posted by Tikay10

why not just make a extra 10 secs and if used you can't use it again for 10 hands(cash games) or you get 30 secs per tourney and once its gone it gone so you could use 15 secs twice or 3 lots of 10 secs (you see my point) in one tourney it seems to work well on some other sites and we all need just a few more secs now and again to think what to do.
  • edited November 2009
    let the smaller stack win a hand for once would be a better idea im off ill be using my points for freerolls but sky aint getting another penny from me that gareth26 said when calling my all in with 104 c v KK its all a bit of fun well it aint when your unemployed getting 63 a week from the dole and someone calls with rubbish and hits now come in TK to tell me 60/40 kk v 104c or whatever its a sham especially when it pause to go get the death card xmas is a sad state of affairs with 2 kids this year
    Posted by kevywevy17
    Assume you are buying entertainment and if you win its a bonus.  Don't put money up unless you can afford to lose it.
  • edited November 2009
    I WOULD LIKE A CHAT ROOM SORT OF THING SO WE COULD ALL CHAT AT THE SAME WHEN YOU LOG IN AND INBETWEEN COMPS AND WAITING FOR YOUR TURN ON A TEN SEATER FOR EXAMPLE, U COULD EVEN HAVE SEPERATE ROOMS ,IE THE SHED ,INTODUCE YOURSELF.  SEE WHAT YOU THINK OR ASK THE OTHER PLAYERS
  • edited November 2009
    how do you find out your history like your tournaments and cash game history
  • edited November 2009
    On the bingo pages there is a small box which is constantly playing SSN, could this be added to the poker pages in the corner on the tables

regards

Pete
  • edited November 2009

First post - here goes!

I think satellite tournaments/sit & go's are a good idea.  Would be nice to see some tournaments where players could use poker points to but into a satellite, where the winner would receive, for example, an entry to a Bounty Hunter tournament.

For example, you could start a 30 seater tournament, with a 50 poker point buy in, where the winner receives a seat to a £2 + 30p Bounty Huner of their choice.

Currently, there must be a lot of players out there, who have loads of Poker Points but nothing to spend them on, as there are only a couple of freerolls where they can be used at present.

What does everyone think?

• edited November 2009
    SirFrank!

1 major inprovement would be ...that im allowed to enter any tourny absolutly free, and that i can see all poket cards on the table ..Knowing my luck, i would still damm well lose!

• edited November 2009
    10p + 2p  DOUBLE  UPS please! I get a good little game, and sky get 20% rake!

10p + 2p  TRIPLE UP  Gated to 18 seats ...all on the top table win and triple up!

Some of us ...me included arnt very well off...struggling artist here! But enjoy an  S&G or MICRO tourney!

1 site i play on has a quadruple up ...10p + 2p Gated to 24 seats ...all win if end up on top table and quadruple up!

The tables are busy 24-7!

Try it ...it works and is very popular!

SirFrank!

• edited November 2009
    BUNNY HOP...

I once played on a site where there were , say 20-40 tables, TOP 3 BUNNY HOP  to the next table, then waited for other players to join that table!

Not sure how this would be organised, but was brilliant in the sense that tying to BUNNY HOP to the next level was real fun...good fun!

I wonder if you could work something out on that score! Oh and the starting stack was only 500 chips, so dint have to wait long! I loved it!

Cheap byin to!

So play  was brisk!
      thx! Sirfrank

• edited November 2009
    WOOPS i forgot to add, that when you hopped to the next table ...you started with 500 chips again...so you dint get players with several thousand chips ...and had a massive advantage! Was really good fun!

Hope you think about it!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Assume you are buying entertainment and if you win its a bonus.  Don't put money up unless you can afford to lose it.
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    Thats not the point you muppet ...i agree with this chap ...im sick of ridiculous sucks outs...its not about the cash..its about our time as well, the point is weather or not you deposit, its the joke RNG !
  • edited November 2009
    I WOULD LIKE A CHAT ROOM SORT OF THING SO WE COULD ALL CHAT AT THE SAME WHEN YOU LOG IN AND INBETWEEN COMPS AND WAITING FOR YOUR TURN ON A TEN SEATER FOR EXAMPLE, U COULD EVEN HAVE SEPERATE ROOMS ,IE THE SHED ,INTODUCE YOURSELF.  SEE WHAT YOU THINK OR ASK THE OTHER PLAYERS
    Posted by grimsbyr06
    you have no chance of that ....we would all  gang up on sky poker ...and they wont have that chap! ive seen it done b4 and its been abrutly dustbined!
  • edited November 2009
       In the chat box change the colour used for flop and hands so they can be read    dark on dark does not work!!!!
    Posted by Huntersix
    i agree!
  • edited November 2009
    I have an account here, but rarely rarely play, because the software client is so awful. Excluding those who multitable, having a tiny window on a modern PC with a monitor resolution of 1680x1050 or 1900x1200 is just unplayable. The software needs the table to be fully resizeable and a lot slicker - it looks like it was designed in 1994. Whether that is via a downloadable client or a simple fix to the Java code is up to SKY. But one advantage of the small resolution Java client is that it could be used on the latest Mobiles. A potential growth market is to ensure the client can also be optimised and is playable on iPhone, Android and the upcoming Palm Pre. Online Poker in your pocket from a trusted source could draw more people in. Hand Histories/PT compatability/more variations/timebank changes etc are all good and well covered already in the thread. But until the software is able to compete with the competition you will struggle to draw in more people.
    Posted by Oojamaflip
    sky poker sux mate ...it always will....i play on other sites all the time now! Flash player poker is garbage!
  • edited November 2009
    we dont wanna be riipped off paying 20% add on fees to play a Double Your Money
    Posted by McRatMan
    good point ...exept...in mini games ..like 10p + 2p...but higher up...i totally agree, its just greed!
  • edited November 2009
     id like dealer and aviator sound added,much more relistic than just the clink of chips. and plus you can hear whats going on if you pop off to make a brew. they have it on blue square. other than that I love the site i love playing in £ s i dont know of any other sites that do and iv tryed loads.
    Posted by mrsbeno
    i agree totally....tata