You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    OK, i came here from PKR due to a friends recommendation, have deposited and span up a bit, but unfortunately i have to air a great number of concerns about the site as a whole which is making me serioiusly reconsider my decision, as playing here is rather stressful and unenjoyable, which is what poker is supposed to be!!

For a start, decision time at the tale is way too short.  Most decisions need less than 15 seconds, yes, I agree, but as many people have mentioned, what about those really tough calls on the river for a huge pot, 15 seconds is definitely not long enough.

Secondly, the software, well, the internet popup tables.  Absolutely awful.  Take an age to load, action buttons are horrible, sliding scale is rubbish. Give your players a downloadable client Sky, please. 

Thirdly, with the tables, Ive lost count of the number of times i've been browsing the net while playing poker, yet there is nothing to tell me its my turn to act, the sound that can be turned on is quiet and insignificant, and all too often I miss a go due to not being told its my turn to act.  On all the other poker sites ive played on, the bar flashes orange/blue (depending on theme) to let me know its my turn to act!

Fourthly, the server is awful, i have never experienced so much lag while playing at a poker site, and i know other people have had the same problem.  It's the same whether I'm on my uni connection or my home one, I quite often miss hands totally due to the table crashing on me, and it seems to happen more when i have a playable hand!

Fifthly, lack of games.  Bringing in Omaha was a great idea, but get some Stud games, Draw games in, more people would be inclined to come and play here then.

Sorry for all the negativity in this post, but its just a few concerns I felt the need to air.
  • edited December 2009

How about a bad beat jackpot? Yes, i know its not about getting your run rivered by a flush etc. I would like to see a really! really!really! bad beat. quads over quads etc! As long as its not me. lol! However, if its a big jackpot it might not be so bad, £1m atleast! lol. Also i agree with the hand history points, more info please.

• edited December 2009
    I think sky has two great things going for it, 1, the community, 2, the TV show. Other than that it is way behind the competition. The software sucks and looks horrible, hand history is terrible, no download version which means tracking software cannot be used, avatars suck (not that i use them but i know people do) Rake seems epensive, poor % of rakeback, no vip promotion (higher level you are the quicker you earn cash points), no store to spend points in. no decent buy-in tourney's that use points. small amount of games available (just hold em and omaha), Not enough 10 seater options in either MTT's or SNG's
    I know this seems harsh but it is meant to be constructive criticisim, if SKY has any desires to be the best it needs to have these in addition to the community and TV show, and not just one or the other.

I really want to come and play on Sky but the lack of a download version, decent hand history option(instant hand replayer) and the poor % of rakeback given, means I watch the show and post on the forum but still play on another site.

I wonder how many people watch and enjoy the show but still choose to play on a different site, quite a few I'd say and that should be telling SKY something.

Salazar
  • edited December 2009
    do you think you could make it clear when we enter an omaha game??!!

ive entered twice now by mistake and i havnt got a clue what im doing??

cheers, neil
  • edited December 2009
    Hi. As much as I enjoy sky poker on the tv I find playing a big dissapointment as the image and the speed is so, not good, I play regularly on full tilt and it seems to be a far more superior site, faster, better arrangements. I cannot seen to make the window on sky poker to the full size of the screen. I dont like the graphics and the tables, to look at on the screen and I find that everything is slow, maybe you should look at full tilt and try to be as good as them? Ty.
  • edited December 2009
    not as many bad beats and suck outs lol
  • edited December 2009
    I've thought this for a while, but with Omaha now on the site I think it warrants bringing up.

There should be some sort of limit on how long someone can be 'Away' before they get chucked. Especially in Sit and Gos, especially DYM Sit and Gos and especially Omaha DYM Sit and Gos. Players who are away for an entire tournament really make it harder to make it to the top three, because all they lose is blinds, they've no risk of losing more by actually playing hands. So you start to find yourself counting down blinds, not playing and waiting for them to inevittably run out of chips. Which slows down the play even more. And with Omaha, you're probably investing more chips in a hand than Hold Em, so the problem becomes worse.

And besides that, I just came 3rd in a DYM and the player who came second was Away the ENTIRE tournament, so basically cashed and got poker points for doing nothing. That can't be right, surely?
  • edited December 2009
    how about rakeback then shrewdys like myself could play on here

you know it makes sense

• edited December 2009
    the lastest change of how one veiws a tourment can not be called a improvement, if i want to ckeck 4 diffrent tournys, i have to open a seprate page for each, wheres as before it was merely click on tourny, press veiw and that was it.  there's someone at skypoker trying to be seen to be comming up with so called new improvements when all they have done is make a second rate site out of what was a first rate site,  please tell me they dont get a bonas for doing so.   someone is on tilt in the skypoker.
  • edited December 2009
    better warning sounds and countdown timer, and just give the pages some more depth in looks
  • edited December 2009
    i would like see poker points leaderboard.more interesting and more fight to get top 150 best players.
  • edited December 2009
    I think that 9 or 10 handed tournament tables would be far more popular than 6 handed tables, & more people would then play on Sky Poker. 
  • edited December 2009
    I cannot seem to find what you can win in the sit and go before actually placing.

Am i missing it, or does it not exist ? If it does not exist, then i would like it to
    be added, so that before playing a game in sit and go, you know where you need
    to place and what you will win if you do.

Thanks.
  • edited December 2009
    If your playing in cash or on a tourny you can't see the cards your opponent folded when it goes down to the river, you should be able to see your opponents hand, have a replay of how the hand occured.

When it is your turn to go on the table you should allow the table to pop if you have other windows going on, there have been many times my hand has been folded when ive been opening another window.

The £50 and £100 gtd tournys are a bit silly in my opinion, you get the same type of tourny but with varied buy ins, one @ £1.10 and the same type of tourny can cost you £5.75?! I dont see the relevance of doin this, maybe someone could explain, bigger tournaments and sit and goes would be good, for example £5 buy in maximum 45-50 players top 7-10 payed and sky could do the wonderful calculations.

I hope these points are raised and hope this site improves somewhat.  Good Luck to all at the tables.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    If your playing in cash or on a tourny you can't see the cards your opponent folded when it goes down to the river, you should be able to see your opponents hand, have a replay of how the hand occured. When it is your turn to go on the table you should allow the table to pop if you have other windows going on, there have been many times my hand has been folded when ive been opening another window. The £50 and £100 gtd tournys are a bit silly in my opinion, you get the same type of tourny but with varied buy ins, one @ £1.10 and the same type of tourny can cost you £5.75?! I dont see the relevance of doin this, maybe someone could explain, bigger tournaments and sit and goes would be good, for example £5 buy in maximum 45-50 players top 7-10 payed and sky could do the wonderful calculations. I hope these points are raised and hope this site improves somewhat.  Good Luck to all at the tables.
    Posted by Scotty83
    Hi Scotty

I could be wrong here (I've not played on many other sites TBH) but I always thought that if your opponent folded on the river then you can't see what they had. However, had they called & mucked then you can see their cards by looking in the hand history (you can pull this up straight after the hand has finished in the game info tab where the chat box is).
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Hi Scotty I could be wrong here (I've not played on many other sites TBH) but I always thought that if your opponent folded on the river then you can't see what they had. However, had they called & mucked then you can see their cards by looking in the hand history (you can pull this up straight after the hand has finished in the game info tab where the chat box is).
    Posted by silentbob

Thats what i meant lol sorry my bad, thanks ill check from now on then....
  • edited January 2010
    this site over the last few weeks  has entered me into sit and goes even though i have not even entered and has played the game without me even known.i reported it and the next night it did the same and took my money again,i was just lucky i knew what should have been in my account,because sky did not know it was happening,there must be hundreds if not thousands that this has happened to but you dont know.then tonight the site has gone mad again and its kept my money.this site is getting worse all the time.i came home early tonight to play in the 11.45 bounty,but cant because they have my money and i am having to listen to my wife nagging at me for leaving the party early and i did not get into the tournement.sky poker this is a disgrace.........paperboy433
  • edited January 2010
    I have not been playing at Sky for a while now, I moved to the ipoker network as there was faster play and higher traffic volume, but having just logged in and seen the new look of the site properly for the first time, I would say improvements have definitely been made already. The play at the table seems a little smoother although still not as smooth as a downladed software obviously. The lobby looks much cleaner and games are simpler to find. The one think I would like to see is the inclusion of mini MTTs such as 50 or100 seat sit `n gos although I appreciate that without as many players these would take some time to fill up. I may just consider making SKY my first choice again now that changes have been implemented as I found the old site just too slow and frustrating.
                             TINK xxx
  • edited January 2010
     there needs more aviators or even better be able to download your own so you havent got quads and triplets on the same table. also you can not have full screen mode. Other than that its the best site ever.
  • edited January 2010
    can sky sort out the problem that everytime me or loads of people i talk to get punished everytime i tranfer money from sky to my bank,  it beat you in every game for a week or 2, everytime with out exception and always with the nuts going in,   it cant be a coindence, to many people say the same thing,  its disgusting getting punnished for taking your winnings out.  dont even try to tell me any different,  just look at my hand history of winning decent money, transfer to bank, and hand history straight after is bad beat after bad beat after bad beat,  theres something really wrong, the stats of loose, loose, loose,  is not stat possible, the odds of winning the lotto is less,  disgusted. you have my full permission to go through my poker hands history,  should i get no reply from sky i know why.
  • edited January 2010
    im new to this site and personally i like the double your money but what i don't like is playing it and 4 players sitting away, so i think to conquer this you should put the blinds up like every minute to make them play woyuld make it alot more fun.

anyone else agree?
  • rd1rd1
    edited January 2010
    option to adjust screen size would be nice (rather than standard or mini view) and also it would be nice to see instant notes by holding cursor over the box rather than loading a box
    on sky tv u should show in bottom corner the current blinds and also players chip stacks after they've bet.
  • edited January 2010
    i would love to see more tornaments for diffrent buy ins like under £1 all way to £100 that have limet off like 200 people befor it starts and can reach up to like 10,000 20,000 runers. that would be grt thanks please get in contact with me if you want to hear me elabirating on this concept it would greatly improve your revenue and popularity with the mathmatical poker players as it is mathmaticly good to play in these tournys thankyou. and hopefully it would run like one every half hour or sumthing depending on  there usage
    Posted by sycamore06
    Hi sycamore

firstly, welcome to the forum. Hopefully that's the first of many posts here.

Please could I ask that you edit your post & remove your Email address as it's against the forum rules to post any personal details such as Email addresses etc.

The thing to remember with Sky is that it's still a very young site which is very much growing. I'm sure that there will come a day when there's a whole multitude of different tournaments to cater for all budgets but I would think at the moment the bigger buy ins are a bit of a non runner. I'm not sure if you're aware at all, but Sky do offer a £110 buy in deep stack tournament on a Sunday night if you're interested in playing at those buy in levels?

Cheers

Jay
  • edited January 2010
    I don't know if it's already been suggested but..

Once a satellite is complete and the seats have been allocated, why can't it just end there? All that happens after is a shove fest.
  • edited January 2010
    The main thing that you should do is make it so you can download the software so that it runs faster, so annoying when you are playing and you have been waiting to join other tables and when the other tables start loading up it freezes the other tables and sometimes folds your winning hands (I am on broadband). You should also have the option to auto reload to full stacks just like you can on Full Tilt (it is so annoying having to keep reloading when you lose a small pot) and it would be helpful if the filters had more options.
    Even though it has some drawbacks SKY poker is definitely the place to play if you are starting out. The players are crazy calling stations :)
  • edited January 2010
    Im fed up of entering tournaments and 75% of my table are not even at their computer and it doesn't give me a chance to make a strong start and leaves me lacking chips late on, they should be automatically booted after 15 hands if they do not reconnect
  • edited January 2010
    i like 2 see more tv tourneys good advertising 4 sky,  like me guessing most people have joined after watching the show .use your advanage more  you could even get more sponsership by selling the tourney name (e.g the carling open ) space on the tables and even on your show in the background ,sky could then add money 2 the tourneys by just passing on % sponsers money 2 the prize money .which would attract more players knowing the return would be better than any other site. this could even be done on none televised tables aswell by doing away with points and rake back.and this would solve the devide between cash players and tourney players,u could just leave the cash tables 2 fight 4 rake back and points. if not in all tourneys try it in the live games is this possible
  • edited January 2010
    i would make it fair
  • edited January 2010
    I think sky has two great things going for it, 1, the community, 2, the TV show. Other than that it is way behind the competition. The software sucks and looks horrible, hand history is terrible, no download version which means tracking software cannot be used, avatars suck (not that i use them but i know people do) Rake seems epensive, poor % of rakeback, no vip promotion (higher level you are the quicker you earn cash points), no store to spend points in. no decent buy-in tourney's that use points. small amount of games available (just hold em and omaha), Not enough 10 seater options in either MTT's or SNG's I know this seems harsh but it is meant to be constructive criticisim, if SKY has any desires to be the best it needs to have these in addition to the community and TV show, and not just one or the other. I really want to come and play on Sky but the lack of a download version, decent hand history option(instant hand replayer) and the poor % of rakeback given, means I watch the show and post on the forum but still play on another site. I wonder how many people watch and enjoy the show but still choose to play on a different site, quite a few I'd say and that should be telling SKY something. Salazar
    Posted by salazar
    i do exactly the same,post on the forum but play elsewhere,only play on here now to use up "useless" points
  • edited January 2010

less repeats of the same games on tv. Ive just looked on ch865 for tonight and apart from play the presenter once again its just primo repeats. There is a TV avatar by the 700 or 750 bounty hunter, but ive never seen it. I was playing regularly on the mastercash tables last week, so when i sat down to watch the 2 hour programme I was dissapointed only to see 5p/10p tables for an hour and 15p/30p for the following hour. They never showed any of the higher limit games and surely this would be more exciting watching for example 1pound/2pound or even 50p/one pound than 5p/10p

Basically less repeats on ch865 and cover more of the games which do the TV avatar by them