You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    i like to beable to play omaha on sky tv as i have not been able to find any,many thanks.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    i would like to see more MTT with the option of using the points as another method of buy in as well. for example... £2.20 buy in or 220 points  i would like to get more value from the points, we can do this by having ring and sit n go games only for the usage of the sky poker points.
    Posted by ARFADAILY
    THIS IS A GREAT IDEA SKY SHOULD TAKE A SERIOUS LOOK AT THIS AS THEIR IS NOT ENOUGH REWARD FOR POINTS
    EG POKERSTARS ? IVE PUT £10 ON THAT SITE AND ENTERED 100S OF FREEROLES TO THE 88K TORNYS ECT AND ITS FREE ?
     EVERTIME ?
     AND IVE DEPOSITED ABOUT £500 ON SKY AND THE REWARDS FOR POINTS ARE DISMULL?????

< I DO PREFER SKY JUST WOULD LIKE MORE REWARD FOR BEING A LOYAL COSTUMER />

AND WHY DO NEW PLAYERS KEEP GETTING ALL THE OFFERS ?? I GOT NOTHING WHEN I JOINED???
    THIS IS JUST LIKE THE SKY TV OFFER OF OLD ????????????? ITS NOT WRITE SKY???????????

I HAVE SKY TV , SKY BROADBAND, SKY TALKTALK, WERES MY REWARDS!
  • edited February 2010
    For me I think the most important improvements needed are better HH and use of a time bank, but the time bank should only be used when requested. Hate playing on Stars when someone isnt at the computer for whatever reason during the tourney and the software lets his 60 second time bank go down... pretty frustrating. I would also love to see some Omaha around sooner rather than later, I've heard it's in the pipeline which is really good news.
    Posted by YoungUn
    GOT TO SAY I WILL BE GUTTED IF THEY AD ANY TIME BANKS ETC THE CHAT BOXES WILL END UP FULL OFZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZJUST LIKE POKERSTARS?
  • edited February 2010
    i like to beable to play omaha on sky tv as i have not been able to find any,many thanks.
    Posted by jamie167
    ? CAN WE HAVE SOME 'SNAP' GAMES AS WELL ? LOL
  • edited February 2010
    Played in the last few TKO's and find it incredibly frustrating that there are />1200 players but for first 40 odd minutes only a few players present.  Is there any way you can delist all the players who havent turned up to play? 
    Posted by BigSkel71
    YEH THIS IS A PROBLEM I WAS ON A FREEROLE THE OTHER DAY N THEIR WAS ONLY 2 OF US AT THE TABLE? SO I HAD 2 KEEP SHUVIN TO TRY N GET OF THE TABLE?
  • edited February 2010
    i would like to see more MTT with the option of using the points as another method of buy in as well. for example... £2.20 buy in or 220 points  i would like to get more value from the points, we can do this by having ring and sit n go games only for the usage of the sky poker points.
    Posted by ARFADAILY
    MAKE IT HAPPEN SKY?
  • edited February 2010
           Dont know if this has been mentioned before but any chance of a READY TO START button. On ft a couple of weeks back(seems more like a couple months) Only three of us left and had to take the five min break.All of us wanted to get on with it as it was near midnight.One of the guys said they have this option on Full Tilt. I know Sky have been having technical problems of late so wouldnt want this to be the FINAL STRAW so to speak but perhaps this could be considered if it hasnt already.
                          All the best
  • edited February 2010
    downloadable software? as soon as ive got 4 tables open, i cant reposition them, change their size or anything along those lines, because it crashes on me and i have to ctrl + alt + del to be able to move my mouse again. I usually play 4-6 tables on a site i used to play on, but now when my 4th table loads i just hope it doesnt load right infront of a table ive already got loaded, or im stuck! is there a way of fixing this by the way or is it porbably down to browser software
    Posted by Hogg321
    Hi Hogg321,

Just seen your post, since i updated to internet explorer 8 i've had same probs. could this be the cause?
  • edited February 2010
    nope cos i have the same problem and i use firefox
  • edited February 2010
    I THINK THE BIGGIST IMPROVMENT,HAS GOT TO BE..WHEN IS THIS POKER SITE GONNA BE DOWNLOADABLE?BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT THIS SITE IS SOOOOOOOOOO SLOW..IT KEEPS STICKING,IS SLOW OPENING A GAME,AND IT ANOYYS ME SO MUCH..AS FOR THE TIME  BANK,IT FINE FOR ME,I KNOW WE IN A FEW SECONDS WEATHER TO CALL,RAISE ETC..SO NO PROBS THERE..THEY SOULD BE MORE FREEROLLS THATS 4 SURE...ITS NOT A BAD SITE THOUGH...
  • edited February 2010
    i have never seen so many bad beats on players before against me and for me,its ridiculous,you just dont see hands like you get on this site in a reel poker game,it leads me to belive its fixed,were playing against a computer not human beings,im quite a good player but playing here makes me feel like a right donkey,cards here are very dogey,just dont see them in reel poker.i understand sky is a buisness,but dont rip us off,at least give us a fighting chance.
    Posted by redjeb02
    hi there red ,to tell you the truth i dont find this site bad at all,go to coral poker,now thats one of the worse sites around 4 dodgy flops,worsed hand always catches  by river and wins big pots,also full tilt  just as bad..what i noticed in some  tourniment games  , ive played is,you waiting 4 ages to get a good winning hand,so got to be very patient on here.....
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : I agree totally if other sites can do it why not sky. The other site I am playing on are running a $5000 freeroll at the moment for a buy in of 20 points. The top 200 in each daily freeroll go through to a $250,000 end of the month freeroll so I cant see why sky cant give something back to thier loyal customers.
    Posted by bigred147
    That sounds brill big,what site you playing at,,i want to join...lol
  • edited February 2010
    OK, i came here from PKR due to a friends recommendation, have deposited and span up a bit, but unfortunately i have to air a great number of concerns about the site as a whole which is making me serioiusly reconsider my decision, as playing here is rather stressful and unenjoyable, which is what poker is supposed to be!! For a start, decision time at the tale is way too short.  Most decisions need less than 15 seconds, yes, I agree, but as many people have mentioned, what about those really tough calls on the river for a huge pot, 15 seconds is definitely not long enough. Secondly, the software, well, the internet popup tables.  Absolutely awful.  Take an age to load, action buttons are horrible, sliding scale is rubbish. Give your players a downloadable client Sky, please.  Thirdly, with the tables, Ive lost count of the number of times i've been browsing the net while playing poker, yet there is nothing to tell me its my turn to act, the sound that can be turned on is quiet and insignificant, and all too often I miss a go due to not being told its my turn to act.  On all the other poker sites ive played on, the bar flashes orange/blue (depending on theme) to let me know its my turn to act! Fourthly, the server is awful, i have never experienced so much lag while playing at a poker site, and i know other people have had the same problem.  It's the same whether I'm on my uni connection or my home one, I quite often miss hands totally due to the table crashing on me, and it seems to happen more when i have a playable hand! Fifthly, lack of games.  Bringing in Omaha was a great idea, but get some Stud games, Draw games in, more people would be inclined to come and play here then. Sorry for all the negativity in this post, but its just a few concerns I felt the need to air.
    Posted by mattc162
    Yes i agree in most you say matt..it does need to be downloadable,it very slow,i could carry on but it late,and so tired..so sky please download it soon..but i did think pkr poker was slow as well,that why i left..but the affects are great..ok cheers and night..
  • edited February 2010
    close it, its a joke. always the same hands. worse hand wins.two pair, aces never win .it wants regulating better .
    i would like to know how many times i have been winning until the river.How many flushes,loads .
    random cards by ****. it wouldnt suprise me if the winners of games work for sky. If only i could prove there is wrongdoing,just like those phone in games on TV, and they got found out.
  • edited February 2010
    I would like to see a player who times out 3 times in succession be eliminated What improvements would you make to the site?:
    For a long time this was the only site I'd played poker on. However over the last 6 months I've tried one or two others & came to realise that as much as I like playing here there are certainly some improvements & additions that would be great. Namely, It would be great if I could get a more detailed hand history to help me look back through hands and how I've played them. Currently you can only see what your hole cards were, community cards & final outcome. Also, variations of the game. One of the reasons I tried other sites was because I wanted to learn omaha amongst other variations. Also, better options for player points. Currently there are a couple of small freerolls to use them for but that's it. How about giving options to buy in direct to bigger tourneys or Sky Poker merchandise? One other thing I'd like is a time bank for use on the tables. Sometimes the 15 seconds you get just don't seem long enough in some situations What does anyone else think?
    Posted by silentbob
  • edited February 2010
    still beats me how 2 and 3 outers r hit on the river so often surely if it were random this wouldn happen so much.
  • edited March 2010
    Definitely more cash tables, esp. at lower stakes, I can't ever get on to play!!
  • edited March 2010
    Please can we have a 'rail' button in the game lobby?...esp for cash games!!!

x
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Completely agree. In fact this has been suggested previously but (I personally feel) has been ignored. Apparently bigger max buy ins is what the majority of micro stake punters want but I disagree. I play a fair amount of 4/8 & 5/10 cash and hate the fact that someone can sit down at 5/10 with £20. If I wanna play with £20 then I go play 10/20. Besides, as far as I can tell (I only play on 1 other site) every other site has a cash buy in limit of 100BB unless it specifically states it's a deep stack table.
    Posted by silentbob
    I play on 8 different sites and can confirm that to be correct.
  • edited March 2010
    still beats me how 2 and 3 outers r hit on the river so often surely if it were random this wouldn happen so much.
    Posted by baz___1
    This happens all the time on all sites and live unfortunately its all part of the game.
  • edited March 2010
    hi all

why not start the open at 7pm maybe 7.30pm still comment from 8pm will be finished for midnight would benefit people who are working early monday
  • edited March 2010
    RAKEBACK!!!!! Why do people play for anything other than micro stakes without any rakeback? Especially when 99% of online poker rooms offer in the region of 30% rakeback?  More value for points!   Points are pretty worthless as they are now. More freerolls. A small time bank (additional 15-30 seconds) that a player can choose to use when needed. Once used, its only refilled after say 5 minutes or 5 hands. Better hand history/downloadable hand history. More 10max tables. More cash tables. Decrease max buy in amount for micro stakes. Its very off putting to play at micro stakes when someone sits down with £10 and calls every hand, every street, and pushes all in on the river. Earlier start times for larger tourny's.
    Posted by WhodaThunk

Agree with this.....

100 BB limit is spot on!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Completely agree. In fact this has been suggested previously but (I personally feel) has been ignored. Apparently bigger max buy ins is what the majority of micro stake punters want but I disagree. I play a fair amount of 4/8 & 5/10 cash and hate the fact that someone can sit down at 5/10 with £20. If I wanna play with £20 then I go play 10/20. Besides, as far as I can tell (I only play on 1 other site) every other site has a cash buy in limit of 100BB unless it specifically states it's a deep stack table.
    Posted by silentbob

Agree with this..... 

Does Sky take any notice of this, and are there any plans for any of these changes???
  • edited March 2010
    Downloadable
    100 BB buy in max on ze cash tables.
    Resizable tables- small to full screen [like FT]
    Better points
    More freerolls- & register hour or 2 before so players are available not away!
    Stop the laggigng n freezing n timing out [propa timer/number countdown not that bar that moves at dif speeds]
    Diff avatars [like the ones we can use on the forum]
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : Agree with this.....  Does Sky take any notice of this, and are there any plans for any of these changes???
    Posted by SDodger

for sure we do. we are always watching and keeping an eye on things. i also do pass on feedback and update you all if changes are likely.
  • edited March 2010
    Have just read a bit about the Avatars that was posted last year, new to the site and this is first time to read these posts. I think improved Avatars would be great, I feel we are very limited in the ones on offer, why can't there be more?
  • edited March 2010
    Definitely more cash tables, esp. at lower stakes, I can't ever get on to play!!
    Posted by Rixpage
    I agree, also there should not be scope for some players to have seats at more than one table if others are waiting who have no seat!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site? : for sure we do. we are always watching and keeping an eye on things. i also do pass on feedback and update you all if changes are likely.
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Nice 1 Rich....   jus checkin............  
  • edited March 2010
    It would be great if u could add ukash as a deposit method.  Netteller is a step forward though :)
  • edited March 2010
    2 slow say no more