You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    still beats me how 2 and 3 outers r hit on the river so often surely if it were random this wouldn happen so much.
    Posted by baz___1
    Believe me, if this site was rigged, I'd have lost every penny as Sky must hate me.

I have been banned from the chat
    I get angry on here
    I call the number for customer services angrily regularly

You need to improve your game methinks!

• edited March 2010
    Can we have longer when we have sat out before we are kicked of the table?

Seems to me that when I have sat out  the amount of time given varies.

Can we have at least say 5 mins before we get kicked of the table?
  • edited March 2010
    started playing on my tv , now have a computer that hates the flash player thing , when is the downloadable version coming ? love to watch the tv shows but would like to play them noot possible at the moment . cheers .
  • edited March 2010
    what about the supposed london invention of 7-2 single or triple draw or 5 card for more variety stud to and horse and 8 game, that should keep ya busy for a year or 2 lol
  • edited March 2010
    what about snap and go fish or hearts to lmao
  • edited March 2010
    I think that's good
  • edited March 2010
    Some sort of optional limiter on what levels you can play, like the cool off function where you can stop yourself playing but for specific levels to aid bankroll management...

I decided late last week I'd start off with £10.. play 30p/55p and 60p sit n go's and when I get to 50 buy-ins for the next buy-in up, I'd raise the stakes.
    But 2 or 3 dodgy beats in a row and variable odd's rattle round in my head, and its off to a higher stake to attempt to keep the trend going up, because surely I can't lose 4 in a row?!
    So far I've been lucky and won both of the higher staked games I've played, but the whole point of leaving 50bb's is to allow for a bad streak of beats..

I am certain I'm not alone when it comes to very poor bankroll management! as it is so easy to enter a STT that only requires one more player to start, and while entering thinking if I win this I'm back on course towards my target..

If some whiz could come up with a very complex function that only allows you to play in games that you set yourself for a period of time, or until you reach a number in your bankroll, I'm sure I would and everyone else interested in serious bankroll management would be grateful!

for example.. if I decide I only want to play at 60p or below levels for 4 weeks unless my bankroll = £57.50 (50 1.15 buy-ins).. it becomes impossible for me to play games above 60p for 4 weeks, unless my bankroll is sufficient enough to move up to the next level! 

A lot to ask for possibly a little problem but would help the fight the greedy side in most of us and promote better bankroll management on the site 
  • edited March 2010
    A quicker way to sit out and leave a cash table, every time i sit out and close the table it popps up again and so i havto wait til the current hand is over before exiting.

in cash games to have a a few 50bb minimum tables coz i hate playing with short stackers.

A "remember buy in amount" button would be great in cash and a quicker way to top up to that amount after gettin a bad beat lol

Lastly a time bank would be great those extra seconds could be crucial in making the correct decision (not a long time bank mind!) 

THANK YOU SKY!! 
  • edited March 2010
    I've played on many other sites in the past, mainly on stars, and the 1 thing i would change about this 1 is the inability to go full screen, or drag it to the side to do the screen split on Windows 7.
  • edited March 2010
    Just a small comment. I would like to be able to use emoticons!I'm new to the site and find it quite good. I'm not sure I'd like to add more time i.e. time banks-unless it was for a shorter period than a minute-maybe 15/20 seconds. As for the avatars-I agree you should be able to download your own pictures. Thanks. I apologise if this is repeating what someone else has written.GL
  • edited March 2010
    add ukash as an option!  but isnt that obvious every other site has it why not here ?
  • edited March 2010
    Definitely need to introduce something extra to do with our Sky Poker points.  Merchandise would  be good, as well as buy-ins to bigger tourney's via Poker Points.   Even if you charged 500 points, this would give players something to aim for, and would therefore make them play more.
  • edited March 2010
    Definitely need to introduce something extra to do with our Sky Poker points.  Merchandise would  be good, as well as buy-ins to bigger tourney's via Poker Points.   Even if you charged 500 points, this would give players something to aim for, and would therefore make them play more.
    Posted by swagman739
    Couldn't agree more swagman. I don't know if you've seen this thread (below) but I copied an Email that I sent to Sky about this to try and get some sort of feedback, See what you think

• edited March 2010
     I would like to see an improvement of the blind structures when playing the freerolls, i am thankful for the opportunity but 5 minute levels are just a bit to speedy.
    I understand you dont want a long drawn out game.
    Im not sure if i stand alone on this point, but for players such as myself with limited funds and no bankroll it would be nice to be able to have a bit more play and let skill levels prevail.
    Kindest regards Adam.
  • edited March 2010
    why cant we have more actual freerolls,not ones requiring points as we earned these points and were not given them!other sites do real freerolls,not piddling excuses for them!20 quid freeroll i had to beat 340 people to win a pound lmao 2 hours for a quid,50p an hour lol.come on sky sort yourselves out,and give something back!i know a lot of people who have defected to other sites.........cough cough pokerstars
  • edited March 2010
    and an answer would be nice please
  • edited March 2010
    n Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Have just read a bit about the Avatars that was posted last year, new to the site and this is first time to read these posts. I think improved Avatars would be great, I feel we are very limited in the ones on offer, why can't there be more?
    Posted by CUJimmi
    sky censored my avatar said it promoted violence and self mutilation!!!! 
    it was a picture of me lol so i had to up load my present one !absolutly ridiculous and quite cheeky too,is the customer not always right sky lol?

• edited March 2010
    I would love to see some limit and pot limit 2-7 lowball cash tables and sit and goes. I know a lot of people have prolly never tried this variation before and therefore might find this a odd request, but i can asure you, if you give it a go you would be hooked. It really is a fun variation of the game. A lot of people think that there aint much skill involved due to the multiple draws, but trust me , there is.! If you have never tried it, have a go, and if like me you find it an enjoyable variation, post on here and maybe if there is enough support for it a few games might just appear on SKY POKER....!!!

• edited March 2010

YOU HAVE GOT TO INTRODUCE A 50BB MINIMUM ON ALL CASH TABLES! IT IS A JOKE WHEN SOME SITS DOWN ON A TABLE WHERE THERE ARE 5 PLAYERS WITH FULL STACKS WHO ARE ENJOYING THEMSELVES PLAYING PROPER POKER AND SOME ANNOYING LITTLE IDIOT COMES ALONG WITH JUST 10BB AND STARTS GOING FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,ALL IN, FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,ALL IN,
    FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD :(

I WANT TO PLAY POKER NOT FLIP FOR STACKS!

SORT IT OUT SKY, I LOVE PLAYING ON YOUR SITE BUT TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THE BIGGER SITES LIKE FULL TILT AND POKERSTARS AND THEY HAVE ALREADY BANNED SHORT STACKERS.

• edited March 2010
    Apologies if this has been suggested already:

I've had some cracking advice from forum users recently, and as a beginner player thats really appreciated. Perhaps the ability to rep/kudos/thumbs up those who have helped out, and the obvious negged/thumbs down/etc for the duffers lol!

Cheers.
  • edited March 2010
    We need a big monthly tournament! I realize this site is relatively small but surely we could have a monthly 50k gtd?

What do you think?
  • edited March 2010
    I think the introduction of a Sky Poker merchandise shop would be a good idea.   Players could use their Poker Points to purchase Sky Poker Merchandise, for example stress balls, pens, jackets, t-shirts etc... much like the Sky Poker Goodie bags we see on the programme.  Most poker sites have these, and I think it would give a lot of players the incentive to play more.  What does everyone think?
  • edited March 2010

Treble Your Money

18 seater, 3000 chips, 5 min blinds, top 6 players treble their money.

And more avatars to choose from would be nice.

• edited March 2010
    How about making the site a little quicker on joining games, very often you join a game only to find out you're too late, this does not happen on other sites such as Full Tilt, yet they have many more players online
  • edited March 2010

certain players multi tableing.limit to 2 tables. give others a chance.eg. BIG SHANN

• edited March 2010
    ^^^ shut up 
    learn how to play

• edited March 2010
    i dont know if this has bin said,but can,t we have red beige for cash and blue beige for tournys on screen like you have on 865
  • edited March 2010
    Sky has many double your money single table tournaments like other sites and they prove to be very popular. I would like to suggest a double your money tournament as I have only seen this on one site and it is also  very popular it would also give beggining players a chance to cash in a tournament with a lot more players in it. The value to the customer would make this a popular tournament as they will be getting a lot of poker for thier buy in and a good chance to double up thier stake at a more relaxed and enjoyable pace. I hope Sky at least thinks about this as I enjoy playing them very much.
  • edited March 2010
    i would like to see the avatars change. i reckon it would make a more enjoyable, fun experience if the avatars were 3d and you could edit their appearance to personalise them.  the rest of the site i think is great! :)
    Posted by emzybabe23
    yes, good idea. having six players around a table who look the same is crazy. Personalised avatars please.

Also when playing, my button options freeze "fold" "check" etc.... and I can only play the game in mini view. It does my head in 8-(
  • edited March 2010
    Seems a lot of people would like to see better options for using sky poker points but sky dont seem to listen ,  still the same old cheap freerolls that just turn into a all in lottery . I used to use the site almost every day but rarely do now and idid notice last night that tuesdays main 8 pm tourni prize was down to  £3000 ,  this used to be  £5000 or more . Maybe the lack of support should give them a hint  .