You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What improvements would you make to the site?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Hi Seaspirit,

Thanks for those suggestions and possible ways to rectify them.

I have forwarded your ideas to our management team so I will let you know the outcome when I hear anything.

GeeSBee- Unfortunately, we cannot make the tournament load automatically, the system requires an "action" from all participants before it is able to load I am afraid.

Thanks again,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Seaspirit (again!),

I forwarded your post onto our poker management team and they have replied to me today.

They said that they think your suggestion is a very good one and will be implementing it at some point. They did say, however, this is not an easy development so it may be a while before you see it in action!

With regards to your suggestion about table maximum etc, they have replied with the following:

"Reducing isn’t ‘allowed’ heads up as such. If everyone leaves the table, leaving it empty, then when a player returns he is not bound by reducing rules as it is deemed a new session. This is the same for heads up and 6 seat/10 seat tables."

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    Would it be at all possible whilst playing at a table to contuine chatting with your fellow players,but to block out any chat from people who are just railing .
           Sometimes the chat from those who are railing is quite funny and does help pass the time if you are not involved in the current hand ,but a lot of the time these railers do not know when to just shut up and let the players get on with playing poker .
           There are certain well known players/railers on this site but i am not allowed to name them that do not know when it is time to just be quite .I just wondered if that would be possible if not i will have to learn to just ignore them.  Thank you .
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Chew07,

I am afraid you cannot block individuals from the chat feature. We can block users from chatting from our end but only if there is evidence of them using foul and abusive language or they are breaching our terms and conditions.

Sorry about that.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: What improvements would you make to the site?:
    Hi guys,  silentbob: I have passed your suggestion on to our poker management team and I will get back to you shortly with their response. 
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Hi Jordan

Any response on my request about the buy in for 5/10p cash tables yet?

Cheers

Jay
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Jay,

Sorry about the delay.

From next week we have made some changes to our Guarantees. Unfortunately, for now, this will not affect the cash tables, however, we are due to update most of the tables in the coming months. I have made your suggestion high priority so, if anything changes, I wil let you know.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2010
    hi
    the structure of the tourneys is pretty good for the likes of myself who start work early other sites end up finishing at 3 and 4am in the morning if your lucky enough to be still in ,but if they can be made quicker or start slightly earlier (not necessarily on air)it may be a better format there is also the possibility of dropping the cost and making it a rebuy for the first hour
  • edited September 2010
    Afternoon,

Soz if this has been covered elsewhere, but I was wondering how the plans to make the game playable in browsers other than IE were coming along? SP is the only thing I use IE for nowadays and its sluggishness and uber lengthy load times compared to chrome are depressing. I often have to begin tourneys several hands in due to said load time and I've lost count of the time it freezes in the middle of hands or just before new ones, giving you no chance of even playing in that hand. If there are plans afoot, super sweet. If not, why not?
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Senghog,

Have you tried Mozilla Firefox? That has good interaction with our site.

We also have a download client coming to the site soon so that should help you out as well!

Hope that helps,
    Jordan
  • edited October 2010
    Kick off the bingo players, it really does make the site come across as rigged
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Senghog, Have you tried Mozilla Firefox? That has good interaction with our site. We also have a download client coming to the site soon so that should help you out as well! Hope that helps, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan

>> Download client ?? Happydays,, when will that be ? B.T.W,, will it have a time bank?

/>> also improvment would be able to sit out longer than 5min,, because in tourney 5min breaks are available,, only makes sense to have it on cash tables also, instead of 3mins ..
  • edited October 2010
    I would like to see a win no loose policy ie when the pot is split, winners gets back at least what they put in. split games only applies to the half you win in high / low splits.

• edited October 2010

1) I wont explain the scenario it should be obvious. When there are "Two" 0r "More"......"Winners"
    (Not Split Pot) you should really be putting Main Pot Winner, Side Pot 1 Winner, Side Pot 2 Winner etc, etc.
    (Not just Winner)

2) On the All In Showdowns,  /> />>>> Plese can you SLOW down the "Community Cards Deal"
     Half the  fun of the Showdown is working  out and looking for your OUTS,  The excitement of looking for any 7 or a 2 or a Heart etc etc is somewhat lost , when the community cards are dealt so fast.

And thats NOT even including your opponents OUTS. /> />> OMG Any Running Spades or Any J or A and I lose. or if the board pairs it wont help my Hand (A-3), etc,etc.........

Thanks For Reading.........
  • edited October 2010
    What about satallites to live events like EPT/WSOP/GUKPT events etc?
  • edited October 2010
    hi sky poker my improvements would be to be able to play poker from my phone internet please sky poker could you try and get it for phones?
  • edited October 2010
    is it possible to change my location as iv moved from where it says on my avatar?
  • edited October 2010
    is it possible to change my location as iv moved from where it says on my avatar?
    Posted by hulk24
    If you go to "My Account/My details" you can change your address settings.

Steve
  • edited October 2010
    Ok this may come across as a bit harsh but here we go...

I like Sky Poker and really enjoy playing on the site. I am a loyal player and I believe the tournament schedule must be sorted out. 

I am a tournament player yet I play almost only cash on this site. There are only 2 tournaments a night worth playing at the moment - the 8pm ME and the 9.30pm BH. 

With Team Sky Poker coming into effect, we need a proper tournament schedule and guarantees that are going to attract these people to stay and increase the quality and numbers on the site. People will look at TSP and think it's something they would like to do, play the ME tournament and then be scratching their heads wondering what to do next. Play the 9.10pm 200gtd? Are you serious? A 40 runner 5.50 MTT? It's just poor.

We need these tournaments to have bigger guarantees, sure you might make a small loss at first but it will be profit in the long run as it will attract more runners and players will be coming to the site from elsewhere.

We need another biggish tournament a night, we need the 9pm gtd back from being a re-buy, we need the 10pm velocity back from being a rebuy and we need those 5.50 tournaments to actually mean something instead of being a waste of time.

Seriously not nearly enough people are going to bother with TSP unless there is some sort of decent tournament schedule on offer and it needs to be sorted out!

Rant over!
    Pryce6
  • edited October 2010
    9 handed tourneys would be awsome.
    Posted by M1chael[/QUOTE
    full tables bring in on that will sort out the players from the muppets lol
  • edited October 2010
    try to make it where if your the short stacked player you will lose 99.9% of the time in an all in showdown,usually on the river,not just this site though Ladbrokes,pokerstars,william hill i've tried them all looking for a fair and honest game but have'nt found one yet.
    fair up the odds of winning showdowns not just stacked players hitting to quicken the games up.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site?:
    1. I would like to enlarge the table + card  size with dragging not the table surroundings only.
    2. Please remove hotometer. It isn't remotely useful in fairness.
    3. You must admit that sooner or later the avatars have to change. The ones in use at present probably deter first- time users. I find them a little creepy to be honest. Eventually you must work towards downloadable images of the players choice for that personal touch. Up to that point some flags or or other images maybe preferable.
    4. Always seat me here a good choice. It gets boring to constantly rotate in tourneys everytime you change tables.
    5. HH's same as others views.
  • edited October 2010
    Windows that can actually be tiled properly would be nice, multitabling is ridiculously hard when you have to constantly be checking windows that won't bring themselves to the top, that you can't see because resizing is almost impossible
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to What improvements would you make to the site? : 1. I would like to enlarge the table + card  size with dragging not the table surroundings only. 2. Please remove hotometer. It isn't remotely useful in fairness. 3. You must admit that sooner or later the avatars have to change. The ones in use at present probably deter first- time users. I find them a little creepy to be honest. Eventually you must work towards downloadable images of the players choice for that personal touch. Up to that point some flags or or other images maybe preferable. 4. Always seat me here a good choice. It gets boring to constantly rotate in tourneys everytime you change tables. 5. HH's same as others views.
    Posted by shelski

+1.        agreed with this...
  • edited October 2010
    Can we please change the maximum buy in amount for the 5p/10p cash tables?? On every other site unless it's specifically a shallow or deep stack table the maximum buy in is 100bb so why do we allow people to buy in for £20!!! If I wanted to sit down at a cash table with £20 I'd play the 10p/20p tables. As an alternative suggestion for those that actually like to buy in for this amount, could you not do the same as the 2p/4p tables & have maybe 2 tables that allow £20 max buy in (obvs the 2p/4p ones are £10 max buy in!)?
    Posted by silentbob

+1. agreed with this,  have said it myself at some point.
  • edited October 2010
    Hi guys,

I have forwarded your messages onto our poker management team. If any of these suggestions can be implemented I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited November 2010
    a game ov bingo
  • edited November 2010
    Already implemented, it's called the thursday night bounty hunter
  • edited November 2010

i think youd get alot of custom if you made the monday night deepy every night

• edited November 2010
    A clickable link at the bottom of Forum threads that take you back to the top.
  • edited November 2010
    1. first time each week, player is given an opportunity to bet 10 pence (once only) into a draw for the best hand of the week, say from sunday morning to last game saturday.
    2. if successful could expand to best three hands. equal hands split prize.
    3. will need a menu tab to pull down and show each players position this week against their own best hand.
    4. not dependant on any skill. best hand is likely to have been a good hand and played anyway.