You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes to cash games

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Here are a few changes I would like to see to the cash tables, I think all other players would agree but please post your thoughts too.

1) Buyins- all tables 20bb min 100bb max,(can we have suggested amount to 100bb not 40bb)
2) Types of games - Get rid of all fixed limit and pot limit games no one plays them just clutters lobby up.
3) Blind levels - Get rid of all different levels e.g. 80nl,100nl,200nl,300nl,400nl,500nl. I would suggest having 5NL,10NL,20NL,50NL,100NL,200NL,500NL,1000NL. Just daft having so small increments.
4) When people sit out either they have lost there stack or taking a break can we make it a standard 5 min, theres not enough time to have a break and people who have lost their stack seem to be left there ages.

Comments

• edited May 2010

I for one am happy as the cash tables are why change it   dtw
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes to cash games:
       I for one am happy as the cash tables are why change it   dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    +1
  • edited May 2010

when a player has lost his stack the top up page should auto pop up and not just sat out, he or she then has 30 seconds to reload or they will be stood from the table.

• edited May 2010
    when a player has lost his stack the top up page should auto pop up and not just sat out, he or she then has 30 seconds to reload or they will be stood from the table.
    Posted by freechips1
    +1

I think the problem here is that too any people click the x at the top right without standing which sits you in until you get booted.

I say when you click the x you stand
  • edited May 2010
    can we have auto reload option pls so your stack is reloaded whenever it falls under 100bbs.

• edited May 2010
    Auto top up as offshoot said would be very useful
  • edited May 2010
    i agree with auto top up and making you stand when you click the x
  • edited May 2010
    also make the filters in the lobby remember your preferences and have more filters so you can make it only show certain limits for example
  • edited May 2010
    can we have auto reload option pls so your stack is reloaded whenever it falls under 100bbs.
    Posted by offshoot
    Would love to see this...not really bothered about the other stuff tbh.
  • edited May 2010
    Can we also have the option to block an individuals chat at the table, and not just have to completely turn chat off
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Changes to cash games:
    Here are a few changes I would like to see to the cash tables, I think all other players would agree but please post your thoughts too. 1) Buyins- all tables 20bb min 100bb max,(can we have suggested amount to 100bb not 40bb) 2) Types of games - Get rid of all fixed limit and pot limit games no one plays them just clutters lobby up. 3) Blind levels - Get rid of all different levels e.g. 80nl,100nl,200nl,300nl,400nl,500nl. I would suggest having 5NL,10NL,20NL,50NL,100NL,200NL,500NL,1000NL. Just daft having so small increments. 4) When people sit out either they have lost there stack or taking a break can we make it a standard 5 min, theres not enough time to have a break and people who have lost their stack seem to be left there ages.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Point 1 - I agree with this although for those that like to play really deep there could be 1 deep stack table available for every level. I used to play a fair bit of 10NL & I still can't understand why you can sit down with 200bb!

Point 2 - Generally agree with this although I have seen a few of the pot limit tables going so maybe keep those (1 available for every level though)

Point 3 - Personally I disagree with this. Although I'm fairly sure there's not particularly a big jump in skill level between close levels (ie 20NL then 30NL), I can see it can help people slowly move up the levels without feeling way out of their depth. I mainly play 20NL at the moment but would'nt feel comfortable jumping straight up to 50NL. Maybe it's a psychological thing? At the moment I sit down with £20 but jumping up to NL50 would mean sitting down with £50 which I think for most people would be kind of scary & that would affect their game. Of course, good BR management should come into play here as well if you're gonna jump levels but I think a lot of people (probably most) feel more comfortable making the jumps in smaller steps.

Point 4 - Yeah I agree with this. I think on cash tables you should be given at least 5 minutes & maybe it could even increase if you've been there for a while? I think that when you lose your stack you should get a pop up giving you 20-30 seconds to reload or you're automatically booted off. I find it really frustrating waiting for a seat to come available cos someone's not bothered reloading & have just clicked the X rather than the stand button.
  • edited May 2010

Great thread!

And that's exactly how to present a "wish list" Thread, nice one ajs.

I'll send it to the Suits right away, & again on Monday after some more feedback is Posted.
  • edited May 2010
    Can we also have the option to block an individuals chat at the table, and not just have to completely turn chat off
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    +1
  • edited May 2010
    Don't ghet rid of limit omaha, think of the carnage!
  • edited May 2010
    wat ajs said shortstackers ruin the games.

There was a 100bb a 300bb and a 350bb stack last night playing, and 2 11 bb stacks sat down, completely ruins the game. Follow other sites lead and destroy the short stacks!!! pls to be doing so sky. auto top up we dont need the max button is awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    Can I get some more aces!
  • edited May 2010
    wat ajs said shortstackers ruin the games. There was a 100bb a 300bb and a 350bb stack last night playing, and 2 11 bb stacks sat down, completely ruins the game. Follow other sites lead and destroy the short stacks!!! pls to be doing so sky. auto top up we dont need the max button is awesome.
    Posted by beaneh
    Yeh, I had never been so tilted last night :)
  • edited May 2010
    Bank?
    Posted by BrownnDog

Keep dreaming
  • edited May 2010

a few 50bb min tables so you can avoid the shorties.

• edited May 2010
    1) Buyins- all tables 20bb min 100bb max,(can we have suggested amount to 100bb not 40bb)

Why make the buy-ins at all tables this restrictive? A range of buy-in tables at each level (all clearly indicated) would surely be preferable so that those who prefer to play short and those who prefer to play deep can choose. I see nothing to be gained by forcing people who like to play short to play on another site.
    I can't say that I'm bothered about the "suggested amount" either - it's simple enough to click on "maximum".

2) Types of games - Get rid of all fixed limit and pot limit games no one plays them just clutters lobby up.

These types of games can easily be removed from your personal lobby by using the filters in the lobby. It would be useful if all selected filters were retained between sessions (if this is not already the case).

3) Blind levels - Get rid of all different levels e.g. 80nl,100nl,200nl,300nl,400nl,500nl. I would suggest having 5NL,10NL,20NL,50NL,100NL,200NL,500NL,1000NL. Just daft having so small increments.

Again, I see nothing to be gained from this. Just because you choose not to play at other levels doesn't mean that those who choose to should be penalised. Many people like to work their way up through the levels and would feel restricted if they had to make significant step-ups in levels.

4) When people sit out either they have lost there stack or taking a break can we make it a standard 5 min, theres not enough time to have a break and people who have lost their stack seem to be left there ages.

Removing people who have lost their stack in a more timely manner would be useful.
    If the break were longer than 5 minutes then I wonder if it would be abused by people sitting out and occupying a chair. I can see no reason for people doing this but some poker players are strange.
    An automatic top-up facility would be great.
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    Mere novice, thanks for your opinions,
    1) Reason I suggested this is to stop people buying in for 10 bb. Short stackers are really important for the game but for example last night I sat at 200nl with £200 3 people joined me with £20, it just aint poker.
    2) Not really that bothered about this was just an idea I thought would tidy things up.
    3) I play 80 to 500nl. There are two reasons for this idea, firstly to make the blinds easy round numbers just to make life easier and secondly I try to get higher games going at the site and I think if there wasnt so many different levels people would get in the habbit of playing 500nl and we could get a few tables going everyday, rather than 1 day 1 300nl table next 1 400nl table etc etc.
  • edited May 2010
    Mere novice, thanks for your opinions, 1) Reason I suggested this is to stop people buying in for 10 bb. Short stackers are really important for the game but for example last night I sat at 200nl with £200 3 people joined me with £20, it just aint poker. 2) Not really that bothered about this was just an idea I thought would tidy things up. 3) I play 80 to 500nl. There are two reasons for this idea, firstly to make the blinds easy round numbers just to make life easier and secondly I try to get higher games going at the site and I think if there wasnt so many different levels people would get in the habbit of playing 500nl and we could get a few tables going everyday, rather than 1 day 1 300nl table next 1 400nl table etc etc.
    Posted by ajs4385
    You're welcome - it's good to see some constructive comments about improving the site.

1) I know that "shorties" annoy some (mainly higher stakes) players. Having some tables where players can't buy in for less than 100bb sounds beneficial but making all tables like this would be far too restrictive in my opinion. I'm more than happy to see someone pull up with £10/£20 at 50NL late at night (and re-buy often!).

3) I think that removing levels like 30NL & 40NL would be counter-productive. I know that there is very little difference between 40NL and 50NL but some players are just happier to play at those levels.  I can't comment on 300NL & 400NL since it is extremely unlikely that you will find me playing those stakes and I haven't noticed if you tend to get just 1 or 2 players sitting at each level.

• edited May 2010
    I play 30nl and 40nl before midnight....theyre so much easier than 50nl......and the stacks often get above £50 quite quickly.

But if these levels were scrapped, the same players would have to move to 50nl neway....so wouldnt really make a difference...wud earn more points I spose :)
  • edited May 2010

Hi ajs & Co.

Just to let you know, several of the Suits have been up in Glasgow all weekend, & so offline, (we were up there for the SPT), but I received a note from them this morning to say they were taking a look at the ideas suggested by you & others, which I had forwarded to them on Friday. More news from them - or myself - if & when I get it.

They made the same point as me, though - it was a perfectly presented feedback thread, & they asked me to pass on their thanks.
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay If you get 5 minutes can you check a pm I sent you!

Thanks
  • edited May 2010
    1. Auto top up would be a very good addition.

2. have a few tables with 50bb minimum buy in would also be a good idea.

3. If you lose your stack, the auto top up page should pop straight up and u have say 30 secs to a minute to reload, or you are stood from the table. Instead of being sat out for ages which really gets on everyones t1ts!

4. Also on the sit an goes, when you finish a heads up game at say £50 + 2.50 it pops up saying would you like to register for another. When you press yes, it may register you for a turbocharged £50 and not a standard husng that you played previous.

5. Another good addition that another site i play has, is the ability to tag players. Say champion, fish, rock, on tilt etc... So then when you log on, you can check your list and see who and what tables certain players are playing on.

6. Another good suggestion i read above was to be able to ignore a certain player chat, instead of having to turn chat off completely if some tool is being disruptive. This would be a very good idea.
  • edited May 2010
    a good thing I noticed on another site.  Private tournaments. Where you can invite a bunch of your mates and choose the starting stack and blind levels and buy-in etc.

For example you can have a $5 10 steater sitngo with 15min levels and winner takes all.

I've seen a few of the forum regulars have been doing it with the sitngo's on sky already (i have never been invited) but I think it would be good if you fancied a bit of a long game with your friends.

I know it isnt cash tables. Sorry.
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay If you get 5 minutes can you check a pm I sent you! Thanks
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Done, & I'm on the case, leave it with me please.

By the way, I got your PM - identically - EIGHT times!

It is cos I'm old?