You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dan Brown, TOTAL PLAYER, Part 2. GUKPT Coventry Live Update.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Dan Brown, TOTAL PLAYER, Part 2. GUKPT Coventry Live Update.:
    That's better! The new wifi is super-quick. Quick Update: We have completed Level One, & are 10 minutes into Level 2. I know that, as the Plasmas have been mended. Blinds are now 50-100. Starting stacks were 15,000. Nobody has exited yet. Number of runners? It's either 129, 131, or 137, depending who you ask. However, players can buy in until the end of Level 2, so the exact field size will not be known until then. In reply to Alan, the Prize Pool will not be determined until the buy-in period has closed, in another 45 minutes. It's normal in UK Live Poker to be able to buy-in for the first 2 Levels, though until a few years ago, that was not the case. One for the Conspircy Theorists coming up.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The case of the missing "a"???
    I think Dan nicked it.
  • edited May 2010

Sorry about the missing "a" Vince, the keyboard has broken down.

Dan has "about 21,000" he says, as cool as you like. He is owning his table.

The only geezer on his Table who may start to be a prob, is Mr Andy Bradshaw, who was the runner-up in "Most Popular Poker Player in Britain" thing last year, which attracted just under three entrants.
  • edited May 2010
    Pippa Flanders is definately someone you don't want on your table! That sounds like a dangerous table with those names sitting there!

Dan Chip count? Anybody you recongise on his table Tikay?
  • edited May 2010

You could not make it up (Part 2).

Remember the Blog I wrote about "Sharky", the geezer who got attacked by a shark?

He is sat immediately next to Dan!

Photo's soon, apologies none yet, the camera broke.

Just seen Neil Blatchley, & Jim Read.

And a BIZARRE hand 4 way on Table Talk, involving random donk, Will Brewin (yes, him!), A N Other, & a bloke of origin unknown called Mad Turk. (Real name Ysof Inaglaminou or somesuch). 

Random Donk got busted by a FIVE flush, & bashfully Tabled, for a 29,000 Pot, err, 10 high.

Gotta go do a piece to Camera (third today), be right back, talk amongst yourselves please.
  • edited May 2010
    Any more news on "Dan the Man"?

Keep up the good work tikay. 
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Dan Brown, TOTAL PLAYER, Part 2. GUKPT Coventry Live Update.:
    Sorry about the missing "a" Vince, the keyboard has broken down. Dan has "about 21,000" he says, as cool as you like. He is owning his table. The only geezer on his Table who may start to be a prob, is Mr Andy Bradshaw, who was the runner-up in "Most Popular Poker Player in Britain" thing last year, which attracted just under three entrants.
    Posted by Tikay10

Andy Bradshaw is inhuman sc_um. Easy money but a real chore to spend time in his presence.
  • edited May 2010

Nice Stack Dan keep it going m8
  • edited May 2010
    29k Pot!! That early on is huge! Flippin heck....

Sharky from Luton sat next to Dan! This should be interesting..... :)

• edited May 2010

So Dan is on a table full of 'sharks' and fish!!
  • edited May 2010
    i think tikay has been at the redbull, all the best to dan.
  • edited May 2010
    Just a quick thought tikay -

As Dan the man won his entry fee via sky poker, what would be the deal if this tourny had rebuy's/add ons? Say for instance dan the man needed a quick rebuy to save his tourny life, who would pay for it? Sky or Dan? or would he be left to crash & burn lol.
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck to Dan, sure he'll find this the toughest field he's faced, inc WSOP. Very little ability range in these.
    Re: Sharky, he told me recently he's decided he's going to play back more often at aggro characters, some tale about re-popping James Akenhead with 2-9, which might be useful.
    Has MDD trebled up with AA v KK v 10J on a AKQ flop, turn K, river A yet?
  • edited May 2010

gl dan keep it up,your doing a great job tikay as usual

• edited May 2010
    Thanks for the updates Tikay, it's fascinating reading and I will be refreshing this thread until I depart to my bed in a couple of hours. Best of luck to Dan (and Will Brewin) from myself and Lea116311.
  • edited May 2010
    does will still play on sky?
  • edited May 2010
    well done tikay great updates and thread i think so far this is a good idea for the WSOP.

Keep it up dan mate good strart by the sounds of it.

Sounds like you and Andy Bradshaw have history Beaneh lol
  • edited May 2010
    Nice 1 Dan, keep it up lad, wish i wo there today. How many people cash today?

Good luck mate 
  • edited May 2010

We iz back, innit, & play has re-commenced.

We interviewed Dan for the telly, then I did an "update" to Camera, followed by 'Ling getting a sneak shot of Nen Nuttall asleep. Ben has been out in the sun, I think - I deffo saw a bit of colour in his cheeks, sort of off-white.

For ChompyIMO, "MDD" - aka Multi-Dimensional Dick, aka Richard Lynch, has 23,000. A-A-A twice, both pre, one imagines.

We can confirm the field size now, see next Post.
  • edited May 2010

The final field size is - was - 142 runners, so the Prize Pool is £142,000. Prize Breakdown as soon as we get it, but I think the Prize Breakdown thingie has had a breakdown.
  • edited May 2010

Just Making Sure you are awake - Part 1.

Average Stack is now 15,800.

If there were 142 runners, & they all began with 15,000, how many have busted out?

First to get it right gets nothing, but to get that, I need to see your "workings".
  • edited May 2010
    142 * 15,000 / 15,800 = 134.81 so 135 players left in.
  • edited May 2010
    yeah... What mere said lol
  • edited May 2010
    well done tikay great updates and thread i think so far this is a good idea for the WSOP. Keep it up dan mate good strart by the sounds of it. Sounds like you and Andy Bradshaw have history Beaneh lol
    Posted by robc

The guy is horrible, he'll happily admit it aswell.  Quite an incomprehensible ar_s_ehole.
  • edited May 2010

Dan Brown - 21,875

MDD - 23,500

Simon Trumper - 16,475.

Rob Yong - 17,300.

Rob has played EVERY hand - bar one - though he did arrive late. As per usual.
  • edited May 2010
    good luck dan keep at it, Great updates as always tikay thank you
  • edited May 2010
    142 * 15,000 / 15,800 = 134.81 so 135 players left in.
    Posted by MereNovice

+1 same way
  • edited May 2010

We will play THREE more Levels, then have a 1 Hour dinner break.

It's currently Level 3, (75-150), & so the Dinner Break will be at the end of Level 5.

The Levels are 1 hour, & Level Three currently has 44 mins 7 seconds remaining.

So Dinner will be at exactly whatever time that is.
  • edited May 2010

Mere is correct, & so wins nothing.

Spotted at the break, Mark "Mr Cool" Goodwin, & Mick McCool, who shook me warmly by the hand. Which was nice.

Wick "Action Man" Twigg, aka Rick Trigg, who has put on about 9 stones since I last saw him, has 1,750, after walking top two into the nut flush.  He has James Atkin & Jeff Kimber to his right, & Roberto Romanello & Bambos to his left.

Spot the value. ;)
  • edited May 2010

excellent updates tk ,

hope you already had your power nap

we don't want to miss out on the info lol !

tell dan on the break the forum gang wish him the

best of British and Irish luck .

• edited May 2010
      excellent updates tk ,   hope you already had your power nap   we don't want to miss out on the info lol !   tell dan on the break the forum gang wish him the   best of British and Irish luck .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    tikay will have something to eat, then have his power nap ;), thank you for the updates tikay