You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Failing to deal with multi-accounting...

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Surely multi-accounts are either against the regulations of the site, or they are not. If they are not, then no one is breaking any written rules, just bending the sense of what's right. If multi-accounts are against the site rules, then allegations of such must be investigated.

I'm not sure how there can be a grey area here?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Failing to deal with multi-accounting...:
    hang on, isnt it up to the player making the acc to state where they are from.  Surely no one could be so daft as to put their own town lol, and surely no one can be so daft as to disappear then start 10 tabling under a different name the next day...........can they?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I dunno, I probably would.
  • edited May 2010
    I noticed the same thing, but I dont care! I'll crush him with his new alias like I did with his old one!! 
  • ckdckd
    edited May 2010

if he has got two sky cant really do anything about it 

rich has 2 acc tikay has 2 acc this is not a dig at them but if sky let any1 have 2 acc nomatter who it be there leaving themself open for 1 rule for 1 1 for anther which is not on i dont not have a problem if any1 has more acc ........... but i can see how it matters with cash gl 2 u all

p.s. is the player......... rumpelstiltskin......lol sorry bad bit of humor
  • edited May 2010
    I think Sky have every right to allow certain people separate accounts for Tkay, Rich, Top Player events, etc etc. This 
    It is wholly unethical to allow multiple accounts for one player to mask himself from previous opponents.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000

• edited May 2010
     if he has got two sky cant really do anything about it   rich has 2 acc tikay has 2 acc this is not a dig at them but if sky let any1 have 2 acc nomatter who it be there leaving themself open for 1 rule for 1 1 for anther which is not on i dont not have a problem if any1 has more acc ........... but i can see how it matters with cash gl 2 u all p.s. is the player......... rumpelstiltskin......lol sorry bad bit of humor
    Posted by ckd
    That is correct - but it's not done for any other purpose than that which I have openly explained a hundred times, that is, for the purposes of playing PTP ONLY.

Sky Poker fund an Account for all the PTP-ers. I play on this Site most nights of the week, & only use "TIKAY10" on my PTP evenings.

The clue is in the names of my two Accounts - "TIKAY10" & "tikay1", which hardly sounds like an attempt to decieve. The PTP Account aliases of all the PTP-ers follow the same pattern.

None of this can be construed in any way as "one rule for one, one rule for others".

As to the thrust of the thread, I think we should not anticipate how Sky Poker are handling this. They ARE aware of the allegation, because it was sent to them a week ago.

It is only right & proper that they investigate the matter thoroughly, & we don't have a trial by Forum, with a mob mentality pre-empting the outcome.

If the allegation were made about YOU, or ME, the very least we would wish & expect is that Sky Poker investigated the matter with great care, rather than bowing to speculation, some of which is or may be ill-informed.

The Rules on Multi-Accounting are quite clear, as a few now-Banned players on this site, one or two of them high-profile, who subsequently played the martyr card to great effect, know to their cost.  

But natural justice MUST be fair, & that it not something that can be ascertained instantly, & it would be wrong if it were.

Please don't think I'm pro Multi-Accounting - I'm quite the opposite, as most players well know, & when I suspect M-A, I report it. Always.
  • edited May 2010
     if he has got two sky cant really do anything about it   rich has 2 acc tikay has 2 acc this is not a dig at them but if sky let any1 have 2 acc nomatter who it be there leaving themself open for 1 rule for 1 1 for anther which is not on
    Posted by ckd
    I believe one of their accounts is for PTP purposes (which I understand Sky fund?) and the other is their personal account. So, as far as i'm concerned that's fair game.

As HAL says, though, if this person is multi-accounting, he's doing it to exploit the rest of the players on the site as he has tonnes of information on them, where the rest of the players are blissfully unaware of how he plays due to the new name.

WD Scotty for bringing this into the public eye, clearly not enough is being done about it and the Community catching wind of it should hopefully give sky a kick up the a*s to get it sorted.
  • edited May 2010
     if he has got two sky cant really do anything about it   rich has 2 acc tikay has 2 acc this is not a dig at them but if sky let any1 have 2 acc nomatter who it be there leaving themself open for 1 rule for 1 1 for anther which is not on i dont not have a problem if any1 has more acc ........... but i can see how it matters with cash gl 2 u all p.s. is the player......... rumpelstiltskin......lol sorry bad bit of humor
    Posted by ckd
    I think it comes down to the reason for having the mutilple accounts, None of the sky team use it for deceptive purposes, nor did the total players guys have a second account for that reason either, everyone is/was aware who the players are/were, and the reason there were multiple accounts were for legitimate reasons approved by the people who run the site.

But there should be no reason why anyone else would need to operate two or more accounts.
  • edited May 2010
    surely this person should be named and shamed!!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Failing to deal with multi-accounting... : I believe one of their accounts is for PTP purposes (which I understand Sky fund?) and the other is their personal account. So, as far as i'm concerned that's fair game. As HAL says, though, if this person is multi-accounting, he's doing it to exploit the rest of the players on the site as he has tonnes of information on them, where the rest of the players are blissfully unaware of how he plays due to the new name. WD Scotty for bringing this into the public eye, clearly not enough is being done about it and the Community catching wind of it should hopefully give sky a kick up the a*s to get it sorted.
    Posted by YoungUn
    Yes, that is correct. The PTP Accounts are funded by Sky Poker.

PS - Good to share that Hi-Lo Table with you last night, what great fun that was!

• edited May 2010
    surely this person should be named and shamed!!!!!!
    Posted by LENGALENG
    So you've clearly decided he or she is guilty. What evidence did you examine to ascertain that, if I may ask? What proof do you have? Would YOU liked to be judged in such a casual & haphazard way?

This thread is serving no good purpose. Sky Poker ARE fully aware of the allegation, are investigating it thoroughly & properly, & they do not knowingly allow Multi-Accounting.

• edited May 2010
    if scotty feels the need to post such a thread then surely he should name the player. otherwise deal with it through the proper channels and not on the forum for all people to read about and speculate, thats all im saying tikay. wouldn't ur post e better directed towards scotty as he was the original poster , just a thought.
  • edited May 2010
    if scotty feels the need to post such a thread then surely he should name the player. otherwise deal with it through the proper channels and not on the forum for all people to read about and speculate, thats all im saying tikay. wouldn't ur post e better directed towards scotty as he was the original poster , just a thought.
    Posted by LENGALENG
    Hi

Naming and shaming is against the forum rules, if you wish to read them, please click here, thank you :)
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by LENGALENG
    Not at all. He deliberately, repeatedly, & specifically, said (what amounted to) "I will not name the player, nor must anyone else".

And Scotty DID deal with it through the proper channels, in the proper way. FACT. That he then chose to start this Thread is a matter that you should take up with him. Just a thought. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    How about if i opened a new account called DeuceAK47/2?, i would not be trying to deceive anyone.... just an attempt to get a extra £1000 bonus ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    I understand peoples frustratins if this seems to be taking it's time to be dealt with but surely people realise that this is not something that can be acted upon unless 100% sure???

Even if you can prove that the 2 players have a similar style, live in the same town, even play from the same IP address...... You still have not proved Multi Accounting

If there is a 2nd account then the likely hood is this is in a second name, different bank, possibly even a different sex of player. You may know there playing from the same address but how can you PROVE that it's the same person sitting at the computer??

And if were talking about site bans and funds being confiscated then i think you have to be able to PROVE that one person is using both accounts.

What if a guy and his girlfriend both have accounts from the same address, then sky leap in without propper investigation and freeze the funds of these players for doing nothing apart from living together. They may have similar styles as one taught the other to play, they would have the same address as they live together, but htey have committed no breach of the rules

I'm not saying that your wrong and the 2 accounts are not the same person, but if the player ahs set up an account in his/ hers other halfs name then how do you PROVE there one and the same??
  • edited May 2010

Great Post by ACESOVER.

I am speaking personally, & Sky Poker probably don't approve of my open-ness, but I feel strongly on this.

I utterly abhor Multi-Accounting for the sake of deception. Anyone who knows even a tinsy bit about me, & my actions with regard to it here & elsewhere, well knows that. I actually reported a suspected case of Multi-Accounting here a while back - through the proper channels - & the geezer had his account frozen, & he got himself Banned. Then the usual "martyr" thread started, & after an accusation on this Forum, I openly acknowedged that I had reported him. Two subsequent posts here said I was a "grass", & a "snitch", & I got brutally savaged for it on an alternative Forum. Now we want to "name & shame"! I mean, for goodness sake, people need to grow up, & leave that "grass" nonsense to the primary school playgrounds, where it belongs.

But.......

Sky Poker MUST be fair to the accused, too. It is extremely hard to prove "beyond reasonable doubt" - if we think about it, it's a nightmarishly difficult thing to prove. And in judging whether there should be a "name & shame" expose, & if the Lynch Mob who always coat-tail these threads get their way - "BAN HIM NOW, HE'S DEFFO GUILTY, A BLOKE WHO I KNOW SAID SO" sorta thing just reviles me. What if it were US that were accused, & we were stone-cold innocent? We would wish & hope that Sky Poker deliberated carefully, before just knee-jerk snap-banning us & with-holding our money. Do we really want to be judged by random Posters on a Forum, or by those who have access to the under-the-radar information? 

"Fair & reasonable" cuts both ways. And so does properly considered justice.

FWIW, I understand why Scotty (who has become a Luton pal of mine in "real-life") started the thread. He feels strongly & passionately about the matter - just as I do - & he's frustrated that from where he stands, it appears that no action has been taken. But he does not actually know what Sky Poker are doing about the allegations. As a statement of fact, they ARE fully aware, & are dealing with the matter exactly as Scotty or myself would wish allegations about him or me were dealt with - with great care, & taking into account ALL the facts.
  • edited May 2010
    i cant see anyway of proving a player guilty for this, you may know its true but its not possible to prove.
    As acesover has said if he taught his girlfreind how to play then playing styles would be the same, just so you know i DO NOT AGREE with multi accounting.
  • edited May 2010
    i cant see anyway of proving a player guilty for this, you may know its true but its not possible to prove. As acesover has said if he taught his girlfreind how to play then playing styles would be the same, just so you know i DO NOT AGREE with multi accounting.
    Posted by freechips1
    It CAN be proven, & it always comes out on top eventually, but as you rightly suggest, it is very complex to prove beyond reasonable doubt. As such, it takes some time.

Thankfully, despite some of the more extreme Posts on this thread, the days of lynch mobs have long past. Thank goodness.
  • edited May 2010
    when he next signs on go to his house take a sneaky look through the window and see if its the same guy playing both accounts :)
  • edited May 2010
    if this took place in a place of work, would you expect the person to be sacked just because someone made an allegation? no... you would expect the management to investigate thoroughly and then make a judgement based on the evidence found. just as Sky Poker are doing now. give them time eh?
  • edited May 2010
    if this took place in a place of work, would you expect the person to be sacked just because someone made an allegation? no... you would expect the management to investigate thoroughly and then make a judgement based on the evidence found. just as Sky Poker are doing now. give them time eh?
    Posted by lozgo
    Expresses what I was trying to say, but better & quicker.

And in a place of work, the accused would have legal rights, & if the procedures were not correctly followed, the case would FAIL.

Please (not you, Mr Lozgo), trust them on this. The matter IS being properly dealt with, & it is being dealt with right now. Honest 'injun.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Failing to deal with multi-accounting... : Not at all. He deliberately, repeatedly, & specifically, said (what amounted to) "I will not name the player, nor must anyone else". And Scotty DID deal with it through the proper channels, in the proper way. FACT. That he then chose to start this Thread is a matter that you should take up with him. Just a thought. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1
  • edited May 2010
    when he next signs on go to his house take a sneaky look through the window and see if its the same guy playing both accounts :)
    Posted by namesb0nd
    the only way to prove anything
  • edited May 2010
    i cant see anyway of proving a player guilty for this, you may know its true but its not possible to prove. As acesover has said if he taught his girlfreind how to play then playing styles would be the same, just so you know i DO NOT AGREE with multi accounting.
    Posted by freechips1
    Sadly i believe this post to be true :-( , i hope that i am wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Failing to deal with multi-accounting...:
    The last week or so it has become apparent that a high profile player on the site has been multi-accounting. I reported this player and was told that they were already aware of this player and it was being investigated. A week has gone by and he is still there playing, presumably unaffected. When I first has my suspicions about this player, I asked a number of other regulars for their views to see if it was just me seeing thing...everyone single one agreed. To be honest tho this player has quite a one dimensional playing style so its not hard to spot, so unlike other multi-accounters he isn't gonna be getting any advantage over other regulars at the limits he plays as I would imagine that everyone has spotted him within an hour or so with playing him. However to the more casual player, who are the most important users of the Sky Poker site, it is a serious advantage. I am dismayed and disgusted that Sky Poker has let this individual carry on using the site unaffected. I've been a loyal customer of Sky Poker ever since the start, and this is the first time I have felt this way about this site. Live poker is something that I enjoy at least a couple of times/week. Whenever chatting to randoms I and someone goes 'do you play online' I only say good things about Sky Poker. And believe me Sky Poker is seen as a bit of a joke in the poker community. Well from now on my response will be something like 'Sky Poker is a good site however it clearly disregards fundamental parts of its terms and conditions, and basic standards or ettiquette, fair play and decency when it comes to certain players.' Oh and I'm sure that you'll try and find a way to delete/move this thread but to my knowledge I have not mentioned any names or broken any forum rules. If I have then let me know and I'll edit out the offending sentence.
    Posted by scotty77

Why is this? always wondered, i have seen on quite a few other forums a lot of people don't have much good to say about sky poker. sorry its a bit off topic. Didn't really want to start a thread asking as its abit of a negative subject just never really understood why. 

• edited May 2010
    What do sky need for proof? What is there policy for looking into this sort of stuff.  Do you try ringing the contact numbers right at the same time so you can hear a phone go off in the background of the other?!

You could just freeze both accounts and offer each account owner a free cab fare down to the Sky Pokers office and there in person they can release their account with a few poker discussions about the way they play certain hands (both specific hand strengths [definitely not 5x utg with AJ because it's hard to play.....] and specific hh's that they should have played recently just to you know prove the two people aren't one with some random other standing in to help out.

• edited May 2010
    We must remember that this has all taken place over the weekend and perhaps we can all understand that things of such importance may not be able to be investigated at length on a sunday.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Failing to deal with multi-accounting... : Why is this? always wondered, i have seen on quite a few other forums a lot of people don't have much good to say about sky poker. sorry its a bit off topic. Didn't really want to start a thread asking as its abit of a negative subject just never really understood why.    
    Posted by robc
    probs because it is a tiny site filled mostly with recreational gamblers.
  • edited May 2010
    why isnt the guys account suspended while the investigations take place? surely that should happen?