You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Failing to deal with multi-accounting...

12346»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Failing to deal with multi-accounting...:
    phil23uk... davyzz... what is the name of your wife's account? that would be a good thing to publish
    Posted by aussie09
    but it shouldn't need to be published, and shouldn't unless his wife decides to comment and make herself known

the point is there is no breach of the rules until you prove that the 2 accounts are one person and not just one address. And to prove that would be nigh on impossible unless they wrote in chatboxes using their real name or said something in there that gave the game away, something like "i'm on the wifes account, just going to log mine on" which obviously would be a laughable thing to do if your trying to get away with multi accounting lol
  • edited May 2010
    phil23uk... davyzz... what is the name of your wife's account? that would be a good thing to publish
    Posted by aussie09
    good point but not needed as unfair on missus imo,my missus and 1 play on here and we have been on same table a few times on freebies( she beat me on hu lol) i didnt like it 1 bit as it hindered my game alot
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Failing to deal with multi-accounting... : in truth, probably nothing, unless of course you announce it on here lol this is kind of my point with the other posts though, what if sky came in tomorrow and froze yours 7 the wifes account, took your money, and banned you..... All on the say so of me because i decided your play and your wifes was far too similar for it to be 2 people so i reported you ! Now it's true to say that it's possible you are playing both accounts, maybe you get paid monthly and have a second account in her name as when you run out of money you put money on from her account (not suggesting that you do this nor am i suggesting that you go busto every month lol) - But in your case it's not true, i think it's safe to say you would have a word or 2 to shout if this happened to you so it's not as cut and dried as people are asuming it is on here
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    my point exactly,just because the accounts are in the same house/ip address does not mean they are the same player.
    if im honest i dont really see a problem with multi accounts as long as one players is not in the same tourny/cash table and playing both hands,

i scotty says he and all the regs(i.e good cash players) noticed this player straight away,and it is the new(i.e novice players)he is concerned about..but surely this "high profile player" would crush a novice anyway?
  • edited May 2010

nonsense... if you have two accounts you should, at the very least, publish an interest.

the question remains.... phil23uk... davyzz...  what is the name of your wife's account?

mickyblue... does your wife have an account too?

• edited May 2010

acesover8s ...

does your wife have an account on sky?

• edited May 2010
    nonsense... if you have two accounts you should, at the very least, publish an interest. the question remains.... phil23uk... davyzz...  what is the name of your wife's account? mickyblue... does your wife have an account too?
    Posted by aussie09
    Is this deliberate or ignorant? I havent said my wife plays on sky (she doesnt) and said the instances have happened on other sites in the past.  I wanted an answer in response to Davey's post and aces gave it (ty aces).  
  • edited May 2010
    nonsense... if you have two accounts you should, at the very least, publish an interest. the question remains.... phil23uk... davyzz...  what is the name of your wife's account? mickyblue... does your wife have an account too?
    Posted by aussie09
    you have lost me a bit aussie..not sure if you are joking,but i dont have two accounts,or interest..i have an account and so does my wife..
  • edited May 2010
    aussie09 go to match.com if you wanna chat women up :p

and no Daveyzz just because you don't play a high volume doesn't mean that you are a 'novice'.  there are many players on here who only play once/week who are probably better than a lot of high volume regs.
  • edited May 2010

davyzz   i am sure youre an honourable and honest guy...

we all choose to play or not against others.... if you knew that the person you were plating online actually lived with phil helmuth wouldnt you prefer to know/?

if you happily declare the name of your wife's profile that's all good and straightforward.  in fact it is then upto the player if they choose to play your wife or not.  itis a problem if you keep her name a secret.  thats why i ask...  if you declare it, it is never any question of being deceptive... rather a statement of openness and fairness.

you may have told the forum already..in which case i didnt know.

• edited May 2010

m4verick and nuttytart

solarcarro and yorkie74

and so on

• edited May 2010
    davyzz   i am sure youre an honourable and honest guy... we all choose to play or not against others.... if you knew that the person you were plating online actually lived with phil helmuth wouldnt you prefer to know/? if you happily declare the name of your wife's profile that's all good and straightforward.  in fact it is then upto the player if they choose to play your wife or not.  itis a problem if you keep her name a secret.  thats why i ask...  if you declare it, it is never any question of being deceptive... rather a statement of openness and fairness. you may have told the forum already..in which case i didnt know.
    Posted by aussie09
    Are you being serious? You couldn't meet a nicer guy than Davey and he is certinally not being deceptive by not announcing his wife's Online Alias!!
  • edited May 2010

dylan... read it again if in doubt.

• edited May 2010
    In response to you Aussie, it is a problem to ask him to declare it. Not because of deception but because people should be taken at their word unless proved to be untruthful - it's one of those basic civil liberty type deals

If a couple both post on the forum then as a matter of thread conversation you may get to learn who is married to or dating who, but you get to know this because it's their choice to post and not because someone demands it.

The only reason to know his wifes screen name is if you are going to assume he is playing under it - and by doing that you label him a cheat without any evidence (not suggesting it's your intention to do that but thats the reality)

Do i have a wife with an account on here was your question - no but i have a brother and a nephew with accounts on here - both actually live together so they have the same physical and IP address when playing do i have to declare them??? i have a group of friends who flat share and all 3 of them have accounts - should they have to declare on the forum they don't use that they COULD log on as someone else?

Now ok the above is being a little facetious but i'm sure you get my point - no difference between a man and wife having an account each than there is from brothers / friends etc  - No reason to assume all people with the ability to cheat are doing - No way to really tell if one person plays one account or 3 but you can't ban multiple accounts to the same address and you can't assume anything
  • edited May 2010

i appreciate your post acesover8s.  i am suggesting a cleaner way of operating using similar principles seen elsewhere.  a politician for example declares interests so that any future date he cannot be seen as acting incorrectly .  i continue to choose my words carefully and at no time have insiuated any foul play yet i write to express a concern that those with accounts in the same household should have the facility to openly declare this.  you will see the fuss multi-accounts is causing by the length of this thread.  the debate swings from good to bad.  I suggest there is a middle ground that satisfies more situations

regards

• edited May 2010
    Just for the record my wife has her own account on sky. She doesn't play very often but when she does she wins. No mistaking her game from mine then :o)

There is no intention to deceive, only that she would like to exercise her right to also play poker. 

It has been said that Sky are investigating the allegation and this should be undertaken in a manner that is not only fair to the players but also to the individual/individuals concerned. To rush this investigation because of forum pressure would be wrong. The title of the thread is unfair and misleading and I for one trust Sky to do the right thing. After all anyone with a modicum of business sense would know that no single customer is more important than the rest and that fairness and consistency in their dealings with such matters, are paramount.
  • edited May 2010
    For the record my other half plays here, her user ID is lea116311.

We've played quite a few  50p + 3p turbo heads-up tables against each other just for fun. Otherwise we've only ever played together in some freerolls with very large fields. We did end up on the same table once for a few minutes, but we've both got laptops so it was very easy to make sure we didn't know each others hole cards and could just carry on playing our usual games.

If anybody looks us up on Sharkscope you will see we dont play together, and the graphs will show a big difference in ability, neither of us has ever used the others account.
  • edited May 2010
    For the record my other half plays here, her user ID is lea116311. We've played quite a few  50p + 3p turbo heads-up tables against each other just for fun. Otherwise we've only ever played together in some freerolls with very large fields. We did end up on the same table once for a few minutes, but we've both got laptops so it was very easy to make sure we didn't know each others hole cards and could just carry on playing our usual games. If anybody looks us up on Sharkscope you will see we dont play together, and the graphs will show a big difference in ability, neither of us has ever used the others account.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

perfect, thanks garyQQQ

• edited May 2010
    i appreciate your post acesover8s.  i am suggesting a cleaner way of operating using similar principles seen elsewhere.  a politician for example declares interests so that any future date he cannot be seen as acting incorrectly .  i continue to choose my words carefully and at no time have insiuated any foul play yet i write to express a concern that those with accounts in the same household should have the facility to openly declare this.  you will see the fuss multi-accounts is causing by the length of this thread.  the debate swings from good to bad.  I suggest there is a middle ground that satisfies more situations regards
    Posted by aussie09
    Point 1. I know this wasn't your intention and make referance to that in my post but it's not just about solving a problem, it's about solving a problem without alienating or tarring people with a brush

Point 2. There is a facility, what your talking about is declaring it to us on the forum. Every account that is set up enters address details. So the fact that Davey and his wife both have an account IS declared, just not announced to the world (nor should it have to be). Tikay mentions in some of his posts that just because we don't know something does not mean it is not happening and that is the case here

These accounts are not hidden, they are set up within the rules with the player making Sky aware of addresses, names etc - The contract to play here is between customer and Sky and not between Customer & Customer so as long as sky know there is no need to tell you or me - Now the difficult part is proving that all is not as has been stated on that information and for that we have to be patient and only demand measures against people once it is PROVEN they are cheating and not suspected that they are
  • edited May 2010

acesover8s... we are not on opposite sides here... i think we are both of a similar mind.

• edited May 2010
    aussie09 go to match.com if you wanna chat women up :p and no Daveyzz just because you don't play a high volume doesn't mean that you are a 'novice'.  there are many players on here who only play once/week who are probably better than a lot of high volume regs.
    Posted by scotty77
    yea i get your point mate,i just think that it really does no make much difference if a reg starts playing under a new name,as you stated you cottoned on straight away(this is assuming you are correct) so it made no difference to you,and if a lesser player came across him they would soon realise they were not in his class?.

also if a player changes his id he will only get away with it for a short time because even if you dont suspect foul play you would surely make this guy down as a solid player .i.e the tough play xyz no longer plays this site but a new tough player called abc has started playing....gl,dave

• edited May 2010
    davyzz   i am sure youre an honourable and honest guy... we all choose to play or not against others.... if you knew that the person you were plating online actually lived with phil helmuth wouldnt you prefer to know/? if you happily declare the name of your wife's profile that's all good and straightforward.  in fact it is then upto the player if they choose to play your wife or not.  itis a problem if you keep her name a secret.  thats why i ask...  if you declare it, it is never any question of being deceptive... rather a statement of openness and fairness. you may have told the forum already..in which case i didnt know.
    Posted by aussie09
    aussie,i have no intention declaring my wifes account,firstly on a matter of principle,secondly you seem to think it would be an unfair advantage for my wife to play without telling the table she is so lucky to be my spouse,thanks for the comparison to mr helmuth,what you are saying is if phil helmuth's wife played on this site you would have a right to know?.
    if being phils wife is an advatage then why should she declare the fact that a superstar player has taught her?.poker is about have an egde no matter how small so if she is taught by the best she has no obligation the say so imo.
    i think what you are really implying is that anyone with two accounts in one household may be switching accounts to gain an advantage?.

and my point is the same,even i i declare my wifes name what is to stop me playing under it a few times a week,which if you read my earlier post ou know i would not because i honestly dont think it makes that much difference in the long term..gl at the tables,dave
  • edited May 2010

hi daveyzz

its a dilemma.  in different threads a similar issue is discussed, eg sunglasses, hoodies.  it is all about edge i agree.  we are all looking to find those edges.  you have an edge called skill.

We could set up an online match between your wife and Phil Helmuth's.  I reckon the former would prevail.  Mind you I can't imagine Phil making no comment at all.

best regards
    aussie09

• edited May 2010
    Hi all,

Thanks for your contribution towards this thread and particularly for not naming the accounts suspected of being involved.

By necessity, this post will be short and to the point.  I'll start by confirming Sky Poker's position with regards the operation of multiple accounts:-

Players are not allowed to create, use, or deposit funds to more than one account. Players who are found to be operating multiple accounts or to have allowed multiple users to access their account may face account suspension and ultimately account closure, which could also result in the forfeiture of balances of all associated accounts.

Sky Poker have concluded a detailed investigation of this alleged case and spoken in some detail to two account holders. Based on all of the facts in our possession, we have not found evidence of a player using multiple accounts.

To protect player privacy, Sky Poker are not able to enter into further discussion on this case, but I would like to reassure you that our investigation was thorough.  I can also assure you that a player's status would never have a bearing on the outcome of an investigation.  

Ryan, thanks for bringing this to our attention and I would encourage any player who suspects wrongdoing on the site to report it through the appropriate channel - which is via an email or call to customer care, who will alert our fraud team. 

I did try to call you a couple of times yesterday to update you as above Ryan, but I was unable to reach you.  Please send me a pm if you would like me to call you at a specific time, however I will not be able to divulge any further details than those posted above.

Regards,

Des.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Des

Thakns for looking into this matter.  Sorry for being unavailable when you called, and thanks for taking the time to do so.

All I wanted was to know that this issue was being looked into and something was being done.  I'm happy that you, Tikay and various other members of the security team ahve been working on this so I don't see any point in speaking to you further.

Take care.
  • edited May 2010
    My wife's alias is Beaneh.
  • edited May 2010
    My wife's alias is Beaneh.
    Posted by Wilhelm

oi shaddap that's meant to be a secret.
  • edited June 2010
    What is the situation when a husband and wife have separate accounts and they decide to play one night on each others accounts.......surely this is contravening some rules?

I know that a daughter was playing under her father's account a while back .........knowledge of playing styles, notes on players are obviously out the window in these circumstances.

Policing this is damn near impossible at the best of times, and it appears that a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon.......and sentenced the guy before trial.

Even if SKY can prove this, they would also have to listen to the motive behind it, it may something as simple as building up a holiday fund, and not deception.

All the accusers and finger waggers need to take a chill pill...........there are far more important things going on in life.

• edited June 2010

I have been in this situation before and stated on a blog only in jest that i would be playing as a women and wearing high heels. Next thing i know my girlfriends account was closed down no reasons no nothing was dealt with really really badly. She was learning the game and i was helping her and writting a blog about it. No collusion no cloak and dagger stuff and i was open about it on the forum. She had her account and was playing on it i was sat next to her while she was playing. Even if it is against the rules, They wouldnt even speak to her on the phone or email or anything and i was unaware of this being against the rules. If it is being used to decieve then i agree with bans but in my case this just wasnt the case and the way she was treated by sky was appauling. I left the site for a while in protest. I think in a lot of cases partners do play on there other halfs account and i have witnessed it on many occasions as they have told me in the chat box. It dosnt bother me especialy when they do tell me as i know they are not trying to decieve. I only had it yesterday when a guy said his dad was teaching him how to play so is he playing or his dad. You know what i didnt care! Collusion is worse and i play depending on what hands i have and how the other person is betting not who is on the other end. People mix up there game and sometimes play differently each time they sit at a table.

The point is players should be made more aware of this rule and if they are should not necisarily have a complete ban or blackout from sky which happend in my girlfriends case, but should either be warned about it and then banned if it happens again. So the fact that she was banned imediatly with out a trial judge or jury, email or phonecall shows how much of a joke this rule is when other people dont get imediatly banned. I agree rules are rules but this isnt one that a lot of players know about and should be taken into account.