You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are you going to get any real poker player presenters?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters?:
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : I'm hurting here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ha I have sky+ so all the tv i watch has already been recored, if theres nothing saved, then I ALWAYS put skypoker on first. :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : And you can be quiet, too. It's not even slightly funny. Kinda puts the whole thread in context. We get the rub from someone who only watches the Show when "there is nothing on TV".... Marv. I'm having a shocker today.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha first gave away as a 6th place prize and now this......i will be watching tonights show with interest....these things come in 3's you no ;)
  • edited June 2010
    LOL is this still going on?

I'm reminded of a now very much respected and integral member of our community who started out in a somewhat similar though less controversial way.. You know who you are -JJ ;)

If nothing else this thread has done it's job and created a healthy debate and got people talking.. Of course it got Tikay talking a lot and I for one am pretty damned impressed that there's not even been the slightest hint of Trains, Cranes or the mating habits of Mallards!

Harvey I hope you do get involved and take the guys up on their challenge.. Not so that we can judge you, but so that you can see the calibre of some of our strongest players! I really think you'll enjoy it and there's always great banter with those boys!

None of us here can or want to convince you see things differently and wouldn't life be boring if that was the case? 

Yes, our community of players, presenters and analysts are probably the most loyal, dedicated and passionate you'll ever come across but of course the proof of the pudding is in the metaphorical eating. So hang around, get involved and play some poker! To err on the side of extreme cheese: Be a part of the action.. In my experience, It's only when you have had your hands picked apart and put back together by each of our analysts that you really begin to see and appreciate their individual skill sets and expertise. Especially when you see how much those tiny tweaks can improve even the best players' game.

Trust me. I'm a Doctor. Sort of. Well I have a white coat.. and a lollipop.

x

PS: BOSS- I won two of the four and cashed 5th with you in the third.. won a Deepstack this week and cashed in a tourney on Friday  (got sucked out on for over 70,000 chips and Tilted like a one legged Donkey. I was so on track.

• edited June 2010
    A white coat and a lollipop Lisa; you are a busy girl. All this TV work and still finding time to do the school crossing ....... I'm impressed.
  • edited June 2010
    A white coat and a lollipop Lisa; you are a busy girl. All this TV work and still finding time to do the school crossing ....... I'm impressed.
    Posted by elsadog
    Yes but it doesn't take much these days does it Alan ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Hi SkyClare, It's  a bit hard to reply to  you  when this post  wont be seen by  you , (or anyone  other than SkyRich  and 'the mods')   You have also blocked my PM, so it's  a bit below the belt  to  say  youve challenged  me,  when  I cant reply ?...

typical  woman of power.. 'all mouth  and no ears' !!
  • edited June 2010

Is this the right thread to complain about that background music and increased sound levels when going into breaks??

NO?......I best move on then.
  • edited June 2010
    Is this the right thread to complain about that background music and increased sound levels when going into breaks?? NO?......I best move on then.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    During intervals go and stand in the hallway and the volume will be much reduced.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : During intervals go and stand in the hallway and the volume will be much reduced.
    Posted by Machka
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • edited June 2010
    We need harvey on the show playing live. The advice he could give us (and the presenters/analysts) would be invaluable, and he would top the ROI table by at least a mile.

As for ALL the Presenters and Analysts on 865....In the words of "Andy Gray".

"Take a Bow".

You are all doing a sterling job.
  • edited June 2010
    We need harvey on the show playing live. The advice he could give us (and the presenters/analysts) would be invaluable, and he would top the ROI table by at least a mile. As for ALL the Presenters and Analysts on 865....In the words of "Andy Gray". "Take a Bow". You are all doing a sterling job.
    Posted by emilyegg

Jeff Sterling?   :)
  • edited June 2010
    HU4Rollz anyone?

;-)
  • edited June 2010

i have just read my way through to here....

Can nobody in our community spell ANALISYS, ALYLSIS, ALALYSE, ANALISTSES... can nobody spell?

Rob

• edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010

^^^^^^ just use the handy spelchicker at the bottom of every post you do ^^^^^^^

(the tock sign with ACB above it)         ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬    
  • edited June 2010
    i have just read my way through to here.... Can nobody in our community spell ANALISYS, ALYLSIS, ALALYSE, ANALISTSES... can nobody spell? Rob
    Posted by aussie09
    I thinc yuw'll feyend that I dident spel analeciss incorektly in eny of miy possts!
    Thanc Yew! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    HU4Rollz anyone? ;-)
    Posted by CLIOKID
    I heard Richard Orford talking about Baps, but I think that's a different subject entirely.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : I heard Richard Orford talking about Baps, but I think that's a different subject entirely.
    Posted by Machka
    I think that's a safe assumption.. Nice buns.
  • edited June 2010
    I watched the show again today in the daytime, they was showing some sort of donkment/MTT.

i think the blinds were quite big 2k/4k and the "analyst" if we can call them that, first said that open limping KQs on the button is bad.

then the flop comes:

563r

the "analyst" then went ont to say something like "I dont mind the limp now if you are going to be aggressive and bet the flop and turn".

what bad advice.

that flop will most likely hit the blinds ranges since they didnt decide to raise, and when is open limping KQs on the button ever a good play????????????????????? rarley is the answer uless you have a total spew monkey in the blinds who raise ATC.

what is the guy trying to rep on this board???? , which would totally hit the blinds.

serious sky, get something on this please, at first it thought yeah perhaps its just me, but i think the analysis of poker is bad.
  • edited June 2010

Limping on the button is always rubbish.

But having limped (1st mistake) - it would be another mistake to check behind if the blinds check to you.

Dont worry about the blinds having caught abit, 1 barrell shud get it through, 2 at the most, they wudnt/shudnt wanna go broke in an unraised pot, and unless they flopped 2 pair, they arent gonna feel comfortable about carrying on oop.

Most of the time they have no pair. Alot of the time they have a rubbish pair,
    and if passive (action checked to you) - they might call 1, maybe 2. Of the times they do call 1/2, you're gonna hit your overcard 24% of the time. So overall its a pretty grim situation for the blind hand here, especially out of position.

Limping in is poor - checking behind wud be also.

U should visit the poker clinic Harvey - theres a few guys who talk about the game in a way you would like I think. They use posh poker words and everything. Cya there.
  • edited June 2010
    Limping on the button is always rubbish. But having limped (1st mistake) - it would be another mistake to check behind if the blinds check to you. Dont worry about the blinds having caught abit, 1 barrell shud get it through, 2 at the most, they wudnt/shudnt wanna go broke in an unraised pot, and unless they flopped 2 pair, they arent gonna feel comfortable about carrying on oop. Most of the time they have no pair. Alot of the time they have a rubbish pair, and if passive (action checked to you) - they might call 1, maybe 2. Of the times they do call 1/2, you're gonna hit your overcard 24% of the time. So overall its a pretty grim situation for the blind hand here, especially out of position. Limping in is poor - checking behind wud be also. U should visit the poker clinic Harvey - theres a few guys who talk about the game in a way you would like I think. They use posh poker words and everything. Cya there.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    half these players are fish and have no concept of what you just said, should be the analyst job of telling them.
  • edited June 2010
    Did my offer ever get accepted? :)
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Depends which offer you are referring to?  Eh, eh, know what I mean, wink wink.
  • edited June 2010

Also a mention for Sky Dave (Dave Bland) who helps out in the chat box during Omaha Hi/Lo cash games and when I had the pleasure of playing with him in the APAT qualifiers was a class above us all and would have qualified easily had he been able to play all the games. Dave is a top poker journalist.
    Posted by SolarCarro
    I just got back from holiday and saw this. Thanks Solar! For the record, I am able to play all of the games, but just to varying degrees of skill ;) Omaha Hi-Lo is actually my favourite game and I am more than happy to give advice to those who ask, so long as you take it on the proviso that I'm yet to win a WSOP bracelet.

Very kind words though, so I just wanted to say thanks.

As for the current selection of analysts, I've played poker with many of them in the past and they are seriously tough cookies to beat! There are many, many good players out there, but there's also a valuable lesson that comes from my previous walk of life, namely chess. I was taught by two players; one was a Grandmaster and had played at international levels for many years. The other was a 'mere' master-level player.

While the GM was a fantastic player, he was thinking waaaaay higher than I was and was unable to relate to me as a player. The other fella was fantastic and explained the ideas in a really clear and concise fashion. That's what my game needed back then and I would have a small wager that the majority of Sky Poker players would prefer a good teacher in this role rather than someone who speaks a language they don't yet understand...

James Hartigan in particular has always impressed me with the way he explains poker situations to players who are improving. He has interviewed many of the best players in the world, understood their ideas on their level and then brought it to a level which can be better understood by the rest of us. He's just my favoured example, but trust me when I say that, having played against Ed, Tikay and the others too, NONE of them are anything but strong, strong poker players and - more importantly - great teachers of the game.

Good luck at the tables all.

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    Beautifully put Dave.
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    i said i would be happy to give it a shot if sky paid for travel and sleeping expenses. :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : i said i would be happy to give it a shot if sky paid for travel and sleeping expenses. :)
    Posted by harvey23
    Wish I got paid to sleep, I might get an early night for once.
  • edited June 2010
    i think the presenters both female do a great job, the women are lovely and banterous, the gents are polite

i would rather these guys havethe job than a professional poker player
  • edited June 2010
    Just spent ages reading this post, lol

I have to agree, i watched the programme for a long time and played on many sites.
    i enjoy this site and starting to make this my home site like many folk.

The presenters and analyist's (if spelt correct lol) do a great job.
    I count myself as a good player not great as make silly calls etc but still i wouldnt come onto a forum and rant about stuff i dont know what im talking about.

Harvey you play small stakes(not a bad thing) and telling people how to do there job. think they know what they are talking about. You also wont say your screen name as probably if you go onto sharkscope you are probably in the red.

Im sure if you wanted to prove that you were good at what your talking about you would take claire up on her offer and find your own way down to london!!

rant over lol