You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are you going to get any real poker player presenters?

124»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters?:
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : i said i would be happy to give it a shot if sky paid for travel and sleeping expenses. :)
    Posted by harvey23
    i'll pay for your hotel room for the saturday night, but only if its on a week when im not on oil-rig

That way I can easily recover the cost of room from you on the tables :)

where you travelling from?? might even pay the train fare also lol
  • edited June 2010
    Just spent ages reading this post, lol I have to agree, i watched the programme for a long time and played on many sites. i enjoy this site and starting to make this my home site like many folk. The presenters and analyist's (if spelt correct lol) do a great job. I count myself as a good player not great as make silly calls etc but still i wouldnt come onto a forum and rant about stuff i dont know what im talking about. Harvey you play small stakes(not a bad thing) and telling people how to do there job. think they know what they are talking about. You also wont say your screen name as probably if you go onto sharkscope you are probably in the red. Im sure if you wanted to prove that you were good at what your talking about you would take claire up on her offer and find your own way down to london!! rant over lol
    Posted by stuza
    the stakes people play does not mean they can cant be that good. there are people who play $5/10 and are MASSIVE losers, most likely they have more money then they know what to do with so dont care, but does this mean they are better players because they play higher levels. I have enough money to play $1/2 if i wanted, but I dont feel comfortable playing at that level so why should I?

I have already accpeted the offer, but have heard nothing back from Claire_sky.

oh and these are my stats for this year, and yeah im in the red

http://i45.tinypic.com/30ht2s1.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/1y0mlv.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/28lduo7.jpg

Sharkscope.

http://i47.tinypic.com/352iyrb.png

also what exactly do i not know what I am talking about mate?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? I have already accpeted the offer, but have heard nothing back from Claire_sky.
    I would suggest writing to Dave_sky , Rich_sky or 10Tikay hopefully you will hear back from them shortly.
    oh and these are my stats for this year, and yeah im in the red ... also what exactly do i not know what I am talking about mate?
    Posted by harvey23
    Are you in the red or black, I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : i said i would be happy to give it a shot if sky paid for travel and sleeping expenses. :)
    Posted by harvey23
    Sorry for delayed response but done the silly thing of trying to have a week's holiday then came back to complete work overload. Drop me a pm of when you are free in July and we will arrnage for you to come on the show and do some analysising
  • edited June 2010

Claire, I think I love you.

Did that last guy who wanted to come to the Studio ever accept, or did he just fob you off again?
  • edited June 2010
    Claire, I think I love you. Did that last guy who wanted to come to the Studio ever accept, or did he just fob you off again?
    Posted by Tikay10
    ha ha Tikay. The first person I made an offer to who said 'we werent' busy said he was too busy to come down to the studios... I think he chickened out. I even offered tea and a sandwich :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : ha ha Tikay. The first person I made an offer to who said 'we werent' busy said he was too busy to come down to the studios... I think he chickened out. I even offered tea and a sandwich :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Can i have a tea and a sandwhich? :D
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : Can i have a tea and a sandwhich? :D
    Posted by The_Don90
    Only if you insult me on here and then I set you a challenge :) btw thats not an open invitation for you all to be mean to me now!
  • edited June 2010
    whats on this sandwich?

Not worth insulting anyone for cheese & pickle.
  • edited June 2010
    Can you find me a dodgy shirt? I'll do anything while wearing a dodgy shirt, even kick a penguin...
  • edited June 2010
    Can you find me a dodgy shirt? I'll do anything while wearing a dodgy shirt, even kick a penguin...
    Posted by Sky_Dave

• edited June 2010
    Claire, I think I love you. Did that last guy who wanted to come to the Studio ever accept, or did he just fob you off again?
    Posted by Tikay10
    He came to the studio, but was never seen again, nuff said.
  • edited June 2010
    oh dear this is about to get serious haha
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Hi Dave,

Sorry mate but your a bit late, your shirts are SHOCKING, LOL, nearly as bad as james' wardrobe.
    I know thats harsh but true hehehe.

col
  • edited June 2010
    whats on this sandwich? Not worth insulting anyone for cheese & pickle.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Its a Chicken Bre ast sandwich wise-one.......not the Bernard Matthews stuff either, its proper £5 a slice Marks & Spencer Chicken Bre ast.
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    There is a rather large blue jumper in wardrobe....
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : Hi Dave, Sorry mate but your a bit late, your shirts are SHOCKING, LOL, nearly as bad as james' wardrobe. I know thats harsh but true hehehe. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Can I just say that THAT shirt was provided to me by the otherwise lovely lady in Wardrobe. I turn up every day looking devilishly handsome in some perfectly nice shirts. The only reason I had to wear (shudder) that shirt was that my one would have strobed on TV.

No one wants a strobing Dave, am I right?

Good.

Now, where do I find that blue jumper, Lisa?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : There is a rather large blue jumper in wardrobe....
    Posted by LML
    No, the blue jumper was ritually burned several weeks ago. This was to ensure that I wasn't persuaded to wear it again in a weak moment.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : ha ha Tikay. The first person I made an offer to who said 'we werent' busy said he was too busy to come down to the studios... I think he chickened out. I even offered tea and a sandwich :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    That's such a shame.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Are you going to get any real poker player presenters? : That's such a shame.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Not really ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I watched master cash repeat today and i think james has took what I said on board and i think hes advice was really good and bit more in depth.

nice show.
  • edited July 2010
    Poker is not an exact science and we all approach the game differently.  Added to which we all have different levels of skill, experience, bankroll and risk appetite.  The analysts have the unenviable task of trying to improve all of us whilst keeping the show entertaining as well as informative.  I think they do an outstanding job.

Of course, they also each bring a different perspective to the game and this will resonate differently with different members of the community.  We need this mix.

Personally I find the high-spot of any week to be Tikay's digressions into the land of steam locomotives, the comarative strengths and weaknesses of motorway service areas or the idiocy of our traffic police.  The man is a superstar.  I learn most from Ed's analysis, probably because I can most easily relate to his thought processes, but I learn from all of them.  I don't want to change the mix.  It's the mix which makes Sky a community rather than just a site.  (I say that even though I moved here just a couple of weeks ago - that is why I moved.)

The mix will always be biassed towards ABC because there are always people joining who have never before played a hand of poker.  That's OK - there is always in depth analysis availabe in the forum.

It's NOT broken so let's NOT fix it!
  • edited July 2010
    My last addition to this thread was in praise of the analysts.  However, the thread started by referring to the presenters.  I have to agree that Sky's various presenters have been a very mixed bunch (from Awesome to Awful).

I see their job as keeping us entertained and ensuring that the programme flows and never becomes turgidly nerdy.  Sky used to have the services of the best poker presenter on the planet (Norman Pace - side issue - could we start a campaign to bring him back????)

The presenter fails unless he/she has the personality to create the right chemistry with the analyst.  It also helps if they have an interest in poker so that they can ask the questions many of us were thinking.  Normal was great because interest in and knowledge of the game was up thee with any of the analysts.  This often raised issues for discussion which appealed to the "beyond-ABC" sector of the audience.

Whilst none of the current presenters are able to do this quite as well as Norman, both Richard and Lisa-Marie create the chemistry and bring forward discussion at their own level (adding to the mix).  Kara used to be good at this too.

I'm sure there are other members who value buffoonery and tottie just as highly.  My point is that we each have an opinion but need to value the mix rather than promote our individual preferences too much.
  • edited July 2010
    I watched master cash repeat today and i think james has took what I said on board and i think hes advice was really good and bit more in depth. nice show.
    Posted by harvey23
    Good to hear - well done, James ;-)