You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM question

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I'm sure that even Stephen Hawking has bad days when none of his theories prove correct.
    Of course, the benefit of his theories is that very few people can understand them and generally they're impossible to prove one way or the other.
  • edited June 2010
    My head hurts trying to think of a theory now using Vince's data! right last 10 minutes of work i should actually do something.....
  • edited June 2010
    All it proves is that MereNovice always gets paid as he did on his original experiment too! Im thinking of changing my avatar to a donkey!
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder if they'll show this thread on The Club?

HOT TOPICS!!!!!!

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM question:
    I'm sure that even Stephen Hawking has bad days when none of his theories prove correct. Of course, the benefit of his theories is that very few people can understand them and generally they're impossible to prove one way or the other.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Does this mean that actually YOU ARE RIGHT.. But we can't work out where it says that.. or what it would say if we did?!
  • edited June 2010
    I've worked out what it all means!!!
    FIVE HOURS OF MY LIFE I'LL NEVER GET BACK!!
  • edited June 2010

My findings are...

number of players/positions x stack size + best hand pre flop - pant colour x ISP =

Vince is DEFO  a LUCKBOX!

Next!
  • edited June 2010
    I've worked out what it all means!!! FIVE HOURS OF MY LIFE I'LL NEVER GET BACK!!
    Posted by LML
    Five hours of my life for which I got paid for.  Thanks work.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Five hours of my life for which I got paid for.  Thanks work.
    Posted by Machka
    LOL....I am at work as well but ain't got much done this afternoon!......:(
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Five hours of my life for which I got paid for.  Thanks work.
    Posted by Machka

Haha.. Your Boss is SO onto you!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Haha.. Your Boss is SO onto you!
    Posted by LML
    When I had to leave work to get to SPT Luton I asked my boss if I could leave an hour early since I have to be in Luton for a poker tournament.  He just looked at me and said leave whenever I wanted to.  That was at 11am... so I did. :-)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM question : When I had to leave work to get to SPT Luton I asked my boss if I could leave an hour early since I have to be in Luton for a poker tournament.  He just looked at me and said leave whenever I wanted to.  That was at 11am... so I did. :-)
    Posted by Machka
    One word..................... dispensable ;)

Is the 5 placings anything to do with order of registration - from last onwards.  LML has been 1st / 2nd to register in all, then 5th / 6th in placings.  In the one game I played, I registered 3rd and was placed 4th which would work in the backwards way.  That's my only theory so far. 
  • edited June 2010
    I would say I was pretty much always 2nd to register in each of them so that doesn't work with my 5,3,2,4 placings.
  • edited June 2010

i played 2 and came 2nd twice, when i click register there was only lml registered, but my lobby always lags so no idea if i was second or not

• edited June 2010
    Last to reg always gets the button on 30p dym for me anyway.
  • edited June 2010
    i can't believe it .  I come up with the idea and twice now I haven't been allowed to play in the game  Boo Hoo.

Watch out for the flying Teddys    
  • edited June 2010
    I'm really glad that you brought this up Dan. I feel that it's very important. The people who get their money in last get paid. This just goes to show that it's not always best to get your money in first.   :-) For details of the remarkable scientific endeavour used to prove this see here . Note: I have edited this post because I was 100% wrong in my intial post!
    Posted by MereNovice
    seems that way too me. when ever you get 2 all ins the last person always hits so i usualy call in this instace i generaly hit a full house with my 23 off :)
  • edited June 2010
    DYM Experiment Results
    (Brought to you courtesy of Professor Eyyshud Gettout Moore)

After long and exhaustive examination of the all the experiments that have taken place (15 minutes can be a very long time in some places i've been I can assure you), I have arrived at the following conclusions:
    1) The winner of the hand is ALWAYS the winner!
    2) Because nobody else then has any chips left the program decides that it doesn't matter who comes next but someone must get paid, therefore it picks a random player to come second and the NEXT PLAYER on the table to come third (not including the winner)
    3) Fourth, fifth and sixth DO NOT MATTER and so are randomly placed
    4) In the case of Lisa Marie, she cannot be selected as a random money winner! LM would have to WIN THE HAND to profit from this senario! This MUST be something to do with her PTP account and nothing to do with her poker ability (although there is no proof of this so far!)

In conclusion, the winners of 2nd and 3rd place are entirely random, although, 3rd is chosen directly from the position of the 2nd! This is not entirely satisfactory in my opinion and should be looked at with the utmost urgency as it could undermine the very fabric of the space time continuum!!!

.....or am I just talking from the wrong orifice again.....! sigh!

E.G.Moore
  • edited June 2010
    D YM Experiment Results (Brought to you courtesy of Professor Eyyshud Gettout Moore) After long and exhaustive examination of the all the experiments that have taken place (15 minutes can be a very long time in some places i've been I can assure you), I have arrived at the following conclusions: 1) The winner of the hand is ALWAYS the winner! 2) Because nobody else then has any chips left the program decides that it doesn't matter who comes next but someone must get paid, therefore it picks a random player to come second and the NEXT PLAYER on the table to come third (not including the winner) 3) Fourth, fifth and sixth DO NOT MATTER and so are randomly placed 4) In the case of Lisa Marie, she cannot be selected as a random money winner! LM would have to WIN THE HAND to profit from this senario! This MUST be something to do with her PTP account and nothing to do with her poker ability (although there is no proof of this so far!) In conclusion, the winners of 2nd and 3rd place are entirely random, although, 3rd is chosen directly from the position of the 2nd! This is not entirely satisfactory in my opinion and should be looked at with the utmost urgency as it could undermine the very fabric of the space time continuum!!! .....or am I just talking from the wrong orifice again.....! sigh! E.G.Moore
    Posted by DiggerMan

I KNEW IT!!

Must be a glitch in the matrix...

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM question : I KNEW IT!! Must be a glitch in the matrix...
    Posted by LML
    It's not a glitch, it's hard coded.
  • edited February 2011
    This still puzzles me.

Sky_Adam, James H., Tikay, does anyone know the answer?

We ran various experiments but never came to a conclusion.
  • edited February 2011

Conclusion is......

You really should not be digging up 8 month old threads!! :))
  • edited April 2015
    I read the thread on Bounty Hunter split bounties and the fascinating discussion between James and Charles on who wins the extra chip.  It reminded me of this.

Then again threads from 8 months ago seemed less moany-woany. 

Oh, there I go moaning on the forum.
  • edited February 2011
    This still puzzles me. Sky_Adam, James H., Tikay, does anyone know the answer? We ran various experiments but never came to a conclusion.
    Posted by Machka
    Sorry, Aaron, but I don't have the faintest idea.

Trust me, if 5 others went all-in, I'd be folding PDQ. Assuming 1 players busts the other 4, that'd be a nice result for me. ;)  

By the way, seeing as DYM's have been mentioned here......

I believe that very soon, within the month I think, all DYM's will automatically "finish" as soon as they are down to 3 players. More details when I get them.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Sorry, Aaron, but I don't have the faintest idea. Trust me, if 5 others went all-in, I'd be folding PDQ. Assuming 1 players busts the other 4, that'd be a nice result for me. ;)   By the way, seeing as DYM's have been mentioned here...... I believe that very soon, within the month I think, all DYM's will automatically "finish" as soon as they are down to 3 players. More details when I get them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Brilliant!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Brilliant!!
    Posted by achill
    +1  I know it happens on other sites and would save some time if you play a lot of them
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question :      "KILLJOYS"
    Posted by logdon
    This makes me feel even happier.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Sorry, Aaron, but I don't have the faintest idea. Trust me, if 5 others went all-in, I'd be folding PDQ. Assuming 1 players busts the other 4, that'd be a nice result for me. ;)   By the way, seeing as DYM's have been mentioned here...... I believe that very soon, within the month I think, all DYM's will automatically "finish" as soon as they are down to 3 players. More details when I get them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fantastico.

Now then, any chance you could sort out the rake? ;- />
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by Tikay10

TIKAY I dont think you realise how much i love you!!! I requested this months ago! Glad they have made this decision!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII