You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM question

12345679»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Its great.

Me and greg played a omaha hi lo yesterday where we split the pot countless times when h/u which was very annoying as he was multi tabling and i had to go out.  
  • edited February 2011
    Where are all these people that want to play on after the money has been won?

I don't see any of them posting here or playing in the dym's i play, automatic shove from last 3.

Fun, that's what play money is for.

And my boat still hasn't sunk. ;-)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question:
     DID YOU GIVE SLEEPING BEAUTY THE APPLE............ ARE YOU THE CHILD CATCHER FROM 101 DALMATIONS  A PLAGUE OF BARNICALES ON YOUR BOTTOM TO SINK YOUR BOAT. DAVY JONES IS CALLING,  DO THE MAN THING AND GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP.  hugs Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    That's not very nice!
  • edited February 2011
    Annie,

I know you feel strongly about this, as we have discussed this before. But what % of your dym games at the moment produce "play" at the last 3?

My recent experience, playing 6 x dyms at the same time, is that people are learning to shove more when we get to the last 3 which is great imo and like 70% end in all three players shoving (apart from the hi-lo where the splits can mean it takes 10 mins to end a game even if both are shoving!!) 

I have had some superb games with 4 left, some going to 400/800 and one to even 500/1000. Why do you feel the need to extend this? Once you have won you have won! why waste time...?

I do not agree that the minority have been listened to on this. I did a poll last year, and the majority agreed that the game should end at the last 3. I am glad that Sky have listened.
  • edited February 2011

micros pay more rake so they should get a longer game.

If you justify "screwing" them on the rake, by saying they only play for fun, then by ending their game early not only are you robbing them of their money, you're also robbing them of the fun they have payed up front for.

Go Annie !
  • edited February 2011
    micros pay more rake so they should get a longer game. If you justify "screwing" them on the rake, by saying they only play for fun, then by ending their game early not only are you robbing them of their money, you're also robbing them of the fun they have payed up front for. Go Annie !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol, i suppose you have a fair point. I was talking about the £3.30 games and above when i am "grinding" though. (imagine if you were forced to sit out at 3 extra cash tables which prevented you playing another 3 and making more money)

I have no issue with the micro games (30p to £2.25) continuing after 3 have bust. I am all for the fun factor. This was indeed the compromise i suggested previously.

Tbh, i am not sure what stakes Annie plays, but i have seen her at £5.50 a few times... She normally busts me tbh!

Is your PC working yet?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Lol, i suppose you have a fair point. I was talking about the £3.30 games and above when i am "grinding" though. (imagine if you were forced to sit out at 3 extra cash tables which prevented you playing another 3 and making more money) I have no issue with the micro games (30p to £2.25) continuing after 3 have bust. I am all for the fun factor. This was indeed the compromise i suggested previously. Tbh, i am not sure what stakes Annie plays, but i have seen her at £5.50 a few times... She normally busts me tbh! Is your PC working yet?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Ha! Nice come-back.

pwned :(
  • edited February 2011
     DID YOU GIVE SLEEPING BEAUTY THE APPLE............ ARE YOU THE CHILD CATCHER FROM 101 DALMATIONS  A PLAGUE OF BARNICALES ON YOUR BOTTOM TO SINK YOUR BOAT. DAVY JONES IS CALLING,  DO THE MAN THING AND GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP.  hugs Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Wasn't the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question : I agree "Blackfish" he is not very nice. Oh you were referring to me. Well, all is fair in Love and War and Banter.!     Greg, yes not many now play on after last three I agree, and that is because of points changes, there is no incentive anymore, but there are players that oblige me when they see you wish to carry on playing. If I see players don't wish to play on then I to will oblige them.  I had the hope sky would leave it at that, giving players this option. Finishing the game takes away this privilege and my fun. As for your Poll majority.  I did cover this point at the time reminding Sky not every DYM player posts on the Forum but should still have a voice. I do play low DYMs but every now and then I try the higher one's these are fun, but like you say, at three they all want to go. Why do I care about this well I post on the Forum for Fun,  Poker is about Fun ....... Free play is for learning and learning should be Fun.  I'm a Fun Girl.!!  
    Posted by logdon
    Nice reply Annie ty.
    BTW, if we are on the same table before the changes, i promise i will  make an exception and play on. In fact i think i did this the other day too and you asked me to end it lol!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Lol, i suppose you have a fair point. I was talking about the £3.30 games and above when i am "grinding" though. (imagine if you were forced to sit out at 3 extra cash tables which prevented you playing another 3 and making more money) I have no issue with the micro games (30p to £2.25) continuing after 3 have bust. I am all for the fun factor. This was indeed the compromise i suggested previously. Tbh, i am not sure what stakes Annie plays, but i have seen her at £5.50 a few times... She normally busts me tbh! Is your PC working yet?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    prefectly put Greg.

I understand some players such as Annie prefer to play on after the bubble, but these players are so few and far between, infact Annie is the only one i could name now.

Also if you wish to play to the end isnt that what normal Sit and Gos are for, the ones where 2 people cash? I actually rarely play dyms now, because of the last 3 situations, i just cant be bothered with it, but if what Tikay says is true i may well make a regular habit of having 3 or 4 going.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question :   ONLY SINCE SKY REMOVED THE POINTS INCENTIVE TO PLAY ON.  You "MAY" play them ?  no commitment there then.!  I don't play MTTs so I think I might just get the rules changed to suit me.? Then I may play them.!!  If you are right and I'm the lone voice in this, then Sky can do what they like, they do anyway. This is about taking away my choice to play on, nothing else.!  Where are the Weeds so this little fish can hide Ahhh they have all had their say.?? 
    Posted by logdon
    Annie i used to play DYMs alot, infact im sure ive played more dyms than mtts on sky. Now i still play the odd one, but unlike yourself once ive won money i cant be bothered with the rigmarol of playing for points or nothing. Obviosuly in mtts, cash and all other sit and go types it pays for me to win.

However if i was playing for fun, id play football manager, i love poker but football manager trully is my first love, in-fact my mum got me going for my coaching badges on my 16th birthday as a result, i just never had the money to continue getting them.

However we are all different but i think the majority of dym players want it to end there, and players from other backgrounds including myself are more likley to play dyms as a result, i am just more likley to multitable them i usually have one sitting along side my mtt or cash table anyways.

All to our own, as they say
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM question : Sorry, Aaron, but I don't have the faintest idea. Trust me, if 5 others went all-in, I'd be folding PDQ. Assuming 1 players busts the other 4, that'd be a nice result for me. ;)   By the way, seeing as DYM's have been mentioned here...... I believe that very soon, within the month I think, all DYM's will automatically "finish" as soon as they are down to 3 players. More details when I get them.
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay you have no idea how happy you've made me!!

The amount of time i'll save is massive!

• edited February 2012
    Mega bump here - was this question ever answered???  Any sky programmers explain how the places are awarded?
  • edited April 2015
    Mega bump here - was this question ever answered???  Any sky programmers explain how the places are awarded?
    Posted by phil12uk
    It was never answered and our thoroughly haphazard, un-meticulous, experimental method got us no closer to knowing.

Since someone asked this Bounty question I thought I'd answer you.

Better late than never right?