You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    hi there,could somebody tel me wot the current record is standing at the moment as i am trying the challenge out and would like to know what the mission is and what the current record is please. hope somebody could help. thanks
    Posted by palmerK9
    Palmer if you look above your initial post you'll see your name added to the list .....good luck with your 7th game, let us know how you get on
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Ahh, well, this is going to be awful for me to prove then, as I playing 14 tables and registering for more as I played, thus subtracting money from registering costs in between games I was winning. I counted the 12 streak by tallying the number of times I closed a table that I won on, so im fairly certain im correct, but I am not sure I can manage to play 2/3 at a time because I will get bored! I could maybe record another session as proof and have someone independently verify it? I probably won't be partaking anymore in this challenge if I have to 2/3 table it :P EDIT: Actually, this means I can't register for any tournaments after winning one, or it looks like I didnt have the streak?! Agh!!! Videoing definetly my only option!!
    Posted by CoxyLboro

LOL Don't worry Coxy I can have HQ check up on your DYM stats if you have the top number at the end of the month!

GREAT going Sir!!
  • edited July 2010
    Erm did a typical LML mistake and now back to 0 gg
    Posted by dylan12

Pfft!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : LOL Don't worry Coxy I can have HQ check up on your DYM stats if you have the top number at the end of the month! GREAT going Sir!!
    Posted by Lisa_Marie
    LM - is there any way HQ could check up now for us so that Coxy (and the other players) know where they stand?
  • edited July 2010
    Just to reiterate that Level is not important guys and don't worry if you are just starting and see people on 9 or 10..

Remember the prize is for the most consecutive wins and it only takes one loss to back to ZERO ;)

Great work all!!

I can't believe Orford is beating me already! I'm back on it tomorrow night from 6 or 7pm ish so shall be redressing that balance! 

Search Lisa_Marie for DYm shenanigans xx

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : LM - is there any way HQ could check up now for us so that Coxy knows where he stands?
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Hey Dud as this will take some degree of computer wizardry to search the data it can only be done at the end of the challenge to ascertain our winner. 

But I don't doubt Coxy's credentials so if that's where he thinks he is then he's prob right!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Hey Dud as this will take some degree of computer wizardry to search the data it can only be done at the end of the challenge to ascertain our winner.  But I don't doubt Coxy's credentials so if that's where he thinks he is then he's prob right!
    Posted by Lisa_Marie
    Thanks LM

We'd best reinstate Coxy in the table then with a good old Roger Maris asterix.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Hey Dud as this will take some degree of computer wizardry to search the data it can only be done at the end of the challenge to ascertain our winner.  But I don't doubt Coxy's credentials so if that's where he thinks he is then he's prob right!
    Posted by Lisa_Marie
    Honestly LM, what on earth are you doing on the forum at THIS time of the night?
  • edited July 2010
    7 so far, bedtime now.....
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Back, firing on all cylinders.
    +3
    Running profit £41.90

Had an awful day on dyms Played 10 won 5.

Goodnight all
  • edited July 2010
    It looks like Leyster needs an astertix too, it would appear from Sharkscope his best run is 4, no multitabling involved this time.

Greg Hogg and par196409 can both be verified as currently being on streaks of 10 wins, and counting. Good luck to both for game no. 11, no pressure!
  • edited July 2010
    Managed to get up to 7.............then bang

Start again I suppose
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Thanks LM We'd best reinstate Coxy in the table then with a good old Roger Maris asterix.
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Roger Maris has an "asterix"???
    That must be very galling for him!
  • edited July 2010
    On -3 just now :(. Was up to 6. Hopefully i can get past the bubble on the one im on and then ill be back in the positives. Although i dont think thatll be easy, seen so many all ins. lol
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Roger Maris has an "asterix"??? That must be very galling for him!
    Posted by MereNovice
    How dogmattix of you Mere!
  • edited July 2010

Current state of play - the two leading figures have not been confirmed using sharkscope.....but Lisa Marie informs us that Sky will be able to make conclusive checks on exacty who has won the challenge at the end of the month..... the following then just to give us some idea of the current runners and riders.......

CoxyLBoro      12*    see below

Leyster          11**   see below

Greg Hogg     10
    par196409     10

Greg Hogg       9
    SamJay           9
    gbo1981         9

IrishRover       8
    DudButini        8
    GaryQQQ        8
    loonytoons      8

Greg Hogg       7  (twice)
    JohnConnor     7
    Owlettes          7
    lazyandluc        7
    Sav4BP            7
    blankcheck       7
    HOG60             7

Pomfrittes       6
    Jacko999         6
    Wynne1938     6
    TheDon90       6
    PalmerK9        6

Presenters Challenge

Richard Orford      2***
    Lisa Marie Long     1

* Coxy's total got a bit confusing as he was multi tabling at the time - as such his total of 12 will be scrutinised by Sky HQ at the end of the month should his dozen wins still be in line for the top prize

** Leyster's 11 is also apparently not confirmed by sharkscope - we may need Sky's help with this one too 

*** Richard's claim of 2 has not been confirmed yet either!!

(List last edited 9.29am 8th July)

• edited July 2010
    I have thought of a little dym related challenge that i'm gonna do beside this one... I am going to attempt to win a game at every level (without losing) from 30p to 55 quid.  It will be tough, and i will start by multi tabling a 30p 60p 1.15 and 2.25 game. Then if i win all those, i will play 3.30 then 5.5, 11, 16.50, 22, 33, 44, and finally 55. That would be a run of 12 games at 12 different levels... If i lose any of the games i have to start from scratch! almost impossible, but i will give it a good go. Ive got till 31st July to do it.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    just lost 1 i got up to 5 consecutive is that any good or is it going be no where near good enough
  • edited July 2010
    now ive spoke on here am i in the challenge i got up to 5 so far is that anywhere near any goog
  • edited July 2010
    That's great stuff Geoff, well played, but other players have set the bar very high, it looks like you're going to need at least 11 in a row to win this challenge. Good luck!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : How dogmattix of you Mere!
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    You're doing a great job providing the vitalstatistix, chief.
  • edited July 2010
    I have won about 3 this morning, not sure if I won 1 last night also, so in reality I have no idea really how many I have won on the bounce but I will keep on going until I lose and ask moo or someone to check sharksope and see what the final figure was :)
  • edited July 2010
    For anyone who isn't sure how to check their results:

1. Click "My Account" towards the top left of the screen.
    This will take you to a new page, which shows your last 10 transactions (or games). The games that you have won will be listed with a nice blue profit figure and those that you have lost will have a nasty red loss figure.

2. For those of you who have a streak of more than ten (like the mighty Hogg) on the "My Account" page click on "Advanced Account History Search", this takes you to a page where you will need to select several options.
    a) Select "Poker"
    b) Select "1 Week" or whatever timescale you want for your results
    c) Select "Internet" unless you happen to play via your TV set
    d) Click on the "Search Account History" button

3. This will show a list of all your games for your chosen time period.
    a) In the "Game Name" column it will say "Double Your Money" for the games that you want to look at.
    b) In the "Money In" column it will either show £0.00 (meaning you lost the game) or a positive sum of money (meaning you "won" the game)
    c) Just tally up the number of consecutive games between losses and you have your winning streak.

If that's not clear feel free to contact me and I'll try to explain it better.

(Note that the date and time in the left most column will be the time that you registered for a game - not the time that the game started. However, this should give you enough information to be able to post your longest streak on here and I'm sure that Sky Poker will validate the winning claims at the end of the month.)
  • edited July 2010
    Jeez vince, nice post - I could check out my results that way but to be quite blunt - I am to lazy ;)

Anyway, no need to check my results anyway - lost one when I ran into a calling station who had the best hand (btw it wasn't LML - I believe she is playing tonight but villain did have similar playing style ;) he he)

Anyway back on grind and just took down a £22 DYM.

Someone said yesterday (think it was goodylad) that DYM's become easier the higher the BI, so true imo, give me the higher BI's any day - those lower ones are just wild at times lol!!
  • edited July 2010
    So can you play some at a fiver and then some at £3 ?

So if i won 2 last night at £5 stakes and then 2 today at £3 stakes does it still count as 4?  and i presume turbo DYM,s are included the same  ( i havent won that man yet, but will give this challenge a go - something a bit different as ive got bored of cash games and MTT,s)
  • edited July 2010
    So can you play some at a fiver and then some at £3 ? So if i won 2 last night at £5 stakes and then 2 today at £3 stakes does it still count as 4?  and i presume turbo DYM,s are included the same  ( i havent won that man yet, but will give this challenge a go - something a bit different as ive got bored of cash games and MTT,s)
    Posted by MP33
    MP

ANY DYM 

ANY Type....turbo, hold em omaha, 30p, £55 ANY amount.....current thinking seems to suggest that it can be harder stringing wins together at the lower end given the unpredictable nature of the play at times.

The only rules are that all wins must be consecutive....and in July

Good luck......please keep us up to date with your progress.
  • edited July 2010
    just played another load of these...lost all the £10+ BIs and won all the 30ps etc lol.

im sticking to the ones under a fiver this is getting too expensive!

according to SharkScope I'm on a 4 tho....edit no im not they've just updated im on a 0 lol
  • edited July 2010
    Just seen this thread after playing a few dym's so may aswell give it a go, only 3 so far though :/

gl all :)
  • edited July 2010
    The only rules are that all wins must be consecutive....and in July Good luck......please keep us up to date with your progress.
    Posted by Dud_Butini

Cheers Dud

Got through a £5 one last night and just won a £3 one .

These are the only DYM,s I have played so I presume that counts as 2 so far as ive only played cash and MTT,s in between?