You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Just lost my

I had 5's raised it up 5x and someone calls with Q,10 who calls 100 the whole way and hits  gutshot straight on the end, some shocking players on this site, I already worked out he was a massive massive fish
  • edited July 2010
    From what I can see Coxy, I may be doing this wrong but on 7th July you had a highest streak of 4. So either I don't know what I'm doing or sharkscope is wrong.
  • edited July 2010
    I am on 4 wins but may be 3 - not sure if I played it in the last day of June so need to check - can't be bothered right now though
  • edited July 2010
    I think that i am on 11 so far today... its 10 or 11 can someone check s/s for me please...or explain how i can go back to more than 10 on the sky history section.

either way, im taking  a break.
  • edited July 2010
    hello hopefully miss lml i have racked up 7 .
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    I think that i am on 11 so far today... its 10 or 11 can someone check s/s for me please...or explain how i can go back to more than 10 on the sky history section. either way, im taking  a break.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Sharkscope says 10 Greg.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Sharkscope says 10 Greg.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Tyvm, was wishful thinking lol

• edited July 2010
    I can confirm that Coxy's longest run is only 4 (not 12!), so it looks like Greg is leading this challenge at the moment with 10.
    I'm on 6 at the moment.
  • edited July 2010
    I can confirm that Coxy's longest run is only 4 (not 12!), so Greg is the leader in this challenge so far with 10. I'm on 6 at the moment.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

When multitabling it is hard to keep track of tbf.

Good luck Gary only four more to catch up:)

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : nice Mr Butini, don't forget that i also got two runs of 7... so thats 7, 7, and 9 innit
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Arh .... i was only putting in your best run Greg - but you're quite right other good runs should also be quoted.....especially as I reckon Lisa must surely be considering a special award for sheer endurance on your part.... (?).... I'm not surprised to hear you say you may be taking a breather I think you've played more DYMs in the past week than I've done in my entire time on Sky.

I reckon you're carrying the "current business model" more or less single handed at the moment.

On the point of multi tabling whilst doing this challenge I did wonder about that.... if you were to win 3 blocks of four games to put you on 12 surely it would then be best to play one game at a time after that.....if you were to take an early hit in one of the next block of four you'd finish at 12 even if you went on to  win the other three??

Any road up.....congratulations for re-gaining the lead there's no denying you blinkin' well deserve it
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Arh .... i was only putting in your best run Greg - but you're quite right other good runs should also be quoted.....especially as I reckon Lisa must surely be considering a special award for sheer endurance on your part.... (?).... I'm not surprised to hear you say you may be taking a breather I think you've played more DYMs in the past week than I've done in my entire time on Sky. I reckon you're carrying the "current business model" more or less single handed at the moment. On the point of multi tabling whilst doing this challenge I did wonder about that.... if you were to win 3 blocks of four games to put you on 12 surely it would then be best to play one game at a time after that.....if you were to take an early hit in one of the next block of four you'd finish at 12 even if you went on to  win the other three?? Any road up.....congratulations for re-gaining the lead there's no denying you blinkin' well deserve it
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    thanks for your comments m8

Well i am at 10 now and i will carry on multi tabling later. Im comfortable at 3-4 tables of dyms. When i lose one its back to square one anyway, so i would rather this happened quickly  than slowly.  Playing 1 table at a time would bore me, which is why i chose to multi table, and weirdly it focuses me more. If i get above 15, i might have to consider playing 2 or less tables, dunno yet. each step at a time. also if lose the first of a set of four, and win the others, i am on 3 again so can carry on...

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Arh .... i was only putting in your best run Greg - but you're quite right other good runs should also be quoted.....especially as I reckon Lisa must surely be considering a special award for sheer endurance on your part.... (?).... I'm not surprised to hear you say you may be taking a breather I think you've played more DYMs in the past week than I've done in my entire time on Sky. I reckon you're carrying the "current business model" more or less single handed at the moment. On the point of multi tabling whilst doing this challenge I did wonder about that.... if you were to win 3 blocks of four games to put you on 12 surely it would then be best to play one game at a time after that.....if you were to take an early hit in one of the next block of four you'd finish at 12 even if you went on to  win the other three?? Any road up.....congratulations for re-gaining the lead there's no denying you blinkin' well deserve it
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Just on this point, as I understand it it's the start time of the DYM that matters for 'consecutiveness' so having an 'early exit' while multi tabling wouldn't matter too much I don't think (it would be a matter of chance which one you exited early). I could be wrong here though.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Just on this point, as I understand it it's the start time of the DYM that matters for 'consecutiveness' so having an 'early exit' while multi tabling wouldn't matter too much I don't think (it would be a matter of chance which one you exited early). I could be wrong here though.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Your right, I joined 3 the other day, lost 1 1 pretty quickly, but cashed in the other 2, expected to be on +2 but was on -1 because the one I lost in happened to be the last to start
  • edited July 2010
    Aaargh! I got to 8, then lost one.

W-W-W-L-W-W-W-L-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-L

14 wins out of 17.
  • edited July 2010
    Was up to 4 I think then bubbled one sigh, idiotic call pffft he he

Back on track - up to 1 now again - wiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited July 2010
    lost 1 (£5.50 dymBack to 0.

Short stack, shoved K7 hearts, had one caller AJ clubs.
    I hit the flush on the flop, caller gets full house on the river.
    Thats the start of my day. Is that an omen or what .
    Should I play or call it a day?

I think I will watch Spain go through and collect my money. Then come back to dyms.
    Profit to date £40.35

I have had a cheeky bet for spain to win 4-2 at 80/1 and also spain to win in 90 mins.
    If they go through to the finals I am laughing as I have Holland to win the world cup at 13/1.
    And  had a saver in the quarter finals for spain to win the world cup at  2/1.
    So fingers crossed.

• edited July 2010
    just lost on my 10th attempt, so I cashed 9 in a row. Certainly will try again, but I will be very happy if I cash 9 out of every 10 DYM's.
  • edited July 2010
    I can well understand your stance on multi tabling Greg - it certainly seems to work for you.

Following John and Gareth's comments though I think if I were one off the top of this challenge (little hope of that the way i'm playing) I'd certainly be taking it one table at a time just to be on the safe side. Especially considering the excellent prize at stake.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : 4 - went on a 30p DYM for safety and it was the hardest one yet!!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    5 out of 5 so far, im trying the low stakes technique, so far 1 £1, 3 60p, and 1 30p so thats me £2.30 profit so far wooohoooa!!!
  • edited July 2010

Revised listing as far as I can make out .............

Leyster          11

Greg Hogg     10
    par196409     10

Greg Hogg       9
    SamJay           9
    gbo1981         9

IrishRover       8
    DudButini        8
    GaryQQQ        8
    loonytoons      8

Greg Hogg       7  (twice)
    JohnConnor     7
    Owlettes          7
    lazyandluc        7

Pomfrittes       6
    Jacko999         6
    Wynne1938     6
    TheDon90       6

Presenters Challenge

Richard Orford      2
    Lisa Marie Long     1

(List last edited 10.49pm 7th July)

• edited July 2010
    I managed 7 in a row in June... but its July that counts and need better than 7.

Just had 4 in a row and lost my fifth going all in top pair against.....

A ROYAL FLUSH!

Well if you have to bomb out stupidly at least do it in style.

Not bothering with 30p and 60p games as people bet like loons on them and its hard to read the table. Too many flukes.

£3.30, £5.50 & £11 tables for me.
  • edited July 2010
    Erm did a typical LML mistake and now back to 0 gg
  • edited July 2010

Whilst I appreciate that some people are taking this challenge seriously, is it right that some players are purposely sitting out until the first player is knocked out? Just played a £2 dym and a player openly admitted on the chat that its easier to cash when he sits out till the first player is eliminated.

Surely this is not what the challenge is about?

Kaymac
  • edited July 2010
    Whilst I appreciate that some people are taking this challenge seriously, is it right that some players are purposely sitting out until the first player is knocked out? Just played a £2 dym and a player openly admitted on the chat that its easier to cash when he sits out till the first player is eliminated. Surely this is not what the challenge is about?Kaymac
    Posted by kaymac
    IMO It is easer to cash if you wait for two players to go out actually, its the way i have always played these, challenge or no challenge.

Whether you press the sitout button (which i don't) or sit out playing premium hands only (which i generally do in dyms) doesnt really make much difference imo. Its not a secret strategy, its just common sense really. Although, a looser style could be just as effective if played correctly.

It is perfectly fine to sit out and not play a hand for the first couple of levels, if it means that player finds it is easier to cash its a no brainer. By the way this stragegy only works if you know what you are doing when there are four left.

• edited July 2010
    Revised listing as far as I can make out............. Greg Hogg     10 SamJay           9 gbo1981         9 IrishRover       8 DudButini        8 Leyster           8 GaryQQQ        8 Greg Hogg       7  (twice) JohnConnor     7 Owlettes          7 Pomfrittes       6 Jacko999         6 Wynne1938     6 TheDon90       6 Presenters Challenge Richard Orford      2 Lisa Marie Long     1
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Are you working Hoggers?????? ;)

Congrats so far mate!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Are you working Hoggers?????? ;) Congrats so far mate!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes im working, i just had a day off today, and previous results were over the weekend.

Actually had a run of 9 too that isnt included in the list. omg i am sooooooooooo sad
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Yes im working, i just had a day off today, and previous results were over the weekend. Actually had a run of 9 too that isnt included in the list. omg i am sooooooooooo sad
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Are u sticking to a particular level now or still trying ur challenge from the micros?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Are u sticking to a particular level now or still trying ur challenge from the micros?
    Posted by phil12uk
    at the moment playing the lower stakes, ohama and holdem.

the 30p to 110 challenge is on hold until i reach the personal target i have set myself from the lower stake games
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Yes im working, i just had a day off today, and previous results were over the weekend. Actually had a run of 9 too that isnt included in the list. omg i am sooooooooooo sad
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Just can't keep up with all these runs your making!!!

above post duly edited

• edited July 2010

The player who had 7000 chips when 4 handed, ended up bubbling lol :)