You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dont worry Harvie is here

Comments

• edited July 2010
    fink i make more on RB playing rush than that and thats only 27% RB.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here:
    fink i make more on RB playing rush than that and thats only 27% RB.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    your not taking into fact that in rush you get more hands per hour resulting in higher rakeback.

I only 6table and get like 400 hands per hour if im lucky. When i played rush I was doing 1.1k hands per hour.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : your not taking into fact that in rush you get more hands per hour resulting in higher rakeback. I only 6table and get like 400 hands per hour if im lucky. When i played rush I was doing 1.1k hands per hour.
    Posted by harvey23
    After reading all of your posts and others i reckon you are prob an above average player only and also prob only in the top 20% of forum regs.Then again you MAY be outstanding so why NOT prove a point and play here.This would very much enhance your reputation and as you keep on SPOUTING OFF on this forum any rakeback lost surely you wouldnt even care about? Then again you MAY be poo poo and you are just here having a laugh cos your mum wont let you out to play or has confiscated your x-box controller.We shall see.dav
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : After reading all of your posts and others i reckon you are prob an above average player only and also prob only in the top 20% of forum regs.Then again you MAY be outstanding so why NOT prove a point and play here.This would very much enhance your reputation and as you keep on SPOUTING OFF on this forum any rakeback lost surely you wouldnt even care about? Then again you MAY be poo poo and you are just here having a laugh cos your mum wont let you out to play or has confiscated your x-box controller.We shall see.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    hi David, I made this thread just to let everyone know they have a expert in the poker clinch giving advice so post more hands there, I think i have done a great job thus far if you check there dont you think? I then get "asulted" by member on here calling me out.

I have nothing to prove I have already posted my graphs when i got called out winning at 10/25/50nl. for the nth time I do not play on sky just because they dont offer a good enough rewards progam for me. I beat the games at ipoker and i get lot of rakeback too. Sure I could crush the tables on skypoker too, but i dont get a good enough rakeback here so why bother bro.

I sorry if I come arcoss as cocky I dont mean too, im just confident in my poker ablities and I know I have the skillz that pay the billz

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : your not taking into fact that in rush you get more hands per hour resulting in higher rakeback. I only 6table and get like 400 hands per hour if im lucky. When i played rush I was doing 1.1k hands per hour.
    Posted by harvey23
    obvs, i didnt need to factor in more hands per hour, i was saying i get more RB on rush than you do on i poker... but you seem to be in love with your RB so much that you wont accept the challenges on here, you dont even get that much RB.
  • edited July 2010
    isn't your bb/100 at 10nl like 3.5?? if so that really aint crushing it, you just play a ton of hands and make a lil bit. 
  • edited July 2010
    lol Harvey, it's quite obvious who you are on another popular forum, do you not wonder why they dislike you so much on there?
  • edited July 2010
    lol Harvey, it's quite obvious who you are on another popular forum, do you not wonder why they dislike you so much on there?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    LOL
  • edited July 2010
    Confident rakeback pros ftw lol.

I guess we'll be seeing you when whatever ipoker skin you play on gets shut down (what a stupid site overall run by incredibly inept morons).
  • edited July 2010
    Also, could someone explain how you can make 25 buyins a month off rakeback?

Edit - I was also tempted to post a certain youtube link, but I thought I'd get a life ban.
  • edited July 2010
    I love to be entertained!!

Ahhh, Lunchtime, Time for a nice piece of 'Humble Pie', and I think I'll read a poem as a break from the Madness!!

'if' by rudyard kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936

My Favourite 'Poker Poem'

Dave 'Hitman' Harvey
  • edited July 2010

In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : obvs, i didnt need to factor in more hands per hour, i was saying i get more RB on rush than you do on i poker... but you seem to be in love with your RB so much that you wont accept the challenges on here, you dont even get that much RB.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    ok but what has that got to do with anything? you make more in RB but i get a higher percentage back, dont see what its got to do with anything in this thread.
    isn't your bb/100 at 10nl like 3.5?? if so that really aint crushing it, you just play a ton of hands and make a lil bit. 
    Posted by BlackFish3
    i mass tabled so winrates will be lower. my stats are very soild at 10/25/50 over nice sample sizes.
    4bb/100 10nl
    9bb/100 25nl
    2.1bb/50nl

Confident rakeback pros ftw lol. I guess we'll be seeing you when whatever ipoker skin you play on gets shut down (what a stupid site overall run by incredibly inept morons).
    Posted by beaneh
    another message that has nothing to do with this thread, why cant people keep stuff on topic.

haters gonna hate.

Posted by Cowgomoo
    because haters gonna hate, as for Rakeback, i think sky do cash for points, how much do you get montly from that in relation to your level. how many buy ins is that. for ipoker if i put in nice volume I can up around 25bi just for rakeback.
  • edited July 2010
    Also, could someone explain how you can make 25 buyins a month off rakeback?
    Posted by Cowgomoo

iPoker is full of multi tabling rb pros. 

At the moment any skin on the ipoker network that has, wait for it, 'winning players' gets penalised hence why many are having to stop being on their stupid network. 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : ok but what has that got to do with anything? you make more in RB but i get a higher percentage back, dont see what its got to do with anything in this thread. In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : i mass tabled so winrates will be lower. my stats are very soild at 10/25/50 over nice sample sizes. 4bb/100 10nl 9bb/100 25nl 2.1bb/50nl In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : another message that has nothing to do with this thread, why cant people keep stuff on topic. haters gonna hate.
    Posted by harvey23

Really though you don't play on this site yet you come into the forums declaring you're the best and can stop us all from being idiots. You do an excellent job of coming across as a n0bber. Thanks though.
  • edited July 2010
    Harvie, when you're not James Stewart are you Nasser Hussain ?
    Posted by -TARAS-
    Lol +1
  • edited July 2010
    He also has a million in the bank and is an actor who is soon to be a movie star, but thats a whole different story.
  • edited July 2010
    because harvey you are going on about how much rakeback you make so you dont wana play on sky and accept these challenges, when you dont even make that much rakeback!! So you wouldn't miss out that much.
    Your 10nl win rate is not even that good... how can you think your so good?
  • edited July 2010
    i started off playing at 10nl so yeah my overall winrate is not going to be that good since it took me a few months to learn hwo to play cash games, i didnt just pick it up and overnight became awesome. It took a few months were I was a marignal winner and still improving so yeah my winrate for 10nl is not so good. my 25nl winrate is something like 8bb/100 and 50nl 2bb/100 which aint to bad for 50nl.

anyway this thread is gettign stupid now, All i said was ill be helping out in the clinch section.

the final comment about rakeback i will make because some of you people just cant understand anything.

Sky cash for points I will earn around £75 monlthly which is around 2-3bi for me, while on ipoker I will get anywere between 10-25 depending on volume. So this is why i play there so stop talking rakeback and how I dont majke much, because I make more then I would playing here using the cash 4 points system.

as for all these challenges do you think everytime someone tells Wayne rooney they are better then him at football he accpets the challenge, now laughs it off because has has nothing to prove to these little people who think they are so good.
  • edited July 2010
    Harvie, when you're not James Stewart are you Nasser Hussain ?
    Posted by -TARAS-
    Looks quite like Adam Ant during his mental phase.

Bloke might be a good player but think he is just having a bit of forum fun whilst trying to yank everyone's chain.

Would be interesting if he accepted the invite from Sky Claire too.

How much would you need to be "paid" to appear on the show Harvie?...and what would your accommodation expectations be?
  • edited July 2010
    i started off playing at 10nl so yeah my overall winrate is not going to be that good since it took me a few months to learn hwo to play cash games, i didnt just pick it up and overnight became awesome. It took a few months were I was a marignal winner and still improving so yeah my winrate for 10nl is not so good. my 25nl winrate is something like 8bb/100 and 50nl 2bb/100 which aint to bad for 50nl. anyway this thread is gettign stupid now, All i said was ill be helping out in the clinch section. the final comment about rakeback i will make because some of you people just cant understand anything. Sky cash for points I will earn around £75 monlthly which is around 2-3bi for me, while on ipoker I will get anywere between 10-25 depending on volume. So this is why i play there so stop talking rakeback and how I dont majke much, because I make more then I would playing here using the cash 4 points system. as for all these challenges do you think everytime someone tells Wayne rooney they are better then him at football he accpets the challenge, now laughs it off because has has nothing to prove to these little people who think they are so good.
    Posted by harvey23

Do you play for Man Utd?

Also multi tabling you'd make more than 75 quid on cash for points and if you're awesomeness is correct i'm sure your wr would be higher but w/e you knows all.

SUIT UP!

• edited July 2010
    Hey Harvie ...Welcome!

So, as I understand it you're on the Sky Forums NOT as a player but as a browser? Bless, I like it when people make an effort in the forums :o)

Just don't start any Friday night rants off..we have enough of those as it is!!!

I would normally sign off 'with GL at the tables' but in your case I'll just leave it with 'hope you enjoy your time on the Sky Forums with us'...Honestly, we're really a nice bunch!!!!

p.s If you get a bit bored take a look in the Shed...very funny posters & very funny posts, always good to while away and hour or two...

x
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : Looks quite like Adam Ant during his mental phase. Bloke might be a gooyd plaer but think he is just having a bit of forum fun whilst trying to yank everyone's chain. Would be interesting if he accepted the invite from Sky Claire too. How much would you need to be "paid" to appear on the show Harvie?...and what would your accommodation expectations be?
    Posted by emilyegg
    I assume the office is in London, im from the midlands so its a trek up there, sure I dont mind doing a show. I would want accommodation, a signed Tikay shirt and a nice hourly on top of that.
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : Do you play for Man Utd? Also multi tabling you'd make more than 75 quid on cash for points and if you're awesomeness is correct i'm sure your wr would be higher but w/e you knows all. SUIT UP!
    Posted by beaneh
    20k hands a month at 20nl would come to £75 a month accordling to the people what peopel are telling me for Cash 4 points. also site has no HEM or way to track stats which is a shame.
  • edited July 2010
    good thread

gl in your endeavours harvey i agree with your views

i doubt someone would go through the effort of going from 1+1 to here cowgomoo btw
  • edited July 2010

good thread gl in your endeavours harvey i agree with your views i doubt someone would go through the effort of going from 1+1 to here cowgomoo btw
    Posted by zing
    Unless that's a joke, I can gurantee you 100% that it's him, and I think he's already acknowledged that.

He's also posted his winrates on the mentioned forum

"4bb/100 = 10nl
    9bb/100 = 25
    2bb/100 = 50nl"

Coincidence?
  • edited July 2010
    Didn't that happen to blonde? They asked for them to withdraw from the network because there were too many winning players coming through that skin. Disgraceful. 

I thought, as a rule, ipoker didn't offer new rakeback deals anyway?
  • edited July 2010
    Zing it is him I assure you. He is a quite well-known poster on 2+. He also starred in Lost apparently. LOL
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : I assume the office is in London, im from the midlands so its a trek up there, sure I dont mind doing a show. I would want accommodation, a signed Tikay shirt and a nice hourly on top of that. In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : 20k hands a month at 20nl would come to £75 a month accordling to the people what peopel are telling me for Cash 4 points. also site has no HEM or way to track stats which is a shame.
    Posted by harvey23

20k hands would be more like a couple of hundo depending on the limits I think. And I disagree that no HEM is a shame.
  • edited July 2010
    Didn't that happen to blonde? They asked for them to withdraw from the network because there were too many winning players coming through that skin. Disgraceful.  I thought, as a rule, ipoker didn't offer new rakeback deals anyway?
    Posted by BrownnDog

ya skins with winning players got fined lol. great site. morons. they're not giving out such stupid rb deals anymore because they can see their all going busto LOL
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : I assume the office is in London, im from the midlands so its a trek up there, sure I dont mind doing a show. I would want accommodation, a signed Tikay shirt and a nice hourly on top of that. In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : 20k hands a month at 20nl would come to £75 a month accordling to the people what peopel are telling me for Cash 4 points. also site has no HEM or way to track stats which is a shame.
    Posted by harvey23
    Would a night in a travelodge along with a couple of hundred quid to play with on the show with do the job Harvie?. It would be a challenge to see if you can produce the goods. You dont sound like a diva, so we could save a few-bob on flowers and bowls of MM`s (with the green ones removed)

All us forum members could chip in......at £5 or £10 each, it would only take between thirty and sixty of us to make it happen!
  • edited July 2010
    Harvie/Harvey

Firstly, I don't care how good you are at poker or why you don't play on Sky Poker. I, however, welcome you to the forum and hope your contributions will be positive.

But apparently you are the "best thing on here since tikay" and that you are "better than nearly all the forum members..."

Well, i have played over 90% of all the forum members on this site, at some point or another, and we have some fantastic players at all buyin levels.

You are clearly in poker solely to make money, and as much money as possible, and fair play to you for this. However, a lot of us here on the forum, play poker mainly for fun.... that does not necessarily make us worse players. Far from it!!! Have a bit of respect please.

I hope people find your poker clinic stuff helpful, i will have a read of it in a bit...Oh and please go to the studio and do some analysis or play one of the forum members. I am sure the queue is long...

Regards

Hoggers