You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dont worry Harvie is here

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here:
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : i make like 10-25 bi just from rakebck montly depending on volume. I never said im better then the regs who play £20/40 obz im not. I said i am better then almost every forum member. I have see how passive fishy people play when i watch TV, yeah there are a few good people, but that dont phase me much. In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : the pros i wont beat or ill prob be breakeven against them. I said the forum members i am prob in the top 3% of players. If sky would like to give me some private RB deal (wink wink) and let me change my username, I would be playing on sky by now, its just they dont, so I dont see much value, esp since I am looking to be staked for higher levels, and by playing on sky I cant track my stats and results using HEM.
    Posted by harvey23
    this says it all really.....porkerman anyone
  • edited July 2010
    He is well known for relentlessly irritating people on various forums over the internet; even non-poker related ones. I could tell you some things about him that would make you LOL. He is widely ridiculed on 'another' (hint: = 4) forum. But oh well leave him to it, he's not breaking any rules.  He is just somebody that enjoys attention enormously. He makes comments with the sole purpose of attracting hostile reactions. I fear a few people on here are rising to it. Don't make that mistake. If we collectively ignore him, he will get bored and go elsewhere seeking attention. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    well if this is his game we should do as browndog says ,

heres   a big

+ 1

to browndogs idea,

starve him of attention and he will move on !
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : sky_claire do me a favour and give the guy harry a nudge to send me an email about being on the grind, he was supposed to the other day, then again on tuesday and still hasn't got around to it, gotta pester him eh. Can i get the whole studio tour experience?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I will drop him an email as I am out in Vegas with Tikay shooting all the videos at the moment. I can nag from afar though ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Harvie

just come to the shed and you won't get this hassle, we talk sh!t in there also

(and claire i'd  consider coming on the show for a Banana Sandwich, 2 cartons of Um Bongo and a finger of fudge)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : I assume the office is in London, im from the midlands so its a trek up there, sure I dont mind doing a show. I would want accommodation, a signed Tikay shirt and a nice hourly on top of that. In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : 20k hands a month at 20nl would come to £75 a month accordling to the people what peopel are telling me for Cash 4 points. also site has no HEM or way to track stats which is a shame.
    Posted by harvey23
    LOL well the sandwiches have gone in the bin with the amount of time this has taken. Happy to pay for accommodation and travel, but the fee is based on performance, I could open it up to the forum? If the forum like you and they learn something new we pay you..... that's why they call me Atilla ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Harvie just come to the shed and you won't get this hassle, we talk sh!t in there also (and claire i'd  consider coming on the show for a Banana Sandwich, 2 cartons of Um Bongo and a finger of fudge)
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    2 cartons of Um Bongo? I will buy you 1 and its a deal!
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Harvie just come to the shed and you won't get this hassle, we talk sh!t in there also (and claire i'd  consider coming on the show for a Banana Sandwich, 2 cartons of Um Bongo and a finger of fudge)
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    have you talked to 'nana about this? she may not like being in a sandwhich!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : LOL well the sandwiches have gone in the bin with the amount of time this has taken. Happy to pay for accommodation and travel, but the fee is based on performance, I could open it up to the forum? If the forum like you and they learn something new we pay you..... that's why they call me Atilla ;)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    open it up to the fishes i dont mind, I must warn you I am not looker and I dont have the rugged looks that Ed Giddins pocesses
  • edited July 2010
    just to let everyone know ill prob be on today around 2pm just for a little play around on the 5/10p tables if anyone wants to get owned

my current poker client is down at the mo, so need to get my poker fix
  • edited July 2010
    just to let everyone know ill prob be on today around 2pm just for a little play around on the 5/10p tables if anyone wants to get owned my current poker client is down at the mo, so need to get my poker fix
    Posted by harvey23
    You obv will not need it, but good luck anyway. I have read this whole thread with a passing interest and I for one really hope you do take on some of the bigger cash players on here and succeed. I feel that Sky Poker has a bit of a closed shop mentality sometimes and some players do not like being challenged in anyway. Granted, your attitude has come across a bit arrogant on here so far so prove  will be  in the pudding so to speak.

This will be my only post on this subject but I will continue to watch out for your progression or failure on Sky Poker.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : I will drop him an email as I am out in Vegas with Tikay shooting all the videos at the moment. I can NAG from afar though ;)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    White Woman, Is that why the Apache call you 'Four Horse'......

Nag Nag Nag Nag
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : honestly if this site gave me Rakeback, id insta despoit all my role here and destory everyone, but I get 45-60% rakeback @ ipoker so why bother
    Posted by harvey23
    It seams to me that all u can do is talk about how good u are and never prove it, so i to would also like to see u  take on moo, lolufold, dohhh, and coxylboro,and all the other regulars until then its all talk an no action.
  • edited July 2010
    Has anybody seen Nasser i mean rabbit i mean Harvey. Wasnt gonna play him as im without doubt one of the 3% worst players on this site but wanted to watch in awe at his amazingness
  • edited July 2010
    If I get dealt four hole cards shoud I report it as a bug to the Technical Team or should I just take advantage of it quietly?
    Posted by MereNovice
    lol, dont tell anyone take advantage of it ;)
  • edited July 2010
    just to let everyone know ill prob be on today around 2pm just for a little play around on the 5/10p tables if anyone wants to get owned my current poker client is down at the mo, so need to get my poker fix
    Posted by harvey23
    I played with him for 10 when i was on lunch wasnt there long enough to form an opinion and think i only saw him play 1 hand, he seemed ok at the tables but dont like the way he has come out on this thread

Anyways how'd you get on your first sesh? did you have fun was slightly losing when i left but only a few bb
  • edited July 2010
    Also, could someone explain how you can make 25 buyins a month off rakeback? Edit - I was also tempted to post a certain youtube link, but I thought I'd get a life ban.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    haha
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : I played with him for 10 when i was on lunch wasnt there long enough to form an opinion and think i only saw him play 1 hand, he seemed ok at the tables but dont like the way he has come out on this thread Anyways how'd you get on your first sesh? did you have fun was slightly losing when i left but only a few bb
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    he didnt play for long as i looked for him at 2.40 and he was gone no how idea how he did tho
  • edited July 2010
    ill prob be on again tonight around 9pm at the 10p tables, I had my despoit limit capped for some reason at £50 so i could not put more in.

My current poker skin is down so I cant play there. hopefully ill start a few tables at 10p tonight if people wanna play :P
  • edited July 2010
    Ill be about, you still didn't put how you got on ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : open it up to the fishes i dont mind, I must warn you I am not looker and I dont have the rugged looks that Ed Giddins pocesses
    Posted by harvey23
    If you go in the Studio & refer to any of our players as "fishes", you will be removed from the Studio PDQ, mid-Show.

The criteria for an analyst is not just a knowledge of poker - a little subtlety, teaching ability, & commercial awareness is a prerequisite. The purpose of the channel is to educate & entertain. And sell our product. Telling our players they are "fishes" would be slightly "off message".

As to all the stuff about how wonderful i-Poker is, & the wonderful Rakeback deals they give you, I'd warn ALL players to be very careful.

As many people know, I owned an I-poker skin until very recently, or at least, 25% of one, my partner being James Dempsey, who has just won a Bracelet here in Vegas.

Our experience with i-Poker was the most disgraceful thing I've ever known in Poker, & I'll try & find time to pen a blog on it shortly.

For now, suffice to say, we were thrown off the i-Poker network because our book of players were profitable.  And players who won money had their accounts frozen, & were unable to withdraw their money. I kid you not.

If anyone wants to be tempted by the daft (& unsustainable) rakeback deals on offer there, good luck to them. I would rather cut my arm off than recommend i-Poker to anyone.

I'll do the blog as soon as I can.
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : If you go in the Studio & refer to any of our players as "fishes", you will be removed from the Studio PDQ, mid-Show. The criteria for an analyst is not just a knowledge of poker - a little subtlety, teaching ability, & commercial awareness is a prerequisite. The purpose of the channel is to educate & entertain. And sell our product. Telling our players they are "fishes" would be slightly "off message". As to all the stuff about how wonderful i-Poker is, & the wonderful Rakeback deals they give you, I'd warn ALL players to be very careful. As many people know, I owned an I-poker skin until very recently, or at least, 25% of one, my partner being James Dempsey, who has just won a Bracelet here in Vegas. Our experience with i-Poker was the most disgraceful thing I've ever known in Poker, & I'll try & find time to pen a blog on it shortly. For now, suffice to say, we were thrown off the i-Poker network because our book of players were profitable.  And players who won money had their accounts frozen, & were unable to withdraw their money. I kid you not. If anyone wants to be tempted by the daft (& unsustainable) rakeback deals on offer there, good luck to them. I would rather cut my arm off than recommend i-Poker to anyone. I'll do the blog as soon as I can.
    Posted by Tikay10

Wow, I didn't know they held the players funds too, I didn't think that would even be legal. Aren't they only allowed to hold funds if they think something fraudulent is taking place?

• edited July 2010
    Hope this thread does not carry on too long, don't want to think about changing mi name lol
    OR........
    How about ........
    'The Harvey Championship',,,,, loser ends up in the forum Stocks

How hard IS a Rotten Tomatoe?.........Whats that..... it's already been done, and i missed it....
    O....this thread IS the forum 'stocks', I see now!!

But to put oneself in there, What a Brave soul !!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : Wow, I didn't know they held the players funds too, I didn't think that would even be legal. Aren't they only allowed to hold funds if they think something fraudulent is taking place?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    It's 100% true, & I have all the e-Mails to prove it.

There had been NO fraudelent behaviour (by us) whatsoever.

"legal" is related to the legal juristiction. In this case, Belize. And Belize law is a very strange thing. Basically, they can do what they want, & there is not a thing a soul can do about it.

The whole story was reported elsewhere at the time.

I felt honour-bound to personally guarantee my players deposits, & did so, standing guarantee for a 6 figure sum. It was THE most stressful time of my poker life, & I'll never forgive those dreadful people for what they did.

Most - not all - of the players money has now been released. I think about £10,000 remains held by them, & thus "at risk", & my guarantee remains in place for that sum.

So when people tell me about how wonderful i-Poker is, & the fantastic rakeback deals they offer........

• edited July 2010
    wow looking forward to the blog tikay, if you cant mention the skin name, could you send me PM or something about the stuff you cant say here, would be interested in this.

From what I heard, some skins were brining in too many good players and not enough fish. While other skins who advertise more, were brining in the "fish" so to speak. So the skin with the good players were withdrawing more money from Ipoker network as a whole, while the fishes were not withdrawing nothing because they were losing from there skins.

The skins who had the stronger players were getting fined and what not because of this, and they had to stop there winning players from playing on the higher stakes.

well tahts what I have heard, so I dont know if that is true or not.
  • edited July 2010
    All of what Tikay says re. Ipoker is true. I played the network for more than 7 years (from the pre-ipoker days of Tribeca), and I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now. The skin Tikay speaks of had a lot of knowledgable players due to it's connection with a respected poker forum and a certain Mr Tony Kendal. As Tikay says it has been well documented elsewhere.
  • edited July 2010

In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : It's 100% true, & I have all the e-Mails to prove it. There had been NO fraudelent behaviour (by us) whatsoever. "legal" is related to the legal juristiction. In this case, Belize. And Belize law is a very strange thing. Basically, they can do what they want, & there is not a thing a soul can do about it. The whole story was reported elsewhere at the time. I felt honour-bound to personally guarantee my players deposits, & did so, standing guarantee for a 6 figure sum. It was THE most stressful time of my poker life, & I'll never forgive those dreadful people for what they did. Most - not all - of the players money has now been released. I think about £10,000 remains held by them, & thus "at risk", & my guarantee remains in place for that sum. So when people tell me about how wonderful i-Poker is, & the fantastic rakeback deals they offer........  
    Posted by Tikay10

WOW,

This is an eye opener.  Surely they cannot continue for too long operating this way.  If the law does nothing about it surely the players will and just leave.  Leaving ipoker empty.  ?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Dont worry Harvie is here : WOW, This is an eye opener.  Surely they cannot continue for too long operating this way.  If the law does nothing about it surely the players will and just leave.  Leaving ipoker empty.  ?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Some cages/skins off the network are under the trade names of large well known organisations. They have huge advertising budgets and so bring in lots of newbies and players of low ability looking for an edge via bonus and rakeback deals. Substantial revenue is made on every deposit via monetary exchange rates and balances out rakeback deals. Most bonus conditions are never met and so not payed out. Losing players who deposit frequently are very desirable, winning players who build a bankroll and regularly withdraw are not.
  • edited July 2010
    Regarding ipoker, the details of certain skins being taken off it due to winning players have been heavily reported in the Poker Media over the last four/five months.  Tikay and I actually had a chat about it before my Mastercash appearance (this was February), both of us were frankly disgusted.

Regarding Harvie, great to see you have started to play at the tables.  I hope you enjoy playing here, become an active member and frequent contributor to the forum.  I would offer you one word of advice though.  You keep referring to 'fishes.'  Firstly, don't be derogatory to the people that are making you a profit, it's disrespectful and frankly illogical.  Secondly, depending on what room you are in determines your skill level against the field.  I'm old enough and ugly enough to know there are some tables/rooms where I am the value.  However, there are some where I am collecting the value.  The question in my mind is which will we be tonight?

As always, have fun at the tables.  I shall see you at nine.  :)
  • edited July 2010
    Regarding ipok...... have fun at the tables.  I shall see you at nine.  :)
    Posted by TommyD
    tommyd, sounds a bit hannibal lechter to me.

regards
    agent starling