You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue.

Comments

• edited July 2010

Keep it going Sue.....you are doing great.

Nice post BTW Dan. I am sure your suport for the other players will be greatly appreciated. Now go and find a British bar to watch the world cup final in, chill out and relax.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue.:
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue. : Yes, it's a Samsung ST61. Where would I find the ISO knob, then?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Go through the following

press MENU

using the circle with OK in the middle - press UP/DOWN to select FUNCTIONS then press OK

press UP/DOWN to select ISO then press OK

it's probably on ISO AUTO, use LEFT/RIGHT to select 800 and OK

you probably have to press MENU again to exit the menus.

Remember to switch it back to ISO AUTO when you're not taking photo's inside or they will be grainy.
  • edited July 2010
    Tikay

You may remember me from winning your bad joke comp - "what did the fish say when he swam into a wall?" - "Damn!"

By the way, to fit into the shirt you sent me is my current challenge!
  • edited July 2010
    Actually Tikay, I've just seen a better option, try taking some pictures in Dual Image Stabilisation mode.

On the mode wheel turn it so the HAND with DIS is at 9 o'clock.  Take a test picture to make sure it doesn't fire the flash!

• edited July 2010
    Sadly Trishelle is busto.  No, in the other way.
    Posted by Machka
    People can judge for themselves - some photos of Trish, taken just 10 minutes ago, have been added to the Photo-Blog.
  • edited July 2010
    Is Will Brewin playing today? How is he getting on?
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Good shout, as I'd clean forgot - we interviewed him at the previous break, immediately after the Jan Heitmann interview. I'm not sure it's been uploaded yet though.

He was doing nicely at the time - 70k, I think.

He's moved back from London to Bristol, now, so I was in like a shot, & invited him to SPT Swansea. He said he'd do his best, especially if "the boyz" would be there. Affirmative, I replied, so fingers crossed.

I really can't remember if Attila has uploaded it yet, though, & she's popped along the corridor for Dinner with Mandy, so I'll let you know when she returns.

On a seperate note, I was rather hoping to play the $200 Deepie at 1pm tomorrow in The Rio, but I now gather it's not running tomorrow, pfft. One day off all week, & they cancel the Tourney! Looks like the 7pm at Caesars, then.
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by BrownnDog
    In fact, Attila confirms that the Will Brewin Interview IS up, on the usual page.

http://www.skypoker.com/wsop
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue. : Nice pics tikay.  The Simpsons guy does the voices of Apu, Chief Wiggum, Moe and a few others.  It's definitely the guy. Re the blurry pics, if you're using a Samsung ST60/ST61 try increasing the ISO, since you aren't using the flash ISO 400 isn't quick enough try 800.  Take some trial photo's of Claire, one pic of Claire for the whole visit isn't enough. ;-)
    Posted by Machka
    one pic is plenty! :)
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Tikay! You work too hard!! Ye I hope you both have a thoroughly relaxing day off, you really deserve it.
  • edited July 2010

Sue just told me she mis-counted her chips at the Dinner-Break - she had 122k, not 132k.

If it were me, I'd have claimed 700,000.
  • edited July 2010

I can't recall how many started today, but there appears to be about 1,500 left, with 1 hour left to play.

I may have misjudged it, but I sense the attrition rate is higher than expected. Which, in turn, will push up the end of Day Two average stack. But unless Sue has an accident - always possible in NLH - she's still be well north of average.

Her current count is 117k.
  • edited July 2010

Vanessa Rousse seems to have built up quite a stack. Jason Mercier is cruising just above average, Jon Kalmar is about average. Jason is sat to the immediate right of Jon Kalmar. Water & oil don't mix well.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Tikay! You work too hard!! Ye I hope you both have a thoroughly relaxing day off, you really deserve it.
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Thanks Lewis.

But it's more hard fun than hard work. I'd not swap it for the world.

I confess, however, to be a little under the weather tonight, I seem to have "air-conditioning chest", & I can't wait to get to bed. The last time I was unwell was in about 1956, so I guess I'm due.

• edited July 2010

Sad to report, but it's a wrap for Sky_Mandy, who, down to 12 Bigs, shoved with Eights & got looked up, entirely reasonably I guess, by QJ, which got there.

Fine effort from the lass, though.
  • edited July 2010

We have just recorded a piece to camera in the Amazon Room, followed by an Exit Interview with Mandy, & both pieces will be up on the usual site tonight.

There will also be a close-of-play piece with Sue, I expect, & that'll go up tonight, too.

Our Video Page only seems to have capacity for 50 Videos, & we are nearing 60 now, so Attila is having to cull a few. But I imagine they will remain available on the "Sky Poker You Tube Channel" indefinitely.

It's also likely that they will appear on another major poker news Site on Monday, I gather.
  • edited July 2010
    Gutted for ya dan but your a top player and you'll be back there,

Going great Sue keep it up,

Great updates as always tikay

Many Thanks
    Gareth
  • edited July 2010

They are now playing the last 5 hands of the day.*

* The clock is always stopped with 10 mins to go, & then they all play 5 hands, to stop any dilly-dallying nonsense.
  • edited July 2010

Sue ended the day with 98,900.

Sunday is a Rest Day, play resumes on Monday, when Flights 2A & 2B combine.

The Blinds will be 500/1,000/100 for 1 hour, before increasing to 600/1,200/100.

We will have three players in Day Three, being......

Sue - 98,900

Tony - 51,200

Guy - 41,200

Most satisfactory.

Goodnight all, from Claire & myself, & enjoy your Sunday.

xx
  • edited July 2010
    Wd gramps and claire for the work you put in today.

WD to sue for getting into Day 3!!

Dan, gutted for ya m8, done well m8, just add it to the experience and learn from it, wd for everything youv'e done as Sky TP!!
  • edited July 2010
    What a great read when waking up!

VUL Dan - chin/s up;)

Excellent going today Sue - really well done.

Tikay and Claire...............yet again u have done a fab job! Enjoy the rest day :)
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Sue an ecxellent days work, unlucky Dan I'm sure you'll bounce back strong from the experience and I hope you still got some time to play more out there.

Great work from all of the Sky Team - special mention to TK you are a Legend!
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for all your kind words guys! means alot! I snap fold the hand against any other player on the table, but this guy was calling in position everytime some1 2 his right raised it up, and would always try to take it away on the flop or put you to the test! I fully expected him to do the same here and knew id shove if he made the same play again! Table dynamics can be a pain in the ar se at times!!! lol. Just to rub salt, it was the case 8, as i saw the guy to my left fold A8 pre flop when he tossed his cards!! Oh well, thanks for all the support i have received it really does give you a boost when you know people are behind you. Lets push sue and mandy over the line and then rail them all to the cash, they fully deserve it and are a credit to sky poker!! Good luck team!!!
    Posted by dantb10
    Hi Dan,
    I'm gutted for you mate, but you show why you were picked with this post, even though you must be hurting , to come on here and give your support to the others. TOP MAN.

COL
  • edited July 2010
    Bad luck Dan, I know how gutted you must be.  Look on the bright side - at least Gidzo won't be creaming his portion (so to speak).

Wd Sue keep it going on Monday.

Great work on the updates TK, have a good day off.

• edited July 2010

That 10/1 on Sue to last the longest is looking good now!

Anyone on??
  • edited July 2010
    I had a small investment in Guy

The oldest geezer in the photo blog is Jack Ury, and he is 97 - so the same age as Tikay I think.

• edited July 2010
    Go Sue! Very well played that girl.

Very unfortunate timing for Dan, he did us proud as our TP. I'm sure he'll be back in the ME in future years.

Thanks for all the hard work Tikay and team.
  • edited July 2010
    Sad to report, but it's a wrap for Sky_Mandy, who, down to 12 Bigs, shoved with Eights & got looked up, entirely reasonably I guess, by QJ, which got there. Fine effort from the lass, though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    :-(
  • edited July 2010
    Vul Mandy and Dan, to echo the words of everyone in the community.. GUTTED FOR YOU. But on the other hand...Now that the pressure is off you can drown your sorrows and get stuck into another game!!

You have 'future bracelet winner' written all over you.
  • edited July 2010
    Vul Mandy and Dan, to echo the words of everyone in the community.. GUTTED FOR YOU. But on the other hand...Now that the pressure is off you can drown your sorrows and get stuck into another game!! You have 'future bracelet winner' written all over you.
    Posted by Lisa_Marie
    so unlucky dan,im gutted for you,but just remember mate this is just the start,you have got the time on your side but most of all you have the game,enjoy your holiday now.get on that beer!!!!