You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue.

12346»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Excellent stuff guys and gals, well done. Wishing you all the best of luck for Monday!!! (and the other 6 days after that ;-)
  • edited July 2010

Dan i am gutted for you, but you did Sky Poker proud as always. Nothing you can do about your exit, dont dwell on it, its the way the poker gods dictated it. But it will make you stronger, and next time round you will go much further i'm sure. Great effort from Sky Mandy too, but again it wasn't to be.

Brilliant stuff Sue! And Good Luck to Sue, Guy and Tony as they tackle day three.

Good Luck to Will Brewin and hope he can make it 3/3 cashes. Will if you read this, go to SPT Swansea, you will love it mate!

I have loved these threads, updates, and this year the community as a whole have been supurb, both sides of the pond. The spirit we have as a Sky Poker team and community cannot be underestimated.

• edited July 2010

Very well done Sue, a great affort! Now keep it going nad make the cash!

UL Dan, don't sound like you did anything wrong... just one of those things
  • edited July 2010

Thanks to all the team for the updates. They have been excellent and I`ve really enjoyed the reads and all the pics`.

Good luck to all players on Monday.

To all of you:

Have a chilled out Sunday!  :) xxx
  • edited July 2010
    Very bad luck Dan and Mandy.

Well done the rest and especially Sue ......... what a ride!

Great updates from a great team.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue.:
    Dan i am gutted for you, but you did Sky Poker proud as always. Nothing you can do about your exit, dont dwell on it, its the way the poker gods dictated it. But it will make you stronger, and next time round you will go much further i'm sure. Great effort from Sky Mandy too, but again it wasn't to be. Brilliant stuff Sue! And Good Luck to Sue, Guy and Tony as they tackle day three. Good Luck to Will Brewin and hope he can make it 3/3 cashes. Will if you read this, go to SPT Swansea, you will love it mate! I have loved these threads, updates, and this year the community as a whole have been supurb, both sides of the pond. The spirit we have as a Sky Poker team and community cannot be underestimated.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    well put greg i think you have summed it up for all ove us.so unlucky dan see you at swansea m8.good kuck to all those who are left.del
  • edited July 2010
    unlucky dan feel for ya,your a young lad who will go far in this game.keep your chin up you,ve got many many years to get that big score it will come you,ve got to believe.unlucky pal..sean
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for all your kind words guys! means alot! I snap fold the hand against any other player on the table, but this guy was calling in position everytime some1 2 his right raised it up, and would always try to take it away on the flop or put you to the test! I fully expected him to do the same here and knew id shove if he made the same play again! Table dynamics can be a pain in the ar se at times!!! lol. Just to rub salt, it was the case 8, as i saw the guy to my left fold A8 pre flop when he tossed his cards!! Oh well, thanks for all the support i have received it really does give you a boost when you know people are behind you. Lets push sue and mandy over the line and then rail them all to the cash, they fully deserve it and are a credit to sky poker!! Good luck team!!!
    Posted by dantb10
    To Dan

I was unable to keep up to date with the ups and downs of the days poker as it played out yesterday and so have read this link as a whole. I was disapponited to read of your exit and even more so by the nature of it - the one time the "plays every hand " guy actually has the goods! I was reminded of my own exit and how that felt in 2008.

But what a mark of the man the above post is.

I will be honest.......I didn't really buy into the whole "Total Player" concept......and I am still unsure of it's value. However, your reaction to your loss, both in quality and speed of response has justified your selection in my opinion.

It's easy to be nice when it's all going well, but it's when things are against us that our true character comes out.

You have nothing to prove in that department.

Well played Sir and enjoy the rest of your time there.

Mike Q
  • edited July 2010
    Dan the Yorkshire man!!! You'll be back kidda, of that I have no doubt!!! Personally I cant WAIT until you win your first bracelet :o)

Enjoy the rest of your time in Vegas

Unlucky Sky_Mandy shame your lovely ladies didn't hold up...onwards and upwards lady x

For all the rest Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii & GL FOR DAY 3

Excellent work Tikay & Sky_Claire

x

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue. : LOL im not his boss anymore.... and what about my day off and payrise ;)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    And DEFINITELY a big pay rise for Sky Claire!!!

Hope you are all enjoying a well earned rest day.
  • edited July 2010
     i think but may be wrong tk  2.400 going in on monday all in one room
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by scrumdown

I think you're about right. Today, Sunday, is a rest day. All surviving players contest day 3 on Monday. Official numbers and table draws should be released soon, but around 2550 players will be chasing the 747 cashes. I expect the bubble will burst either late on day 4 or on day 5. Fingers crossed that one or more of the Sky team make it that far, or maybe even further. They'll keep coming back each day until only 9 players survive. Then there's a four month wait until the final table is played out in November.
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by scrumdown
    We wont fit in one room , expect to be using two until late on day 3
  • edited July 2010
    well done to all those who survived and unlucky to all those that unfortunately didn't. keep it going!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Day 2B Live Update - Dan & Sue. : We wont fit in one room , expect to be using two until late on day 3
    Posted by penguin7
    That shouldn't be problem now that's Dan's out...

Dan you're credit to the site both on and off the tables and you'll be taking down something major in the near future...no doubt about it! Always look at the positives though - at least now you can go and write another best seller :)

Good luck to everyone remaining - there's tons of play left with your stack sizes so cause some damage tomorrow please!