You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Live Update - 3 go into 3. GL to Guy, Sue, & Tony!

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat

Good morning to you all, from an eerily quiet Rio.

Well, we've had a day off, & recovered our pep & zing, zest & zing, (what is zing?), & we are ready to go.

Today, our THREE survivors battle on, being......

Guy Collins aka Direwolf. Approx 41,000 chips.

Sue Norsden, aka KidGirlGy, approc 115,000 chips.

Tony Stroud, aka Penguin 7, approx 51,000 chips.

This is a terrific effort by all three, & they ain't finished yet, so keep your good vibes zinging (zinging?) across the Atlantic, & you never know, they might all make Day Four or beyond. 

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Good Luck guys and girl hope you all have a succesful day
  • edited July 2010

Lined up today, we wil of course interview all three of the Sky Poker Viva Las Vegas survivors before play, & hopefully, during, & after.

We also have poker celeb interviews lined up with....

Neil Channing

Annie Duke

Pascal Perrault

And maybe a few more......

There will be a Photo Blog again - if you give me a list of "suggests" - as Mere did on Day 2B - I'll try & get them all.
  • edited July 2010
    Excellent performance by you 3!! Keep it going, don't rest now, more of the same and we could have 3 cashes!!!

How did you night off go Tikay? Did you win :)
  • edited July 2010
    Gl to all 3 of the sky players!!

Gl also to Will Brewin who is in Day 3 today also!!

On another matter - just seeing that your hoping to interview Annie Duke - read Hartigan's blog and he said she and Daniel Negreanu do not get on - why, does anyone know?
  • edited July 2010

Days 2a & 2b had a MUCH higher attrition level than expected - only 49% survived both days.
    So here's where we are.....

Day 1a - 68% survived

Day 1b - 68% survived

Day 1c - 71% survived

Day 1d - 72% survived

Day 2a - 49% survived

Day 2b - 49% survived

So, 35% of the starting field remain, which is 2,557 players.

The average stack size is currently about 87,000 in chips.

Blinds will begin today at 600-1,200 -- with a 200 ante.  There is one hour remaining in Level 9.

They wll play FOUR Levels today, & play should end at around 10.15pm Local, 6.15am UK.

I estimate that the Money Bubble is expected to arrive early evening on Day FOUR. A jumbo-sized 747 players will cash.
  • edited July 2010
    Best of luck for today folks!

Tikay, not sure if you've noticed yet but the site's going offline at 3am so your wonderful updates won't be possible here. Peeps can still check out your Twitter page.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP Live Update - 3 go into 3. GL to Guy, Sue, & Tony!:
    Gl to all 3 of the sky players!! Gl also to Will Brewin who is in Day 3 today also!! On another matter - just seeing that your hoping to interview Annie Duke - read Hartigan's blog and he said she and Daniel Negreanu do not get on - why, does anyone know?
    Posted by dylan12
    this is what google told me

Daniel Negreanu and Annie Duke are two of poker's biggest superstars, and for most of the decade they've been engaged in one of poker's notorious feuds.

On Day 1 of the 2010 WSOP Tournament of Champions, the two not-so-friendly rivals were seated next to each other at the ESPN feature table, creating a potentially awkward situation.

Even Doyle Brunson has felt the tension, and Texas Dolly ended up Tweeting about an encounter with the two feuding superstars at a WSOP event earlier this week.

"Tension at the poker table? I would like to have been a fly on the wall, Negranu and Annie Duke at the same table. Dan is out, Annie 170K:-)," said Brunson on his Twitter page Thursday.

The feud came up as a hot topic again at the Rio Sunday when Negreanu and Duke spent the afternoon seated next to each other in the TOC, while playing in one of the most highly-publicized WSOP events of the summer.

The bad blood between Negreanu and Duke has manifested in various media outlets for most of the last half-decade, but Brunson's Twitter post indicates the feud is still a fresh topic on the minds of the poker community.

The war of words between Duke and Negreanu goes back all the way to the beginning of the 2000s, with Negreanu expressing his distaste for Duke's overall table ethics.

Through various media and internet forum outlets, the two stars have expressed an ongoing dislike for each other, with Howard Lederer even stepping in on behalf of Duke, his sister, writing an open letter blasting Negreanu in 2002.

That was eight years ago, but the tension has lingered throughout the decade, and now Negreanu vs. Duke comes up as a hot-button topic when the two are merely seated next to each other.

Negreanu and Duke have become two of the game's very biggest names since this feud started, making this rivalry even more fascinating.

If you're not familiar with the feud, there's plenty about it on the TwoPlusTwo forum. It's been a highly-debated topic for quite a while in the poker community.

Duke and Negreanu will be seated next to each other again Monday when Day 2 of the TOC begins at noon. Duke comes back as one of the short stacks with 12,500 chips, with Negreanu at 36,125.

Stay tuned at PL.com as we come back Monday to see if Duke or Nergeanu can bust each other out.

• edited July 2010
    Good luck to all three of the remaining players, go do it peeps
  • edited July 2010

I need to go meet Attila for brekkie, so I'll be back in about 30 minutes. If I'm late for brekkie with Miss Hen, I'm SO dead.
  • edited July 2010

Good luck everyone, go get them!!!

• edited July 2010

As has been mentioned above, there wil be a Scheduled Site Outage later tonight. During that time, I will update exclusively on my twitter page. The addy is.....

http://twitter.com/Tony_Kendall

Sign up now - it's completely free - so you don't miss what may be a very exciting evening!

And, I'm hoping to persuade the Sky Poker Suits to run a FREEROLL on Sky Poker next week for ALL those who follow me on Twitter. So sign up nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • edited July 2010
    It's a well known fact that they despise each other. Even as recently as last month thy were having a war of words via their respective blogs. Negreanu attacked Duke for self proclaiming that she is "the best female poker player in the world", which followed in about 3 or 4 blog entries from each attacking each other about various things though mainly their opposing views on whether there should be a women's only championship event at the WSOP.

Fascinating.
  • edited July 2010
    Nice 1 35suited!! Should have used google bit i is thick innit!! TY once again m8
  • edited July 2010
    good luck sue tony and guy, battle on and down to last large plane load(747).  hope u r feeling better tony, how was your poker yesterday???
  • edited July 2010
    It's a well known fact that they despise each other. Even as recently as last month thy were having a war of words via their respective blogs. Negreanu attacked Duke for self proclaiming that she is "the best female poker player in the world", which followed in about 3 or 4 blog entries from each attacking each other about various things though mainly their opposing views on whether there should be a women's only championship event at the WSOPE. Fascinating.
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Ty as well m8, just read that after i posted, Daniel is my favourite poker player, I would love to play like him and run like you - I would be dangerous then innit ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Warm wishes of luck to Sue, Tony and Guy today, may the poker gods be with you!

And i have to also say:-

Willy Willy Willy Oi Oi Oi! Go pokerbcity!

• edited July 2010

good luck all i hope you all cash
  • edited July 2010
    Good luck to all three - be strong and aggressive when you have it!
  • edited July 2010
    Good Luck Guy, Sue and Tony.

Would be great to see you all cash.

COME ON!!!!!
  • edited July 2010

hows roberto romanello doing tk
  • edited July 2010
    Well done all three getting this far.
    Good luck for today!
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Tikay and Claire, looking forward to the evenings updates.

If you get a change ask Annie if she is over the 'bad beat' at the end of The Celebrity Apprentice* and watch her reaction. (she came second to Joan Rivers in the worst decision on that show ever).

*Light blue touchpaper and stand well back
  • edited July 2010
    best wishes, and good luck to Guy, Sue and Tony (not leaving out Tikay and Claire) !!!

will there be more on the cuticle watch?

please?
  • edited July 2010
    best wishes, and good luck to Guy, Sue and Tony (not leaving out Tikay and Claire) !!! will there be more on the cuticle watch? please?
    Posted by lozgo
    gd luck all bring sum cash back over that pond,also these cuticles,whats the chance of getting a photo of one of them kissing tikay!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Hi

Go get them, good luck to you all, dont be nervous you should be really enjoying this as there is NO pressure on any of you. Remember to be true to yourself and play your own game, have no regrets.

col
  • edited July 2010
    Just would like to say gl to Guy, Sue and Tony. Go guys and girl, lets get you all into Day 4 and the cash.
    Also gl to Will...

Already signed upto Tikay's twitter page so hopefully you'll be twitter mad tonight, especially as the site's down for 6 whole hours :-(..
  • edited July 2010
    hows roberto romanello doing tk
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Just had a look at the list of players and couldn't see Roberto, which means I have either missed him or he is out?

But while scanning the list I saw "LOLUFOLD" is doing very well sat in 460th with a massive 133,400. (Redmond Lee)

Will Brewin's chipcount is 75,900 which puts him in 1240th.
  • edited July 2010
    how long til the money?

re: annie and daniel

Annie Duke just seems like a horrible person from everything i read about her and Daniel is definitely not alone in his dislike. Not to mention her UB affiliation and how she acted as a spokeswoman through the whole cheating scandal.

Daniel made a post about her years ago witth various stories, such as...

7) Cup Boy- Finally, my first ever meeting of this woman was at the
    Four Queens in 1996 when I was just barely 22. Up to that point I'd
    had virtually no success in tournaments in the US, but was eager to
    learn from the so called "superstars" of the game.
    ** Before I go any further, It's important to give you a little
    background info. At the club I played in in Toronto, we had no
    bottled water, just purified water you could get from the gallon. So
    I'd fill up a Styrofoam cup with water, and when it was empty, would
    leave it hanging from my lips so the porter wouldn't take it away and
    I'd have to waste another cup. This became somewhat of a habit you
    could say.**
    So here I am in this tournament, where across from me was this woman
    and another well known tournament player. This woman doesn't know me
    from Adam, but goes out of her way to ridicule and make me feel like
    an outsider. As though I didn't belong in her "clique". After
    witnessing her behavior I was pretty sure I didn't want any part of
    that "clique" anyway.
    KNOWING I could hear every word she was saying, she says to her
    "clique" member, "Oh my God, what's up with cup boy over there. I
    wonder what that cup's all about. You think it's for medical
    reasons." She then went on to giggle arrogantly. At this point I
    actually spoke up and said, "If you'd really like to know there is
    actually a pretty normal reason for it?" Apparently acknowledging my
    existence may have looked less "too cool to talk to the low limit
    players" if you know what I mean.
    In conclusion., with two odd tables to go I play a hand against her
    in which SHE WINS. I had a good amount of chips at this point and she
    was all in for less than a bet on the river. I had actually bet the
    turn with a draw, and checked the river when I made a pair. The board
    was (10-8-2) A- J. I held Q-J in the blind and called her raise from
    middle position. I checked and called the flop, and bet the ace on
    the turn hoping to steal it. On the river I made jacks, but didn't
    think she would call me with a worse hand but may check a better hand
    or even bluff. That's not important though.
    What is important, is that she berated me for playing the hand that
    way! "Oh my God, if you were going to call on the river anyway why
    didn't you just bet?? I mean, oh you know what forget about it. I
    shouldn‘t be educating."
    I was beyond puzzled, but to be completely honest slightly
    embarrassed. I was there alone and knew no one in the tournament
    whatsoever. At the time I wasn't certain if I actually made a
    horrendous error or not. I may have spoken 20 words the entire
    tournament, and couldn't fathom why someone would want to be so mean
    to a complete stranger?
    Anyway, I later thought about the hand and realized that she was
    absolutely WRONG about the correct strategy in that situation.
    Considering the information I had, I played the river just fine.
    Couple years go by, I get lucky and win a few tournaments… and all
    of a sudden she is all nice to me. Phony nice of course, but nice
    nonetheless. The more I got to know this woman however, the more I
    was witness to her true colors and the more I disliked her. Despite
    making my BEST efforts to tolerate her obnoxious personality I no
    longer wanted to put up with it.
    The only thing I'm sorry about in all this, is what it has done to
    many of my friends who happen to have thicker skin than I and can
    tolerate Annie. It puts them in a peculiar position. That I regret.
    Other than that, NOTHING I've ever said to her, or about her is
    something I'd ever consider apologizing for. Those are my true
    feelings… and I sleep well..
    You see, I don't NEED to be Mr. Phony Nice Guy, all I gots to be is
    who I is. I ain't gonna say what y'all want me to say, I'm onna
    say wazz on my minds when I feels like it. Na' I mean? Damn
    straight.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/annie-duke-cover-todays-usa-today-538079/#post11974102
  • edited July 2010
    Hope u all run good today.  The very best of luck :)
  • edited July 2010

Quick reminder, the Site will have a scheduled outage at 7pm Vegas (0300 UK) this evening.

During the outage, the Video Interviews will continue to be recorded & Uploaded, & can be still be viewed at....

www.youtube.com/skypokerchannel

Chip Counts for our three players, & other rits & "notables" will be via my Twitter feed, which is at.....

http://twitter.com/home#