You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Live Update - 3 go into 3. GL to Guy, Sue, & Tony!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It sounds like its going great so far for the Sky players today, very well played and good luck to all, with each orbit costing 5.7K I expect there are going to be fireworks soon.

Regarding the Mizarachi brothers, there aren't 3 of them, there are actually 4! Amazingly all 4 were still alive in the ME and returning with healthy stacks at the start of day 3.

From an online source;

At the end of Day 2B on Saturday, eldest brother Rob had $204,000; twins Michael and Eric had $217,000 and $145,000, respectively; and Donny, the youngest and least experienced of the four, had the biggest stack with $232,000. With the average stack somewhere around $80,000, all four are looking strong. For all four to have made it this far is a remarkable feat.

• edited July 2010

Don't forget, Sky Poker has a scheduled outage shortly.

Chip Counts for the Sky Poker Three, & other poker notables, will continue on my Twitter Page, which is http://twitter.com/Tony_Kendall

Normal service wil be resumed tomorrow, Tuesday. Hopefully, our three remaining players will not have any outages. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Latest from Twitter;

Daniel Negreanu and 2009 champ Joe Cada both out.

Around 1600 players remaining, 747 will cash.
  • edited July 2010

We have just interviewed Neil Channing. Or, more correctly, I asked him one question, & he replied, without taking breath, for 10 minutes. Great stuff! 
  • edited July 2010

I gather Sue has just busted a shortie, Villain had A-K, Sue had the Lisa, & ended up with Trip Jacks!

I'll go see her now & check her stack.

Be right back.
  • edited July 2010

Dinner-Break Chip Counts.

Sue Norsden, 118k

Guy Collins, 30k

Tony Stroud - 18k.

There are 2 hours left to play today.

1,454 players of the original 7,300+ remain.

The Plasma is currently "down", but I think the Blinds have 1 hour left at 1,000/2,000/300, then then play a "half-level" to finish the day, which I assume will be 1,200/2,400/300. 

At the current rate of attrition, barely 1,100 will return tomorrow.

747 get paid.
  • edited July 2010

Welcome back!

It's 2200 Vegas, 0600 UK, & there are 15 minutes remaining in Day Three.

And ALL three of our players remain in.

Sue, 125k.

Tony, 115k.  He shot from 18k to 125k in 20 minutes, incliuding shoving 4 or 5 times in ONE orbit!

Guy 60k.

I cannot underestimate how well Team Sky Poker have done, they are all a total credit to Sky Poker.

We are minutes away from three of our 6 players making Day Four.

Blinds are currently 1,200/2,400/300.
  • edited July 2010

The Plasma claims 1,287 remain. I think it's less. 747 will get paid.

Day Three commenced with about 2,550 players.
  • edited July 2010

The Day Three clock has STOPPED. It stops 10 minutes "short", & they play "last 5 hands".

All present & correct, still........
  • edited July 2010

With just 1 or 2 hands to play, here is the score.......

Sue, 112k

Tony, 100k

Guy, 57k

• edited July 2010

The Close-of-Play interview with all three has been completed, & Attila is now uploading it.

I forget the exact counts - they are in the Interview - but it's something like Sue 103k, Tony 93k, & Guy 55k.

And so, same time, same place, tomorrow, for Day FOUR of the WSOP.

The Money Bubble will bust sometime on Day Four, probably an hour either side of the Dinner-Break.

Will our three still be in?

Don't bet against it! It's been an extrordinary effort by our Team, by any criteria. Well done them.

And so that's goodnight - again, from Claire & myself. We WERE booked to go home on Tursday, later deferred to Wednesday, & now, who knows?

Night all!

xx
  • edited July 2010
    A fantastic performance by "the team".
    Keep it going folks.
  • edited July 2010
    Well done to the sky poker 3, Guy, Sue and Tony.
    Lets hope you all make it to the cash now, then onto day 5 and beyond, who know's Tony and claire might have to book a trip in Novemeber,for the final table... Here's hoping.....
  • edited July 2010
    Very well done to all 3 of you, especially Tony coming back from 18k with that horrible 75 thingymajig. Lets hope we get 3 cashes tomorrow and make Sky proud, gl all!!
  • edited July 2010
    Another feat worthy of note: all four Mizrachi brothers are through to day 4.
  • edited July 2010

It seems Tony just can't get that break, to take a comfortable stack into a table captain stack.

I bet he's unbelievably frustrated.

But it's amazing how he keeps taking it on the chin and bouncing back.

Next big hand is the key, if he can just get lucky (HOLD!! not even get lucky), 1 time, he cud be a real threat here. How many knocks can the guy take? Great resilliance and self belief.

Good luck to all 3.
  • edited July 2010
    GREAT news from the guys in Las Vegas. I'm impressed by all three for varying reasons: Guy for his Tikay-esque patience at the table, Tony for being resilient enough to take that cruel six on the river and STILL get back to business and Sue for just ticking along, busting players and gliding through the tournament so far.

I sincerely hope all of them cash and have a good feeling about a deep run. It's an annoying poker expression for sure, but I'm going with it:

SKY POKER TRIO CASH..... ONEEEEEEEE TIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!

• edited July 2010
    The sky poker team is doing a brilliant job out there. Congratulations to all 3 of you. Just how amazing will it be if all three were to cash. Best of luck all of you, and Sue, i guess the whole of Grimsby are gonna love ya lol, and tell the kid not to listen to the dealers, he can rail as he likes ha ha
  • edited July 2010
    A brilliant performance by team SKY.

Sue, for showing the boys how it's done,

Tony for brilliant comeback from almost dead

and Guy for keeping his cool despite the absence of hands.

Unlucky for Will Brewin but no doubt he'll be back next year.

Well done Tony and all the rest of the team for the 1st class coverage.

p.s.     Welcome back D'oh
  • edited July 2010

Well done the 3 still in, are the others still out there? hope you all go as far as possible good luck and run good!!! Sounds like your all having fun and playing good poker

Regards
    John

• edited July 2010
    Great perfomance folks...... run good plz!
  • edited July 2010
    Question; Whats the difference between these two groups of poker players?

Group A Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Tom Dwan, Mike Matusow, Phil Laak, Joe Cada, Annette Oberstad, Elky (Bertrand Grospellier), James Akenhead, Neil Channing, Dave Ulliott, etc etc. etc.

Group B  Sue Norsden, Guy Collins and Tony Stroud

Answer; Group A have all been eliminated from the 2010 WSOP Main Event, Group B are all still in it!

What an sensational night for Team Sky, very well played by all 3. Tony's comeback from 18K in particular was amazing.

The bubble is getting close obviously, 1240 remain according to the official figures, so 493 eliminations to go, but with the average stack around 175K there's going to be much hard work to get there. I'm wishing you guys the very best of luck for tomorrow, make sure Tikay and Claire's flights get delayed even further and that you all fly home with plenty of $$$$$.

PS - All 4 Mazarachi brothers also made it through day 3.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow......... that's all i can say at the minute!!

Wouldn't it be amazing if one or better still all 3 remaining Team Sky Members have to make another visit to  Vegas in November and reading these updates and the ones i followed on Twitter in the early hours this morning it seriously would not surprise me if that happened but Day 4 will be a tough one and 747 is the magic number to aim for!!!....

That is all!....
  • edited July 2010
    well done sky three.  Hope u all carry on tomorrow, so the sky three become the november nine lots of luck may the cards be with you.
  • edited July 2010

our brilliant three musketeers and d'Urrrr-tikay too. 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP Live Update - 3 go into 3. GL to Guy, Sue, & Tony!:
    GREAT news from the guys in Las Vegas. I'm impressed by all three for varying reasons: Guy for his Tikay-esque patience at the table, Tony for being resilient enough to take that cruel six on the river and STILL get back to business and Sue for just ticking along, busting players and gliding through the tournament so far. I sincerely hope all of them cash and have a good feeling about a deep run. It's an annoying poker expression for sure, but I'm going with it: SKY POKER TRIO CASH..... ONEEEEEEEE TIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    + 1million : ) xxx  Very very well played  all  three of you.  A magnificent performance!

Let me hear you say wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! xxx and a high five!
  • edited July 2010
    Brilliant News, just Brilliant. COME ON SUE, GUY AND TONY.
  • edited July 2010
    Great stuff our 3, and fantastic stuff from ati... Claire, tikay and the team too THANK YOU
  • edited July 2010
    SUPERB STUFF GL ALL 3 OF YOU.... SUCH A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT JUST GETTING THIS FAR,
    KEEP IT GOING GUYS AND GIRLS......BELIEVE AND YOU SHALL ACHIEVE!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Excellent performance guys and gal!

With 10% of the field getting paid we would be lucky to get 1 cash out of 6 "Amateur" players in a field full of pro's. So to have 3 players still in on the day the money will start is fantastic.

Keep up what your doing, still a way to go yet!