You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm trying to qualify tonight for the Sky Sports Double Stack on Aug 26th. Are you?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Not from Birmingham Lewis. I'm from Bromsgrove- about 30 miles south of Brum.
  • edited August 2010
    Ok- I qualified from the £5.20 rebuy!

And I didn't rebuy or add-on.

So, I now have  a shot at Nottingham for a fiver!

9.30pm if you'd like to join me...

supersmith540001Entry to SPT Semi Finalspudgun72002Entry to SPT Semi FinalRICHORFORD03Entry to SPT Semi Final
  • edited August 2010
    Good luck Rich
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks Baz.

Ok- we're off! Here's the full SP... Good luck all!

Aaaces32000  Brrrrrrr2000  croote032000  Danger762000  Dawson20102000  Elguy2000  FITZ132000  FLATCAPBIL2000  Gatchiow2000  INFINITYEV2000  JA502000  jamielou2000  Jiiimbo2000  MacMonster2000  MOOCH2000  NBF772000  neilio782000  oliver19812000  phil12uk2000  RICHORFORD2000  safchash2000  scholes072000  shady9692000  speedboat2000  spudgun7202000  stebar562000  supersmith2000  TheBouncer2000  unbpower2000  volcan02000  warrior3332000

• edited August 2010
    Leading the field but early days yet...

RICHORFORD3995  INFINITYEV3787.50  FLATCAPBIL2937.50  JA502815  supersmith2792.50  Brrrrrrr2760  Danger762745  TheBouncer2665  spudgun7202610  Jiiimbo2570  safchash2525  Elguy2275  MOOCH2225  FITZ132175  Aaaces32115  shady9692080  phil12uk2045  Dawson20102020  speedboat2005  scholes071990  jamielou1895  oliver19811790  warrior3331730  neilio781687.50  croote031475  unbpower1250  Gatchiow1040  NBF77028 MacMonster029 stebar56030 volcan0031
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    HA Two can play at THIS game!!

MUAH HAHAHAHA HA HA HAAAA
  • edited August 2010
    Well, 14th tonight in the semi- 10 spots off the prizes. 

Still the whole night cost me just £5.20 so not too shabby and I'm still a fair bit up on the week, thanks to that cash on Monday night.

So, the campaign continues!

PS- LM, get off my thread! ;)
  • edited August 2010
    I'm SO not on your thread.. A least I lasted longer than you.. Even if ultimately you PUT ME OFF MY GAME!!! lol
  • edited August 2010
    Right- I'm off on my hols for the week. And when I return I'll be attempting another crack at SPT qualification OR I'll be aiming for the £220 Sky Sports Doublestack.

In the meantime, best of luck to everyone trying to win a seat in these two events! Just save one for me will you? Lol

And LM, don't even think about qualifying and upstaging me whilst I'm away! ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Enjoy Rich! We'll miss you, but not too much obv.

Hopefully all of our Knights will have qualified for the SPT by the time you return :o)

Just don't forget which airport you're flying from....

x
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks Irene. It's a ferryport actually and I won't forget, thanks.

My problem will be locating my car to drive to the ferryport...

:)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Qualify for the SPT final! And watch Orford crash and burn!:
    Thanks Irene. It's a ferryport actually and I won't forget, thanks. My problem will be locating my car to drive to the ferryport... :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich

Have a great hol, see you when you get back.
  • edited August 2010
    OMG!!!!

Rich in a ferry park with a thousand other cars????

Yes. Good luck with that one ;o)

x
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks Irene. It's a ferryport actually and I won't forget, thanks. My problem will be locating my car to drive to the ferryport... :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I hear the Isle of Wight is nice this time of year.
  • edited August 2010
    Righto.. Since Oroford is away (Part Timer) I'm going to be attempting SPT qualifiers this eve!!!

I WILL BE VICTORIOUS!! Sort of..
  • edited August 2010
    Good lucks shape-alterer :)

I'll run a few cheats on the site for you to disable the ace magnet (usually enabled when you have KK or QQ)
  • edited August 2010
    Good lucks shape-alterer :) I'll run a few cheats on the site for you to disable the ace magnet (usually enabled when you have KK or QQ)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Good Job Elliot!! lol
  • edited August 2010
    Right! I'm back from my hols and tonight will be turning my attention to attempting to qualify for the Sky Sports Double Stack on August 26th.

There's a £10.50 quarter final tonight at 9.30pm and 1 in 5 from there will win a seat into Wednesday's semi.

First time I tried to qualify for the SPT final I came third and just missed out on the two seats to Nottingham. Can I go one better with the Sky Sports DS? Watch this space...

Hope to be joined by as many players as poss in that quarter-final tonight.

9.30pm!

Might have a little go on the tables before then as well ;)

• edited August 2010
    Right! I'm back from my hols and tonight will be turning my attention to attempting to qualify for the Sky Sports Double Stack on August 26th. There's a £10.50 quarter final tonight at 9.30pm and 1 in 5 from there will win a seat into Wednesday's semi. First time I tried to qualify for the SPT final I came third and just missed out on the two seats to Nottingham. Can I go one better with the Sky Sports DS? Watch this space... Hope to be joined by as many players as poss in that quarter-final tonight. 9.30pm! Might have a little go on the tables before then as well ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Rich - come and play Omaha!  You know you want to :)
  • edited August 2010
    I would James, but unfortunately it's more like Omahahaha when I attempt to play that format! I need a few lessons at some stage, or possibly a PTP challenge...?
  • edited August 2010
    £22 deepstack tonight Rich?
  • edited August 2010
    Not this time Phil, but ty for asking.

Well, I'm off and running in the Sky Sports DS Quarter-final- 10 players left and I'm currently 5th.

Not bad considering I got all my money in ahead, and got called by someone drawing to 4 cards- who immediately hit on the turn.

Was down to less than 10 BBs, but have managed to claw my way back into contention.

Top two qualify for Wednesday's semi!
  • edited August 2010
    Aargh, butchered pocket Kings!

And lost the lot to AJ on an Ace-high flop!

Back to the drawing board...

I'm playing this game again tomorrow night and will probably take a punt at the satellite to get into the quarter first to see if I can do it the cheap way.

Might see you there!

• edited August 2010
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm Went to cheer you on by the time i got there you had gone

Was your taxi waiting.

:)
  • edited August 2010
    Greetings all!

I've prepping myself for another night on the tables.

When I say 'prep', I mean checking emails, eating food, that sort of thing.

At 7pm I'm going to unleash my poker prowess on the cash tables. I may then, have a go at the £22 Deepstack if I'm feeling brave.

And then at 9.30pm I'll have another go at trying to qualify for tomorrow night's Sky Sports DS Semi in tonight's quarter-final.

Looking forward to talking to you all and taking and your chips too!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm trying to qualify tonight for the Sky Sports Double Stack on Aug 26th. Are you?:
    Greetings all! I've prepping myself for another night on the tables. When I say 'prep', I mean checking emails, eating food, that sort of thing. At 7pm I'm going to unleash my poker prowess on the cash tables. I may then, have a go at the £22 Deepstack if I'm feeling brave. And then at 9.30pm I'll have another go at trying to qualify for tomorrow night's Sky Sports DS Semi in tonight's quarter-final. Looking forward to talking to you all and taking and your chips too!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Would that be the £22 deepstack from yesterday? lol

By the way yeterday you ran your Kings into AJ, you weren't by any chance playing LML were you?
  • edited August 2010
    WHAT?!!!

Changed the title have we?? Get off my TURF Orford!!

PFFT!!! 

I am the one in the Sky Sports DS satellite at 9.30pm this evening!! Put your money where your Cake hole is then.. COME ON!!!!
  • edited August 2010

THIS COULD BE GOOD VALUE!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm trying to qualify tonight for the Sky Sports Double Stack on Aug 26th. Are you?:
    WHAT?!!! Changed the title have we?? Get off my TURF Orford!! PFFT!!!  I am the one in the Sky Sports DS satellite at 9.30pm this evening!! Put your money where your Cake hole is then.. COME ON!!!!
    Posted by Lisa_Marie
    Right then missy. Game, very much, on!