You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS????

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS????:
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : Of course I mean poker !!!! How could you think otherwise .....
    Posted by GliterBabe
    have a word with yourselves guys,this is suppose to be fun sky do the best they can and all people do is moan.some of the comments on here are shocking,and as for saying the spt seat is £100 and you just go for a laugh,then dont bother!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    So basically (reading between the lines), all the TSP players are cash only shove monkeys who wouldn't know how to play a decent tournament if it bit them on the wotsits.  They're scared of taking on the Sky Poker tournament players because they know they wd take a damn good beating  ;-)

Anyone for the £55 deepie on Sunday then?

• edited October 2010
    I don't hold any grudges Tony so I'll leave it at that.  I've spoke to the others Dan, Redmond, Wayne, Lisa-marie and I speak for the whole team when I say we are fed-up of all the negative comments, feedback, criticisms. It's really boring. I'm not gonna post anymore on this subject. I'm happy to comment on anything else but not this, its like a broken record. People need to let Sky get on with their job they most certainly know better than any of the forum posters. GL
    Posted by lJAMESl
    James has there really been so much negative stuff about TSP and the players picked?? 

The vast majority of post are saying how great you all are!!

Heard of rough with the smooth??

Great thread Tony sky tourneys need a spruce up and we all want to play the TSP players.

Not having a pop btw i think the players picked are the dogs as i have said before and love the TSP concept.

• edited October 2010

Several Posts in this Thread allude to the size, nature, & buy-ins of the Tourneys on Sky Poker.

In case it has not been mentioned before, part of the whole deal with the impending DC is to take a look at our entire Tourney Schedule, & improve it to suit our evolving & growing player-base. So it's likely that a new Tourney schedule will be introduced at the same time, or very soon after, the DC arrives.

That's the plan, anyway.

There is a LOT going on behind the scenes right now at Sky Poker, & everyone is excited by what is coming up in the next few months. Debate is good, as long as it is civil. 

One thing for sure - Sky Poker is confounding the Industry because it continues to grow rapidly, whilst most other Online Poker Sites are currently reporting desperately bad, & declining, numbers. Part of the reason Sky Poker is going along so nicely is because of the passion & loyalty of this Communuity, & our Players. 

Long may it last, & I'm pretty sure Sky Poker will do their best not to let anyone down. So keep the debates going, & the criticisms & praise constructive & civil, & we'll be alright.
  • edited October 2010
    I don't hold any grudges Tony so I'll leave it at that.  I've spoke to the others Dan, Redmond, Wayne, Lisa-marie and I speak for the whole team when I say we are fed-up of all the negative comments, feedback, criticisms. It's really boring. I'm not gonna post anymore on this subject. I'm happy to comment on anything else but not this, its like a broken record. People need to let Sky get on with their job they most certainly know better than any of the forum posters. GL
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Hi James,

I believe that you need to be very careful on how you come across, in some ways. It is peoples right to have differing views on things and fellow players. I would have more respect for you if you hadn't replied in such a manner( it did come across as who do you think you are questioning my abilities).
    All the TSP have been picked on ability and i have no doubt that future team members will have all the same qualities as yourselves.

Please, please don't alienate yourselves from the rest of the players, otherwise my fears that the site is becoming slightly elitist will become true.
    Finally James, I hope you and the TSP have great success and promote the site in the correct manner.

Regards
    Col
  • edited October 2010

I hope so, the more time ljamesl, lolufold and Dan are away from the cash tables the better.

Why would a cash player want to waste hours playing donkuments? IMO there's only 3 ways to make money at tourneys, get sponsored so you don't pay the entry fees but keep the winnings, satellite into the WSOP/EPT and get lucky (you need a ton of luck even if you are a great player) or invest and hope to win a few, build a name and then use it to self promote your own poker site or training site etc.

You only need to add up the cost of entering the WSOP and EPT to see that a major cash if not win is needed to cover the expenses, online its the same even without the travel and hotel costs.

Tourneys are for show, cash is for dough.

But in all honesty I really do hope ljamesl, lolufold and dan spend much more time at the tourney tables, you have my support on this.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : Hi James, I believe that you need to be very careful on how you come across, in some ways. It is peoples right to have differing views on things and fellow players. I would have more respect for you if you hadn't replied in such a manner( it did come across as who do you think you are questioning my abilities). All the TSP have been picked on ability and i have no doubt that future team members will have all the same qualities as yourselves. Please, please don't alienate yourselves from the rest of the players, otherwise my fears that the site is becoming slightly elitist will become true. Finally James, I hope you and the TSP have great success and promote the site in the correct manner. Regards Col
    Posted by mr_mbro
     yeh James, stop coming across cross, crossing swords with cross people will only make you crosser, and crossing a line crossly wont help cross people to uncross a line that has already been crossed. It makes me really cross when cross people cross a line that should only be crossed  by people that are not cross, but are telling cross people not to be so cross, so cross me off your Christmas list if you wish, but cross not a cross line crossly, or you will make cross people crosser than a cross thing from the level crossing at charring cross!!!

ps, and don't forget to "promote the site in the correct manner", or mr_mbro will be cross!!!!-- and we don't want that to happen now do we?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? :  yeh James, stop coming across cross, crossing swords with cross people will only make you crosser, and crossing a line crossly wont help cross people to uncross a line that has already been crossed. It makes me really cross when cross people cross a line that should only be crossed  by people that are not cross, but are telling cross people not to be so cross, so cross me off your Christmas list if you wish, but cross not a cross line crossly, or you will make cross people crosser than a cross thing from the level crossing at charring cross!!! ps, and don't forget to "promote the site in the correct manner", or mr_mbro will be cross!!!!-- and we don't want that to happen now do we?
    Posted by oynutter
    lol @ nutter,xxx
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? :  yeh James, stop coming across cross, crossing swords with cross people will only make you crosser, and crossing a line crossly wont help cross people to uncross a line that has already been crossed. It makes me really cross when cross people cross a line that should only be crossed  by people that are not cross, but are telling cross people not to be so cross, so cross me off your Christmas list if you wish, but cross not a cross line crossly, or you will make cross people crosser than a cross thing from the level crossing at charring cross!!! ps, and don't forget to "promote the site in the correct manner", or mr_mbro will be cross!!!!-- and we don't want that to happen now do we?
    Posted by oynutter
    If that is all you can do nutter,(take the pee), then in future kindly refrain from commenting on any of my posts.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : If that is all you can do nutter,(take the pee), then in future kindly refrain from commenting on any of my posts.
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I think you may find he was just bringing a little HUMOUR to the thread,you know HUMOUR?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : I think you may find he was just bringing a little HUMOUR to the thread,you know HUMOUR?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Never, but when humour is aimed at someone, who doesnt appreciate it, then it is wrong, not needed, and can inflame situations.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : I think you may find he was just bringing a little HUMOUR to the thread,you know HUMOUR?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Tut, tut tut, Debs, now look what you've done, he's all cross now!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : Tut, tut tut, Debs, now look what you've done, he's all cross now!
    Posted by oynutter
    How cross? crosser than a crissy crossy thingy ?
  • edited October 2010
    Actually, Mr_mbro, I took it upon myself to "take the pee", because I thought you had a flopwit cheek hoping that James promotes the site in the "correct manner"
  • edited October 2010
    I wasn''t going to bother replying to this because I thought it was obvious I have nothing to prove in live mtts and I hope that in the future I will win a big one. 1stly my close poker friends are some of the best tournament players in the UK and the world. We always discuss hands and strategy and there is no better knowledge you can gain than from talking to these sort of players. When it all comes together and you run good you can win any tournament in the world believe me, they've done it. My close poker friends include Jake Cody (EPT and WPT winner), Toby Lewis (EPT Winner), Chris Moorman (One of the best online mtt players in the world), James Dempsey (WSOP Bracelet winner) the list is endless. Us guys chat all the time about hands.  I have to admit though, I'm a bit confused as to why all these threads are aimed at me about Team Sky Poker and especially by Tony who obviously doesn't even know me.  So Tony your basically saying you think your better at torny's than me, fair enough. All I can say to that is instead of posting in a forum singling me out why don't you prove it!  I'd happily take a prop bet with you for a large amount of money that if you play exactly the same tornys as me I will do better in them than you in cashes and prize money. Let me know if you fancy it. Now before I say this understand that Dan and Redmond are not only my team m8s but they are my friends. I rate Dan and Redmond without any questionable doubt they are both awesome players in cash and mtt.  What I really don't rate is your comment; Dan and Redmond have nothing to prove but I do?! Really? 1stly none of us have anything to prove neither to you or anyone on this forum.   You say Dan is exempt from yours or anyone else's judgement because Dan won a sky poker tour? You mean one of those comps that are made fast and crap-shooty so everyone of all abilities has a chance to win them. I'm not saying he didn't play brilliantly through out and deserve his victory but how can you say Dan's fine but I'm not. It just proves to me that your understanding of tournaments is very basic if not bias to yourself.  Dan is an excellent player and like everyone else in the team deserves his place, not because he won a sky event but because he is an excellent and consistent winning player. You also go onto say Redmond's fine because he cashed in one big torny where there are 7000 runners do you realise how many flips and how good you have to run to go deep in any sort of comp like that. He no doubt played brilliantly and deserved his deep run he is a quality player but I'm sure he will tell you himself that he got lucky along the way. My only belief is because you cashed in this comp you believe that anyone who cashed deeper than you is god like. I also know Redmond used to be a mtt pro before he played cash and I know his knowledge of the game is excellent because we have discussed poker before and we think on the same wave-length. So again its not because of one tournament its because overall he crushes the games whether it be cash or mtt. Talent in both mtts and cash is rare and everyone on this team has that talent its not even an issue that needs to be mentioned by yourself. As for you knowing my game well, lets be honest you clearly don't. When I play in a £100 sky poker comp I'm not being big headed but I play for enjoyment I'm there to meet new people and have a laugh. I'm not going to be as bothered if I bust out early and yes I will gamble for a stack early in these because the structure is too fast.  You seem like a nice guy when I met you that once Tony but you are really letting yourself down with these comments. You have made it clear in this thread and others that you feel you should be on the team and it seems you feel you should be on instead of me, like I said fair enough then prove it.
    Posted by lJAMESl

ljamesl

i understand your a lot bigger player then most

but calling the spts a c rap shoot when meny loyal sky players spend hard earnt money to enter them is not right and seems that you are saying skypoker players are not good enough toplay long tournies

and as for again paying £100 to enter a tourny meny can not afford this

but they still try there hardest and enjoy the game they dont need it rammed down there throat that a few can do so much better

tikay is this a way a sky poker team member should be addressing the site

i fully support the skypoker team

and hope to play against them online and in blackpool and any pther skypoker spt (c rap shoots ) im lucky enough to qualify for

best of luck
  • edited October 2010
    James calls the SPT c rap shooty - imo he has every right to say that because I also believe they are and you need a lot of luck early on in a fast structure like the SPT where most players try and get a big stack early or bust trying.

The SPT are great for a whole number of reasons, they cater for every level due to the satellite structure into  them, they can be played within a day which saves additional costs of hotels etc, it gives new players an opportunity to have a taste of playing live poker and finally it is a great place to meet new friends and catch up with old friends which is what James and several others go to the SPT for, not the mtt but the social aspect - myself included in that.  

Those who wish to take the SPT seriously have my full backing and gl to them as im sure James and any other player would wish them luck so imo he hasn't said anything wrong in calling them c rap shooty and is certinally imo not being offensive to anyone who plays them.
  • edited October 2010
    all 1day large field comps are going to be crapshoots
  • edited October 2010
    I agree with Dylan and LOL. All live tournaments that are designed to be finished in 1 day are considered crapshoots. It is not derogatry towards the players in them, it just means there is little room for play and you need alot of luck as so many runners need to be knocked out in just a single day.
  • edited October 2010
    To win any mtt you have to be lucky. Thats poker! 

And Sara, James wasn't disrespecting the sky players. He was just saying he doesnt care as much to win. He obviously still wants to win. But as you said £100 is a lot of money to most. Whereas others its not. When people regularly play £1k-5k tournaments. Going to a £100 tournament means a lot less. I play at a local club occasionally that has pretty small buyins. But I play for fun, to have a laugh with my friends. Doesnt mean i'm disrespecting them. And trust me these tournys are even more of a crapshoot, they are over in 4 hours. 

Its also like multi millionaires and billionaires playing the wsop main event. They dont care if they lose. They probably dont expect to last long. But they play it for fun and cause its the best poker tournament in the world. So its just depends on what you can afford. Everyones in a tournament for different reasons. But everyone still wants to win!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe we should concentrate on getting some tournaments on the schedule that are worth TSP participating in
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe we should concentrate on getting some tournaments on the schedule that are worth TSP participating in
    Posted by pryce6
    There is a post earlier in this thread from tikay (10.32am) where he says that Sky are looking at the tournament schedule so I am guessing that will include some new games as well.
  • edited October 2010
    I agree with Dylan and LOL. All live tournaments that are designed to be finished in 1 day are considered crapshoots. It is not derogatry towards the players in them, it just means there is little room for play and you need alot of luck as so many runners need to be knocked out in just a single day.
    Posted by FlashFlush
      i have played on sky just over a cpl of years and was another name evern i carnt remeber before that

i have played in the irish open at £4,200 to sit down

and several other big tournys sponsered by several websites

i have never told anyone on the site that any promotion they run is a c rap shoot so players of any level can play

i mainly play tournys true i carnt play cash and admit it

this is my opinion that sky are not treating all players the same

small stake players have no chance

im playing in blackpool will enjoy the trip and the day meeting people and haveing a beer with them

strangley i done the same in ireland

i to could name a lot off poker players i know and talk to but im not like that

i just think if your lucky enough to be picked for skypoker you should encourage other players 

everyone is allowed an opinion they should not be got at like others have by a few who think they own and run this site

as i said i support the team wish them luck 

they just have to remember they are representing us the players the community

will see in blackpool if we are worthy of a word from them

• edited October 2010
    I dont think you understand the meaning of a cr ap shoot. It doesnt mean its a bad tournament and the players in them are bad. It just means you cant wait around all day for hands. Therefore more luck involved. 
  • edited October 2010
    I dont think you understand the meaning of a cr ap shoot. It doesnt mean its a bad tournament and the players in them are bad. It just means you cant wait around all day for hands. Therefore more luck involved. 
    Posted by 5toneFace

This

Its like the move called a "donk bet" it doesn't mean the person making the play is a donk nor is the play itself "Donk-like". Just because these tournaments are described as a crapshoot does not mean we are describing them as cr@p.I, like you have been to most of these SPT games and love them as does everyone else who plays them. I'm sure if you speak to Tikay and SPT_Rich they will agree with what we are saying, its just the word makes it sound worse. Lets just call them "Fast paced tournaments" from now on, it means the same thing.

FWIW James never used to play the SPT games, but after the Luton leg he said on numerous occasions on the forum how much he loved them and the banter and would try and play as many as he could. Remember he is a full time pro so if there is a £100 tournament and a £1000 tournament on the same day, which will he choose?
  • edited October 2010
    this is my opinion that sky are not treating all players the same   small stake players have no chance  .....   they just have to remember they are representing us the players the community   will see in blackpool if we are worthy of a word from them     
    Posted by sara36dd08

Low stakes players dont 'get the chance' bcos they arent good enough/proven winners.. this isnt about being fair

also they are representing skypoker, their goal is to enhance the sites reputation in the general poker world (not on skypoker) to increase traffic, they will acheive this by getting results & winning 1k-10k's not by being diplomatic and being everyones best m8..

i dont have a problem with james' comments, he stood up 4 himself as a player and im glad he is confident in himself. the moment a player loses positivity, the moment the train wreck begins.

going bk to the op, these players dont need more volume of hands in online tourneys  to improve, their fundamentals are solid, there time is better spent on mindset/lifestyle/media and other aspects of the game.

x
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : Hi James, I believe that you need to be very careful on how you come across, in some ways. It is peoples right to have differing views on things and fellow players. I would have more respect for you if you hadn't replied in such a manner( it did come across as who do you think you are questioning my abilities). All the TSP have been picked on ability and i have no doubt that future team members will have all the same qualities as yourselves. Please, please don't alienate yourselves from the rest of the players, otherwise my fears that the site is becoming slightly elitist will become true. Finally James, I hope you and the TSP have great success and promote the site in the correct manner. Regards Col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    This + 1000

I haven't posted much on here lately, but when I read James' response to Penguin last night I had to shut down or I would probably have been banned for life - the word arrogance doesn't even come close. You're a great player, but people are entitled to their opinions. Left a very bitter taste I'm afraid. Tony wasn't even being negative - don't be so touchy!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : This + 1000 I haven't posted much on here lately, but when I read James' response to Penguin last night I had to shut down or I would probably have been banned for life - the word arrogance doesn't even come close. You're a great player, but people are entitled to their opinions. Left a very bitter taste I'm afraid. Tony wasn't even being negative - don't be so touchy!
    Posted by darich

- 1 000 000
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : - 1 000 000
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Just my opinion - and by the sounds of it I'm not alone. I won't be losing any sleep over people disagreeing, and nor will I be leaving the site in a huff either. But it's a forum, and it's an opinion, and his reply to Penguin sounded to me as "who on earth are you to question me?" 

• edited October 2010
    Well to be fair nobody has any right to criticize or question his record... because it speaks for itself. Surely any criticism should have been said in private and not displayed on an open public forum.

I can't see how it tilted you that much you had to shut off your computer.... that is ridiculous.

Why don't people understand Sky Poker is a business first and a community second. It is a facility they are not required to provide, yet do so to gain support and popularity amongst its users.

It appears that many now are suffering from dented ego's, due to their lack of consideration to be put forward for team selection. 
  • edited October 2010
    Well to be fair nobody has any right to criticize or question his record... because it speaks for itself. Surely any criticism should have been said in private and not displayed on an open public forum. I can't see how it tilted you that much you had to shut off your computer.... that is ridiculous. Why don't people understand Sky Poker is a business first and a community second. It is a facility they are not required to provide, yet do so to gain support and popularity amongst its users. It appears that many now are suffering from dented ego's, due to their lack of consideration to be put forward for team selection. 
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Are you having a laugh? I'm nowhere near the same league as players like James & co and am light years from any team. The community is a by-product of the site and a major plus. Some may think the community comes first, but I certainly don't and never have done. I'm a recreational player, and choose to play here for the general banter as much as anything else. I just didn't see any problem with Penguin's comments and imo they certainly didn't deserve a riposte that to me sounded aloof and snobbish (I suggest you read it back!). Penguin then qualifies his comments and the second reply is no less aloof. (read it back).

That was my gripe, and yeh, ok I admit I exaggerated about turning the comp off, I just bit my tongue. Nothing to do with the community not getting a say - of course, they shouldn't. Sky's a business and they have correctly selected the best players.

Don't confuse me with other people on here Chirpy