You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS????

124»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS????:
    tikay any chance of some razz tournys?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    In truth, I don't see that happening in the near or even medium term, the demand is just not there. Razz liquidity is thin even on the Big Two Sites.

I'd rather see some migration to the Omaha Tables first, to be honest, but the fact is, whether you & I like it or not, NLH is the current "fashion", & that has to be the staple diet.

• edited October 2010

In Response to Re: SHOULD TSP BE PLAYING MORE TOURNYS???? : In truth, I don't see that happening in the near or even medium term, the demand is just not there. Razz liquidity is thin even on the Big Two Sites. I'd rather see some migration to the Omaha Tables first, to be honest, but the fact is, whether you & I like it or not, NLH is the current "fashion", & that has to be the staple diet.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thank you tikay i understand just enjoy 7 card stud and razz as well as holdem am learning omaha so will try a few  how was luton last night nearly came up but got caught up and couldnt

is it every monday?

• edited October 2010
    A brief Update. I mentioned ealier that the entire Tourney Schedule is being revamped to coincide with the introduction of of the DC. Yesterday, I sat in on a Meet where the new Schedule was pretty much finalised, & if I recall correctly, the new Schedule will commence on Monday November 1st - about 2 weeks hence. I think it addresses many of the points raised in this thread about the availability of Tournaments which have..... Better structures. Bigger Buy-Ins. Bigger Guarantees. The new 8pm Main Event schedule is particularly pleasing, imo, as it addresses all of the above. But better still are some really excellent Tourneys, with superb structures, & at a range of prices that should cover "something for everyone". These will have a lot more "play", which, I think, is what many want to see. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • edited October 2010
    A brief Update. I mentioned ealier that the entire Tourney Schedule is being revamped to coincide with the introduction of of the DC. Yesterday, I sat in on a Meet where the new Schedule was pretty much finalised, & if I recall correctly, the new Schedule will commence on Monday November 1st - about 2 weeks hence. I think it addresses many of the points raised in this thread about the availability of Tournaments which have..... Better structures. Bigger Buy-Ins. Bigger Guarantees. The new 8pm Main Event schedule is particularly pleasing, imo, as it addresses all of the above. But better still are some really excellent Tourneys, with superb structures, & at a range of prices that should cover "something for everyone". These will have a lot more "play", which, I think, is what many want to see. 
    Posted by Tikay10

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+1
  • edited October 2010
    A brief Update. I mentioned ealier that the entire Tourney Schedule is being revamped to coincide with the introduction of of the DC. Yesterday, I sat in on a Meet where the new Schedule was pretty much finalised, & if I recall correctly, the new Schedule will commence on Monday November 1st - about 2 weeks hence. I think it addresses many of the points raised in this thread about the availability of Tournaments which have..... Better structures. Bigger Buy-Ins. Bigger Guarantees. The new 8pm Main Event schedule is particularly pleasing, imo, as it addresses all of the above. But better still are some really excellent Tourneys, with superb structures, & at a range of prices that should cover "something for everyone". These will have a lot more "play", which, I think, is what many want to see. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay, looking forward to 1st November with anticipation
  • edited October 2010
    Tikay - Thanks for the updates - sounds good.

Could yoiu just clarify one thing for me please?

• edited October 2010
    Tikay - Thanks for the updates - sounds good. Could yoiu just clarify one thing for me please?
    Posted by SoLack
    Hi Solly,

No.

PS - How did you get on in tonight's Deepie, & Main Event?
  • edited October 2010
    Orford hacked my account therefore went out first hand in both
  • edited October 2010
    Orford hacked my account therefore went out first hand in both
    Posted by SoLack
    QFT.

Legend, you.
  • edited October 2010
    lol tikay very excited by all this and cant wait to find out more on tourneys front and backing team sky all the way
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks for the updates Tikay.

I apologise if I have been terse in some of my earlier comments on this thread. I guess I just have a passionate love of this site, and in that regard I don't make any apologies.

Glad to see that TSP will be "getting involved"!  
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks for the updates Tikay. I apologise if I have been terse in some of my earlier comments on this thread. I guess I just have a passionate love of this site, and in that regard I don't make any apologies. Glad to see that TSP will be "getting involved"!  
    Posted by darich
    No worries, Rich.

And you are not the only one with a passionate love for this Site, or it's Community. But as it gets bigger - as it inevitably must (ALL businesses must try to grow, thats the fidicuary duty of the Directors & Management, on behalf of the Shareholders), then it becomes harder & harder to find one size fits all solutions. But they try, because to grow the Business you need to keep the Clients happy. It's quite frustrating when people suggests otherwise, because that would make no sense. They make mistakes, of course they do, but that's the price of going the extra yard. No pain, no gain.

The growing pains - & gains - will continue for a while yet, too - thank goodness.
  • edited October 2010
    looking forward to the new tourney schedule as i don't play as many now as i used to,just hope they will leave the £250 gtd midnight tourney in place as it is just about the only decent one left!!
    Thanks for this info tikay.
  • edited October 2010
    Tikay won't clarify, maybe somebody else could.

What I want to know is, whether it is true that all the TSP select players are rubbish at everything?

• edited October 2010
    Tikay won't clarify, maybe somebody else could. What I want to know is, whether it is true that all the TSP select players are rubbish at everything?
    Posted by SoLack
    Not true. LML can cook.