You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was he right to call?

124»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: was he right to call?:
    In Response to Re: was he right to call? : The man asked a question so we answered it - correcting others in the process. What do people benefit/learn from reading batkin/young guns awful posts on this thread? Anyone wanting to learn and improve their game shouldn't read someone advertising poor play. Also if batkin/young gun listened to advice then maybe their own games would improve - obviously didn't work this time but never mind. Fwiw this has been the most entertaining thread on the poker clinic by a mile.
    Posted by pryce6
    wt f

It's about time we had another row beaneh. 

• edited November 2010
    stien so your 100% correct lol get a grip.

Pryce my game does improve from the threads i post and get input on if u want everyone to play like u, ur a very narrow minded individual. Never seen u on any FT's recently i see u havent taken the offer of sitting at a table with me lol ur a joke stop bringing my name up in ur rants as i have said 4 times its over
    goodbye my friend

and just for being arrogant and trying to have the last word
    i wish u no good luck at ur tables

xx
  • edited November 2010

In Response to Re: was he right to call? : The man asked a question so we answered it - correcting others in the process. What do people benefit/learn from reading batkin/young guns awful posts on this thread? Anyone wanting to learn and improve their game shouldn't read someone advertising poor play. Also if batkin/young gun listened to advice then maybe their own games would improve - obviously didn't work this time but never mind. Fwiw this has been the most entertaining thread on the poker clinic by a mile.
    Posted by pryce6

+1

Although i'm not sure I would describe it as entertaining, I find it depressing when I assume people are coming on here to learn and are confronted with some of the nonsense that has been posted on this thread. I for one will less inclined to post again on the poker clinic after this experience.

"Pryce my game does improve from the threads i post and get input on if u want everyone to play like u, ur a very narrow minded individual. Never seen u on any FT's recently i see u havent taken the offer of sitting at a table with me lol ur a joke"

Batkin am I reading this right, you come on here and post nonsense to get a read on how players play a particular spot and I thought slow rolling was bad. Congrats you now have an exact read on how I think THIS hand and THIS situation SHOULD be played - one hand, one spot, now that's what I call narow minded. I wish you luck in finding the exact same situation v me at a cash table, its never going to happen because I never  play short stacked and therefore an OOP call of my 3 bet would never have me in this exact situation. I did have a look for you yesterday to watch you play but found you sitting in tourneys but no cash games.

I'm no great player but I do listen to good advise when it is put infront of me, maybe you should do the same sometimes rather than insulting posters trying to answer other players questions.

As I said earlier I really wonder now why I bothered to post in the first place.

• edited November 2010
    Stein fwiw, we have always said can understand why they have called
    NEVER said we would play like this in this spot, just cos we understand donk players doesnt mean we are, there is no abc in any spot so you need to be flexible. i personally take everything on board and try to learn everything from the poker clinic aswell

Thats my last post on the matter
  • edited November 2010
    Just read through all of this thread, all I have to say is that this is a POKER CLINIC, players view these threads with the intention to learn and improve their game, if pryce/stein see bad advice being offered, what do you expect them to do 
  • edited November 2010
    The comments have been on if the Villain should call or why he did. There are opposing views, some voiced better than others. If peoples opinions were not wanted on this then it would not be open to the public to comment.

Oppose the views all you wish but when people start to mention "You should not be posting on this thread" then thats wrong. The OP can take the view point given from whichever side the deem fit, last i saw there was no poker clinic police making you show your MTT Sharkscope stats before you can answer with your opinion on a situation.

As the saying goes "can't we all just get along" lol -

It would be a very boring thread/forum if each question had 1 answer given by a pre-vetted self declared expert and the opinions of average joes of was never available to debate. DEBATE is where people learn, not in the factual answer - Had the other points not been put accross then Pryce/Stein would not veermently defend their position and explain their thinking to the degree they have, Right or Wrong it all contributes and has the same right to sit on a thread as any other members post

The debates were fun to read but i think i'm done with comment on this one now - So GL ALL (P.S he should have shoved and saved us all a week lol)
  • edited November 2010
    stien so your 100% correct lol get a grip. Pryce my game does improve from the threads i post and get input on if u want everyone to play like u, ur a very narrow minded individual. Never seen u on any FT's recently i see u havent taken the offer of sitting at a table with me lol ur a joke stop bringing my name up in ur rants as i have said 4 times its over goodbye my friend and just for being arrogant and trying to have the last word i wish u no good luck at ur tables xx
    Posted by Batkin88
    Lols. I don't want everyone to play like me, I understand there are endless ways to play hands. As the villain - because of stack sizes and the pre flop re-raise there is only one correct way to play this hand.

I don't think I really need to post any results - and tbh it doesn't concern me to purposely seek you out at the tables just to prove a point.
  • edited November 2010
    Fair enough Aces I understand your point. Things change though when people continually come back arguing when they are posting rubbish - eventually it gets to the point where it's just like...stop posting. 
  • edited November 2010
    stop posting then monkey boy
  • edited November 2010
    lol over 100 posts, can i close this thread!?

• edited November 2010
    lol over 100 posts, can i close this thread!?
    Posted by Scottomus0
    I hope you got the answers you were looking for its been hell for us
  • edited November 2010
    absolutely lol
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: was he right to call? : wt f It's about time we had another row beaneh. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

• edited November 2010
    Well, if anything, this thread  proves that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Right kids :/  ?
    BTW that pryce6 guy is right. i personally wouldn't rush to play him unless i had read, thoroughly understood and practised Ryan Dauts nl 6max strategy guide. I dunno i'm just a fish tho. That tommyD is a bad man too.
    BTW also incase you cats didn't know its a free download. Google it.
    If you don't understand it then why you play ? Because your opponents might and u r are PROBABLY (lol) -ev.
    Just a suggestion. Love to all and let's not fall out. After all it's just a game of cards, virtual at that.
  • edited November 2010
    this thread is amazing don't ever close it. I'll need something to make me laugh now and again.
  • edited November 2010
    yeah dont close it