You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread.

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

So, we've finally got there - the brand new Sky Poker download client is finished and available for you to use at https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/download We've deliberately taken our time with this as we've always wanted to get the best possible product available from the beginning, but we think you'll agree it was worth the wait!

Run as an Adobe Air application, the download client will be noticeably faster to load tables compared to the flash client (which, we hasten to add, will remain available to customers), smoother game play with functions such as auto table focus, and the ability to open many more tables for those of you who want to multi-table. It's a product we've had in beta testing for a few weeks now and we hope you're pleased with the end product. Let us know your thoughts and feedback on the download client, as well as any extra functions you'd like to see added in future versions, as we're always keen to know what our customers have to say.

Good luck at the tables and all of us on the Sky Poker team hope you enjoy the Download Client.

Download available here: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/download

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Sorry to ask this is probably simple but what does auto focus do, its probably self explanatory but i didnt really notice anything different?

Thanks Adam btw for download i think its wicked cheers for pm
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread.:
    Sorry to ask this is probably simple but what does auto focus do, its probably self explanatory but i didnt really notice anything different? Thanks Adam btw for download i think its wicked cheers for pm
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    You'll only really notice the autofocus system when multi tabling with overlapping tables.

It queues up the tables to pop up in order of when action is required.

On the old system it would always focus a table window, even if you are trying to act on another. I.E. it would take away focus from your active table.

Now it will wait until you've taken your action. E.G. placed a bet, saved a note, typed in the chat box, before brining the next table to the front.

It allows you to easily cascade multiple windows on a smaller monitor.

Turning this off simply means you windows will never take focus, you have complete control, but it means that you may miss actions if you are overlapping windows.

Have a go and let me know what you think, i believe it's a massive improvement when multi tabling.

The option is there on the web version too, but we its effectiveness is limited by the different we browsers, many of which have hard coded rules that prevent/limit us from forcing focus when we want to

Best Wishes, glad you like it :-)

Adam
  • edited November 2010
    Oh great thanks for the explanation Adam, i did wonder it would be useful as occasionally multitable

thank you

John
  • edited November 2010

Hi Adam,

Can you put in simple terms for me what I need to do when setting up this autofocus system you have mentioned?

I played 5 tables last week but one table was always hidden and I missed a couple of actions. I can easily have 4 tables on my screen but I struggle with more. I am playing in Orford's multi table thingy on Wednesday night and would like to know how best set up the 6 tables needed.

Regards,

Alan 
  • edited November 2010
    Adobe Air link if anyone needs it.

http://get.adobe.com/air/
  • edited November 2010
    The ability to have more than one tournament lobby open at the same time gets the thumbs-up from me. All is running well here so far, though to be honest it doesn't seem too different to the flash client.

Downloadable client released and new tournaments announced, today is a good day!
  • edited November 2010
    Could of done with that auto thing last week (as mentioned orford multi 5 tables) , couldnt cope till out a couple. then at least i could FOCUS on what i was doing wrong . LOL
  • edited November 2010
    I like the autofocus, however, if you do accidently time out on one table, the table stays hidden.  You have to flick through all the tables to find it, and thats even if you know its there, so if you dont, ur obv going to be autostood, and you still will not know.  Maybe you could have any table ur sitting out on to flash or something, so its easily identifiable.
    Also, now this is in place, I think its time you get an autotopup feature as the same thing applies, u could get stacked and not know, or just be a shortstack, and not realise until its too late.

We are getting there though so good work sky
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Adam, Can you put in simple terms for me what I need to do when setting up this autofocus system you have mentioned? I played 5 tables last week but one table was always hidden and I missed a couple of actions. I can easily have 4 tables on my screen but I struggle with more. I am playing in Orford's multi table thingy on Wednesday night and would like to know how best set up the 6 tables needed. Regards, Alan 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

Sure, to set it up you'd do this 

Open the download client and log in
    Open 'Preferences - /> Display' from the top bar menu
    Tick ' Auto-focus my tables' and hit 'apply'
    Now launch your tables/wait for the tournaments to load

Now for positioning your tables, what size is your screen or monitor?

On my laptop which is 15" i believe, i'd probably run 6 tables in miniview like this below.

With this focus system, the next table which requires action will pop up to the front, it will never move the focus to the next table until you've taken your action. You can manually click over to another table if you wish and take an action, then it will switch back to the table it was last on.

P.S. You still need to be pretty quick to play 6 tables (!)

Please let me know how you get on, if anyone else has any thoughts then feel free to post here

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited November 2010
    well all i can say so far is i am impressed wel done sky :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : Hi Alan, Sure, to set it up you'd do this  Open the download client and log in Open 'Preferences - /> Display' from the top bar menu Tick ' Auto-focus my tables' and hit 'apply' Now launch your tables/wait for the tournaments to load Now for positioning your tables, what size is your screen or monitor? On my laptop which is 15" i believe, i'd probably run 6 tables in miniview like this below. With this focus system, the next table which requires action will pop up to the front, it will never move the focus to the next table until you've taken your action. You can manually click over to another table if you wish and take an action, then it will switch back to the table it was last on. P.S. You still need to be pretty quick to play 6 tables (!) Please let me know how you get on, if anyone else has any thoughts then feel free to post here Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

This isnt really a good example to show the benefits of the autofocus.  The setup you have here can be done with no probs without autofocus, esp with the new smaller miniview tables.  The overlap is so so small that it makes no difference.  Also why would you position that bottom middle table there
  • edited November 2010
    If I have been using the test DC do i need to redownload anythinng?
  • edited November 2010
    Big thumbs up and even bigger thank you to sky for using the Adobe Air software. I didn't believe that I would be able to use the download - pessimistic I know, but you get use to that as a mac user.
    I haven't used it fully yet - just opened and browsed through the tabs. The first thing I noticed was the speed!

Again, thank you to all involved in getting this download out - concept, programming, testing etc and for not making it a strictly PC affair.

Regards

Si
  • edited November 2010
    If I have been using the test DC do i need to redownload anythinng?
    Posted by SoLack
    I haven't and it working fine
  • edited November 2010
    well all i can say so far is i am impressed wel done sky :)
    Posted by silver8ack
    +1
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : This isnt really a good example to show the benefits of the autofocus.  The setup you have here can be done with no probs without autofocus, esp with the new smaller miniview tables.  The overlap is so so small that it makes no difference.  Also why would you position that bottom middle table there
    Posted by OMahonyO

Any example of it is good compared to what they had before.

The easiest difference to spot it start entering a note whilst multi tabling and it wont move you away from it constantly like it did before.

Works well imo. 
  • edited November 2010
    Can i ask,

Why doesnt my table pop up if i dnt have a table ontop.

A number of times when im doing paperwork for work i need to search a few things, while im playing, the amount of hands i miss is annoying. I thought the download may sort it.

Anyways, thanks - P.S i know im one man i wont make a differance lol.
  • edited November 2010
    Still not impressed with the sky software, compared to other sites like bet 365 and betfair.
    I have complained about this before, but have never recd. a reply.
    I have a 24" screen and can only use a quarter of it, while on other sites I can use the full screen.
    I have found no difference in the original client and the new downloadable client.
    I have windows 7 ultimate and a dual core cpu with 4gb memory. Cpu speed is 2.5ghz
  • edited November 2010

Still lagging alot when I try 8 tables......and the sit out thing is annoying too. Is there any way that u can make it pop-up to let me know I've timed out???

• edited November 2010
    My league points are not being shown( i.e the breakdown of cash,stg and mtt)
  • edited November 2010
    Still not impressed with the sky software, compared to other sites like bet 365 and betfair. I have complained about this before, but have never recd. a reply. I have a 24" screen and can only use a quarter of it, while on other sites I can use the full screen. I have found no difference in the original client and the new downloadable client. I have windows 7 ultimate and a dual core cpu with 4gb memory. Cpu speed is 2.5ghz
    Posted by wynne1938

Are you meaning in terms of the maximum size you can make a table?

Many sites have a maximum size for some reason, some older sites let you full screen one table but that's not much use anymore with so many people playing more than one table. The onus is on multi tabling + speed rather than focusing on one tabling customers. You could reduce your screen resolution so that the size of the table gets bigger other than that you just have to deal with it really it's not a feature that would likely benefit much of the community.

Dohhh how many other things are you running when you get lag, and what do you define Lag actually as.

You just need to be able to see enough of the table to see the sit out button don then you can tell which tables you've timed out on. There's not much else you can do this auto focus is massive massive improvement on the last iteration of the sky software.
  • edited November 2010

I had just msn, and a web page of the forum open beaneh.

The lag, (as I see it) I was 8 tabling on mini. And I'd have a rush of 4 folds, which obviously I took some of the time bar to make on each. Then following the folds, after a 3 second delay, there was another table that popped up, where I had maybe 1/2 seconds to act. If I'm folding it's fine, but if I'm looking at action, bet sizing, etc, I've got no chance......So there's a delay on the table popping up.

I signed out of msn which didn't make much difference.

Also, when I go 5/6/7/8.....seconds without having a table pop up, I'm paranoid about being sat out on 1 or more. As there's no other way of knowing.......

• edited November 2010

Not impressed playing on the web page I have had no problems ….. Lost a good few hands because of freezing ….. Example …. My hand was showing that I had a Q7 two queens showing in the flop so I obviously raise by a few thousand chips ….. Screen freezes and flop completely changes this has happened a few times…….would def nor recommend downloading worked perfectly fine via web

• edited November 2010
    will it give me better cards/stop downswings ;-)
  • edited November 2010

THANK YOU RAWHAND FOR THAT, MUCH APPRECIATED

Adobe Air link if anyone needs it. http://get.adobe.com/air/
    Posted by rawhand
  • edited November 2010

My download got disconnected while I was 3 handed on the final table of the Velocity - i was successfully on msn/fb/other sites. Blinds 6k/12k lol. Lost like half of my stack but managed 2nd.

Cost me £35 quid. Should get a free tournament entry imo...

• edited November 2010
    I have had 2 problems tonight,rotate position not working and my cards not showing face up,playing blind(happened twice in this last week.
  • edited November 2010
    Just finished an evening of 6 tabling on the client. Usually only do 3-4 on a web browser. No problems at all auto focus works really well. Thumbs up from me :)

• edited November 2010
    I think folk yet again are suffering from the sky tinted specs syndrom.

In all honesty, there is no notably difference. Whats the point in offering a downloadable version when zero has changed?

Fair enough offer a downloadable client if you take customers feedback and act on this.

I still cannot change table sizes and playing in mini view is farcical to say the least.

I however do applaud sky for attempting to take the site to the next level but quite frankly they are years behind and have lost shed loads of potential users due to the time taken to attempt at an upgrade.

To say the new download is "amazing" and "incredible" is nonesense, wake up and smell the fresh air before coming here and endulging in the daily sky poker love in.
  • edited November 2010
    Played all night and multi-tabled - No problems what so ever so far.