You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread.

Comments

• i7i7
    edited December 2010
    Ok this is my second post. Sky Des you mentioned the resizable windows but say nothing about the pop ups when you close the sky lobby, as my original post. Is Sky ignoring my and a lot of other peoples comments? 
    PLEASE GET RID OF THE POP UP
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread.:
    Ok this is my second post. Sky Des you mentioned the resizable windows but say nothing about the pop ups when you close the sky lobby, as my original post. Is Sky ignoring my and a lot of other peoples comments?  PLEASE GET RID OF THE POP UP
    Posted by i7
    yeh.lets avoid the original question by answering other questions.annoying pop up GET RID!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : yeh.lets avoid the original question by answering other questions.annoying pop up GET RID!!!!
    Posted by kb245
    Hi All,

On the pop-up when you close the application.

It's just there to make everyone aware that your account can be used for our other products, surveys have shown us that the majority of our customers are not aware of this, hence we wanted to spread the knowledge.

As always we really appreciate your feedback and are sorry to here that this is annoying you. We've built in a limit to how many times you can view a particular pop-up, I think the problem is being caused by the method of closing the application.

If you close the application, when you are still logged in (it auto logs you out anyway on exit) then you won't see the pop up every time.

If you log out 1st, then close the application then you will always see the pop up, because we don't know you've already seen it since you're logged out, so i am guessing this is what is happening to you.

I hope that make sense, please give it a go and see if that resolves it for you.

Closing the application when you are still logged in also automatically stands you up and closes all open poker tables for you. It will also close any other windows opened in the download, such as the TV Feed, cashier etc. It will not however close any sky poker windows in your web browser. E.G. The forum, Help and Support etc.

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited December 2010
    why are people whining about the pop up, it doesnt affect you in anyway just takes a second longer to log out fully out of skypoker, most poker sites have this i know tilt have a pop up when you log out. chill out, just because you havent had a reply within an hour lol

a suggestion from me would to give us a time bank, 15 seconds is nothing when you are forced to make a difficult decision for a big pot, especially when your multi-tabling and are doing other things. it will help make more informed decisions thats all. cheers.
  • edited December 2010
    on the download there's an issue that on some tables you are unable to open the history tab to see the last hand/few hands on a table, it's happened on 3 different occasions/sessions now with the latest today not being able to open the history tab on 2 of the 6 tables i was playing. reloading the table, standing up then sitting down were both unhelpful.

obviously this is very annoying as i cant see peoples cards in certain spots and past actions which is a big issue.

never had this on the browser either.
  • edited December 2010
    An issue in a tournament while railing other tables in the same tournament:

I was doing this when someone was knocked out on my table and it moved me to a table that I already had open. 

What appeared to happen after this was the original table gave an error saying you already have this table open but the table I was moved to also had this message. 

On clicking the error box both tables were closed and it was a minute or two before the table popped back up so I could play.

Under the circumstances, I was playing in the Orford Multiballs tournament so playing maybe 3 tournaments at once, it was impossible to tell which lobby I should be opening to relaunch my table.

If this happens again when I'm not multi-tabling tournaments I'll grab a screen shot.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : Nutter ;)
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Now look ere Des, the player name, oynutter, (according to the general consensus of opinion among English language professors), actually suggests that I am probably ( but not necessarily) not a nutter, and that the  person  I am currently directing attention towards is, in fact, the implied nutter. At the moment Des, I am directing attention towards your good self, and you can draw your own conclusions from this fact--- oynutter
  • edited December 2010

dont know if any one ealse gets this but when playing i get the old lobbys pop up from earlier tournys

any help would be welcome 

had down load a cpl of months and it allways been there
  • edited December 2010
    why dont the lobby filters save the options I pick?  I have to chose again each time ...??
    Thought the point of the filters was to store your choices so not to mess about each time.?
  • edited December 2010
    please add additional note taking features, your downloadable client is the reason ive started putting in some volume here
  • i7i7
    edited December 2010
    Sky Adam, thanks for coming back with your solutions. I did try them all but they did not work. I still get all those annoying pop ups. When we use the lobby through the website, Web browsers have an option to stop pop ups, it uses a pop up blocker. We have to allow sky poker to download content by unticking the pop up blocking option.
    Now, the pop up blocker is a users choice. I do not allow websites to "pop up windows nilly willy" while I am online. Obviously sky poker is a different animal and I allow. So with this new sky poker software why not put an option on that so we can stop pop ups.
    As I have said going online and allowing pop ups etc is a users choice. Sky should not "abuse" this option. Pop ups are not wanted by me.
    Hurst 05, that is my reasons for not wanting these windows. I know its not difficult to close the windows, but it should be my choice if I want them on my pc.
    Maybe this thread clouded your judgement while calling with "the nuts" 4 eights with ace kicker lol

PLEASE REMOVE POP UPS
  • edited December 2010
    Cant options be added in preferences to turn on/off those pop up windows. You'd then have to look at them once when you log in first time and then once you've changed your settings you're sorted but you have the choice to see it again easily.
  • edited December 2010
    I've taken Adams advise and now don't log out before I close down the application and no more closing pop-ups:))
  • edited December 2010
    I continually get logged out after about 30 seconds.  Can't use it at all.  Will try again tomorrow and hope this is just a temporary glitch.
  • edited December 2010
    Q: Why does the download lobby look dated, like it was created for a DOS operating system?
  • edited December 2010
    Disapointed there's no LINUX support.
  • edited December 2010
    mine won't even open on the flopwit desktop---pathetic imo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    when is the real download coming out-- you know--- the one that really is a download--you know the one that works and you can play poker on??
  • edited December 2010
    when is the real download coming out-- you know--- the one that really is a download--you know the one that works and you can play poker on??
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi Oynutter, sorry to hear you are having problems.  Have you been in touch with Customer Care to see if the can offer any assistance? If not, give them a try and hopefully they can get it sorted for you.  Alternatively PM Sky_Adam and I am sure he, or one of his Tech colleagues, will be able to help you.
  • edited December 2010
    Disapointed there's no LINUX support.
    Posted by SUDDS
    I installed to Opensuse 11.3 and its working fine.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : Hi Oynutter, sorry to hear you are having problems.  Have you been in touch with Customer Care to see if the can offer any assistance? If not, give them a try and hopefully they can get it sorted for you.  Alternatively PM Sky_Adam and I am sure he, or one of his Tech colleagues, will be able to help you.
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
     Customer care lol--- I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, works now, theres a gliche somewhere because I closed the so-called "download", and when I tried to re-open it nothing happened, then when I tried to uninstall it, it said it was already running and I have to close it first, so I shut down computer, then uninstalled it after rebooting
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : I installed to Opensuse 11.3 and its working fine.
    Posted by IZZY583
    That sounds promising. Have seen another thread regarding the download and Linux which didn't sound so promising. Only one way to find out.......
  • edited December 2010
    adam this is a joke m8.all day ive had nothing but table lag was in good position in 1k at 22.00hrs had to log out at 22.54 got back in at23.24 game is over then m8.i got no time bar no nothing just folding my hands.a well peed off del.(refund plz its not my fault)
  • edited December 2010
    adam this is a joke m8.all day ive had nothing but table lag was in good position in 1k at 22.00hrs had to log out at 22.54 got back in at23.24 game is over then m8.i got no time bar no nothing just folding my hands.a well peed off del.(refund plz its not my fault)
    Posted by DELTA
    DEl m8, I have had problems with lag as well m8. I cut down  tab and it's been ok since.
    Maybe your running to many programmes also m8 which affects it - havent had what your experiencing now for a while but I did used to crash with the download and having hands folding for me - but since running less programmes and cutting 1 tab out, it's worked ok - not perfect by any means but bearable. 
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by DELTA
    Hi Del,

I'll drop you an email or a PM and see what we can do to assist you here, as we need to fully understand your pc specifications, operating system etc and establish what other applications are being run. (Some may be hidden processes therefore running without your knowledge)

If you are lagging on just 1 or 2 tables then I'd imagine there must be something running in the background which is hitting your processor and memory.

One application which uses more process than you might think is the instant messenger program for example.

Dylan: I'll drop you an email too

Regards

Adam

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. :  Customer care lol--- I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, works now, theres a gliche somewhere because I closed the so-called "download", and when I tried to re-open it nothing happened, then when I tried to uninstall it, it said it was already running and I have to close it first, so I shut down computer, then uninstalled it after rebooting
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi Nutter,

I'll pm you to collate some information on your pc so we can log this occurrance, therefore if it happens again/affects other people we can build a picture and hopefully find a link which explains this gitch you've seen

Kind Regards

adam
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Adam,

Would it be possible to add the ability to open multiple lobby windows sometime in the near future?

One of the reasons Sky Poker seemed to introduce the download client was to enable lag free multi-tabling but I would have thought that multi-tabling would also rely on being able to monitor your position in all tournaments with multiple lobby windows.

It seems to me that customers are having to fight the software to do what should be a basic function.  I have seen various posts in General, Community Suggestions and Technical Queries asking about opening multiple lobby windows.  Some people have suggested opening one in the download client and one from the website.  I suggested opening multiple lobby windows in tabs by cut and pasting the addresses into tabs.  Either is hardly ideal.

In the past it's been mentioned the server load that is introduced by multiple lobby windows polling for data is a problem.  Surely that should be addressed by increased server capacity rather than crippling the functionality the users are trying to use?

• edited December 2010
    Hi Adam, Would it be possible to add the ability to open multiple lobby windows sometime in the near future? One of the reasons Sky Poker seemed to introduce the download client was to enable lag free multi-tabling but I would have thought that multi-tabling would also rely on being able to monitor your position in all tournaments with multiple lobby windows. It seems to me that customers are having to fight the software to do what should be a basic function.  I have seen various posts in General, Community Suggestions and Technical Queries asking about opening multiple lobby windows.  Some people have suggested opening one in the download client and one from the website.  I suggested opening multiple lobby windows in tabs by cut and pasting the addresses into tabs.  Either is hardly ideal. In the past it's been mentioned the server load that is introduced by multiple lobby windows polling for data is a problem.  Surely that should be addressed by increased server capacity rather than crippling the functionality the users are trying to use?
    Posted by Machka
    +1 multiple lobby windows would be a great help. Especially for updating multiple tourneys as well. 

• edited December 2010
    +1

This would be a great help to me, and I'm sure many others, if a player desires to play several tournaments at the same time, especially if they overlap on starting times
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. :  Customer care lol--- I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, works now, theres a gliche somewhere because I closed the so-called "download", and when I tried to re-open it nothing happened, then when I tried to uninstall it, it said it was already running and I have to close it first, so I shut down computer, then uninstalled it after rebooting
    Posted by oynutter

When you have issues with programs for example one crashes. You can go to the task manager (press ctrl/alt/del at the same time). In the applications tab you can see what programs are running and quit those that have crashed etc.

Even once you do this there may well be  processes that the application uses still running, so you'd have to open the next tab 'processes' to quit those that are associated with the application having a problem. Until those processes are killed you wont be able to restart the application. restarting the computer willl kill the process hence why reboot fixed your problem. Next time you can just go to task manager and find the process yourself.