You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    smoooooooooooooth and fast

wiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread.:
    smoooooooooooooth and fast wiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes, Lennon's goal was awesome - but what do you think about the download Greg?

COYS! 8- />
  • edited November 2010
    The download is undoubtedly a major improvement and makes sky poker more appealing to play.

I would, however, like it if on the poker lobby if it showed your balance and your in-play balance aswell. Most other sites do this already and it makes it much easier to see what your total balance is while you are still multi-tabling. If you're playing 3-4 cash tables its hard to keep track of how much money you have especially if you top up a few times.

Does anyone else think this will be of benefit?

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : You'll only really notice the autofocus system when multi tabling with overlapping tables. It queues up the tables to pop up in order of when action is required. On the old system it would always focus a table window, even if you are trying to act on another. I.E. it would take away focus from your active table. Now it will wait until you've taken your action. E.G. placed a bet, saved a note, typed in the chat box, before brining the next table to the front. It allows you to easily cascade multiple windows on a smaller monitor. Turning this off simply means you windows will never take focus, you have complete control, but it means that you may miss actions if you are overlapping windows. Have a go and let me know what you think, i believe it's a massive improvement when multi tabling. The option is there on the web version too, but we its effectiveness is limited by the different we browsers, many of which have hard coded rules that prevent/limit us from forcing focus when we want to Best Wishes, glad you like it :-) Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    This is a huge improvement! Good work.

One thing which could be better is having re-sizeable tables for the multitablers.
  • edited November 2010
    Download--- LOL-- its a link to a smaller web page on your desktop--- which took 2 years to make--brilliant!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Absolutely love the new download client.  Lobby is smooth and has a really nice feel to it.  Everything seems to be slicker and more functonal.

*Thumbs-up*
  • edited November 2010
    THANK GOD THEY HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this for 2 years....just read my emails and found out that the download was available.....great news. its allready on my desktop.

I will be back at Sky Poker as soon as i withdraw my bankroll from Pokerstars. I had other plans this weekend but they are now out the window. Sky Poker it is.

I have been away for so long due to not being able to play properly on the web version hopefully this should solve all my problems and ill be back for good. I'm sure that there are many players like me out there who have been waiting for this and will now come back to the site.

My only question is what took you so long lol???????

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tables - unfortunately it just got a little harder for most :-p

Thank you Sky Team, I love you all!!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    One thing I think would be a good addition with regards to the cash/tourny lobby.

If you are sitting at a cash table or registered for a tourny can that table/tourny be highlighted by italics or a different colour so you can see which of the cash tables you are on easily and which tournies you are and aren't registered in with just a glance.

The lag is just your computer/the graphics and processor combined. plus the fact you only get 10 seconds per decision anyway.

I used to have those problems on my mac laptop and when playing on the web version a while ago but there seems to be alot less lag issues since mini view etc.

Try and work out at what number of tables y ou start to see lag regularly.
  • edited November 2010
    THANK GOD THEY HAVE DONE IT!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for 2 years....just read my emails and found out that the download was available.....great news. its allready on my desktop. I will be back at Sky Poker as soon as i withdraw my bankroll from Pokerstars. I had other plans this weekend but they are now out the window. Sky Poker it is. I have been away for so long due to not being able to play properly on the web version hopefully this should solve all my problems and ill be back for good. I'm sure that there are many players like me out there who have been waiting for this and will now come back to the site. My only question is what took you so long lol??????? Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tables - unfortunately it just got a little harder for most :-p Thank you Sky Team, I love you all!!!!!!
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Welcome back, Kyley, great to see you.
  • edited November 2010
    Download version is goodish . Not a lot of difference against non-download tables. A minor niggle is you can't refresh the account balance. 8/10
  • edited November 2010

Does this download work on xp?

As ive downloaded it on an old pc and it's stopped other things working now!

• edited December 2010
    The timer bar kept on going after i bet and folded a couple of times today but once run down after a little delay did what it was asked to do.(IE Windows 7 premium)
  • edited December 2010
    Is there a way to resize tables or is it only the mini view?    thanks
  • edited December 2010
    just downloaded, all good so far, should be able to play more on ere again, and multi.....

+1 on resizing tables, cant fit normal and dont like mini.
  • edited December 2010
    Should be an option to resize to full screen.

Not everyone wants to multi-table.
  • i7i7
    edited December 2010
    Well this is my first post. It's not a very "happy one". I am sorry to say that the new software comes with an EVIL attachment. When I close the Sky lobby another annoying window opens, for Sky vegas, Bet etc.
    Can you tell me how to get rid of this. When I close the Sky lobby "that is it", I have finished. So I don't want anymore windows opening. I am not interested in spending my money elsewhere. Thanks
  • edited December 2010
    Well this is my first post. It's not a very "happy one". I am sorry to say that the new software comes with an EVIL attachment. When I close the Sky lobby another annoying window opens, for Sky vegas, Bet etc. Can you tell me how to get rid of this. When I close the Sky lobby "that is it", I have finished. So I don't want anymore windows opening. I am not interested in spending my money elsewhere. Thanks
    Posted by i7

Yeah this is horrifically annoying, click to shut click to confirm shutting then an advert window pops up and there is no way in the settings to turn it off it's horribly annoying.
  • edited December 2010
    Well this is my first post. It's not a very "happy one". I am sorry to say that the new software comes with an EVIL attachment. When I close the Sky lobby another annoying window opens, for Sky vegas, Bet etc. Can you tell me how to get rid of this. When I close the Sky lobby "that is it", I have finished. So I don't want anymore windows opening. I am not interested in spending my money elsewhere. Thanks
    Posted by i7

good point
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Download Client - Official Feedback Thread. : Yeah this is horrifically annoying, click to shut click to confirm shutting then an advert window pops up and there is no way in the settings to turn it off it's horribly annoying.
    Posted by beaneh
    + 1 unessesary and annoying
  • edited December 2010

Downloaded and used this for the first time tonight.
    Game was much faster and smoother - a big improvement that should have been made a long time ago.

I agree with everyone about the pop up advert on closing - unnecessary and irritating.

• edited December 2010
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone, we are following the thread and listening.  I appreciate the concern over resizable windows, we wanted to include them in the Download also but were unable to for various technical reasons.  We will shortly kick off a new project which will involve resizable windows within it, so they are very much in our thinking.
  • edited December 2010
    WHAT!!!--- not a real download surely?
  • edited December 2010
    sorry Des, just playing devils addvodka
  • edited December 2010
    sorry Des, just playing devils addvodka
    Posted by oynutter
    Nutter ;)
  • edited December 2010
    hi,cannot download new program and no answer from customer care,somebody help me,just once ,not too much to ask for is it.
  • edited December 2010
    hi,cannot download new program and no answer from customer care,somebody help me,just once ,not too much to ask for is it.
    Posted by lukedash
    what exactly is the problem??? if nothing happens when you press the download now button . download ADOBE AIR first from adobe website and then you should be able to download::))))
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by lukedash
    Hi Lukedash, sorry to hear you are having problems with the download.  What system are you using and what error messages, if any, are you getting when you try to download.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by lukedash
    Hi Lukedash,

I'm arranging for someone in our Customer Care Team to give you a call and take you through it step by step. A re-install of Adobe AIR is the most likely fix, although there are many other scenarios depending on operating system etc, hence it's easier to be resolved over the phone, rather than providing direct support on this forum.

I'm sure we'll be able to get this resolved for you and i'm sorry to hear we couldn't resolve your query 1st time around when you made contact.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by i7
    I agree.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone, we are following the thread and listening.  I appreciate the concern over resizable windows, we wanted to include them in the Download also but were unable to for various technical reasons.  We will shortly kick off a new project which will involve resizable windows within it, so they are very much in our thinking.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Now you've opened the floodgates Des.  There will be endless posts about when is the resizeable version going to be ready now!