You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Downhill Spiral

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral:
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : I said that Wow! Show me where please. I said that too, Wow! Show me where please. Dunno you're the expert I have merely (no pun intended) said that I don't like what I have been observing at the tables. You guys got all defensive and tried putting words in my mouth.
    Posted by elsadog
    They usually do elsa,they usually do.I myself just do not like the same scenarios in the exact same spots all the time.Ive played for over 10 years first at home and then online and i see a MASSIVE differance in variance online,there HAS to be a logical reason for this somewhere,xxx

PS please nobody come back with the usual 'oh but you see more hands online' cos 100 hands online is EXACTLY the same as 100 hands live it is just quicker.100.0000 is also the same oh and so is 1000.000
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : They usually do elsa,they usually do.I myself just do not like the same scenarios in the exact same spots all the time.Ive played for over 10 years first at home and then online and i see a MASSIVE differance in variance online,there HAS to be a logical reason for this somewhere,xxx PS please nobody come back with the usual 'oh but you see more hands online' cos 100 hands online is EXACTLY the same as 100 hands live it is just quicker.100.0000 is also the same oh and so is 1000.000
    Posted by debdobs_67

Have you actually ever analysed the results of 100,000 hands?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : You said "I played it that way purposely. I said the OP would hit because I had intentionally flat called." How do you rationalize this statement if you do not believe that the site is corrupt? It has been clearly stated by Sky Poker that the cards are determined by a RNG that selects the deck before any action at the table is made. You are claiming that the actions were affected because you flat called. Can you reconcile these apparent contradictions?
    Posted by MereNovice

I had some friends call round and I had an entry to Santa's Sack from a couple of weeks previous. I decided to enter the ME so I had 2 tables up at the same time. We got talking and they asked me how I was doing at the poker. I said that all was not well and that I seemed to hit a brick wall in every game I played on Sky over the past few months. They asked what I meant and I explained that I was struggling to win any hand. They asked why and I said I was stopping playing for a period to see if things improved at a later date. They asked about why I was struggling to win almost any hands and I said watch this. I had pocket 5's in the BB and said that I could either fold them or raise them. I wasn't intending to sit playing poker and ignoring our friends so I said watch what happens. The only way was to flat call and the sb folded and the bb checked. I then checked or called in order for the bb's hand to be shown at the end. When the flop came down 44x I said he will have a 4 and I go out here. As I said in my first post - a coincidence. I don't know if it is or isn't but there are a lot of coincidences just lately. 

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : Have you actually ever analysed the results of 100,000 hands?
    Posted by MereNovice

No, but I bet my house you have.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : I had some friends call round and I had an entry to Santa's Sack from a couple of weeks previous. I decided to enter the ME so I had 2 tables up at the same time. We got talking and they asked me how I was doing at the poker. I said that all was not well and that I seemed to hit a brick wall in every game I played on Sky over the past few months. They asked what I meant and I explained that I was struggling to win any hand. They asked why and I said I was stopping playing for a period to see if things improved at a later date. They asked about why I was struggling to win almost any hands and I said watch this. I had pocket 5's in the BB and said that I could either fold them or raise them. I wasn't intending to sit playing poker and ignoring our friends so I said watch what happens. The only way was to flat call and the sb folded and the bb checked. I then checked or called in order for the bb's hand to be shown at the end. When the flop came down 44x I said he will have a 4 and I go out here. As I said in my first post - a coincidence. I don't know if it is or isn't but there are a lot of coincidences just lately. 
    Posted by elsadog
    Ok. Just to be clear, you are now saying that he didn't hit trips because you flat called, i.e. the community cards weren't altered by your pre-flop action?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : No, but I bet my house you have.
    Posted by elsadog
    ... and you don't see me posting totally unsubstantiated claims about the site being wrong, do you?

Coincidence?
  • edited December 2010

Of course it's rigged!

But not rigged enough to stop the best players winning ;)

Donkey doubters still lose. lol.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : Tbf when you say things like this it seems as if you are inferring that sky is somehow less random than other sites, and for this to be true obviously someone working for sky must be corrupt.
    Posted by yb

Good point and yes it could be interpreted that way. I simply voiced my concerns regarding what I have seen recently and a proper discussion as to the reasons would have been good. 

• edited December 2010

Guys - don't forget, even though it's Wednesday, we have a LIVE SHOW this evening - an "all-levels" MasterCash special, with lots of freebie giveaway prizes. And Orford.

Before that, I'm about to pre-record a TSP Classic half-hour jobbie, which will tx at 8pm on Saturday.

Have a nice evening.  
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : Have you actually ever analysed the results of 100,000 hands?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Online? no,why? because it is far more than that,over to you ;o)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : Ok. Just to be clear, you are now saying that he didn't hit trips because you flat called, i.e. the community cards weren't altered by your pre-flop action?
    Posted by MereNovice
    I honestly don't know. Do you?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : Online? no,why? because it is far more than that,over to you ;o)
    Posted by debdobs_67
    What is far more than that?

Can we see the results of any analysis that you have carried out so that we can all see for ourselves these strange occurences that you keep making reference to?

Do you have one shred of evidence?

Have you ever answered a straight question with a straight answer?
  • edited December 2010
    as someone said before,

i genuinly almost wonder what it is like to be that deluded in life that you live in a world where nothing is your fault, and that you could do nothing to improve what happens
  • edited December 2010
    can a computer pick random numbers or does it do what its programmed to do?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : I honestly don't know. Do you?
    Posted by elsadog
    I "know" because Sky Poker have unequivocably stated that the deck is determined before the hand is dealt.
    To suggest otherwise is clearly making a claim that the site is corrupt and/or subject to incompetence on such a massive scale that it is inconceivable.

If you believe this to be the case you should definitely take the matter up with the regulators because it would be a fraud so massive that you would be doing a service for all online poker players.

• edited December 2010
    can a computer pick random numbers or does it do what its programmed to do?
    Posted by N1CK
    See my earlier post and the one by DannyMcs.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : See my earlier post and the one by DannyMcs.
    Posted by MereNovice

WOW all them decks of cards and i always get the bad one lols
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : I "know" because Sky Poker have unequivocably stated that the deck is determined before the hand is dealt. To suggest otherwise is clearly making a claim that the site is corrupt and/or subject to incompetence on such a massive scale that it is inconceivable. If you believe this to be the case you should definitely take the matter up with the regulators because it would be a fraud so massive that you would be doing a service for all online poker players.
    Posted by MereNovice

Blind Faith is admirable but can you prove it?

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : Blind Faith is admirable but can you prove it?
    Posted by elsadog
    The issue is: do you believe Sky Poker to be corrupt and/or massively incompetent.
    This is a necessary corollary to your argument.

If you believe it to be the case you should take the recommended action.
    If you don't, you should stop posting unfounded claims.
  • edited December 2010
    As I stated when this started off, it can't be proven one way or the other as I think you've just conceded.

• edited December 2010
    As I stated when this started off, it can't be proven one way or the other as I think you've just conceded.
    Posted by elsadog
    It can be proved. However, I don't have access to the Sky Poker software/infrastructure. People who do have this facility have clearly made statements which mean that your claims are ludicrous.

I could make a statement that Michael Jackson is alive and well and living in Disneyland where Elvis is working as his butler at this moment. It is clearly ludicrous but you would not be able to disprove it using your logic.

You are still ignoring the necessary consequences of your "claim". You can't have it both ways, either the site is "wrong" and action needs to be taken (by you since you are making the claim) or it is fine and you should stop making such outlandish claims.

• edited December 2010
    Can i just add my 2 pence worth on this subject , i have sat here and read every post on this thread (sad i know) can i just ask all the people who think that Sky Poker is bent in anyway shape or form why are you still playing on this site.        If i thought that Sky Poker was bent i know for a fact that there is no-way i would carry on playing here, every single one of us who plays poker it dosent matter at what level gets bad beats, and the simple truth is if we cant take those beats without blaming something then i think it is time to find something else to do for a hobby.       Because thats what it is for 99% of us a hobby it is not life or death its a game we play.       Well ive had my 2 pence worth so ill just say Good luck at the tables everyone.                                          Regards   Mick.
    Posted by chew07
    This post says it all. Great post Chewy.

I too have trawled through this thread.

Anyone who doubts the integrity of the sky poker software is at best stupid if they continue to play here and don't report it to the regulators.

Vince, i admire your determination and eloquence. Unfortunately, though, I fear that you are fighting a losing battle because some people will never get it. They just wont. We will continue to get bad beat post and threads about sites being rigged for ever and ever, because people are stupid, born pessimists, inexperienced at poker,... Or a selection of the above.

People don't think about the consequences of posting such tosh like sky poker is rigged, or "not as it should be", in terms of how it might make loyal sky poker staff members like tikay feel. They are basically doing the equvalient of spitting in his face and implying that he would choose to work for a corrupt organisation... 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : It can be proved. However, I don't have access to the Sky Poker software/infrastructure. People who do have this facility have clearly made statements which mean that your claims are ludicrous. I could make a statement that Michael Jackson is alive and well and living in Disneyland where Elvis is working as his butler at this moment. It is clearly ludicrous but you would not be able to disprove it using your logic. You are still ignoring the necessary consequences of your "claim". You can't have it both ways, either the site is "wrong" and action needs to be taken (by you since you are making the claim) or it is fine and you should stop making such outlandish claims.
    Posted by MereNovice

As it can't be proven one way or the other further action to a self regulating Gaming Commission funded entirely by the very organisations they are supposed to be monitoring would be a waste of time. 

I replied to this post because I am seeing things that don't seem to be right. I sent a PM to Tikay about my observations a week ago but he chose to ignore it and so I joined in an existing thread on the very same subject. It's been an interesting discussion on a number of levels. 

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : This post says it all. Great post Chewy. I too have trawled through this thread. Anyone who doubts the integrity of the sky poker software is at best stupid if they continue to play here and don't report it to the regulators. Vince, i admire your determination and eloquence. Unfortunately, though, I fear that you are fighting a losing battle because some people will never get it. They just wont. We will continue to get bad beat post and threads about sites being rigged for ever and ever, because people are stupid, born pessimists, inexperienced at poker,... Or a selection of the above. People don't think about the consequences of posting such tosh like sky poker is rigged, or "not as it should be", in terms of how it might make loyal sky poker staff members like tikay feel. They are basically doing the equvalient of spitting in his face and implying that he would choose to work for a corrupt organisation... 
    Posted by GREGHOGG

That is so correct.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : As it can't be proven one way or the other further action to a self regulating Gaming Commission funded entirely by the very organisations they are supposed to be monitoring would be a waste of time.  I replied to this post because I am seeing things that don't seem to be right. I sent a PM to Tikay about my observations a week ago but he chose to ignore it and so I joined in an existing thread on the very same subject. It's been an interesting discussion on a number of levels. 
    Posted by elsadog
    As I already said, it can be proven.

The "regulating Gaming Commission" is also corrupt, then?

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : As I already said, it can be proven. The "regulating Gaming Commission" is also corrupt, then?
    Posted by MereNovice
    In your own words 'prove it isnt' as for my hand analysis of over 100k in hands? you should only ever doubt me if in your own words 'you have proof' that i havnt,fair enough yes?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : In your own words 'prove it isnt' as for my hand analysis of over 100k in hands? you should only ever doubt me if in your own words 'you have proof' that i havnt,fair enough yes?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    That's laughable.
    I asked you to post the results so that we could all "enjoy" them.

To use a rather coarse phrase "put up or shut up".

You have never shown a single piece of evidence for any of your wild claims.

• edited December 2010
    I think its time for this thread to be closed

Mods?

• edited December 2010
    stop spoiling it greg

• edited December 2010
    Yeah I've devoted a lot of time to this